Downright Delinquents

By LaurenJ22

Hayley Larson is the girl everyone wants to be. She is a model, has amazing friends, a perfect life. When her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two (re-written: expanded and plot change)
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER (Before Colin)
Quotes šŸ’–
T R A I L E R
Darker Than Sin šŸ–¤
Downright Delinquents: A Chapter Interactive Game
GAME IS LIVE
Downright Delinquents: Chapters Interactive: Spanish Translation
DOWNRIGHT MISFITS (A DOWNRIGHT DELINQUENTS 2.0 NOVEL)
DOWNRIGHT MISFITS TRAILER
Downright Delinquents is live on Lure!

Chapter Twenty Six

255K 7.8K 5.5K
By LaurenJ22

<><><><><><><>

Dedication: 11Celeste11 for the awesome cover on the side! I love it.

Recap:

Dear Lord what was happening to me. This was not me at all. I was enjoying it nonetheless. With a content smile slashed across my face, I headed towards the bathroom. I had only managed to make it a few steps, before I felt a hand grab the back of my neck.

My head was thrown forward, connecting harshly with the mirror. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, as the mirror erupted into tiny shards, raining down beside me. Silence filled the air, the cluttering coming to a still. Slowly, my eyes opened. I stared into the bits of broken mirror that was dangling off off the board.

"Eliza," I drawled, laughing without humour, my old self re-emerging quickly. "What took you so long?"

<><><><><><>

My head was throbbing from the impact of the mirror. Blood trickled down the side of my face as I stared through one of the remaining shards and into Eliza's cold eyes. They were narrowed into slits as she stared at me, a sneer evident on her lips.

"So. You're with Colin."  she stated, clearly already knowing that I was.

I couldn't help the satisfied smirk the danced around my mouth. She clenched her jaw so hard it looked painful. I couldn't help but enjoy the fact that this spoilt brat, despite all her threats, didn't get her way. I'm assuming this was a first.

"Yep," I replied, popping the 'P'. "Is this the part where you say 'he's mine' again and dish out a few more threats, embarrassing yourself further?"

An animal-like growl tore from her throat as her grip on my neck tightened to the extent her nails bit into my flesh. Yeah, that was enough. Using all my strength to push me from the wall, I slammed my head back, connecting the back of my skull to her nose. I heard a satisfying crunch and she let out a desperate cry, releasing her vice-like grip on me.

She cradled her face and I whipped around, not hesitating for a second to throw my leg out, hitting her thigh. Her face crumpled in pain as she fell to the floor. I raised my hand to send another hit her way, before pausing. I tilted my head to the side, watching the blood flow freely from her nose. She was sobbing hysterically. I gulped, the adrenaline slowly fading from my body. I stared at my hand which was ready launch, a little taken back.

I crouched next to her. She flinched as my cool fingertips met with her skin. Okay, so I can definitely say I hate this girl and am sickly happy seeing her in pain, but this much pain was not good. I swallowed, inspecting what I did to her. I had snapped back to my old self so quickly it was a little scary.

"Let me take you to the medical ward-" I began, actually concerned for this piece of crap in front of me. Before I could finish my sentence, the doors barged open and a group of her minions filtered through. I didn't even have time to stand before someone's knee was firmly planted in my back.

I hissed in pain and crashed on top of Eliza. Rolling off of her, I began to scramble to my feet, but was unsuccessful. A girl I hadn't seen much before stomped viciously on my hand. As much as it annoyed me to admit, a yelp of pain escaped my lips.

Two of the girls were tending to Eliza, who was still curled in a fetal position. So there I was, one girl holding my legs down and one with both feet firmly pressed on my hands. My breathing was heavy as I focused hard on not whimpering in pain. I would not give them the satisfaction of hearing me struggle. I was going soft. A couple of months ago I would never have stopped to see if Eliza was okay. Like hell I would ever consider taking her to the medical ward. However, this new Hayley just seemed to get me in to more trouble than I was originally.

Two burly looking guys entered next, looking very stereotypical dressed in black. I wanted to roll my eyes. I squinted, trying to recognise who they were. One of the boys I had seen at the gym a few times, but the other I can't recall having met. I immediately began looking for noticeable characteristics, so I could identify them later.

"Can't fight your own battles again Eliza?" I snorted, looking at her pathetically, not taking my eyes away from the two 'men in black'. "All over a boy? How desperate can you get?"

"It's not just him anymore," she seethed, her eyes scorching. With a lot of effort, she slowly rose to her feet, her head still in her eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot with unshed tears. You couldn't miss the blaze her eyes were sending my way though, even if her fingers were covering her eyes. If her stare could send through lasers, I would be terminated. "It's just you in general now."

I opened my mouth to reply, but one of the guys foot thumped into my rib cage. A scream tore from my throat as both of them began kicking my sides. I tried to curl up and defend myself, but the two girls were doing a pretty decent job at holding me down. I squirmed and wriggled as frantically as I could, trying to remove myself from them.

Suddenly, one of the guys straddled me, his fist connecting with my jaw. The reaction from my body was instant. It was like I was having a seizure. My entire body was engulfed in paralysing fear as I remembered the night where my life fell apart.

It was like my father's murderer's mouth was next to my ear again, whispering to me.

"Aw, you're a bit cute."

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screeched, thrashing as much as I could without my arms and legs. Sweat had gathered across my forehead and my body was trembling with such force it looked like I had snapped into an epileptic fit.

I could almost feel his rough lips brushing mine again. I could hear the zipper of his pants being undone. The nightmare that had haunted me for so long had me so deeply entrenched, that I hadn't even realised that both girls had released me. The boy was no longer straddling me and the other one had stopped beating my body, but it didn't matter. The vivid images were slamming into my mind repeatedly and I was unable to block them out anymore.

My hands clawed at my chest as I felt him strike the knife against my chest. I ripped at my clothes, my permanent scar feeling hot suddenly.

"What the hell?" one of the guys asked, actually looking disturbed. All of them stared at me with wide eyes, as my entire body was in a fit-like state. Not meaning to, I actually tried to reach out to one of them, so they could help me.

I hadn't been this scared in a long time. I was stuck inside my own panic attack and there was no way out.

"Let's get out of here," one of the girls whispered frantically, her eyes darting around the room as though checking there weren't any secret cameras watching them. "This is messed up."

At once, they all clambered away from me. Eliza paused, as if internally conflicted with what to do. For a second I actually thought she was going to be like me and regret what she had done.

I was wrong.

She quickly turned from me and without a backward glance, ran after her friends, leaving me alone. Terror was coursing through my veins to the extent I couldn't move anymore. I was that scared, living through my nightmare, that my body was unable to function. My breathing was rapid as I struggled to catch my breath. The violent shaking of my body had my teeth clattering together painfully. I bit my tongue accidentally, drawing blood.

"I'll come for you one day Hayley. Mark. My. Word."

They were the last words I thought, before blackness flooded my vision.

<><><><><><>

I groaned dramatically as I tried to move my aching body. I had finally been released from hospital and was back in my dorm, but it wasn't much better here. I was practically still bed ridden and it sucked. Luckily none of my ribs appeared to be cracked or broken, but I did have some wicked bruises that sashed the sides of my body. I had a lump on my head and my jaw was still swollen, so yeah, you could tell I was looking pretty hot right now.

I was actually quite muscle sore, all through my shoulders and back. Andrea, my doctor for today, said that my body tensed up during my panic attack, which would result in some aches and pains.

I sighed, the sharp images of the night my father was murdered still burning fresh in my mind. I didn't think I would still be that affected by what happened with my Dad. Sure, it will stay with me forever, but the night terrors, the hurt inside my chest and the coldness I felt had temporarily gone. Silly me to think that I could actually move on and be happy.

Colin was ready to wipe the floor with the scumbags who did this. But seeing as I only knew Eliza, I couldn't really dob the others in. Although I reckon I would recognise them if I saw them again. Hopefully my memory isn't too shaken from my freak-out mode.

It was ironic, huh. I finally start feeling remotely happy again and I was actually trying to turn a new leaf, but no. Old Hayley came barging back through and doesn't appear to be leaving any time soon, which is a tad depressing. As much as I wanted to feel that 'happiness' I felt only yesterday, I knew it would take me a while to be able to feel that way again. If I ever could. I even dreaded spending time with Colin. I just want to be alone.

Speak of the Devil, he re-emerged from my bathroom with a glass of water planted in his palm. He sidled in, sitting in front of me. As if I was made of glass, he gently opened my mouth and tipped some water in. I frowned at his gesture, although it was sickly sweet, I was a little annoyed.

"I was bashed sure, but my hands can still function." I snapped, irritated.

I hated when people babied me. I could handle myself fine. I have had to for a long time.

"I know," he said, annoyed at me being irritated. (Yes, we were angry at the fact that we were getting angry at each other).  "But I want to look after you."

I sighed through my nose. He was being sweet and trying to help, but I wasn't used to this. In fact, I didn't really like it. I was independent and strong. I can look after myself. I narrowed my eyes at him, He reached out for my hand and I flinched. The hurt was immediate in his eyes and yet, I felt nothing. I was back to being the cold, heartless girl I have been. I wanted to feel that love for him again. I wanted to have him hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay.

But it wasn't going to be. I had to stop being a princess about life. Pretending I could be like other girls is a lie.

"Hayley, you don't have to fight this battle on your own. I know you have, many times, but you have me now. I can help you through things like this."

"Can you really though?" I snapped, without meaning to. He opened his mouth to reply, but I kept going. He needed to listen. "Sure, we can talk things over and you can try and understand, but how does that really help? Yeah, talking about things feels nice but it isn't going to change the fact that I'm broken. I'm damaged and I will never be the same again. Things like this," I gestured to my battered body, "will always occur. I will never be able to get away from it, because trouble follows me. Misery loves company after all."

"But I-" he began, but I interrupted him.

"Just get out."

He stopped, his eyebrows shooting up. Determination flooded his features as he met my gaze challengingly.

"No."

"Get. Out." I said venomously, pushing against his chest. "I don't need you here."

"Yes you do."

"GET OUT!" I screeched, pushing against his chest harder. Fortunately for him, his quick reflexes stopped him falling back.

Now he just looked angry.

"NO." he yelled back.

My chest was rising and falling fast, my breathing becoming heavy. I stared at him, my eyes hot with fierceness. I clambered to my feet and stepped back, my cheeks flushed. I needed to be harsh in order for him to understand. For him to get that I can't ever be with him.

"I don't want you. I don't need you. I don't love you. Get out."

That's when he snapped. A growl left his lips and he leapt to his feet, enclosing his slender fingers around my wrist. My skin flared (annoyingly) as soon as he made contact me. Stupid hormones, always messing things up.

"Take that back."

"No." I spat, ignoring the longing feeling to be with him, which was accumulating in the pit of my stomach.

"Take that back now." he barked, the grip on my wrists tightening.

My muscles were screaming at me to stop moving, but I ignored them the best I could. Okay, so what I was saying was completely untrue, but I didn't want to drag him into my mess any more than I already have. I know eventually he will have enough of me and leave, like everyone else has in my life.

May as well beat him to it, right?

"You don't need to push me away," he grunted through clenched teeth, clearly trying not to scream into my face like he wants to. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Fine, then I am." I yelled, wrenching from his grip with extreme force. I took off toward the door, but his hand on my upper arm dragged me back. Without even knowing I was going to, I spun around and punched him. My body reacted quicker than my mind possibly could have. My fist connected with his cheek and his head snapped to the left, his body staggering.

He was definitely taken by surprise otherwise he could have dodged it easily. Usually I could throw my whole body at him and he wouldn't lose balance. Almost knocking him over was actually surprising. I was impressed with myself.

He swivelled his head towards me, his face hot with anger. I paused, looking down at my trembling hands. What the hell was I doing? Before I could contemplate my next move, the flashback of my father's murdered bombarded me again, making me remember why I was acting this way. I snapped my eyes to meet his, a sadistic smirk making its way onto my face.

"Still want me now?" I breathed, my mouth working before my brain apparently.

He shot forward and despite my body being bruised and sore, he slammed me against the wall. I cried out in shock, not expecting it.

"I don't care how much you make me angry and how much you want to be left alone. My body aches for you. I will always want you."

And with that, his lips met mine hungrily.

I had missed this.

Without a moment of hesitation, I kissed him back with all I could. My hurt, anger and passion ignited the kiss into something I'd never experienced before. Sure, we had had some really hot (and I mean really hot) make out sessions, but never fuelled like this one. We were both so wound up and angry, that it exploded within us.

My fingers tangled roughly through his hair, as he scooped me up effortlessly. My long legs wound around his waist. We fell onto the bed together (my body wincing in pain) but I was too electrified with emotion to care much.

His tongue made a circular pattern on my neck and I gasped. I felt him smirk against my skin, his hands wandering everywhere.

"I love you," he growled against me, kissing my skin roughly.

"I love you more," I panted, hardly able to speak with what he was doing to me. My eyes rolled back into my head as I focused on the ceiling.

So how I went from screaming and punching him, to passionately making out with him and saying I love you is beyond me. But I guess this was just Colin and I. It was up and down always. If it was any different, it wouldn't be us.

For the next, however long it took, I was completely lost in him. My worries and fears died away the moment his lips met mine. My body was engulfed in pure bliss as I let myself just be with him. His touch was the only thing keeping me remotely sane right now.

I love this boy so much it hurts.

<><><><><><>

"Oh God, my eyes!" a high-pitch voice screeched, annoyingly snapping me from my sleep.

Grumbling, I reluctantly opened my eyes and stared at the culprit of the screaming. Imogen had her palms firmly pressed against her eyes, her long mane tumbling down the sides of her head, making her face non-visible.

I glanced down at what she was carrying on about and saw a very naked back side of Colin. I snorted with laughter, before turning it into a cough when Colin glared at me. He quickly grabbed my sheet and wrapped it around the lower half of his body.

I was geninuely feeling better already. Time with Colin did that to me. Life dragged me down and Colin (in very pleasurable ways) brought me back to the light.

"Colin, your body is like sculpted from God himself, but this is too much to see before ten am." she said, shaking her head. "But I have imagined what it would look like numerous times in my head..."

"Get out of it," I laughed, yes actually laughed, rolling my eyes.

I wriggled out from Colin's arm and propped myself back. I mentally patted myself on the back for snagging Colin's shirt before going to sleep. Unlucky for him is all I can say.

"I thought the doctor said to refrain from any strenuous activities?" she smirked suggestively, wiggling her eyebrows furiously at me.

I smirked back. "What can I say? I was born a rebel."

"Any chance I'll be getting my shirt back any time soon?" Colin interjected, scowling at me for laughing at him.

"It's comfortable and black is my colour, so no."

"Don't think I'm doing the walk of shame down the hallway with nothing on, thank you very much." he said snippily. "Or this won't be happening again."

"Oh please," I scoffed. "You couldn't resist me."

He tilted his head to the side, surveying my body. He nodded in defeat, his eyes going a few shades darker again. "Yeah, that's true."

"If you want it back that badly," I smirked, trailing my finger down his naked chest. "Take it off with your teeth."

"I'm going to be sick," Imogen urged, actually placing a hand to her mouth. "Foreplay is only fun when you're the one doing it."

"Then leave." Colin snapped, not breaking eye contact with me.

Her mouth fell open at the seriousness in Colin's voice. He was fixated on my lips and I was loving every second of it.

"Well that's just rude." she grumbled, grabbing some stuff off of her bed.

Colin's lips pressed against my nose, kissing me softly. Suddenly, the door barged open and we were interrupted again.

"Woah, what the fu-" Chase began but Imogen quickly covered his eyes, as if someone he loved had just been hacked to pieces.

"Children should not witness this," she whispered dramatically.

Chase opened his mouth, I'm sure to make a super inappropriate comment, but I gently pushed Colin off of me and spoke before he could.

"Alright alright, why is everyone coming in?"

"Ah, that may be my fault." Imogen awkwardly laughed. "See, when I said we were having a party back at mine, I didn't realise there was one already taking place in your bed..."

"The party doesn't start till' I walk in!" Jeremy cried out refrencing Ke$ha, barging through the door loudly.

Colin's cheeks tinged pink as he was still only wrapped in my sheet. I glanced down at his shirt reached my mid-thigh, which was quite a good length. Going into the bathroom, I quickly changed and threw his clothes back out to him. Impressively sneaky, he changed under the blankets and stood up, looking perfect as always.

The rest of our posse and a few others were soon enough flooding through the room. Half were already drunk and grinding on each other, while the rest were trying hard to catch up. I had had a few myself, to take the edge of. I think I deserved one.

My body was now sorer than ever after being with Colin, so that put my recovery rate on a pause, but it was so worth it. I downed the rest of my drink and slid my arms around Colin's waist, pressing my forehead against his back.

"Thanks for not leaving when I not-so-nicely told you to."

He slithered around in my arms until he was facing me. He kissed me softly on the forehead, staring down at me.

"I know you by now Hayley. Everything with you is a fight. But I love you and it's worth the pain every time."

I felt my heart warm at his words. I reached up and kissed him. It began slowly and gradually our lips moved together in synchronisation. Again, we were interrupted by something, but this time, it was a loud, booming voice I immediately recognised.

"The party's here!" they called out in a joking manner.

My body froze. I detangled myself from Colin and peered around his shoulder, at one of the boys who had me pinned down in the bathrooms yesterday. My mouth went dry and I felt my heart rate increase.

"That was one of them," I whispered, backing away. I began shaking my head, the images yesterday's incident fresh in my mind.

"Who hurt you?" Colin growled, all niceness dropping from him. His body tensed and his eyes darkened.

I nodded slowly, feeling pathetic. I hated to admit that seeing Colin come save the day would be nice. I didn't want to be the scared little girl that let a man do everything for her. But it was too soon. I couldn't face him.

"You're a dead man."

His voice wasn't loud, but it was strong. It was like everyone picked up on the tension straight away. The music died down and everyone turned, eager to see what was going on. The boy stopped, the drink still held up to his mouth. He genuinely looked confused as he stared at Colin. Realisation suddenly dawned on him, as he noticed me flanked behind me. (I say flanked but really, cowering like the pathetic person I am).

"Put down your drink," Colin said smoothly. His voice was so sharp it could cut through class. His back was tense and I could only imagine the fierce expression that was planted on his face. "And begin to pray, because you're going to be begging me to stop in a few seconds."

Anyone could see the boy was scared. Not so tough now, was he? He put the drink down, knowing he couldn't back away when he was on enemy grounds.

"Let's go." the boy said, lacking the confidence Colin's did.

Well, you could say it escalated quickly after that.

<><><><><><><>

✨✨✨ Don't forget to check out my other works, such as Coach's Number One, Chasing Casey, Bad Liar, Darker Than Sin and more! ✨✨✨

Instagram: laurenj_22
Snapchat: laurenj_22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 34 31
Hayley Parker's life was hypothetically going just smoothly. She had an amazing boyfriend, and housemates who always had her back. Well, not until Da...
211K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...
328K 38.2K 30
|COMPLETED| "Michael Langwood has Wattpad," I repeated and smirked at him, trying not to laugh. "I told you it's NOT my account," he grunted, "It's a...
16K 220 62
~crazy in love~ ''if you cover yourself how will people ever see you'' maddy lively is a troubled girl trying to make her way through life without...