Spirk Drabbles

By thecreaturenewt

You guessed it! Just some Spirk Drabbles. More

Foreign affairs
VIVA LA PLUTO
Sunshine
Drunk?
Aphids
Chocolate
Where no man has gone before
Snow!
Invisible
Host Family
Part 2
A dancer, huh?
Perfectly Logical
Oh Fuck
Cardasian sunrise
Oh no
Well shit
Christmas time
Blind
the colors of love
Foodgasm
Science Jerks
Sub
Stand by me
Mind Games (p1/2)
Mind Games (p2/?)
Order up
Yes, Officer
Inside Out
Laundry Day
Drunk? part2
Next Time
Home
Concert
After Party
Pampered
Double Date
It takes two to tango
Family
Fireside Sweetheart
Quidditch
Mob Wife
I need you so much closer
Fem Spirk
Baby boy
Summer Carnival
Meddling Mothers
Fanatical Fathers
Surreptitious Sisters
Khan
Nero
Pool

Magician

614 41 71
By thecreaturenewt

This goes along with my Headcannon! Vulcans are insanely impressed by magicians! Street magicians, professional magicians, even just little kids doing card tricks! I feel like they don't have that sort of simple and fun mysterious kind of entertainment on their planet and they'd just be so amazed by it. So here's the Magician!Spirk AU no one asked for!
-

"Mother, is it imperative that we spend our time in such an unproductive way?" Spock's monotonous voice filled Amanda's ears.

"Spock, it isn't useless." Amanda countered. "It's fun." She said joyfully. "If you don't want to think about it that way then think of it as a deeper study in human culture." She said with a gentle smile. "Don't you want to learn about your mother's culture, your culture?" She put her hand on his shoulder.

"Research into one's own identity is," He paused for a moment looking down at his mother's slowly fading smile. "Logical." He finished, watching as the smile reappeared lighting up her rosy cheeks.

"To be honest, I've never been to Riverside." She said walking down the street. "I don't think I've been to Iowa at all." She added with a grin. They continued their way towards the town hall, soon making their way inside. As Amanda spoke to the woman at the front desk, Spock stood back, avoiding any unnecessary communication.

"Hi there, how can I help you?" The woman's voice was soft and kind.

"Do you know if there are going to be any events going on in the town this week? My son and I are going to be staying here for a while." Amanda said with a smile.

"I have some wonderful news for you! This week the town is actually going to be filled family oriented activities! The summer carnival is going to be going on all week." The woman's happy go lucky attitude only enhanced as she spoke. "It's all free and payed for by sponsors so families of all shapes, sizes, and species can have fun!" She handed Amanda a flier from the stack she had behind the desk and began to describe some of the events.

Spock continued to ignore their conversation as he looked around, staring at all the newspaper articles that were framed on the walls. He walked around, skimming over each article, they were all about accomplishments made by residents of the town or the town itself.

"Thank you so much for all the help." Amanda said politely, walking back to Spock.

"No problem, y'all have a nice day now." She waved to them as they left.

The further they walked into the town, the more crowded the streets became, and the more difficult it became to agree on what they should do.

"Spock, would you want to go on the Ferris wheel? Oh would you like some cotton candy? What about the fun house? Look, they've got a petting zoo!" Amanda's excitement almost seemed contagious, except for the fact that Spock was as disinterested as a person could be. Amanda saw the grim look that plagued Spock's face and sighed. "How about we both go our separate ways and then meet back at the town hall in two hours." She suggested. Spock agreed to this and he and his mother walked in two opposing directions.

Spock was walking aimlessly around the far too crowded town square. He would stop every once in a while just to look around and try to find a purpose to all this nonsense. A booming voice pulled him out of his thoughts and made him stop mid-step to see what had caused such a commotion.

"Come one! Come all to see the mind bending tricks of the master of mirage, the king of transformation, the man of mystery and magic, the one the ONLY!-" the voice cut out as a huge plume of smoke exploded from the stage making passerby's stop and stare in awe. Spock watched in interest, joining the crown of onlookers.

A man emerged from the smoke as if he was part of it himself. He wore a black cape which revealed nothing other than his fitted black slacks and shoes. He grinned at the crowd that was now forming around the stage. He cleared his throat.

"I am The White Phoenix," He announced proudly. "but my mother calls me Jim." He added, to the audiences glee. "Today's performance will be more than just a slight of hand." As he said this he extended his arm, with a flourish of his cape. he revealed a black suit and black gloves. "but more of sensory deception." He smiled at the crowd. He spun in a circle, covering himself with his cape. He then tore it open to reveal an all white suit, with gloves and shoes to match.

He grinned widely as the crowd cheered. "Thank you, thank you." He bundled the cape up and threw it into the crowd, multiple children argued over who could have it. "But now I'm going to be needing a new cape." He spoke as if to himself. "A phoenix needs wings as a Magician needs their cape." He began to tap his chin as if in thought, but it was all for show of course. "No matter." he said gleefully.

He then began to cough. "I'm sorry." He gasped between coughs. "It seems, there's something in my throat." He coughed into his sleeve.

"I know CPR!" A woman shouted from the front. He swatted his hand at the air in acknowledgment.

He then turned to the audience and reached into his mouth, something white appeared only just passed his lips. Many gasps came from those in to the front, who were able to see there was something in his mouth. He then began to pull and it revealed a white handkerchief, It was attached to another blue handkerchief, then a red one, a yellow one, green, and purple! He continued to pull the chain of fabrics to the audiences awe until the was one last large white fabric at the end. He pulled out the last fabric and smiled at the audience, bowing. They all shouted and cheered as he untied the large white fabric to reveal his new, completely dry, cape. Spock stared up at the man in disbelief, clapping with the rest of the audience.

"Alright! For my next trick I am going to need a volunteer!" Dozens of hands shot up in the air as he said  this. "You know what, I'm going to make this a trick within a trick!" He said excitedly. "Oh, but for the first half of the trick the volunteer will need to be human." Many annoyed comments and crude remarks were shouted at him after he made this statement. "My apologies, but I must stress that the volunteer is human. Only for the purposes of the trick of course." He looked at the remaining human hands in the air and smiled. "Oh I really do hate having to choose only one human out of such a wonderful crowd." He sighed. "Uhhh... hooooow aboooout... Oh! You there in the blue sun dress!" He pointed to a woman in a blue sun dress and a head dress to match. The crowd parted as she walked up on stage, accepting his hand as her helped up the stage's steps so she was by his side. Once she was up there the entire crowd moved around, everyone switching spots to get a better look at what was going to happen.

"Alright so what we are going to do is communicate telepathically." He said to the crowd. "Remember that we are both only humans and should be unable to establish this sort of communication unless with a member of another species." He added.

"Madame, may I ask your name?" He asked, turning to face her.

"Rashida." She responded with a smile.

"Well, Ms. Rashida, it is a pleasure to meet you." He kissed her hand. There were some whistles and cheers from the crowd as Rashida covered her mouth with her free hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well." She smiled.

"Now I am going to pick someone from the audience." He said gesturing to the crowd in which she had just emerged. "As I do this you will have your back turned and you will be blindfolded, do you have any objections so far?" She shook her head in response. "Alright, after I have picked and audience member, I will remove the blindfold and turn you back to the crowd. You will then choose an audience member and if I do this correctly we will choose, the same person." He finished. "Are you ready." He asked turning to her once again.

"Yes, I am." She replied, looking out at the crowd one last time. He removed his hat, only to pull a full length wand out of it. He held said want out towards the crowd and then slapped it against his arm. Once it hit him it turned into a long thick ribbon which he tied around Rashida's eyes like a blind fold.

"Rashida, can you see anything?" He asked walking around her.

"I cannot." She replied. He then put his hands on her shoulders and guided her to turn her back to the crowd.

"Perfect." He said with a grin. He walked away from her at the front of the stage. "Oh, and Ms. Rashida, would you mind covering your ears as well?" He called back to her.

"I don't mind at all." She replied, covering her ears.

"Now, I am going to pick a member of the crowd who is not human." He said looking over the crowd. "Any non-human who would like to volunteer, please step to the front." He motioned for them to walk forward. the humans all stepped back along with those of other species who elected not to volunteer.

Spock was pushed forward with the crowd, he first tried to fight it, but he then counted the statistical possibility of being picked out of the 50 or so people in the crowd and decided to just let it happen. Then they made eye contact.

"How about you there, in the black sweater." Spock was taken aback by the statement. He pressed his hand to his chest in disbelief. "Yes, you." The Magician laughed. "Would you mind coming up on stage so everyone can see you?" Jim asked. Spock shook his head 'no' and made his way to the stairs. Spock walked up on stage and stood right next the 'White Phoenix'.

"Now if I can create a strong enough telepathic connection with Rashida over there, you will be my lovely assistant for my next act." He smiled widely. "Alright, now if you would all please mix yourselves up so Rashida will not see-" He paused for a moment. "I'm sorry, I didn't ask your name." He apologized.

"I am S'chn T'gai Spock." Spock replied.

"So Rashida will not see Mr. S'chn T'gai Spock." His pronunciation was less than impeccable, but the effort was definitely there. "If you wouldn't mind, finding your place in the crowd again." He motioned for Spock to use the stairs.

Once Spock was mixed in with the crowd again Jim walked over to Rashida and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped in surprise. He removed her blindfold and turned her to face the crowd once again.

"Now, Ms. Rashida, you must pick someone from the crowd. If all goes well, the same audience member I selected will be chosen once again." He said, looking out at the crowd, winking at Spock. "You may go down into the crowd or you may select from up here." He said patting Rashida's shoulder.

"Um..." She paused to think for a moment before walking to the front of the stage. She looked over the crowd and stopped twice, looking people until she made eye contact with someone. "You." She said firmly. She turned back to Kirk. "Was it them?" She asked hopefully. Kirk walked to front center stage to be by her side only to make eye contact with said audience member.

"If you are referring to the woman in the hat I am sorry to say, no." He sighed.

"Not her!" She countered. "The man with the pointed eyebrows, is it not him?" She asked pointing directly to Spock.

"It is indeed!" He shouted. "Would everyone give Ms. Rashida a round of applause?" He asked with bright smile. "And Mr. Spock would you please join us on stage?" He asked politely. "One more thing, Ms. Rashida." He snapped his fingers only the reveal a fully bloomed red rose. He handed it to her as she laughed in delight. "Could we have one more round of applause for the wonderful Ms. Rashida?" He asked the crowd one last time. Everyone applauded one last time as Rashida walked off stage with her rose.

"Now Mr. Spock, for this trick you will be my lovely assistant." Kirk smiled. He threw down a ball that exploded into smoke and a large box with a curtain in the front appeared in it's wake. The crowed 'oohed' & 'ahhed' as he repeated the process, making another box appear. "This trick will be less of transfiguration." As he said 'transfiguration' he pulled a red handkerchief from his pocket and took off his hat. He then placed the handkerchief into the hat and waved his hand above it before slapping the side. Then out came a red dove! "Whoops!" He shouted, seeing the color of the well known white bird. "Wrong color." He smiled bashfully. "As I was saying it will have less to do with transfiguration and more to do with-" he cut himself off, throwing an apple into one box only to have it come out of the other. "Transportation!" He shouted triumphantly.

"Mr. Spock," he looked over to where Spock stood in awe, though his face revealed nothing, leaving Kirk and the rest of the audience none the wiser. "This is where I am going to need your help." Kirk said walking over and placing a hand on Spock's shoulder. "But before we do, there seems to be something behind your ear." Kirk said furrowing his eyebrows. Spock self consciously covered his ears and felt around to make sure there was nothing there.

"I do not believe there is." Spock replied in confusion.

"May I?" Kirk gestured towards Spock's ear. Spock paused for a moment before nodding. Kirk reached behind his ears and pulled away to reveal a pair of handcuffs. "Mr. Spock!" Kirk shouted in feigned shock. "What on Earth were you doing with these?" Kirk asked in the same tone. The genuine shock on Spock's face was enough earn a few laughs from the crowd. "No matter." Kirk waved his hand dismissively. "We'll be needing them for this trick." He smiled. He then turned his back to Spock and held out the handcuffs. "Would you mind?" He asked over his shoulder. That earned a wolf whistle from the crowd and a couple shouts.

"Not at all." Spock replied, putting the cuffs on and tightening them.

"Be gentle." Kirk joked. "If you're gonna keep being rough with me at least take me out to dinner." He continued. That's received a couple laughs from the audience, but nothing from Spock. After receiving no reply he turned to face the crowd. "Now, as you all can see I am thoroughly..." he paused to try to break the cuffs open with just his arms. "Restrained." He began to walk towards the box. "I am going to get in this box and have you close the curtain, and once I do I am going to ask you and this lovely audience to count to five." He said holding his hand up to the crowd to signal five. "Once you count to five I'm going to ask you to check either box for me, and if everything goes correctly I should be uncuffed." He smiled. "Did you get all of that, Mr. Spock?" He asked, turning his attention back to Spock.

"Yes, I believe I did." Spock replied with a curt nod. Kirk nodded and stepped backwards into the box. He smiled at the crowd before the curtain was shut in his face. Spock looked out at the crowd and began to count. "One..." he held up his thumb. "Two..." he added his pointer finger. "Three..." followed by his middle finger. "Four..." along with his ring finger. And "Five..." joined by his pinky. He grabbed the curtain to the box that Kirk had just been put in to reveal nothing. The audience gasped in disbelief. He then closed the curtain and moved the the second box. He tore the curtain away from that one, only to be met with louder gasps from the audience, it was empty as well. He went back to the first box and removed the curtain only to have Kirk jump out, holding the undone handcuffs.

He bowed and put the handcuffs in his back pocket. "Could we have a round of applause for my lovely assistant, Mr. Spock please?" He asked with a wide smile. The cheers grew louder. He put his hand on Spock's shoulder and they both bowed. "Thank you so much, Mr. Spock." Kirk smiled. "I have something for you as well. He took the ribbon that he had used to blindfold Rashida out of his pocket. He straightened the ribbon out only to have it return to its original form, a wand. He twirled the wand around and tapped it on his hand only to release a full bouquet of flowers from the top. He handed the bouquet to Spock with a bright smile. Spock accepted them with a barely visible smile of his own. Spock then walked off the stage to rejoin the rest of the crowd.

"Alright, thank you all for coming out to see me in today's show!" Kirk smiled at the crowd. "I should be back here the same time tomorrow with a whole new set of tricks." He said excitedly. "Everyone enjoy the carnival, eat cotton candy, ride the rides, I hope you all have a wonderful time." He added. The crowd began to dissipate. "Goodbye! Thank you all for coming!" He called after the few stragglers. He smiled as he packed his things up, heading backstage. As he was putting everything away he was met by a light tugging on his pant leg. He looked down to find a little girl.

"Hi Mr. Phoenix!" The little girl shouted while waving her hand.

"Hi to you as well." Kirk said getting down on one knee. "What's your name?" He asked with a soft smile.

"I'm Eileen." She smiled. "I wanna do magic like you!" She said excitedly.

"That's wonderful, Eileen!" He said with a smile. "I've got just the thing!" He pulled out his wand and handed it to her.

"Can I really have your magic wand?!" She smiled.

"Of course." He said happily. "Eileen, who did you come here with?" Kirk asked realizing there wasn't an adult in sight.

"My mommy and daddy." She replied with a smile, swishing the wand back and forth.

"Do you know where your mommy and daddy are?" He asked softly. She shook her head 'no'. "Well, how about we go on an adventure and find them?" He asked with a smile. She shook her head 'yes' and smiled widely to reveal two missing teeth. He put the big magician's top hat on her head and threw the line of handkerchiefs around her neck like a scarf. He put her up on his shoulders and began to walk her around the telling her to point if she saw her parents.

It only took a few minutes for her to spot them. They were frantically talking to a police officer, most likely about her. When she came into view they ran to meet up with Jim. He placed her on the ground and she ran and jumped into her mother's arms.

"Thank you so much for finding our daughter." They thanked him.

"No problem." He smiled.

"No, thank you so much. We don't know what we would've done without you, thank you." They continued.

"It's really, no problem. Have a nice day." He wasn't as good in normal conversation as he was in stage performance. He headed back to the stage only to find Spock sitting there with the bouquet in his hands. "Hello there, Mr. Spock." He smiled. "It's a delight to see you again." He added. Spock hopped off the stage and then walked towards him.

"I came to return these." He held out the flowers, handing them to Kirk.

"Oh no, they're a gift you really don't have to return them." Kirk argued politely, handing them back.

"I cannot accept these." Spock replied, holding out the flowers once again.

"Keep them, I insist." Kirk would not take back the flowers.

"Thank you." Spock said softly.

"You don't need to thank me, they're a gift of my gratitude." Kirk insisted.

"Still I must thank you." Spock replied.

"Thank you as well." Kirk said with a nod. "I should get going." He said with a sigh, "but it was wonderful to meet you." He continued. "Maybe we'll see each other again." He smiled. Spock nodded, turning around.

He then began heading towards the town hall. He had already walked pretty far when he began to examine the flowers more closely. They were gorgeous no doubt but it looked like there was paper inside. Spock reached into the bouquet and realized he had observed correctly as he pulled a slip of paper out of the bouquet. Scrawled in black ink on the paper he read;

|It was a pleasure to meet you, beautiful. I hope our paths will cross again. ~Jim
P.S. In case you want our paths to cross sooner than later xxx-xxx-xxxx|

Spock smiled at the phone number and pocketed it hastily as he saw his mother approaching.

"I'm assuming you had and eventful time." She smiled, looking at the flowers.

"I did." He replied, holding the flowers close. "Mother, would it be logical for us to return here tomorrow?" He asked, not looking her directly in the eyes, instead looking at the beautiful bouquet.

"I'm not sure if it's logical, but I'd love to come back here tomorrow." His mother's smile was unbelievably bright.

'Tomorrow' he thought to himself. Or maybe even tonight. He blinked, putting his hand in his pocket. Tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 19.1K 198
[COMPLETED] The second book in my Star Trek Reader Inserts. All of these will be appropriate, maybe some jokes about some inappropriate things, but...
478K 12K 200
Imagines between the reader and various Star Trek characters. The characters I mainly write about are Chekov, Bones and Kirk but I can write about ot...
4.7K 124 14
The story of Spock's sister, and her time aboard the Enterprise.
41.8K 1.4K 19
This is a Star Trek FanFiction, mostly about the movie "Star Trek: Into Darkness" Enjoy!