HER | Chance Sutton

By okgibson

"Have you ever listened to a song and wondered if that's what falling in love feels like?" "I wonder the same... More

00:00
0:01
00:02
00:03
00:04
00:05
00:06
00:07
00:08
00:09
00:10
00:11
00:12
00:13
00:14
00:15
00:16
00:17
00:18
00:19
00:20
00:21
00:22
00:23
00:24
Not an update...????
00:25
00:26
00:27
00:28
00:29
00:30
00:31
00:32
00:33
00:34
00:35
00:36
00:37
00:38
00:39
00:40
00:42
00:43
00:44
00:45
00:46
00:47
00:48
00:49
00:50
00:51
00:52
00:53
00:55
author's note???
Another author update hehe
So I've been thinking

00:54

2.1K 41 14
By okgibson

Remember when I told yall about my ex and when we broke up? He's been dating my 'best friend' for a month or so and I just found out. Guess who's getting shitfaced this weekend lmao

Melissa

"It's been, what, probably five months since the last time we saw each other?" Rocky, a really close friend of mine, said once the waitress picked up our plates.

"Yeah, it's not my fault that your swimsuit line is amazing and you've been traveling the world to promote it", I said with a shrug and a smile.

"As if your new fitness line isn't great"

"Thanks, Rocky. I wished you came to the party on friday", I quietly said.

"Yeah, id my fight wasn't cancelled you know I wouldn't have missed it", he said pulling a 50 and a 10 out of his wallet and leaving it on the table before we stood up and walked out of the restaurant. "We'll have to find another way to celebrate"

"I'll take whatever you're offering", I said with a sad laugh.

"Be my model again", he blurted out after an awkward silent pause.

"What?" I asked stopping my tracks.

"Yeah, be my model again. I have an entire line about to launch, I need my trusty girl to model for the website", he said trying to convince me.

"I don't think I can, dude"

"Why not?", he exclaimed as we started walking again. "Don't you remember all the fun we had on our trips?"

"Well yeah, but it was way back when I was still with Jay, you were with Goico and the four of us used to travel together everywhere. Plus, it was always for months, I don't have the time right now", I said thinking of everything I probably has scheduled for the rest of the year.

"I'm still with Goico, you can bring that boy toy of yours", he said rolling back his eyes.

"I don't think he'll accept", I said starring at the ground.

"Why not? You too are like a power couple in my eyes, you make me sick too but whatever", he said with a laugh.

"I'll ask him", I said fully knowing he'd decline the offer.

"That's my girl", he said hugging me tightly.

The rest of the week went by in just a blink of an eye. Rocky, Goicoechea and I had already booked the plane tickets and the place where we'd stay. Some friends would be joining us and Chance ignored all my texts.

I spoke with my manager about the plan and he was totally fine with it with the condition of attending a couple of photoshoots while we're in Europe, thing I couldn't say no to since it was work and we were actually leaving for a couple months time.

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" Rocky asked as I helped him pack my things into his car.

"I'm sure, I don't know how long it'll take. That's why I'm going right now, so it doesn't make me lose the flight", I said closing the trunk.

"Okay, I'll see you in a couple hours at the airport. Just know that that guy doesn't deserve you, so good luck there", he said giving me a quick hug before leaving my place.

Grabbing all the stuff Chance had left at my house, I called an uber so I could go to the Team 10 house.

***

"Chance?" I asked walking into his and Tony's bedroom.

"Yeah?" He said from his chair as he played xbox.

"I came to bring some stuff you left at my place", I said with caution. I really didn't know what to say.

"Great, leave it on my bed", he said without pausing the game or looking at me.

"Okay", I placed the things where he told me too. "I wanted to say goodbye too" tears threatening to fall.

"Sure, bye", he said not caring a little bit about what I was really trying to say.

"I'm done, I'm leaving, Chance" i said referring to the trip I was starting tonight, which I didn't know yet when it was ending and this rollercoaster of a relationship-if you could still call it that when you spent the past month without having a decent conversation.

"Okay...? Bye Mel" he nonchalantly said.

"Okay... bye", I said before leaving his room, hoping he would understand how much pain and heartbreak I was feeling for the last month and in this exact moment. I hoped too that he realized all the things he had ruined and tried to convince me to stay. Sadly, this wasn't the case.

"How was it?" Tony asked regarding my breakup/goodbye with Chance as I walked downstairs.

"Well, I'm leaving aren't I?" I said with a sad laugh.

"Maybe it's a sign, you're meant to leave the country for a bit. Have a break, I don't know", he said trying to make things less awful than they already were.

"Maybe, it just hurts", I said playing with the hem of my tshirt.

"Well, try not to think about it and go have a great time", he said wrapping his arms around me. "I'll miss you a fucking lot"

I think Tessa, Jake, Nick, Ray, Alex, Nathan and Tristan heard us talking because a couple of seconds later they had joined us in a group hug.

"I'm going to miss you loads, my love", Tessa said with tears in her eyes.

"We're all gonna miss you, gorgeous", Jake said joining the hug.

"You're all acting as if I'm not coming back", I said as the hug broke.

My phone vibrated, a text message from my uber driver. She was waiting for me outside.

"Who's not coming back?" Chance asked from the stairs with a smile, as soon as he saw my teary eyes he frowned in confusion but still walked past and away from us.

It hurt as hell, but I still tried to put a smile on my face. I may looked like a crazy person, tears falling nonstop and a smile that probably looked like a pained face.

"I'm sorry", Tessa said realizing everything.

"It's not your fault. But well, I better get going. I have a long flight ahead and my uber is already outside", I said walking out of the house after last hugs.

"Uber for Melissa Ruiz?" Joanne, my uber driver, asked as soon as I jumped inside the car.

"Yes, hey", I timidly said. "To the airport please", I said not remembering if I put the correct destination when I ordered the Uber.

I started recalling on every time Chance said he didn't have time to hang out or to answer any of my texts and calls. But juat like my mom told me once, if someone doesn't have at least the time to send a short text or make a quick call, the person just doesn't care enough for you. It just made me think back trying to find the moment where everything fell apart.

This week I had made a lot of decisions, rushed ones apparently.

I just hoped every decision was the correct one.

_______

There's just one more chapter left and probably a second part????

Word count: 1215

SOTD: zoey 101's theme song

-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 473 42
Just a fan fiction of the Martinez twins! Hope you enjoy! ♥️
61K 766 50
Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who read this story and also commented and voted. I can't believe I got 18k reads on this I never thought that...
89.7K 2K 31
"What's your name again?" "Toes..." "Tony* its Tony short for Anthony. I swear it's not Toes. I promise." "Whatever you say Toes. It sticks."...
317K 6K 35
' 'She knows how to talk, but she doesn't anyway ' ' --- Stats --- #534 in fanfiction 9/23/17 #265 in fanfiction 9/26/17 #381 in Fanfiction 10/8/17 #...