The Story of the Other Origin...

By Katherine101

What if Tatia Petrova , the woman who started it all , had a sister ? A sister that matched her beauty . A s... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note

Chapter 1

116K 1.4K 273
By Katherine101

Intro -------

~ Past ~

" Anna ! Anna come on ! " Tatiana said impaitently .

" I'm coming Tatiana ! " I replied . I never used her full name unless given a choice .

Tatia huffed. I knew she hated it when I used her full name .

" Since when are we in a rush to pick flowers ? " I asked .

" Since I said so . " she said .

I giggled . I loved her . She was my best friend and every Sunday , we would walk through the village to the meadow and then return home the same way . And so we walked hand in hand down the dirt path toward our small village with a basket in our other hand. Tatia liked to pick the diasies while I preffered the roses. We went to that meadow when we needed to think or just when we got boerd . We'd been going there ever since we were children . Papa had run off and now we were left with our mother and 2 horses , a cow , 3 chickens , 1 rooster and our little bungalow on the outskirts of the woods . Momma was a seamstrice . She made all of our dresses and all of the dresses for the women in the village . Tatiana and I normally left the house and went to the meadow to escape the crowded bungalow that was always filled with women for thier fittings . We weren't poor , but we weren't wealthy . Middle class , I guess is the term . I sighed . Nothing interesting ever happens where we live . Nothing. Little did I know that everything was about to change . I would be choking on my own words . I was bending over picking up a red rose when I heard Tatia sigh.

" What is it , Tatia ? " I asked .

" Oh , I don't know . I'm just wondering if it's appropriete for two 16 year olds to be out picking flowers instead of making a meal or something . You know , Susette , down the road ? Well her mother makes her cook all day . " Tatia said .

" I suppose mother could use the help . " I said in a thougtful tone.

The truth was , we did everything we could to help our mother . Day in and day out , week by week , but there were just so many people.I'd always wondered how mamma could fit all of those women into our small little cottage . It was difficult without papa . Mamma had to work longer , Tatia and I had to work more and worst of all , I knew Tatia's heart was broken . She loved papa . They used to do everything together and then when he just ... left . Poor Tatia . I hated my father . He hated my mother and I and worshiped Tatia . I guess it's fair , because mamma preffered me and despite my father's negitivity towards my mother and I , we were one happy family . Slowly , we walked down the beaten path once more and walked through the door of our cottage and gasped . A woman with blonde hair and blue eyes sat at our table . She was very beautiful , but not nearly as pretty as mamma . Mamma's hair was the color of ebony and it ran over her shoulders in waves .

" Come in , girls . " Mamma said with a wave of her hand .

We walked in and shut the door .

" Mamma , what is this all about ? " I inquired.

" This is Ruth . She is is your father's sister and your aunt . I'm sadened to inform you of your father's death . I know this must be a shock . " she said mournfully .

With a deep inhaled breath , she continued .

" Ruth has come to take one of you traveling with her . She said it was your father's wish that his girls experience the world . " Mamma said .

Tatia and I both looked at eachother . I saw grief in her eyes and we pulled eachother close.
" Tati , I'm so sorry . " I whispered into her ear .

" So am I . " Was her respose .

Mamma looked up for the first time since we entered the room and all of the sudden we were in her small , petite arms .

" Be strong . My girls are strong . " she said , kissing our foreheads .

After a few moments of mouring , we got back to the matter at hand .

" Wow , both of you girls are beautiful . You're so similar , yet so different in personality AND in appearence. " she said , looking us over .

" Yes , they do look similar don't they ? " my mother asked .

Ruth nodded .

" But Anastasia's hair is much darker and she's paler in complexion. Not to mention the fact that her hair is straight . Not pin straight , but natural looking . Other then that , they could be twins . " Ruth said .

I looked at Tatia and saw a face almost mistakeble to my own .

" So , Ruth . Which one is it ? " mamma asked with a sigh .

" What do you mean ? You mean you're going to seperate us !?! " Tatia demanded , clining closer to me .

Even though I was a few months younger then Tatia , there were sometimes when I'd had to be strong for both of us ad I knew that this was one of those times .

" It's alright , Tati . " I said , soothingly , using her nickname .

" I'm sorry , girls . " Ruth said .

" It's alright . It's not like you two will never see eachother again . " mamma said .

Ruth sighed .

" Your things are packed Anastasia . " she said cheerfully .

Tatia's eyes started to water .

" It's alright , Tatiana . I'll see you soon . I promise . Help mamma and stay strong . Remember to pick roses and daisies every Sunday . " I told her as we hugged in a tight embrace .

" I love you , Anastasia , please be safe and come back soon . " she said.

I nodded .

" Same to you , Tatiana . I'll see you soon . " I said , pulling away to hug mamma .

Mamma threw her weak arms around me .

" I love you , Anya . " she said .

" I love you too , mamma . " I said .

Mamma kissed my cheek and Tatia kissed my forehead . I was about to follow Ruth out the door when I paused . I turned and tossed Tatia a rose and followed my aunt .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 8.1K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...
8.4K 120 8
(Klaroline story; Klaus x Caroline) After Caroline's mom died, she moved to New Orleans to be herself, since it was Elena who 'accidentally' drained...
189K 4.7K 34
Have you ever wonder what would happen if there was another doppelgänger? Would Elena still be the center of everyone's attention? What if Elena wasn...
337K 7.9K 19
"There was once another Mikaelson, and she was adored, bold, brave, too sarcastic for her own good, and, undoubtedly, the sibling to be most fond of...