Run Like a Rogue (Under Const...

Von HalfAwake

Alana is a rogue on the run. Or at least she would be if those annoying pack wolves didn't keep trying to tie... Mehr

Chapter Two: For the Love of Beef Jerky
Chapter Three: For the Love of Clarey
Chapter Four: For the Love of a Creep
Chapter Five: For the Love of the Fight
Chapter Six: For the Love of Pants
Chapter Seven: For the Love of Sleep
Chapter Eight: For the Love of Kicking Ass
Chapter Nine: For the Love of Food
Chapter Ten: For the Love of Edward
Chapter Eleven: For the Love of Little Rogues
Chapter Twelve: For the Love of Milk and Cinnamon
Chapter Thirteen: For the Love of Friend
Chapter Fourteen: For the Love of Jump Rope
Chapter Fifteen: For the Love of Kittens
Chapter Sixteen: For the love of Sweaty Hugs
Chapter Seventeen: For the Love of an Angel
Chapter Eighteen: For the Love of Zombie Guts
Chapter Nineteen: For the Love of a Jukebox
Chapter Twenty: For the Love of Ice Cream
Chapter Twenty-One: For the Love of Tears
Chapter Twenty Two: For the Love of a Suitcase
Chapter Twenty Three: For the Love of Steve
Chapter Twenty Four: For the Love of Little Villagers
Chapter Twenty Five: For the Love of Sandwiches
Chapter Twenty Six: For the Love of Knives
Chapter Twenty Seven: For the Love of Storms
Chapter Twenty Eight: For the Love of Adventure
Chapter Twenty Nine: For the Love of Crazy

Chapter One: For the Love of a Wallet

5.4K 72 2
Von HalfAwake

Alana's Pov

The club had been blasting music for a few hours before I made my move. Confident. Be confident, I chanted to myself. That wasn't working, so I started singing under my breath. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...The song made a huge smile come over my face. I walked up to the doorman and slipped him some bills. This better be worth it. What I had left in my wallet couldn't buy a stick of gum. He let me in, no ID necessary.

People jumped and grinded to the heavy pulse of an electronic song. I wondered what type of club this was. I saw everything from classy black dresses to cutoff denim shorts and barely-there T-shirts.

I looked across the bar and saw girls sitting with their backs arched and their legs crossed. When girls sit like that, it's an invitation, no matter how they act when a guy starts hitting on them. I copied them. Soon enough, a guy walked over and leaned on the bar next to me.

"You want to know something interesting?" he asked, "We're the only two wolves in the club tonight. You and me. Isn't that interesting?"

I tilted my head towards him and sniffed. It was true. He was a wolf. Shit. That's not what I wanted. I turned and faced a pair of mischievous brown eyes. It was obvious that he thought he was a stud, but as I looked him over the word that came to mind was cute. He had a boyish face, brown eyes and floppy brown hair. Something about his eyes made it seem like he was an easy laugher.

"Are you done checking me out yet," he asked, smirking.

"Yes," I replied.

"And..."

"And you're not half as hot as you think you are." At that he burst out in loud laughter. He pulled a bar stool close to me and sat down. I guess we'd be talking for a while then.

Hours later, the club was still full of people, but now most of them were drunk. I wasn't and neither was the guy sitting next to me. His name, I had learned, was Sam. Our drinks sat untouched as we continued to talk and laugh. This is someone I could be friends with if...things were different.

"So..." he said awkwardly, "Want to get out of here?"

"Yeah." I grabbed my purse and hopped off the bar stool. When we reached the door, he stopped and turned to me.

"Listen, you seem really great, so I'm just going to say this. I'm just looking for a one-night stand." I was surprised that he had told me. Most guys wouldn't have done that. And most girls would have walked away at that point.

"I know." I said bluntly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're too polite to be a rogue. You're a pack wolf and you're alone. You're mate hunting, aren't you?" He nodded. "And I'm not your mate. Well, she's a lucky girl. I hope you find her soon. Can we go now?"

He smiled and grabbed my hand. When we reached the parking lot I tried not to look at the ratty Camry in the third row. I hoped they were asleep. I really hoped they were asleep. Sam led me towards a sleek, silver sports car. It was Ferrari, of course. I was quiet, suddenly in a somber mood. We arrived in front of a large hotel that screamed money. I could never afford to stay at a place like this. Sam opened my door and helped me out of his car. He tossed the keys to a valet and stared at me for a moment.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

I laughed and nudged his shoulder. "Are you alright?" I said back at him.

"Oh I'm great!" he said leading me to his room as eager as a puppy.

His room was all white with gold lining. It had a minibar and a king-sized bed. Through one door, I could see a pristine bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. It was huge! Sam laughed at the look on my face and went to make me a drink. This was getting harder and harder. I shouldn't have learned his name. When he turned around and saw my gun pointed at him he set the drinks back on the bar. He walked towards me, slowly, like he was approaching a rabid animal.

"What do you want, sweetheart?" He called me sweetheart. My hands trembled.

"Don't move." My voice was too soft, too shaky. "I want your wallet and your watch." Suddenly, I spotted a safe in the corner. I turned away from it and held out my hand expectantly. He handed me his watch and wallet. I glanced up at his face to see a raised eyebrow.

"Aren't you going to tell me to empty my safe?" he asked. I glared at him and ran out of the room.

Sam's Pov

After she left, I sighed and walked over to the bar. I downed my drink.

"Jake," I spoke into my walkie talkie. A second later his voice crackled through the speaker.

"What's up man?"

"Did a girl just come running through the lobby?"

"Yeah."

"Go get her."

A few minutes later someone knocked on my door. It was Jake.

Before I could ask why he wasn't chasing the girl, he raised his arms and said, "The boys are following her. I saw her walking in with you. She's very beautiful. Is she your mate?"

"No" I answered.

Jake sighed, "What are you doing, Sam?"

"I think she's in trouble. I want to help her."

"Damien won't be happy," he said and I knew he was right.

"Damien's never happy. At least he won't be bored."

"I send you out to get a mate and you bring home a stray." Jake said in his best Damien impression. We both laughed.

"Sam. Jake. You guys there?" I heard Charlie ask through our walkie talkies.

"Yeah we're here." I said.

"Alright. We followed her. She's back at the club. She's walking towards a car."

"Don't let her get away. Catch her and bring her back here." There was silence for a few minutes.

"Dan's got her. But damn, you could have warned us about the gun." Jake looked up at me in surprise. I had forgotten about the gun.

"Charlie" I said, "Can you hotwire her car? Bring it back here too."

"Sure. Hold on a second," he replied, "Shit!"

"What?" I demanded.

Charlie was whispering now. "There are kids in here, three of them. Asleep."

I was speechless.

"Sam, what have you gotten us into?" Jake asked. I shook my head. I had no idea.

Alana's Pov

I struggled in the arms of a giant man. I could smell that he was a wolf too. He was probably one of Sam's guards. But really, chasing me down for a wallet? When he started carrying me towards a large, black van I decided that my night had gotten a little too exciting. I thrust the wallet and watch at him and prepared to bolt the moment he put me down. He let the wallet and watch fall to the ground. I have to admit I was scared at that point. He shoved me into the back of the van and tied bungee cords around my wrists and ankles. Before shutting the door and heading the the driver's seat. I tugged at my wrists uselessly and growled in frustration. I wouldn't let this happen! I repositioned myself so that my back was on the floor and my legs were flat against the back of the driver's seat. I pushed my hips up and hooked my legs, still tied at the ankles, over the driver's seat and around his neck. I pulled back as hard as I could.

No reaction. None whatsoever. Not even a cough. Damn.

"Stop that," the driver said, as if I was a kid who wouldn't stop poking him.

Suddenly, the car slid to a stop. The driver grabbed my ankles in one hand and pulled them over his head. Then he reached back, grabbed the tops of my arms and pulled me into the front seat. He patted my head condescendingly and carried me out of the car princess-style. He gave the keys to the valet and walked over to towards another wolf, the one that had attacked me in the parking lot. Before I knew it I was back where the trouble had all started, in Sam's room.

Sam took in my appearance, from my messed up hair to my glaring face. Then he turned to the men that had captured me. "Any trouble" he asked.

The driver smiled happily at me and said, "She's so cute. Are we keeping her, Sam?"

That is when, as they say, the shit hit the fan. "Keeping me? Keeping me! HELL NO, YOU'RE NOT KEEPING ME! You do realize this is kidnapping, right? I don't know if you've heard, but IT'S ILLEGAL! You're all going to jail. Don't drop the soap!" And with that brilliant speech I crossed my arms and resumed glaring.

Sam chuckled. "Thanks for the warning. Now if you don't mind I have a few questions. Why did you steal? Are you in trouble?"

The driver, who was still holding me by the way, nodded down at me encouraging me to answer. He had a kind face, but he was still my captor. I glared at him too. Sam continued to question me in a gentle, but persistent manner. Soon his words started to blur together. I hope they're okay. That was my last thought before I fell asleep in the enemy's arms.

Weiterlesen