Chapter Eleven: For the Love of Little Rogues

Alpha Russell’s Pov

I walked around the back of the house rolling my shoulders and cracking my neck. It was good to get out of the office sometimes. In the back yard, my warriors and Alpha Damien’s were training together. I saw the intense looks on my warriors’ faces. Had they been practicing all morning? It was clear that they felt challenged by these new wolves who fought like rogues.

Garrett jogged over to me.

“How’s it going,” I asked.

“It’s great! The whole dynamic has changed. It seems like they’re finally taking this threat seriously, especially after seeing how Alpha Damien’s warriors fight.”

“Yeah, I’m not sure I understand that. You say the Omega trained them.”

“She was a rogue,” Garrett replied. When I tensed up he was quick to add, “She’s a good person to have on our side, Alpha.”

I tried to look at it objectively, but my wolf’s growls were distracting. Suddenly I heard a childlike laugh coming from the front yard. I ran towards the sound and Garrett followed. That better not be what it sounds like.

“Alana, put me down.”

 Alana was spinning around with a little girl in her arms. The little girl’s dress billowed out and she giggled, looking for all the world like a normal little girl. But she wasn’t.

“What the hell is going on,” I said angrily.

Alana ignored my tone and smiled at me. “Hey, Alpha Russell. Have you met Lily? You know, the little girl you kept in your basement.” I bristled at the accusation in her voice.

“She’s a rogue. Did you expect me to let her run around with the other children?”

“I’m a rogue too.” Alana laughed bitterly and held up her hands. “Look, no chains.”

“It’s different and you’re not a rogue anymore.”

Her eyes hardened, “Are you sure about that?”

“I don’t have time for this! The girl is going back in the basement. I’ll interrogate her myself, since apparently your mate can’t handle it.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that Alpha Russell. She told me where the killers are.”

I grabbed her arm. “Where are they? We need to attack as soon as possible.”

I was wrenched away from her and thrown against the porch. Alpha Damien towered over me and growled furiously. I stood until I was toe to toe with him and growled back. They will not treat me this way on my territory.

“Don’t touch her.” I realized immediately that I had crossed a line and like a good Alpha, I backtracked.

“Forgive me Alpha Damien. And Alana I apologize.”

Alpha Damien eyes stayed angry, but he backed up and stopped growling.

“What’s going on,” he demanded.

“It appears that the girl told Alana where the rogues are,” Garrett supplied calmly.

Alpha Damien turned towards Alana. “Where are they?”

“I won’t tell you. I’m going to the rogues by myself.”

We all froze in shock. Alpha Damien was the first to recover.

“No.”

“I’ve already decided,” she said fiercely, “It was the deal Lily and I made before she told me.”

“You’re not doing this, Alana. You’re going to tell us where they are and we’re going to plan our attack.”

She just stared at us, not giving an inch. Alpha Damien became angrier and angrier. She crossed her arms. Suddenly, he switched tactics pleading with her and trying to make her see reason. Her eyes softened but she didn’t say anything. She had the same look on her face that Cindy got sometimes. I saw immediately that this arguement could be bad for the new mates.

“This decision doesn’t need to be made today.” Each word tasted like gravel in my mouth. “Let’s all think about this for a while. Who knows? Maybe the rogues will attack tonight and make the decision for us.”

Alpha Damien and Alana listened to me, but still held their defiant stances. Finally Alpha Damien spoke up.

“That’s probably the best thing to do. But before I let this go you have to tell me one thing, Alana. How did the little girl know who you are and that you are with us?”

Alana sighed. “She knows me, because she is one of the few survivors of my old pack. After my parents were killed, the remainder of the pack split up. Some were caught and forced to join the killer rogues. I was one of them. I managed to escape with my siblings, but we left other pack members behind.”

“And how did she know that you are with us,” Alpha Damien asked softly.

“I don’t know,” Alana replied.

We all faced the little girl. Lily ran to Alana and hugged her legs. Then she looked up at Alana with tears in her eyes. “They’re watching you, Alana. They have been since you left.”

A/N: That's it for now. I'll put another one on tonight. Thank you so much for the votes and comments and fanning!!!