Chapter Twenty Two: For the Love of a Suitcase

A/N: Hey everybody! Sorry I haven't uploaded in forever. I had *gulp* finals....but now I'm done. Whoohoo! And it's summer vacation so I can get back to uploading like crazy. So there it is. The next chapter. Right down there. Bye.

Alana’s Pov

I sat on my bed with my arms and legs crossed. Damien walked into my room, paused when he saw me and yanked my suitcase out of my closet.

“Is this the suitcase you usually use?”

“I hate that one,” I replied.

“Okay, where’s the suitcase that you don’t hate?”

“He’s currently in hiding. Larry the Suitcase refuses to come out of hiding until you have met his demands.”

Damien sighed and sat down next to me. “Alright Alana, what are the suitcase’s demands?”

“Larry doesn’t like traveling alone. In fact he hardly likes traveling at all. Larry refuses to travel unless Sally goes with him.”

Damien sighed again. Honestly, you think he’d be used to me by now. “And who is Sally?”

“You don’t know? Sally is your suitcase Damien.”

“So what you’re saying is, you won’t go to the council without me?”

I smiled. “I’m not saying anything. I speak on behalf of Larry the Suitcase.”

“Right. Of course. Listen Alana, I know that you don’t like the idea, but it’s the best I can do. You need to go to the council to get help and I need to stay here with the rest of the pack.”

I plugged my ears and started to sing. “Itty bitty little one…”

“Alana, listen…”

“I LOVE WATCHING YOU GROOOOOOW…

“I just think that…”

“ITTY BITTY LITTLE ONE…”

“Alana, can’t you take this seriously?”

Abruptly, I stopped singing. “I am taking this seriously, very seriously. In fact, I think it’s time that I exercised my rights as Omega.”

“What does that mean,” Damien asked.

I jumped up. “You see soon enough.” I ran out of my room.

Jake’s Pov

I was sitting at the kitchen table staring into a bottle of beer like it could tell the future. Suddenly Alana charged in and banged on the table.

“Forget the beer, Jakey. Tell everyone to meet in the living room right now.”

I shook my head. “I thought we already had a meeting. You were there, remember?”

“That was the Alpha’s meeting. This is the Omega’s meeting. Tell everyone to go to the living room. Don’t make me ask you again, Jake,” she growled.

“Geez, so cranky.”

She glared.

“Sorry,” I answered, smiling, “I’ll do as you say almighty Omega.”

So I did. Each time I told someone that we were meeting again, they looked confused. Then, when I told them that this was the Omega’s meeting they looked hopeful. If anyone could fix this, it was Alana. In five minutes we were back in the living room pacing anxiously and waiting for Alana. She walked in with Damien on her tail. When Damien saw everyone he shook his head and looked at Alana. She ignored him.

“Alright, everyone. Shut up and listen,” she said. She looked at each of us.

“Raise your hand if you actually fell for that ‘going to get help’ bullshit.” No one moved. “Good. Then I won’t have to waste time explaining.”

We all smiled when she used the same words Damien had used.

“I think that we can consider the last meeting as more proof that the pressure has gotten to Damien and he is suffering from severe brain damage.”

Damien growled. We laughed. The world was back to normal.

“So, if you are all done moping and drinking, I think it’s time that we got to work.”

“Jake and Kylie, you will be going to Alpha Brock’s territory. He’s a tough ass, but I know you two can handle it. Sam, Clarey and Sara will be going to Alpha Jonathan’s territory. Damien’s mom and thing one and two will be going to Alpha David’s territory.”

Who are thing one and two,” I asked. I was definitely confused.

Alana pointed at the two teenage boys who had come to Alpha Russell’s territory with us.

“I don’t know their names yet,” she said.

“Umm..okay. And why are you sending them away,” Dan asked.

“They are going to get help, just like Damien said. They’re going to convince the Alphas to send their warriors to help us. They’re going to each of the territories surrounding ours, except Alpha Russell’s. He’s already on his way here. No one is going to the council. If the other Alphas help us, we won’t need the stupid council’s warriors. And since, I’m not sending them all the way to the council, they might actually make it back in time. Unlike Damien, I’m not suicidal.”

Damien started to protest, but Alana spoke over him.

“Let’s take a vote. Do you want to use Damien’s plan or mine?”

She walked over to the window and faced us. “If you want to use my plan, come stand over here.”

No one hesitated. We all walked over to her. She nodded once.

“Good. Now go. We don’t have much time. Everyone else, meet in the backyard in thirty minutes. We need to plan our defense.”

She left and Damien went stomping after her. I walked over to Kylie.

“Looks like you’re stuck with me,” I said happily.

“Yeah, how much did you pay Alana to make that happen?”

I laughed. “I didn’t. She put us together for free. Wasn’t that nice?”

“Yeah, nice.”

“I don’t appreciate the sarcasm, young lady. Say it again with feeling.”

Kylie shook her head and walked out of the room. We were about to go outside, when Jacob stepped in front of the door and crossed his arms.

“I’m going with you,” he said calmly.

I crossed my arms as well. “I don’t think so, little stalker.”

“I’m going with you.”

"Say it as many times as you want. That won't make it true. Umm...Kylie...what are you doing?”

Kylie was making puppy dog eyes. She was really good at that. “Why can’t Jacob come,” she whined.

“Umm…on second thought, that’s a great idea. Even a tough guy like Alpha Brock can’t turn down a cute little kid like him. I’ll just go tell Alana that he’s coming with us.”

I turned away quickly and dragged a hand over my face. I’ve got it bad.