The Bad Boy's Journal

By HeyItsJovana

"Have we met before?" Those were the words that seemed to echo through the very depths of our souls. Elena Sm... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
THANK YOU ♡
COVER

Chapter 23

215 30 43
By HeyItsJovana

Elena's POV

"You've got really long fingers." I remark as I place my palm against Diego's. We're currently in his room beacuse well I don't intend on staying home with dad and Rebecca.

"That's not the only long thing I have." He smirks and I roll onto the opposite side of the bed. "Princessa," he whines. "I like having you close."

A smile tugs on my lips and two arms scoop my waist rolling me over and onto him. Onto.

"Uh Diego." I chuckle nervously and he places my head in the crook of his neck. I'm not finding this comfortable whatsoever, his rock hard abs aren't too comfy but the pure thought of them makes me melt. Has he got eight or ten? The other two are usually lower so I can't see.

"Relax princessa." He sighs and my curiosity reaches its peak. I roll over and avoid falling off his bed. Getting up to sit on his legs I loose balance and he grabs my shoulders.

"H-hey." I breathe out noticing our faces are mere millimeters away from each other. I focus on his lips, lush and kissable. His breath hitches and I smirk. I've got some sort of effect too! Let's see just how big this effect is, shall we?

I lean my forehead against his and stare into his hazel grey eyes, he gulps. I trail my fingers over the hard ridges of his abs until I reach the waistband of his shorts. Keeping our foreheads still intact I take careful notice of his reaction. Awh how cute he's a little panicky! Is bad boy not used to good girls who can act bad?

"Princess." He gulps.

"I thought it was princessa." I wink and move away just the slightest bit.

"Y-yeah t-that." He stutters and I laugh pulling up his shirt. I start counting, 2, 4, 6, 8... I look at Diego who's very much amused. He raises his eyebrows practically daring me to go further.

"Is there eight or ten?" I ask.

"I don't know perhaps you should discover that on your own princessa." He pulls that perfect wink of his that has my head in the gutter. He's so effortlessly attractive it's unreal.

"You're- never mind." I say and get up to go to the terrace.

"I'm so many things darling." He wraps his arms around me pulling me closer. My head is in the crook of his neck and I feel safe. A million other emotions but safe. Safe is what I feel when I'm with him, with nobody other than him. Why does he feel like home?

"Princessa what's wrong?" Diego asks from beside me and I take a deep breath of the cool night air.

"It's really hot outside." I remark whilst leaning on the railing.

"I don't think so," Diego furrows hie eyebrows and extends his hand to my forehead. "Are you alright?"

No, in fact what's happening why am I heating the hell up?

"Yeah I'm fine." I shoot him a small smile before leaning my whole body weight on the railing for support.

What the hell is happening?

It's him, he's doing this without even intending to.

He feels like home, he is home.

I trust him and not being with him is harder than anything I've felt in a while.

Why am I feeling like this? What's happening?

"Uhm I'll get you a glass of water, sit here." He says and reaches for a chair before leaving the room in a hurry.

I still don't understand why I'm reacting this way. I trust him and I care about him and I can't stand the thought of being away from him. He has power over me, he has the power to break me. After Zack cheated I promised myslef I was going to lay low and not give anybody the ability to knock me down again. Diego didn't, instead he built me back up.

He can break you down again faster than anybody. He won't.

You're warming up to him which makes it all the more easier for him to hurt you! He's not like that!

If you care too much you'll only end up being hurt. They all leave anyway. Maybe.

Love is just a joke, it ends betrayal, don't sign yourself up for a death contract. Don't do this to yourself again. They all leave Elena, they all betray you. You've been hurt so much already. Do you really want another hit?

"No, no I don't." I whisper faintly and lean my back on the wall.

"Oh princessa you're there, here take this." Diego passes me a glass of water and I look at him furrowing my eyebrows.

"Don't sign yourself up for a death contract."

"They all leave anyway."

I nod and take the glass splashing the water all over my face. I need to snap out of whatever he has put me in. I'm not letting anyone in. They all leave anyway. The more you care, the easier it is for them to betray you.

"Well you were kinda supposed to drink it." Diego chuckles and I nod drinking the two drops left.

"Happy?" I deadpan and storm into his room. What am I doing? I'm expressing my anger at him when I shouldn't be.

"Princessa I think you should get some rest." Diego gives me a small smile and my whole expression softens from an angry one to a sad one.

"I'm sorry." I sigh and he nods coming closer to hug me. My arms remain by my sides and there's no emotion in the hug. It must feel like he's hugging a corpse.

"Who hurt you?" He asks.

Everybody.

"What's wrong?" He continues and sits on the side of the bed.

I don't want to care and I need to stop caring before I get hurt.

He taps the seat next to him and I remain standing.

"What did I do princessa?" He asks monitoring my reaction carefully. "Why aren't you answering me?"

"You did nothing wrong." I say simply. That's the problem, you do everything right. I'm scared that I'll get attached and then you'll do wrong, just like everyone before you. They all leave, I'm not up for that. I'm not going on an emotional rollercoaster again.

He stands up and takes both my hands into his, staring deeply into my pacific blue eyes. He's trying to read me, trying to figure me out. I haven't done that myself so I doubt you will, Diego. I relish the warmth of his touch, the sun rays he brings into my life. He's always there and I don't know how I'll take it when he leaves, beacuse that's life right? They all go. I don't want to be hurt.

He cups my face in his hands and looks at me with a face etched with worry. I feel his thumb caressing my high cheekbones and my whole body erupts in tingles.

I can't do this, not again. I step backwards as imaginary walls shoot up from the ground going sky high. I can't let him in, I won't. I shouldn't be feeling like this. It's not inevitable, I can control it.

I can and I will control it, after all I can. No you can't. Yes, I can.

Sliding past him I go underneath the covers. I feel a dent to my right and I notice Diego has joined me too. He doesn't go in closer to give me a hug, instead he takes a book. A book, really? Bad boy reads? Oh who am I kidding 'bad boy' is such a sap, he has a journal! The journals that made me ask and find answers, the reason why we're close.

"Goodnight princessa sleep well." Diego sighs and pulls out a pair of glasses. Hold up? Glasses! He looks hella fine in those!

"Y-you t-too." I stutter and mentally curse myslef.

"Well at least you didn't walk into a pole like the other one." He chuckles and I mentally face palm. I did that once when we were texting.

"Sweet dreams." I murmur and snuggle deeper into the pillow.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Diego's POV

I watch her shift around looking for the perfect spot, praying that she falls asleep already. I can't take pretending to read this shit anymore. And these glasses? Well I found them on the bench in the park and put them on when a girl walked into a pole.

I figured I looked super sexy in those so I brought them home to wear in front of Elena. Maybe she likes them too? Who am I kidding she did that cute stutter of hers of course she likes them!

Turning around I see she's almost asleep, the words in front of me are a total blur and the book is well I can't even read it. It's all just an excuse to stay awake until she falls asleep so I can have her in my arms once again.

I'm selfish but I know I can never have her. I'm not good for her.

"Princessa?" I whisper gently and don't hear a reply, she's probably asleep. Just to make sure I make a monkey face right in front of her and there's no laughter, no angels singing but that's alright. She's my guardian angel, I need to have her close.

I move in closer to her and she rolls away. Sighing in defeat I go to the other side of the bed and face the ceiling.

Elena's POV

I roll away graving the fact that I just did that. I could've had him close but no I just need to stay away. How hard can it be? It's not like I care that much.

I flick open my eyes as he sighs. Maybe tonight is an exception. Maybe I'll stay with my drug for one more night before I start healing the addiction. One more night...

I roll over and place a hand on his chest while my other leg tangles with his. Taking a whiff of his scent a smile makes its way onto my face and my lips stretch against his neck.

"Sweet dreams princess." Diego kisses my forehead and I clutch onto him harder.

"It's princessa." I murmur and drift to sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Elena!" Someone shouts and I jump up straight.

"Oh fuck." I groan as the sunlight hits my eyes. I bring my hands to my head and shield my precious sapphire crystals.

"Yeah babe too hot I'm glowing!" Diego laughs hysterically and I shake my head. "This or that?" He points to one white shirt before shooting a thumbs up and then to the other shooting me a thumbs down.

"They're both white," I raise my eyebrows at him whilst folding my arms underneath my chest. "What's the difference?"

"Well as you can see, one is snow white and the other is Blanche Neige." He shoots me a cocky smile and I plant my head in my hands.

"Same shit Diego!" I groan.

"Aw princessa you shouldn't swear and clearly I'm not too good in Korean." He chuckles and my eyebrows raise to my hairline. Korean? Is he that stupid?

"You ruined my morning peace." I glare at him while sliding off the bed and walking up to him. I push a finger against his hard chest and continue, "You're going to make up for it by taking us to breakfast."

"I'd love to." He smiles a cheeky smile and I'm shell-shocked.

"And giving me a piggy back ride." I continue and he nods.

"And a massage." I sigh figuring it was a long shot.

"Fine by me although you need to do something too." He winks and I knew there was a catch.

"What's that?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"You need to carry a huge sign at the game today saying go Diego!" He smirks.

"Yeah go to hell." I mumble and he scoffs 'what'

"Go get me to that massage." I smile at him and walk towards the bed when he picks me up and throws us both on it. We both face plant the mattress and I groan.

"Now now be a good girl and no weird noises." He laughs and I go pale. "That sounded a little off," he chuckles. "Sorry."

Hey everyone
Hope you liked this one
Not too much action but it shows where they stand mentally
Thanks for reading
love you all
Xoxo
PS for all of you athletes out there, pick one of the following:
Soccer, football, volleyball, tennis, basketball or swimming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
64K 2K 48
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
34.8M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
31.6K 660 29
Scarlett Salvatore a sweet and shy girl but she can find her confidence when she and her cheer squad hit those fields to support their football team...