Kai's Promise

By trottinghorsess

SEQUEL TO : THE ESCAPED PRISONERS GIRL (makes sense if you didn't read the first book) - "Just cause I don't... More

Prologue
New Characters
Kai Dakota Archer.
Meeting
Partners
Fight
Good to Bad News
Trouble
Danger
The War Begins
The Return of the FireBreathing Lions
Beatings
Too Late
Mircale
Crazy
Return to School
Protector
Pretty Boy
Maximus.
Goodbye my friend.
Dragonfly
Friend?
Start of our Friendship
Watched
Different Feels
Boyfriend
Sorrys
Misson get you back
Biggest Fan
Brothers?
Oh Kidnapped Feelings
Three Empty Words
Feels Wrong
Wrong Crowd
New Addition?
Newly Couple
It's just the Beginning
Fire Alarm Escape
Behind Bars
Execution
Four Words.
Rescue
Home Sweet Home
Night to Remember
Stress is only starting
Suprise...?
First Appointment
Back and Protective than ever
Fighting for a Reason
Gender Reveal and Movement
Stress
Emma
Lies
Heartbreak
Ultrasound
Crash
Little Bear
Store
Infant
Birthday Surprise
Graduation Gender Reveal
Water Break
Welcome to the world.
Hurricane
New Problem
Shots
Diamond
Nightmare & Tattoos
New Friend
Birthday Kitten
Epilogue
🐲BONUS CHAPTER🐲
🎉SEQUEL🎉
🐲BONUS CHAPTER🐲
The Final Chapter

Catching Feelings

674 25 1
By trottinghorsess

Anna

I run into school to find Delilah as fast as I could to tell her everything that happened yesterday. I didn't mean to lay my head in Kai's shoulder, but hell with it, that boy is so muscular and huge. I'm not a hoe, but obviously I can't deny his good looks soooo.

"Deli!" I run up to her, out of breath. She looks at me like I'm crazy then laughs. I pull out my water bottle then drink some while I calm down. "Yesterday was soooo fun!! You need to hangout with us one day! We went to a playground down the road and had a monkey bar competition then Kai held me as we ran from Austin, oh and at the end of the day we blasted music on the way home! It's really fun Deli!" I say with so much excitement in my voice.

"Wait you're friends with them now? And you're hanging out with them now...?" she gives me a look of uneasiness and uncomfortable. I push my eyebrows together as my happiness drops to the ground. Isn't she happy Kai's getting more comfortable around me?

"Yea... I thought you knew that? Deli, Kai's really starting to open up to me, so is Austin. T-they're my friends, I love being with them..." I say in a low tone. She's my best friend why isn't she being supportive? I've always been supporting her throughout our friendship...

"I-I'm sorry Anna... I can't be around you if you're talking to those boys..." she says in a sad tone. My jaw slightly drops in sadness as she walks pass me. Did my own best friend just... leave me? This is just like when I told Kai I didn't wanna be around him... did he feel this betrayed? Probably not, he's Kai.

"Hey cutie" Kendall walks up to me with a chuckle. He looks at my expression before saying, "what's wrong?" his smile falls into a frown. I look up at him with sorrow in my eyes, which he sensed because he pulled me into a big hug.

I love this about Kendall, he just senses it and jumps to try to make you feel better. He's the good in the world that everyone needs, he really is an amazing guy and I'm so thankful to have him in my life...

"Are you busy after school?" he pulls out of the hug and looks at me. I go to say no, but then I remember Austin and Kai wanna hangout after school.

"Yea, I'm sorry" I run my fingers through my hair. I feel bad for not being able to hang out with him, but I can't ditch Kai like that. I've only known Kendall for a few days, but I'm really starting to like this guy... it sounds so crazy but hear me out, we talk sooo much and already know a whole bunch about each other, we just... clicked.

"It's fine Anna, don't be sorry" he smiles. Ok wow he's absolutely adorable. The bell rings so Kendall and I start walking towards class. I told him what Delilah told me, he was pretty mad about that so he kept ranting about how you don't leave your friends for something so stupid and all that shit.

We split up since we don't have this class together then I walk into class seeing Kai with a stressed face as I sit down next to him. Scanning his expressions, his eyebrows pull together and his mouth is slightly open in confusion.

"What's on your mind?" I chuckle at his frustration and he snaps out of his thoughts, looking up at me then pulls a paper up to my face.

"How the fuck do you do this?!" he slams the paper back on the desk and groans while he stressfully runs his fingers through his hair. I noticed that a lot about Kai, when he's stressed or mad, he'll pull at the ends on his hairs and run his fingers throughout his hair.

"Haha let me help you" I grab the paper from his desk and look at it. "Okay so" I start to explain everything to him, he oo's in realization and gives me a thumbs up before getting to work.

Class ended and as soon as I get out of the room, Kendall's waiting for me with a little smile once he sees me. I return the smile then we walk to class together talking about the random things we talk about. He starts to talk about his family, which I utterly love so much. The way he talks about his little brothers, like he would say how annoying they are then how he's their biggest fan on the baseball bases. He's so sweet talking about his mother and father as if he as a perfect family. His mom seems so sweet and dad seems so chill.

Skipping to the last period since nothing happened in the other classes, I'm sure something will happen in this class. Why? Because Kai's here. Kendall and I go sit down, until as soon as Kendall sits, his chair is pulled out from under him, making him fall to the ground. I look at Kai to see him 'working' but I can still hear a slight chuckle under his breath.

"Kai that was mean" I look over to see Ken standing back up, glaring at Kai, then sits down next to him. Damn he looks pissed... I told him Kai's like that, oh well he'll give use to it sooner or sooner, we all had to.

"Finally finished this paper" Kai says under his breath. I look at him to see his face so concentrated in his work, I never knew he was so engaged in his education... guess we learn something new everyday eh? I chuckle and hit his shoulder which makes him shoot up and look at me. "Huh?" he says like he missed something. Aww he's so adorable, especially his messy hair that he's been running his fingers through.

"Are we still hanging out after school?" I ask as I move a stand of his hair back up to its set, he flinches a bit when I put my hand up, but I understand. He looks at me for a few seconds with a blank expression, but I'm sure he has a million words running through his head, because that's how Kai is. I playfully wave my hand side to side and he shakes his head.

"Oh yea, we're going to the movies" he says then turns back to his work. Yikes so I guess that's a thing, don't distract Kai when he's focused on something.

Kai

it's now the last class of the day and I just wanna finish up this work as fast as I can. So I pull out a pencil and start getting to work, until I hear pretty boy about to sit down. I slyly move my foot to the leg of his chair and as soon as he goes to sit, I kick my foot back so he falls right on the ground. Keeping my eyes on my work, I slightly chuckle at the way he's groaning while he sits down.

"Kai that was mean" Dragonfly says. but I ignore it. I need to finish this work if I wanna box this weekend, so I block everyone out at that point. Being the concentrated person I am, I finished one paper up already.

"Finally finished that paper" I murmur under my breath then switch to another paper. I hear a little chuckle and a hit onto my shoulder, making me jolt up looking at Dragonfly. She has a little laughter face on that looks fucking adorable on her. "Huh?" I ask as if I wasn't listening to something she said.

"Are we still hanging out after school?" she pulls her hand up, making me immediately flinch thinking he was gonna hit me, but she moves a little stand of my hair back up to one of its sets. My heartbeats faster than ever. What the fuck is she doing to me? How come the tiniest thing she does, make my heart race? I'm snapped out of my thoughts when she waves her hand in my face with a laugh.

"Oh yea, we're going to the movies" I say then turn back around to my work. Four more pages to go... UGHH! How am I suppose to concentrate now? All I can think about is the way she moved that fucking strand of hair. Why, why do I feel like this? I don't know, but I utterly hate it.

I managed to get all my work done right before the bell. Everyone gets up and I walk over to Austin while I wait for Dragonfly to turn in her work. Pretty boy walks up to her... the way she's laughing, smiling with him... I feel nothing but hatred for this guy. Why? I don't know why I feel this. She's just talking to him and I wanna rip his head off for doing so...

"Ready!" she snaps me out of my thoughts. I didn't realize she was walking this way, I was getting to the good part about hating pretty boy. I sigh and look at Dragonfly to see a smile on her face... did he give her that damn smile? I wanna be the only to- what am I saying?

Whatever. We got in the car and I sped off. Why am I so angry? I tighten my grip on the steering wheel with a clenched jaw and speed off at a red light... a car comes out in front of me, thankfully I dodged it, but that car looked too familiar...

"Kai!" Dragonfly snaps me back in reality. I slow down and look at her through the rear mirror "that cars following us" she looks back at me with concern on her face. I look out the side mirror to see that the car is indeed following me. I finally recognize whose car it is and immediately panic.

"No no no" I make a sharp turn hoping he wouldn't catch up with me. But that plan didn't work, he knows me too well. He's still following me, right on my ass, making sure he doesn't loose me.

"Who is that?" Dragonfly asks nervously and starts to panic also, which she shouldn't, I mean she's in the car with two dangerous killing dudes. Austins eyes widen once he recognizes the car and looks at me.

"It's nothing to worry about Dragonfly... he wouldn't hurt us, ever.  Plus, you shouldn't even be scared if you're with us. Remember, I killed your asshole boyfriend right in your f-" that sounded too harsh, not that I care, but I don't want her to think I'm being an asshole "listen, just, you're fine, we're not in danger" I assure her and it seemed to calm her because she takes a deep breath.

"Kai we're not winning this, you need to pull over. We're gonna be in huge shit either way" Austin says. Damnit, he's right. I groan loudly and pull into this nearby gas station then park, slowly waiting for my death. He parks right next to me and gets out the car with a furious look.

"Who is that?" Dragonfly asks as she scoots over far away from the window he's coming to me at. Didn't I already tell her we're in danger and that she shouldn't be scared? Damn this girl drives me insane.

I huff and turn to her before saying "my uncle Aaron" I turn back slowly, once again, waiting for my death.

"Come out Kai!" he shouts. I'm use to being yelled at, but when I'm being yelled at by my family, it's rare. It sorta brings me down, dramatic as it sounds, but I hate being yelled at by my family.

"Want us to come with you?" Austin asks and I shake my head no.

"No, just stay in the car. I don't want you two getting in trouble for my stupid mistake" I clench my jaw and get out of the car to be greeted by an angry uncle. My heart starts being fast and I hold onto my thumb nervously.

"What were you thinking Kai?!" he begins to shout more at me. It's not that he's a bad uncle, no he's an amazing uncle. He just worries about my wellbeing and if I'm safe, he's more disappointed in me than mad.

I sigh and close my eyes then open them "I don't know okay... it was a stupid mistake and it won't happen a-" he cuts me off.

"Damn right it won't happen again! I'm sorry Kai, but I need to call your mom and dad up here" he pulls out his phone and turns around, already dialing numbers then he puts the phone up to his ear.

"No! Please uncle Aaron! They can't k-" I'm cut off by him sternly saying come at startles gas station now. Then he hangs up and turns back around to me. I punch the door to my car then roughly run my fingers through my hair.

"Kai!" he growls. I slam my body into my door and wait for my parents to come. I know in a lot of shit, it sounds stupid to get upset over this, but there's a huge reason as to why I'm getting in trouble.

2 minutes later, my dads car pulls up on the other side of my car and they both get out of the car confused as to why they're here. Aaron pulls them aside from me and start telling them everything. I can't hear anything, I'm just standing here with my heart beating of out of my chest and my fingers starting to hurt from me running them through my hair. I look up to them to see mom and dad looking at me as Aaron finishes off. They walk up to me with angry faces, but dad's the first one to walk up to me.

He raises his hand up, making me pull my head back since my car's behind me preventing me from stepping back. He realizes what he did and lowers his hand down a bit. "Please don't do that" i avoid eye contact and clench my jaw.

"What the fuck Kai! We told you to stop speeding awhile ago and here you are! You could've crashed into Aaron" he shouts and gives me a disappointed look. I hate when dads like this... i know what he's referring to, and i understand but i didn't mean it.

"You could've done worst Kai..." mom says in a sad tone. She's always been paranoid of me speeding due an incident with my grandparents aka her parents. They got in a car crash, killing them... she witnessed it.

"Mom you're not gonna loose me" i hug her tightly. I don't like that she thinks that's gonna happen to me, but i understand...

"And you had two passengers!" dads raises his voice and points at Austin and Dragonfly. "tell them to come out here" he growls at me then looks at the car. I huff and open my door to tell them to come out. They nervously stand side by side as they walk towards us.

"It's not their fault dad! I did it, they were just chilling" i try to save them from the lecture. Dragonfly scoots closer to me and holds my hand as she shakes. I hesitate at first but then hold her hand.

"I can't believe you right now" he puts his hands behind his neck and walks around as he stressfully thinks. "You're not driving until further notice" he looks at me.

"WHAT?! Dad it was an honest mis-" he cuts me off. No no no he can't take away my car! I fucking wish he would hear me out... well... yea there's really nothing to hear me out for, i went full on speeding even when i knew it was a red light.

"I DON'T CARE KAI!" he shouts and i flinch. He's pissed at me... mom and Aaron's disappointed in me, and now Austin and Dragonfly have to be involved in my family problems... it's not fair for them.

"Ok. Fine" i rudely throw my keys over to him. I turn to see mom walking back to dads car... damnit i'm such a fuck up... I was so mad over the fact pretty boy makes Dragonfly smile and laugh more than she does with Austin and I. I'm an asshole... i risked their life for my anger.

I drop Dragonflys hand and storm over to dads car since he's driving mine back to the house. Austin and Dragonfly follow behind me and sit in the back while i sit in the passenger seat. Damn it feels weird being an a car without driving.

"I'm sorry mom... but i promise you i'm not like that guy that... hurt my grandparents. I promise you" i put my head down in shame. She starts driving the speed limit. I mean dad speeds! But then again he goes on the backroads...

"I know you're not like that driver, i never said you were. It just disappoints me that you went behind our backs and did the things we told you not to do. I just don't want to loose you to something like that" she says in her i don't wanna be talked to voice.

I sigh and put my head back in the seat. Why am i so clueless and idiotic? I'm eighteen years old and still don't know anything about this side of the world i'm in, all i learned was the fucked up side. I feel a little hand on my shoulder and instantly knows it's Dragonfly. She moves her thumb in circles to calm me, which it does. I can't with this girl, i feel so... warm inside when she's around...

I see on the side mirror a black car following us, every turn and road we take, it's following... I stare at it the whole time we drive home. I let out a huge sigh of relief when we pull into our drive away and the car drives another way.

I don't like the feeling of that black car...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 1.9K 38
He's a psychotic killer. She's a nervous wreck. What could go wrong? ** Flynn William Archer. Archer. The worlds most feared word. Flynn is the world...
58.4K 1.3K 33
"W-who hurt you?" I softly ask the aggressive guy and he looks at me with a deadly stare. ** Brooklynn Aubrey Archer. Archer. The worlds most feared...
438K 9.7K 41
"Stay away from him!" "He's trouble!!" "Didn't you hear? He beat this one guy to his death!" "Once he sees you. You're his." ** Ava Esme Archer. Arc...
99.8K 2.4K 41
Aaliyah Hope Archer. The girl who gets along with everyone and the girl everyone loves. Aaliyah has the kindest, gentlest heart and soul that causes...