Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

41. Healing Wound

4.5K 218 48
By NeelamMenghani

Happy Forever Sunday!!

Apologies guys!

Thanks a lot for the support and love you are showering on Someone's Forever!

My warm wishes for my dear jangotra27, I wish you healthy and speedy recovery. Take care (Lady Sherlock) ours.

***

To make the difference in someone's life, you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful, or perfect. You just have to care.

— Mandy Hale

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Instinctive Step]

Gideon's POV

There are some wounds that heal with time but some leave a scar behind which remind of that wound, taunting you entire existence. Some accept it, some try to hide it, some ignore it.

I being the victim of grief can't choose any of it but all I could so was compromising my existence to live with that scar.

Standing beside the wide open balcony, I let the warm sun rays to bath me in their rays, to let them provide some warmth to my cold body. The soft breeze caressing the skin of bare arms and face as I stood wrapping my arms around my chest. The aroma of soil in breeze penetrated my nostrils, penetrating my thought process. The aroma of soil after the mild rains in night, reminded me of her.

I sighed heavily, taking in the aroma from the air. Royce chose to stay quite trying to found peace in her familiar scent but her mention and our peace how can they go together.

My mind still lost in the event of last night; first it was Raymond who tried to manipulate me with his words. Then the news of her disappearance created the havoc in me, restless I left immediately to find her giving Royce the control.

My heart was beating frantically trying to hear her pulse, desperate to fall in rhythm of her heart. It found relief when I felt her near me; her majestic scent was lingering in the air where the dominating aroma of woods couldn't overpower it.

Her sight was a relief in actual terms when she was sauntering in mid of road like a lost fawn.

There the anxiety ruling us broke in the form of anger and I dragged her back at the motel. The reason of her again breaking the law was eccentric but more eccentric was her defending Revin. She shielded Revin from me, then taking the whole responsibility over her.

It made me wonder the kindness and big heart that girl possess in her fragile frame.

It was very kind of her but at the same time very stupid act of saving people. Royce grumbled while controlling his anger, he is holding inside him from the last night. Since the time we found her, Royce is enraged at her imprudence. First, she refused to leave from the Pearl Room then her act of stupidity by taking a walk.

I still recall her pleading to stop Revin and change my decision to punish them. My anger melted at her kindness.

She had a big heart, a soul of Nurturer. She is perfect for their Luna.

She'll be the best Luna for our People. Royce agreed.

The best after 'Her'.

The thought escaped without my consent and I regretted the next instance.

Royce though, didn't made any comment and chose to stay shut.

My heart tugged at the thought, as past pierced my solace, the comfort I was searching in Miracle's thoughts, disrupted in the darkness of past.

I forced my thoughts back at our Miracle. Keeping my heartbeats normal, just like hers.

Her parting words reverberated in my mind, the pain her eyes proclaimed, the bitterness her tone masked it was something that made me anxious what was in her mind that made her behave like this.

She just flipped, from the one pleading for other, displaying the kindness of her soul, concerned and distressed for the people, she flipped anger and bitterness masking in words wanting nothing but to stay away.

I knew she was masking it all. But I was seeking the answers Why?

I didn't needed her words to know her, her heart beats were enough for us to reach her. The errant thumping of her heart are enough for us and those beats told us that there was something running in her eccentric brain that lead her to say those words.

She didn't wanted us to leave yet she forced us out. Royce stated the obvious; controlling his surfacing anger.

I heaved a sigh, my heart twisted as it felt rejected.

The ping of pain erupted in my heart, as her words resonated in my mind.

"Please leave. I want to stay alone. Please!"

The pain and agony those words graced me was more like her rejection.

Rejection to share her pain with us.

I closed my eyes momentarily enduring the pain as I felt Royce going through the same.

The period of pain interrupted when I heard Revin through the link.

'Majesty!' I heard Revin's voice through mind link. His voice held an evident amount of anxiety in it.

'Yes Revin.' I responded, a wave of perturbation rushed past me, thinking about Miracle.

'Nie—I mean Miss William is here. She seems fine and was pressurizing me to take her office. She wanted to resume her work—'

He rushed through the link and Royce growled. I took the matter in hand as I continued to question him.

'Did she mention about last night. Why she did that?' I asked though link, it angered me further to think Revin is close to her than anyone. Her way of defending him, her affection with Tiara, the love she showered on her when she sees them, tells about her closeness with his family.

It was a tough decision to send Revin near her, even making Royce agree with it but I had to do that. To know the reason of her imprudence or more precisely, the reason of her sudden change.

Royce growled in mind as his displeasure hinted in his growl. I couldn't say a word but I tried to focus on Revin.

'Yes Majesty. Actually there is something else you need to know.' His voice held urgency and I knew whatever it was, needs my attention.

'Niera tried to cross Astringency spell and as the outcome, She felt the restrainments around her. She is confused as well as distress.' He informed; Royce went on hyperactive mode. Worry encircled us for the safety of our mate.

'Is she hurt?'

'No, she is perfectly fine. Nothing happened but she is taking stress over this experience. The spell restricted her crossing the movements and now she is confused and—'

'How?' I growled. Anger residing in us surfaced with every passing moment.

That over imaginative mate of ours will now reach to Mars seeking her answers. Royce shook his head in annoyance but what doesn't made sense was, 'The door were ordered to be locked. Then how can she cross any door. What were you all doing when I commanded you to seal the door?!' I growled in vexation.

'I'm completely unaware about this matter. But it wasn't the front entrance but the backyard door.' There was infuriation in his tone so was distress, it made me angry and annoyed at him. 'But I'm just heading toward WereVipe to meet Alfred.' He concluded.

'But that's not I want to talk you about. It was the reason behind she went toward the old corridor and tried to cross the door. I have to tell you something.' Jerry's words dragged me to another valley of anxiety as I found Royce pacing around growling softly.

'I want you in conference hall now, Revin.' I commanded, the air around me felt thick as the wave of raw energy surged around me. I felt Royce fighting for control.

I want Miracle here in front of me now. He growled, fighting for command.

'Majesty!'

'Shoot!' Royce took command.

'Al—pha! As you commanded I suggested her to meet you. Her guilt is overpowering her. She must be coming to your floor to meet you. I—I—' he didn't needed to complete.

She'll be here soon. Royce stated the obvious. Meeting me will be the first thing she'll do reaching office.

I cleared the link commanding him to meet those good for nothing slackers and find some answers.

'Theo?'

'Yes Majesty!'

'Find Niera's location.' I commanded him.

'Yes Majesty.'

Too desperate to find answers, my eyes lost the interest in the wind and bright light of nature.

As our own bright rays of life is coming, taking her majestic scent with her. Royce mused and my lips tugged upward, I was amused at his choice of words.

I gave a last glance at the natural beauty of the surrounding before heading back toward my office.

The sight itself made me punch something in rage.

The anger of Royce has created a mess around. I gave ordered to Black to clean this as soon as possible.

As I stood in front of the Old Painting, I felt numb, the anger, rage, vexation, anxiety, all the emotions sometime ago ruling me melted inside me as continued to stare at the bright shades of the painting.

'Majesty, she is at your Floor.' Theo's firm tone penetrated my concentration as blinked my eyes from the view. Averting my eyes, I headed out of my cabin.

There the enchanting scent of Rains mixed with the wild fragrance of Orchids lingering in the atmosphere itself made clear.

She is here! Royce stated the obvious.

I took further steps, long strides toward the reception area but found it empty.

The air carried her scent was not only her but the dominance of Alicia. The two presences trying to dominate the surrounding with their pure aura. It refreshed the surroundings but also thickened the atmosphere.

Her presence is in the air, not only with her scent but her aura is getting strong. Royce stated and I could only nod.

I went further and her heart beat reached my ears.

Normal, faint and strong!

"Majesty" Black's formal tone reached my ears.

"Nie—Miss. William is here, she wanted to meet you. I—"

"Where is she?" I cut him off.

"She was here staring at the emblem—" he was saying nonchalantly; his eyes roaming around but his words struck when his gaze seized roaming at a point.

As the instincts kicks, I turned my gaze toward the direction.

Miracle was standing in front of the Mirror shield, her palm raised to touch the shield as her eyes transfixed on the reflection of A V in the mirror.

My breath stuck in my throat. Royce too panicked.

No Miracle!

"Shield is—" Black tried to say something but I blanked them as I had to move. Royce gave me control and moved in her direction.

In a friction of second, I was penetrating the wall of restriction, I knew what I'm doing but what was in front of me was far more important then what will be the consequences.

"Miracle!"

I reached the wall, feeling the change happening, Alicia's aura ruling the wall. It was difficult to stand, I was breaking the law yet only one thing was in front of me.

"Miracle!"

I reached her, in friction of seconds, I caught her hand which was about to touch the shield spun her before my other arm snaked around her waist holding her, I crossed the wall with her.

Only her surprised gape reached my ears before I heard her shrieking my name in Horror.

"Mr. Valentine!"

***

GIDEON'S POV

In the hours of horror, when peace embrace you, you fall for heaven. That moment brings nothing but solace that your perplexed mind seeks.

That's exactly how my mind found relief in peace when I felt Miracle's heavy breath fanning over my neck.

The moments tickled in blur as I took her in my arms, ducked her head to my chest before striding backward to reach out of Alicia's Shield and her Mirror Spell. The shield forcing the pressure which I tried to upon me by shield her within. The force shoved me out in force as I stumbled out.

"Mr. Valentine!" her petrified shriek reached my ears as I tightened my on her waist. I felt her going numb in my arms. Apparently as the outcome of her shock.

My eyes too imprecise to take her expression in check, but my heart searching her errant beats to rhythm mine with her.

As I crossed the surfacing spell shield, my gaze went to the emblem which was gleaming in its dominating aura, commanding the surrounds in its power and exquisite beauty.

We left the shadow of shield and I felt the burning, the pain my actions deserved as the consequences.

The emblem reflected the coldness just as the owner of this emblem grace me with.

Alicia!

"Wh—" her muffled squirming reached my ears breaking my defeated gaze from the Emblem.

"Wh—What was—" she tried to utter but her panic attack was getting best of her. Her breathing was errant uneven just like her pulse, as I tried to concentrate on her pouncing heart. Her heart beats were strong, loud and sharp yet the frantic beating made me more cautious about her state. I slowly rubbed her back in a soothing manner, to calm her eccentric shocking state.

"Mr.—" She breathed on my neck, the warm breath reached my collarbone as she rubbed her nose against it to make an attempt to move away.

Her squirming was prominent yet I wasn't sure to leave her.

Royce made no effort to intervene, I didn't heard from him, I was feeling the consequences was a proof that Royce wasn't in my reach.

Royce!

I breathed heavily, enduring the burn, Alicia decide to grace me with.

"Leave!" she muffled a whisper, her heart beats hiking as I pressed her on my chest, her arms desperate to make space between us reached my heart. Her palms pressed on my beating organ, seizing her freeing revolution.

Apparently, she was listening my beats as her heart attuned her pulses with mine.

I kept her caged as her presence was soothing pain surging inside me but this solace was short lived, Alicia's aura was thickening around me reminding me of my mistake.

Alicia!

When her heart beats went normal and her breathing turned regular and my heart started to ease up a little. I loosen my grip and she took an unwilling step back, stumbling on her foot. Her face was flushed breaths panted, like her breaths were attempted to snatch away from her. Her frame was looking like she suffered a turmoil that shaken her.

Her lips were ajar, still reliving in shock, she lifted her eyes from my chest to meet my eyes. Bewilderment mixed with anxiety, her eyes had nothing but brightness of life gleaming in them peeping at me.

Soon enough, her shock replaced the bewilderment and her eyes turned stormy, they held the warmth of sunrise molded in the storm of her anger, "Mr. Valentine?!" she initiated growling slowly.

I choose to stay quiet letting her flare up. The sharp smell of metal mixed in the air around, hit my nostrils causing me shut my breathing.

"What was that?" she squeals dangerously slow, raising her arm to gesture toward the direction of the Glass Mirror.

"What do you think yo—" she raised her voice as raising her hands in air for more stress but her words melted in her mouth as her sharp gaze flickered and went toward her arms which were wet, soaked in blood.

"Majesty!" Black's frantic alarmed voice sounded from behind, I felt him trailing behind us but my gaze was fixed at her.

Shock wrapped her iris as she went numb, desensitized as her eyes trailing behind the liquid dripping from her elbow. Her breathing was short almost forced while I felt her palpitating.

In the friction of moment, her gaze shot from her arms to my arms before I could take a step, the raw rush of energy whacked me with severe force. It took me moments to realize the electric touch I felt in my hands before a soft gasp escaped beside me.

Blinking twice, I tried to stand stable on my feet which were taking almost my entire strength but only one thought ruled my mind. Her soft gasp as she clutched my palm in her hands. Her soft pulse reached me as her beating hiked.

"Mr. Valentine!" she softly whispered and I tried to focus my gaze at her, regaining my demeanor.

Shock with bafflement was written all over her face as her continued to stare at my arm with horror and worry. I followed her gaze to see the damage the Royal Shield caused me as in return of my stepping in restricted zone.

My right arm was deeply wounded red burn marks spread all over, coated in blood as the crimson liquid was dripping out from the open wounds of burns over the skin. My heightened vision could see the busted muscles from inside through a closer look but her eyes unable to for which I was relieved.

I hissed in pain as the wave of pain crashed upon me.

"This—" she couldn't complete her words as her mouth sealed with the petrified view of my arm.

Though, I felt her gaze questing me seeking any response, my gaze was busy evaluating her, I was searching for any harm, the spell made to her fragile frame.

But no, just her panicked form standing motionless gawking at my arm in a stupefied stance. A sigh of relief escaped me before I turned my gaze at her shell-shocked face.

"This—what—how?" she was unable to form a sensible sentence as she tried to clutch my arm but afraid to hurt me further in her panicked moves as I felt the change in temperature around me.

"It's nothing, just relax." I answered; eyeing Black beside me. But his gaze too was transfixed my arm which was bleeding profusely as the burning wounds slitting open under the inflamed regions.

'Majesty' Black communicated through the link, his voice was alarmed and I didn't need the reason to ask why.

"Oh my god! you're bleeding and you're burn. OH god! How?" her shriek distracted me to communicate further as I closed the link, maintaining eye contact with her. Her big brown worried eyes seeking the sign of pain in me but how can I tell her, that these eyes are inherited to pain given to them by those who owned my heart.

The pain of burn didn't affect me as much as the realization kills me.

I chose not to answer as the pain wavering around the wounded arm, her hands embracing mine cradling between her palms. I savored the electric shots it created between us. The spark of tingles I felt soothed my skin as a pain reliever.

Her breaths fanning over my wounds as she blew her warm breaths all around.

I sure felt the difference in the atmosphere around me; I distinctively felt a decrease in the temperature even after bearing the gradual increasing burn inside my body.

I was certainly aware of this sudden change which was quite evident on Miracle's bare skin, goose bumps raised on her skin as I cast-ed a glare at Black who sat more like gawking at the wounded hand of mine in sheer shock.

'Black'

'Majesty' Black forced the answer through the link.

'Control this.' I seethed at him.

'Wh—sorry what?' he was utterly flabbergasted and I knew only that was the reason he wasn't aware he was framing his powers in his actions.

'The atmosphere.' I glared at him; stealing gazes at Miracle who was lost in my wounds.

'Aren't you need it. You must be burning from inside.' He stated unsure yet his eyes held concern in them. Though, his words were true I couldn't let her freeze in this gradually increasing temperature.

'Morgan' I refrain the urge to growl, annoyed but I didn't needed to be told twice as he nodded.

"Stand still." She redirected my attention back on her when she clutched my upper arm in her firm grip. The coldness of her limps transferred in me, but stranger it only spread warmth inside me.

I gave a brief glance at her face which was glowing in fury mixed with worry.

"How did you get these?" she asked incredulously, flaring her brows.

I chose to retain my energy but I knew I can't elude her.

She turned her gaze at Black who was watching us intently. "Mr. Black. Get me a first aid box and ice pack. Quick." Her orders were clear and terse and her voice unwavering.

Her heartbeats were reverberating around, crystal clear to us which gave away the glimpse of her anxious self but she didn't let her nervousness rule her.

My lips curved upward but I concealed my smile before she could catch it.

Black took a moment to come out of his trance before nodding at her as his gaze drifted between us.

"Y—yes sure. I—I'll be back." He nodded vigorously as he stuttered before taking steady control over his chair and strutting away.

"Hurry!" she called behind him.

"How are you even here?" she asked incredulously.

"It's my office Miss. William." I responded which earned me a stern glare from her.

"That's not what I meant. I—I leave it." she blushed shaking her head before her trembling hand left my wounded one and she desperately searched something in her trousers.

Her arms were shaking as sweat coated her palms.

"What are you doing?" I asked taking her fragile form in consideration. I was tempted to take her in my arms and calm her. I knew we have the same effect on each other. She is my calming breeze and she sees me as her supporting strength.

But I knew it wasn't the time nor was the place. I comprehended as my gaze casted over the golden emblem beside us.

"Calling Dr. Baron." She stated; busying herself dialing his number.

"There isn't any need Miss—"

"Will you hold your tongue?" she seethed and I was taken aback.

Feisty Fairy!

I sighed with the idea of my Miracle's stubborn self.

I heard the connecting tune and in second ring, the call was answered and Miracle communicated the condition of my wound to Dexter who, from what I could hear in his breathing from the other side was equally baffled at her words.

I felt exhausted at the moment as the waves of energy were making it hard for me to breath in her aura and other reason it held was her presence in Alicia's aura.

As she continued to babble on the call, I felt Black's presence beside me; I looked over my shoulder and found him with his grim face plastered on his face as he was carrying the medical stuff Miracle ordered him to bring.

Majesty! Black called through link, his voice held a glint of concern.

'Are you all right?'

'Yes, I'm.' I answered curtly.

'Is she—' he tried to question but I cut him off.

'She is fine. I shielded her.' I provided.

'Then—Majesty you need—'

Where is Gerard?' I asked cutting him off. My gaze monitoring her once in a while as she continued to ramble on the call frantically.

'In the Vault.' He stated and my gaze cut his. He merely nodded in confirmation.

'Guardian Raymond and Sir Gerard, both are inside and the Mirror Shield is—'

'Unguarded in spell.' I completed for him.

Black merely nodded in grimace.

My mind locked itself contemplation over the thought.

The shield was open and more vulnerable. That's means if Miracle would have touched it. It would have framed her inside.

The realization took away my moments of peace as I felt rage filling me to even comprehend about the consequences.

'Sir Gerard came to meet you but you had wished to be left alone. I apologize Majesty—' I blanked his apologies as I considered the consequences of her staying her longer.

She can't stand here, I can't take risk it.

"I think I'll manage. You can leave it." I stated taking my arm off her caressing hand as she concluded the call.

She stood still for a while in a trance of stupefaction before her iris slit in infuriation.

"No! I won't until you take proper treatment." She returned a sharp response with her flint gaze, her caressing palms not leaving my hand.

I matched her flint gaze with mine and found a bright shade of flush crawling on her neck but she didn't step backed but continued to stare back at me with her blazing gaze.

Let her King. She is already suffered our harshness. Not anymore.

It was Royce. I was taken aback by his request but then I was more than happy to comply.

Royce!

Are you all right King? He questioned.

It was a question I must ask him after bearing Spell's consequences.

Yes! Are you?

Yes, I'm.

I was relieved and satisfied to hear him again. The next thing, I felt was a new adrenaline rushed in my chest, providing the much needed energy and strength my body was losing. Royce provided me strength to stand and function with his arrival.

A clearing of throat interrupted us as Black made his presence noticed to Miracle.

"Nie—Miss William—" He didn't got the chance to complete his sentence as Miracle hurriedly snatched the aid kit and ice box from him before taking my arm and settling it on the ice box.

A hiss escaped me when my skin made contact with the hard layer of ice but her hand caged my palm under hers' in the icy layer of ice.

"Keep it here." She ordered me through her gritting jaws.

My eyes found amusement while I noticed Black's eyes were astonished before amazement replaced them.

I felt Royce's amusement as he held his laughter.

"Hale high our Queen." He muttered in his mouth which went unnoticed by Miracle as she was busy entrapping my arm in the ice but my eyes shot him a glare. He gulped before turning and concealing his troubled amused gaze.

Hale high our Miracle. Royce mused at her etiquette.

"Thanks Mr. Black. Dr. Baron will be here. Please send him in his Cabin." She called midst tossing my arm in air.

"Sure Nier—Miss William." He nodded, holding his words in mouth.

"I'm fine Miss. William."

"You better stay shut Mr. Valentine." He graced me with her hardest glare shutting me off completely.

Take her to our Room. Can't afford her witnessing people coming out of mirror. Her adventurous mind will cook theories. Royce suggested hissing in pain as another wave of energy crashed over me and he took the blow.

"Let's get inside." I offered my gaze reaching her brown eyes then lingering at the glass wall.

Not getting any reply from her, I shifted my gaze back at her while listening to heart beats which were errant from the moment she saw me in pain.

Her eyes were transfixed on my arm; her soft lips blowing warm air to my wound while she cradled my arm in her soft palms, patting it dry. My words went unheard to her as her concentration was captured by my burn wound and the soft towel.

King! Take her inside. Royce's voice resonated in my mind and I grimaced.

"Miss William." I called again and she nodded absentmindedly, her focus was my wound. I smiled as I felt an emotion of warmth in my cold heart. She graced me with a sense of warmth which was almost foreign for me from a very long time. A feeling which I always craved yet I was deprived of.

Sighing heavily, I knew I had to take her inside.

Suddenly, I found my arm on her elbow; I jerked her closer to me, taking her off guard. A soft gasp of surprise escaped her luscious lips before her astound eyes met mine.

Bewilderment took her sense as I knew what my eyes were doing to her.

The change in my iris.

Taking advantage of her perplexed trance, I took her to the cabin closing the door as I commanded Black to inform me about Gerard.

Once we were inside her trance broke and the realization of surrounding crashed upon her, she vigorously looked around, taking in the details of my cabin with her meander gaze gleamed in curiosity.

But her gaze halted at the wall size aquarium, lingering at the beauty as her mouth went ajar in complete amazement and her eyes sparked in delight as her gaze followed the flipping movements of those colorful creatures.

Her delight and mirth was visible through her big orbs sparkling before her gaze snapped back at me, then on the wound. For once I thought she'll continue with her glaring demeanor but her gaze went to the opposite wall where the Old painting was adorning on the wall.

Her gaze went to the painting; they held questions, curiosity and a glint of astonishment in them, which made me wonder. Why?

Shaking her head the next moment, she averted her eyes back at my wound before tugging my other arm and leading me toward the sofa arrangement.

She took the seat beside as our knees were close brushing occasionally and I felt her breathing stopped at the touch for which she blink every time.

She continued her task as she carefully applied the anti inflammatory cream over my wound.

I studied her as she continued to treat my wound, especially her neck. The wound is almost healed leaving the fragments of red scars on her soft fragile skin revealing through her exposed neck.

But how could it be?

It was pretty serious when I saw it two nights back. Royce didn't heal it then how it is healed almost.

The thought of someone else treating her enraged me but then the flashes of possibilities raked in my mind.

Her wound can't be treated within a day then how?

My mind constructed the wall of possibilities but created nothing so I just demolished the wall as to find the core of matter soon.

"How?!" her sharp strict voice reached my ears, shrilling yet soothing.

I raised my gaze at her quizzical.

"Don't try to act innocent Mr. Valentine." She shot back, her bright face turning crimson as her temper taking the best of her.

"How did you get these wounds?" her voice was edges like pained.

"Nothing serious, just a small accident." I provided nonchalantly.

"How?" she persisted; annoyance leaked through her features.

Her eyes displayed the desperation to find out the reason of these wounds.

"Coffee machine busted.' I shrugged.

King, it was very lame.

Then suggest something better.

She gave me an unbelievable look which was quite annoying on her part but my heart swell witnessing her care.

"Don't you have people to do the errands? Besides, how a coffee Machine can harm this much?" she asked incredulously.

Told you, now answer.

Royce!

I groaned as he refused to help me out from our Miraculous Mate's investigatory round.

Taking a deep breath, I concocted a reasonable answer for her, "I like to do my work Miss. William and besides, I know my taste and no one can create it for me." I said looking at her cheeks which were gaining their glowing tint with my words.

Her pulse went errant, like our words disturbing the rhythm of her pulse. It's deep to feel but our words had an effect on her.

"Other reason, staff isn't allowed to visit her."

"Why?" she asked, curiosity was thick in her voice.

Wish, I could tell you.

"Because I decide so."

'Of course!' she muttered under her mouth before applying the anti inflammatory ointment in the fingers.

"May I know the reason of your visit Miss. William?" I asked as she concentrated on her task.

"No." she denied straight away.

But her words adding, "Let me concentrate on this." her tone was flint almost emotionless while didn't felt well with me.

"Don't you feel pain?" She whispered; her voice held pain which shook me. Her gaze rose meeting mine as I saw the flashes of pain in them.

"It's just a small wound Niera." I assured her taking her name intentionally. Her heart skipped the beat satisfying me. I wanted to divert her mind but our Miracle can't be distracted easily.

"But still it is. It must be painful." She whispered back seeking a kind of reassurance through her eyes which I didn't failed to notice.

"No, I can bear this much pain. It's nothing compared—"

"To what life throws at us." she completed for me smiling weakly or apparently, for herself. I frowned at her statement but she averted her gaze back to my arm, shifting my sleeve to access the wound.

What is it with you Miracle?

Why this smiling face has the glimpse of pain buried inside?

Why can't you share your pain?

I'll stand with you when you'll break down. I'll hold you. I promise.

My heart whispered. However, I felt her pain somewhat like mine. Like we share a similar pain.

Her warmth brings peace in me but this Miracle seems afar from her real self.

Once her work completed she blew my wounds before placing the hand on the table.

"Don't wipe it. It'll make you feel better. And reapply after sometime and don't put stress over the wounds. Dr. Baron must be coming." She instructed keeping her gaze on my healing arm.

She then glanced at her hands which needed to be washed as her eyes shifted on the table.

"There" I gestured toward the door of in suite washroom.

She nodded before getting up and cleaning her arms.

I took a deep breath, enduring the pain as well as my healing system that was trying to heal my wounds.

We need to keep her here until they rebound the shield. I can't trust her here with Alicia's spell. He stated; resignation was thick in his voice. One it was Miracle's safety and then Alicia's aura on the Vault.

I knew his worry was genuine and after experiencing what and where Miracle can jump into I didn't need to be explained twice.

But real question was how?

The commotion of door sounded around, Miracle was out, her scent was ruling but she didn't came into view.

I turned to search her and found her staring at the old painting hanging on the wall. Her gaze was hard, keen on the painting like inspecting it under her experienced gaze "This painting—is extraordinary." She whispered more to herself than anyone before she closed her eyes in pain.

'Damn!'

Why is she glaring at the painting? The longer she'll try to stare the heavier her head feel.

She isn't aware of this Royce.

"One of a kind." I responded glancing at the Old Painting.

She nodded at my words but I was sure she didn't listened as her eyes were roaming at the details of the painting despite the fact, the painting would not let her gaze over it for long.

"Miss William." I called her before she could feel dizzy through her inspecting act.

She jerked a little, startled before retrieving her seat in front of me.

"So, now may I know the reason of your sudden visit?" I asked as she settled herself. Her gaze was still lingering over the direction of painting.

"Yes you can." She stated filling a glass of water placed on the table.

"But before that, may I ask what was that stunt of dragging me like a cav—ema—an." She stuttered, I knew she was mentioning my act of dragging her out of the shield surface.

"No." I refused to answer straight away.

I knew her curiosity will get the best of her but I wasn't ready to give in.

She groaned before taking a deep breath. "I came to offer my gratitude." She sighed dejected.

I felt Royce shaking his head in vexation.

"For?"

"Last night." Her response was quiet. Her eyes found interest in the first aid kit resting on the center table while she continued to speak.

"Thank you and— sorry. I—I last night was a little tough for me. So much was there to take and I just wanted to breathe." She uttered and from her voice I knew she was trying to conceal her emotions feigning firmness. Her eyes not meeting mine and a little suspicion in me confirmed at her etiquette.

Still she isn't disclosing the reason of her behavior. Royce growled softly, disappointed with her answer.

I would lie if I disagree with him.

"Is that all?" I asked as I peruse her demeanor.

"No" this time her words were more precise and firm. I raised my brow in query.

"There is something, I need to discuss with you about this whole arrangement. I expect your time and patience while you heard me, this time." She stated; as her eyes rose to meet me. They held their fire which instead of burning me, it was providing me warmth.

"Please proceed." I gestured her to continue as I let my back rest a little on the rest while her frame gain focused and a new adrenaline rushed in her system as her stiff back straightened with confidence.

With a new wave of confidence coursing through her she joined the tip of her fingers as her raw gaze met mine in sheer concentration.

"It is about the deal and its proceedings. I need—I want to make certain changes there." She initiated. I praise her confidence, her tongue was firm and confidence was radiating from her tone.

She knows what she is saying and she is confident on what she is about to propose. Royce praised her professional command. It was one thing I noticed and evaluated in her. Her command in her work. Even in the situation of fall, she kept her focus on her work, not wavering from her task.

Defines the reason of her being on the prestigious post of senior advisory at such an early age.

"And that will be?" I asked further.

"I want to initiate my search from Mr. Banerjee's wing. Since his wing is one of the most wide branch. I think it would be wise if we—I start from there." She placed her proposal and I sat quiet studying her.

She explained me as I listened and I must say our mate is shrewd at her work. Sharpness was what I experienced in her explanation. She knows her job.

Impressive!

You know the reason.

Quite clearly.

Then answer her.

***

GERARD'S POV

The past have a strong command on present, the shadows of past somehow determining the presence of present. Here this vault is an alive example of this. The past is so strong; it won't let the present to shine without lurking around with deep roots...

The thought crossed my mind as my steps ascended to the Mirror Hall, through the passage.

Each time I step here, the haunting past lurking in my heart making my drain myself in the worry of my Majesty.

Last time, I was alone, reliving in grief was easy but now, with Raymond, the right to showcase my pain is snatched away from me.

"The exquisite beauty hasn't affected with the storm of time." Raymond's firm voice dragged me out from my thoughts. I turned my gaze to meet his musing figure staring at the wall. His gaze marveling the painting hanging on the gleaming golden walls of the wide passage.

"Not even a bit." He mused deep in thoughts.

I took a moment to consider his words, there was no doubt; the beauty of this place was untouched with the change of time.

Years passed, left the marks of scars but this place made sure to brighten the pain of past!

I needed to breathe to answer as I wandered my gaze around, "No it hasn't. But that's what this Vault was all about. To keep the change of time away from causing any harm to what's kept inside."

"What you exactly mean to say is buried inside." He corrected me and I could only afford to pass him a displeased look which made no effect on Raymond as he continued to stare over the golden frame, marveling the beauty resides in those glass shields.

"It isn't buried Raymond." I pointed out.

"Hidden from the beginning of change." He tasted the words before continuing,

"I find it pretty hard to accept the fact that Majesty actually decided to keep the treasure of Ancient rather than throwing it away in a deep pit of spell. Why keep the reminisce of past close that burns your eyes when all you can do is change It." he questioned taking a step further.

His gaze lost interest in the frame the next instance as he delivered his speech.

I felt our surging powers are crashing with the walls nearby. I let the atmosphere ruled in silence before breaking the ice.

"It's pretty hard to understand him Raymond. He never gives explanations to his actions. Not to anyone. Besides, you want the fortress to be abandoned where the Royal treasure is guarded from such a long period?" I rather threw a question at him.

"Pardon me Sir Gerard. But I clearly mentioned about Majesty's discomfort with the Vault. He could have chosen any floor in the fortress but he chose this one that was under Princess Alicia's spell." He cleared before continuing,

"And about the Fortress, we are certain about the fact that this fortress is very much sufficient to protect what is kept inside it. Or more precise, it was built to keep the rest of the world safe from what is inside it." Raymond terse response pierced the fragments of peace residing in me.

"That doesn't mean he must turn his back toward his responsibilities, Raymond." I replied solemnly as I shifted my gaze at the golden glow prevailing around us, the shine gracing the place with a new exquisite touch.

"His responsibilities?" Raymond turned to speak.

"Shall we count the number of responsibilities he failed to carry on his Majestic shoulders?" he remarked; his tone held bitterness which was legitimate from the perspective he defines the situation.

I wish I could show you his wounded soul which he hides in his heartless demeanor.

"He gave everything for this Kingdom. He ruined himself from his people." I remarked taking a step ahead. The golden frames gleaming as the waves of energy crashing over them.

"Yes, he ruined himself fulfilling his responsibilities for his people and he ruined someone else who shouldn't have been in his mess." Raymond's eyes were cold and hard but his words were drenched in bitterness.

"No—"

"You will not see ahead him and I have no interest in digging the corpses of present. Pardon me; I must concentrate for I have been here." He stated tersely.

I merely nodded at his words. My anger was surging inside me blending with my surfacing powers. I took a deep breath before apologizing to the holy souls.

Silence prevailing around us as he inspected the second layer of shield while I stood adorning the flames of fire through the ceiling at was illuminating the gargantuan hall. The dance of the flame while it flicks as the waves of energy crash over it.

"Any news on Miss William?" He asked breaking the ice of eerie stillness.

I shook my head as I concentrated on my surging powers to create another layer around us.

"Revin must be with her. With the energy, I have noticed sparking in her, she'll be here on time." I remarked as we proceeded through the alley of Mirrors.

"Yes, she can't afford to waste her time resting when her guilt overwhelming her conscience." He mused but his tone was distinct. As if hinting about something, I can't fathom in his maze words.

"Care to explain Raymond." I finally voiced out.

Raymond tilted his head for a brisk glance.

"You don't need an explanation Sir Gerard but if you must insist."

"Naivety has the power to break the ice of heart but the same naivety makes you vulnerable and shallow from inside. The one fighting for others is losing from her heart as the guilt residing in her is clawing her peace." Raymond stated over the bright golden passage. 

His voice echoes through the walls of passage, shimmering in the echoes of past.

"From when you started to take interest in Poetry Raymond?" I asked as I considered his words.

"I must say your creation is extraordinary." I commented as I passed him not wanting to dwell in the depth of his statement. Because the arms of clock are witness, Guardian Raymond never state anything until he carries deep sense in them.

"My Poetry might be extraordinary but Niera is the exact image of 'Her'. The same fragile heart guarded under the strength of her will. She is nothing but Her in a new face." he stated through his perception which my heart noticed a long ago yet his words made me hold my breath.

"She won't find her peace until the stain of her delinquency won't be removed from her conscience. Sir Gerard, she must be an innocent girl in this dark treacherous world but in her life, from what I have perceived, she has been through a lot and now this deal has become her ultimate test."

"It would take a lot from you all to divert her from what her willing mind is set to conquer. After all, she may be the next claimer of the Title still learning her lessons but she is the Queen." He concluded in his firm impassive voice. 

His features remained flint as stone but I knew they held a great deal of concern.

We remained silent as we surrendered ourselves in the raw rush of energy, seeking solace yet the calmness was far from me.

"I certainly can't sense the presence of any strong aura around apart from ours." He announced turning the direction of our heated conversation.

My mind was locked in his words from a while ago, testing them in my perspective.

His eyes were on me taking in the form of me for his brain storming evaluation while I gave him the opportunity to read me through my impassive face.

"Perhaps you should check further." I suggested but his facial features turned skeptical before he nodded and made his way through the source of these raw waves of energy, the second layer of shield.

The Maze of Mirrors.

"Why I have a feeling that a surprise is waiting for me there, Sir Gerard?" he asked suspicion laced his tone.

"I have a theory which I follow Raymond; never trust on words but take initiative to action. I would suggest you take a look before we form a theory prior our absolute evidences."

"Well said, Sir Gerard." He accepted though, his eyes sparked in interest as he caught a new rush of mystery in my statement.

"I must check it myself." He agreed.

I had my conceptions regarding my experience in the Mirror Maze Hall but I wanted to clear them before I make any presumption and I knew Raymond's shrewd and heightened powers can touch the core just like I did. I want a crystal look over to prepare our theory.

We both strode in the direction of the Maze hall. Our reflection was clear in the mirror surrounding us from all the sides.

I saw our porcelain skin reflecting in the spark of the mirrors passing by while the shimmer of our eyes gave it a new definition.

All of a sudden, Raymond's ascending steps flattened as I felt the similar change. His assessing gaze met mine with a new gleam of realization in his red-blue orbs.

And I knew my theory is wasn't just my baseless presumption.

***

"I need to discuss this with Majesty." I stated as we came out of the Mirror shield.

I waited for Raymond's sharp response on my statement but received none. I glanced over my shoulder as my steps halted in the process.

Raymond followed lost deep in his thoughts. His steps were striding in the direction of exit but I perceived his mind was heading toward the deepest corners of this Mirror Maze.

I couldn't blame, I had somewhat same reaction when I stumbled with what waited for us inside.

"Raymond." I called him again and this time his gaze shifted from the marble floor beneath us and rose to mine.

"Yes."

"I was asking you something. We need to discuss this Majesty." I asked him again repeating my opinion. He stated silent for a brief minute apparently concocting a response before his eyes regained their shrewd confidence.

"You haven't had a word with him on his matter." He asked raising his brow in query.

"No, specifically on our experience inside, No." I clarified as I took a deep breath.

"Shield." I gestured him, turning on my axis to the Mirror wall in front of with the Reflection of our Royal Emblem.

He nodded as his head turned. Our arms pressed over the reflection as we felt the shield rebounding.

"On what grounds?" he asked as we turned to face each other, certainly we felt the Aura getting stricter but I chose to concentrate on our discussion as priority.

"The intrusion can't be possible from an outsider." He continued and I nodded affirmative. Allowing my powers to calm I felt adrenaline leaving my veins leaving me weak for a mere moment.

"This whole floor is inaccessible to any normal functioning creature of our Kind." I continued further to which he grimaced.

"There are no signs of intrusion."

"Then how? An intrusion in absence of intruder?" I mused as I found myself considering the possibilities.

"Next to impossible." I whispered as I shifted my gaze to the Golden Emblem.

"Yet very much possible." There came a contradictory statement to my words which I never expected from the person beside us.

Our gaze snapped at the direction of the source before our mind to comprehend.

The aura around said that all yet I needed a reassurance which I found when our baffled gaze met someone fortuitous!!!

***

July 23, 2017

Gideon, you are impossible....

Question time:

So what do you think, why Gideon bear the consequences of entering the certain part of his office?

How can someone get burns for taking steps to save someone?

What Raymond wants Sir Gerard to understand and why he is so persistent on revealing the truth of their existence to Niera?

And most important 'Who' is contradicting Sir Gerard?

So many questions swirling inside while I'm leaving you here to brainstorm while enjoying your routine.

But these questions will meet their answers soon.

If you have any query, feel free to share.

Would love to hear your reviews.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be highly appreciated.

Have a great weekend, guys.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
569K 3.3K 7
"Why are you following me?" She eyes me suspiciously, like she doesn't trust someone wanting to say hello. "I want to know your name. Mate." There...
195K 11.9K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
79.1K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...