Soft Pillows | โœ“

By __Dolly

Featured @WattpadIndia โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐, ๐š๐ง... More

Important Announcement
Author's Page
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 32

75.4K 5.2K 326
By __Dolly

"Her voice is enough to ensnare all my senses."

The Goa trip had come to an end, and they felt like they hadn't even seen half of the place. The last day was well spent shopping for everything and anything, especially from the Panjim market. And of course, there's no girl who doesn't love shopping.

Atharva promised to bring Aahana again which was enough to lift her mood. A happy smile was plastered on her face when they reached Delhi. Atharva's Aston Martin was already waiting for them but instead of going home, like Aahana thought, they were heading in some other direction.

Aahana asked him if they were visiting someone but he didn't utter a word. Being met with silence, Aahana shut up and looked out the window as she tried to figure out her surrounding.

The car suddenly came to a halt and Aahana felt her eyebrows crease in confusion.

"Aahana," He sounded breathless. Her stomach churned in anticipation."I- I want you to know me, every bone and fibre in me. After that, it's on you to decide whether to love me or leave me. Okay?"

She nodded shakily, not comprehending what he meant by that.

He sure wasn't going to say her everything, was he?

Oh god.

He opened his door and went to the other side to help her. Aahana stumbled on her foot as they walked a narrower path, and she clutched Atharva's arm tightly, afraid of what she'll come across.

Atharva did not tell her where they were going, but he was nervous as hell. His hands were trembling and his mouth felt very dry. He didn't know if he was doing the right thing. Last night was like a punch in his face and he couldn't not tell her. She was not only his wife but someone who had supported him everywhere without asking for anything in return.

So selfless and beautiful.

They stopped outside the white building and Atharva knew this was it. No turning back or running away.

He slowly turned to look at Aahana. Her face was kinda emotionless but her eyes, they gave it away. The confusion, the realization and above all...pain and anger.

Overwhelmed, he shut his eyes. "So uh, th- this is my Doc's Clinic." His eyes opened and she was still staring at him the same way. "He is a very good man. C-come on in."

They stepped inside and the door creaked when it closed.

Dr. Gupta looked up from the paper he was reading and a surprised expression marred his old features.

They did have an appointment, but he didn't think Atharva would come again. Hell, even Atharva had decided to never come, but here he was again, debt to the doc all his life.

"Well well, I am glad to see you Atharva," Dr. Gupta spoke and gestured to the chair opposite him. His eyes zeroed on Aahana who was looking around and then, finally at him.

He smiled at her and she smiled back, nodding.

They both sat and Aahana felt Atharva fidget in his seat under the hawk-like stare of the psychologist.

"Uh.." Atharva cleared his throat. "She is my wife, Aahana."

"And well, this is my doctor who I met for my treatment when I was 18. I'm still meeting him once in a month."

Aahana nodded slowly and looked from Atharva to the doctor.

"He is right but from the last 4 months he hasn't visited me." Dr. Gupta said in a serious tone.

Atharva narrowed his eyes. "I have been busy."

"I can see that." He nodded and threw a quick glance in Aahana's way. "So did you tell her?"

He shook his head and sighed. "Soon."

"Uh guys, I can't understand your code words." Aahana frowned, looking between them.

The doctor laughed and placed his spectacles on the table. "Well, I was telling him that he is doing better and doesn't need to come here anymore."

"That's great. I'm so glad he is doing better."

"Take good care of him. Give him as much space and time he wants."

"Yes, I will." Aahana smiled at the man. She genuinely liked him, so much like her father.

"Don't forget this old man." The doctor called out when the two were nearly out of the room. "And yeah, you can call me anytime."

Atharva turned around and with a small smile said, "Thank you."

The doctor was surprised for the second time to see him smiling, but he made no comments as he watched them leave.

On the way back, they were silent. No one made any effort to talk. Aahana had so much to ask and Atharva had so much to tell but both were hesitant and unsure.

They reached home and were inside, sitting on the couch beside each other.

Aahana waited for him to speak as she watched him crack his knuckles.

"I-I..." Atharva sucked in a shaky breath and shook his head. "I have Gynophobia. I was around 14 when I developed the fear of er... women. I- I can't s-stand them. Even now. I mean except y-you, of course."

"Oh."

"I was in depression, and I harmed myself repeatedly.  I needed a break from all that, so I sought for help on google and that's when I found him."

"He seemed nice."

"He is," Atharva confirmed. "He taught me a lot in these years. I didn't know how to handle myself but he made me believe in myself. We would have several sessions, sometimes simple talk therapy and medications which helped but the worst was exposure therapy. I ended up with panic attacks and it didn't help my case. So we stuck to the basics only. Though I improved a lot and was able to forget...things, I still couldn't be around women. I had no choice but to keep them away from me and here people thought I was gay."

Aahana gave a sheepish smile as a blush rose to her cheeks. "I'm sorry."

Atharva shook his head and smiled. They were quiet for some time, just staring at each other, not knowing what else to say.

"That is why you hated me." Suddenly Aahana gasped as if it was a big realization.

Atharva chuckled and squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I never hated you but to be honest, I didn't like you either. You annoyed the living shit out of me."

"And now?"

"Things may have changed."

"So uh do w-we have a chance?" She intertwined their fingers. He let her.

Atharva hid a smile. "Remember, leave or love?"

Aahana tapped her chin as if she was in deep thought. This made Atharva anxious and doubtful. But his wayward thoughts paused when Aahana gave a million-dollar smile. "Love Atharva, I love you."

"Mmm." Atharva gazed at her. "In that case, I'll take the chance. I don't know what pain I'll endure if you ever decide to leave me, but yeah, I want to try."

Aahana's eyes nearly popped out of her head. His answer was unexpected. It felt so good to hear him say that but he wasn't kidding, was he?

She looked at him carefully and realized he indeed was truthful. Her heart hammered in her chest and she felt an unfathomable urge to hug him. And she did. Her arms curled around his neck, and she rested her head on his chest. He stilled. "I think I'll have a heart attack with so many surprises in a day."

Another deep chuckle vibrated through him and he relaxed, his arms hesitantly going around her. He closed his eyes and just thought about Aahana, his wife. Soon they were embracing each other like they never did before. Though it was kinda awkward as they were seated, it felt right and at home.

For the first time in a very long time, he was drawn to a woman. Every moment spent with her was wiping the darkness inside him. She too controlled him, but his heart and he had no remorse, for she was his queen now.

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 27.2K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
97.9K 13.3K 49
Too old. Too tall. Too rich. Too out of my league. That's Aryan Arora, the billionaire CEO for me. But apparently, he is the perfect marri...
247K 9.5K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
205K 7.3K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...