CEO

By jkharrystyles

Harry Edward Styles is a very wealthy, successful, young CEO of his own business Styles Inc. His life seems... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73*
74
75
76
77
79*
80
81
82
83
84*
85
86*
Sequel

78

36K 1.1K 651
By jkharrystyles

Eve POV

It's December now.

My favourite month out of the year is December. It's not because it's my birthday month, it's because I love the holidays. Christmas is my all time favourite holiday and I just always love seeing decorations with little rain deer or elves on them.

It's Monday morning and Harry and I are getting ready for work.

"Do you usually decorate for Christmas?" I ask Harry who is adjusting his black leather belt.

"No," He says casually. "I would ask do you, but I already know," A smug smile goes on his lips.

"You helped me set up my tree last December for my apartment," I mention with a grin. "Wasn't that fun?" I ask.

"No," My eyes scowl at Harry. "I only did it because you asked me for help."

"Would you mind if we got a tree?" I ask.

"Just a tree?" My boyfriend asks.

"Well, we need lights for the tree and ornaments," I say.

"That's all you want?"

"What's the extend that I can go to?" I ask him.

"Don't make the apartment look like Santa shit everywhere." I laugh at his comment. "And don't make the apartment look like winter wonderland," I nod.

"I won't," I kiss his cheek. A smile is still on my lips. "Can you tell I love Christmas?"

"Yeah," His voice is bland still.

"Cheer up," I say. He gives me a fake smile and I lean in and kiss him.

"When are you getting the tree and what not?"

"Maybe this week," I answer. It's December 10th now.

"When you go let me know so I can give you my credit card," My eyes scowl at him.

"I can pay for it," I say.

"I can too," Harry grins.

"I'm not using your credit card," I hum.

"Yes you will," He mocks me causing my eyes to roll back.

"Can you go with me?" I ask. "I have some ornaments but my lights broke."

"Do I have to go?" He grunts.

"You don't want to go with me?" I ask.

"Not really. I don't like the holidays nor really care for them," He tells me honestly.

"You remind me of the Grinch," I say causing his eyes to scowl at me. "The Grinch had more Christmas spirit than you though," I say causing Harry to scoff at me.

"Thanks," He says.

I open my mouth to speak but I stop myself. I pause for a moment. "Am I pushing it? We don't have to get anything for the apartment." I say.

"If you want to get some things, the. You can," Harry tells me.

"But am I overwhelming you with it? I don't want you to be mad at me with this like you were when I was pushy with the family thing," I say.

His arms wrap around my waist and he smiles gently. "You're not pushy, you're fine, okay? Go get your decorations and whatever." I bite my lip. Harry kisses me twice and hugs me.

"You don't have to go with me," I mumble against him.

"Thank you," He says causing me to chuckle.

***

I'm currently working but I'm taking a small break because I have a headache. I'm talking with a few of my co workers who are around me.

"Don't you think this office needs some Christmas vibes to it?" The girls behind me, Lynn asks.

"Yeah," I say in a whisper. Even having just twinkle lights will get a Christmas feel going. "What about you?" I ask.

"Yeah," She sighs. "I've been here six years and every year around Christmas Mr. Styles never does anything to the office."

"I wish he did," A different women adds. Her name is Joy.

Their eyes burn on me. "Everyone in the office wants something Christmasy to the office," Lynn says.

"Has someone brought it up to him?" I ask.

"No," Joy says. "But can you?"

"Me? Why me?" I ask. My voice still in a whisper.

"Because you're dating him and he won't yell at you." You'd be surprised. "Plus like, since he's your boyfriend he'd do want you want, right? So maybe if you suggest this to him, he'll do it." Lynn says to me.

"I'll think about it," I answer. They both smile at me and nod. I turn back around in my chair and continue to read the manuscripts given to me.

***

I'm at home now. I just finished my shower and I'm brushing my hair.

My mind thinks back to the office and what my co workers want me to do.

I don't want to push my limits with Harry, considering I feel like I'm in thin ice for the Christmas tree for our apartment.

I turn off the bathroom light and walk to my bedroom where I see Harry petting Doug on our mattress. Our dog is on his back with his paws in the air.

I sit on my side of the bed and look at Harry who's wearing a white tee shirt and boxers.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"Fine. Yours?" His eyes look to me

"Fine." I answer. My fingers start to fidget and I look away from my boyfriend's stare and look to our dog.

"You look like you want to say something,"

"I do?" I ask.

Harry chuckles. "What do you need or want?"

"It's more like I need to get something off my chest," I say. I look back to my boyfriend who is waiting for me to continue. "Uh, so at the office my co workers want some Christmas vibes to the office. They wanted me to ask you if there could be come Christmas stuff around the place because I'm your girlfriend and they assume you're never mad at me. And I feel like I'm in an awkward position, you know? Like I don't want to be the person that asks, because that would show you somewhat listen to me and not them," I start to ramble so I stop speaking.

Harry looks at me still. I can't read what is on his face. "Sounds like a stressful day for you,"

"That's it?"

"What else do you want me to say?" He asks. I open my mouth to speak but he continues. "Look Eve, I can't discuss anything office or work related now. I'm at home, you're not my employee now. I can't give you an answer to you hinting everyone wants Christmas shit around the office. If you'd ask at work, that would be different."

"I don't want to ask you at work though," I say.

"Why not?"

"Because I feel like you'd yell at me or give me that stare like leave me alone I'm at work," I say honestly.

"I'm not that mean,"

"You can be," I murmur. My boyfriends eyes narrow at me. "But that's besides the point. Would your answer be the same if someone else asked you?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"What would that answer be?" I ask.

"Ask me tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning," I huff and lay down.

"You're very serious sometimes," I say.

"I told you I take my job seriously," Harry reminds me with tense eyes.

"Are you getting annoyed at me?" I ask.

"A little," Harry admits. "I don't like talking to you about work related things. Meaning, you asking me questions you would ask your boss,"

"Okay," I say simply. I adjust my pillow and lay back down.

"That's it? Okay?"

"Yes, okay," I say. "I'll respect your wishes Mr. Styles," His eyes narrow at me and I grin.

"That really annoys me," Harry tells me.

"How?" I ask.

"Because it's annoying," My eyes narrow at his answer. "It always has annoyed me,"

"Your bland ties annoy me," I say causing a confused look to go on his face.

"Your neatness annoys me. We have a maid for a reason," He says.

"Your seriousness annoys me. It is possible to be a nice CEO who smiles," I say causing his eyes to stare at me intensely.

"Your feet annoy me. They block the TV too much," Harry says causing me to scoff.

"Your snoring annoys me; you sound like Doug,"

Harry's eyes scowl at me playfully and I scowl mine back. A smile ends up going on our lips and we both chuckle.

He lays down beside me and intertwines our fingers together. "What do they want at the office? Lights?" I look to Harry who's staring at me.

"Can I get back to you in that?" I ask timidly.

"Yes," Harry leans in and kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too," I grin softly and press my head against his shoulder.

A://N

Hello

I hope this book isn't boring to anyone :/

Comment goal: 70?

I wanna add that Eve is the way she is because that's how I wrote her. So she's peppy about the holidays and loves family and Harry is the opposite. So, just keep that in mind when you comment "why can't eve get the hint that Harry hates his family and...." I'm trying to explain why family is important to her and not to Harry, so keep an open mind.

~lauren

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.2K 53
I put on my best fake smile. "Good morning Mr. Styles. Mr. Payne says that you needed some assistance with your computer?" I was always taught to hav...
1.8K 74 22
Harry Styles is the CEO of Royal field airways.He falls in love with Olivia and when they enjoying life together Olivia gets kidnapped by Harry's ene...
151 20 22
Harry styles had a really complicated childhood his parents died and he put himself in the world of the crime , because of the bad companies that he...
197K 4.3K 21
Harry: A successful multimillionaire CEO has a manner of perpetually being in control and on time. Despite his CEO reputation and demeanour, there ar...