77

Eve POV

It's been a week since Thanksgiving and I'm over my cold, which I'm thankful for. I hate being sick.

It's Friday night and Harry and I are in bed watching TV. His face looks gloomy as well as his eyes. He's been acting a little off all day, but I just assume it had something to do with work.

My hand rests on top of his and I speak. "You okay?" I ask my boyfriend.

His green eyes look to me and he blinks a few times then glances away. "No," He answers.

I lower down the TV and move closer to him. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Tomorrow is Elena's birthday," His fingers start to fidget and his eyes becomes red and tear filled. I wrap my arms around his body and let his head nuzzle into my neck.

His arms hugs around me and I stroke his lower back. I hate seeing him cry. I've only seen him cry a handful of times, and it makes me feel sad myself.

"How old would she have been?" I ask.

"Ten," He answers in a low, sad voice. I don't say anything after that. I just let him hold onto me tightly.

***

It's the following morning and Harry hasn't talked really. He only said, good morning, to me and I'm going to the gym.

He's been at the gym since seven this morning. It's twelve now and I'm getting worried. I debate if I want to call him or not. I don't want to seem clingy but he usually just stays at the gym for an hour or two.

I tiredly run my fingers through my hair and debate on what to do.

Harry POV

I settle the flowers in front of the headstone that I only visit once a year.

I make it a habit to only visit my daughter and late wife's graves when it's their birthday. If I do it more like I did in the past, I'll be more sad and closed off.

The weather outside is decent. It's cold of course, since it's becoming the end of fall. There is mild wind and a lot of leaves on the grass.

I stare at my daughters headstone and bite my lip. Jane's grave is to the left of Elena's and that makes me more worked up.

I don't speak, because if I talk I'll cry, and I don't want to cry.

I just wish I could see them once last time. I wish I could hug my daughter tightly and tell her how much I love her and how much she impacted my life for the better. If I didn't have Elena, I wouldn't be a CEO. I wouldn't even have applied for that internship years ago. I wouldn't even be where I am now.

The only thing I remember of her face is what photos I have of her. I wish I took more photos back then so I could have them now. I don't even know where the album of photos are. I know Jane took a lot when our daughter was a baby and toddler. I wish I had them now to look at.

My mind goes to the funeral I had for them. Placing your child in a casket and seeing her face pale and lifeless is an imagine I can never get out of my head. Knowing that my wife isn't in the ground, but in a lake, dead, isn't something I can forget.

I let out a deep breath and wipe my eyes that have tears leaving them. I sit across from the headstone for what seems like hours, just thinking to myself.

Eve POV

Around two o'clock Harry comes home.

He looks the same as when he left, sad. I pull down the sleeves to my sweater more to cover my hands for warmth.

Harry sits down next to me on the couch and doesn't say anything. He just stares forward at the television that is playing.

"Can I get you anything?" I ask him.

"No," He answers in a murmur.

I lick my lips and nod. I stand up from the couch and leave the room for a moment. I come back with a box I found in the closet while I was organising my clothes. Harry's eyebrows furrow at me.

I turn off the TV and sit back down. I place the white box with handles down on his lap. "I found this box on my side of our closet. My snoopy self looked and I saw they were some photos of Elena when she was a baby. I thought you would want to see them, or not. I don't know," I ramble at the end. My voice is low because I don't want him to be mad at me.

His eyes look at me. They're soft and delicate looking. A faint smile goes on his mouth. "Thank you," Harry says to me. I just nod, not knowing what he's thanking me for.

"I'll uh give you a moment," I say while standing back up. Harry grabs my hand and looks at me.

"Can you stay?" He asks me.

I don't argue or hesitate. I just nod with a gentle smile and sit back down beside him. He takes out the first book that he sees and opens it.

His pale green eyes start to well up, but no tears leave his eyes. I rest my hand in his empty hand as he looks through the photo album of when his daughter was born.

A://N

Sad chapter ahh

Ty all for reading !!!

Comment ??

Vote??

~lauren

"