34

Harry POV

I wake up to my back in knots and my head pounding a little.

I stretch my arm over to Eve's side of the bed and see she isn't there. My tired eyes look over and see her spot is empty. I forgot she didn't sleep over last night.

I rest my head back on my pillow and huff. My back is still bothering me. I don't know how I slept wrong but I did.

I sit up on my bed and look to my clock. It's 7:30.

I take my phone that's on my nightstand and unlock it.

Me: good morning

Eve: good morning

Me: whatcha doing?

Eve: I just got changed for work now I'm gonna relax for 20 minutes

Me: you usually don't get ready until like 7:50 lol

Eve: I woke up at 5 :/

Me: didn't sleep well?

Eve: yep

Eve: I couldn't fall asleep

Me: :(

Me: if it helps my whole back is in knots

Eve: :(

Me: :(

Me: I gotta get ready now, I'll see you at the office

Eve: will do :)

Me: :)

***

I get to work a little late. I decided to take a longer shower then planned so it messed up my schedule.

I see Eve is talking to Liam. A smile is on both of their lips making me question that. When I see them talk, their faces are usually always straight and the conversation doesn't last long.

I walk over to them and Eve is the first to notice. "Good morning." My girlfriend greets.

"Morning." I smile warmly. My hand rests on her lower back. "Did I miss the meeting?" I ask Liam. My eyes look at him.

"No, it's just about to start. I've asked Eve to sit in."

"Okay." I know Liam wants Eve to be the intern that stays. I don't know yet. Nate and Eve are close in my book, I don't know who I want to work here full time though. My opinion can't be biased too.

"Besides that, I've asked Eve if you guys would like to join Sophia and I for dinner one night." Liam offers.

Eve looks to me then back at Liam. "I don't see why not." I say.

"Great. I'll text you about it later. Anyways, I'll be in the conference room. I'll see you in there." Liam smiles at the both of us before walking away.

My eyes look to Eve who still has a smile on her lips. It's a friendly smile. My hand drops off of her back.

"You need to smile more." Eve tells me.

"I do smile." I defend.

"Not at work." She points out.

"Is that all you guys were talking about?" I ask out of no where.

"Liam and I?" Eve asks. I nod.

"Yeah. He was just telling me how he wants the four of us to go on a double date because Sophia has been nagging him to ask." She explains shortly. I remain silent but nod. Her head shakes with a chuckle. "Anyways, I'll give you your morning papers after the meeting." I nod and she begins to walk away.

I soon follow behind her.

***

I sit at my desk going over all of the up coming important dates scheduled. The rest of this month is packed with important meetings. Early August is where it's calm, which makes me shrug. My sisters week long beach vacation thing is in early August. I wish I had an excuse not to go, but I'm not busy then so I don't have an excuse.

My door slowly opens and I see Eve. She timidly walks in. "Sorry for interrupting."

"You're not." I say honestly. "Just looking over some things." I stand and meet her half way in my office to grab my busy work for the day. "How's your morning?" I ask.

"Uh, okay so far. You?"

"Okay." She chuckles at my answer causing me smile gently.

She's wearing jeans, since it's Friday. Her jeans are black and her shirt is a light blue denim button up long sleeve that is folded at her forearm. Her shoes are black ballerina flats and her hair in a bun.

"You look nice today." I compliment.

"I do?" Eve questions. She looks down at her outfit. "It was laundry day and I didn't have any clean clothes that was work appropriate."

"Yes, you look pretty today. Take my compliment." Her cheeks heat slightly making me smile.

"You look very fancy too." I laugh. "I like your Friday suit with the casual slacks."

"You see the difference between the slacks now don't you?"

"I've seen you in those stupid slacks too many times and I know the difference." I scoff.

"I'm offended." Eve grins.

"Just burn them. You have jeans Harry. Wear them."

"Not at work." I repeat. She huffs and rolls her eyes.

"Weirdo." I chuckle. "Anyways, I best be off. I'll talk to you later." I nod. I lean in to kiss her but she moves away.

"Not at work." Eve mimics causing my head to shake. She grins to herself and kisses my cheek before walking away.

I don't know if it's good that I'm growing more attached to Eve. I mean, of course I should. She's my girlfriend. But now it's like I don't sleep well without her beside me, or I always want to kiss her. That stuff scares me because I don't know if I'm ready to be more attached to her.

But the thought of losing Eve makes me sad and scared. I don't want to lose her, but I don't want to let myself fall in love with her, if I haven't already.

I tiredly run my hand through my hair and sit down at my desk. I try to not let my thoughts rush around and distract me.

A://N

I haven't done a Harry POV in a while so here ya go

Comment ??

Vote ??

~lauren