52

Eve POV

John stares at me, and his face is semi tense. I look away from him and hold onto Harry's hand.

John steps closer to us making Harry step in front of me. My hand is still holding his tightly and my head presses against my boyfriends back.

"Can I just speak to Eve?" John's voice makes my stomach twist.

"Go wait in the car, Eve." Harry looks over his shoulder and looks at me. My eyebrows furrow.

"Harry-"

"Car, now." He hands me the car keys. His lips peck my cheek and he whispers,"Lock the door and call the cops." His hand detaches from mine and my eyes look into his.

I look to John and my eyes travel down to the gun in his pocket that is very visible. "Please be careful." I say to Harry in a whisper.

"I will." I know my ex boyfriend has his eyes on me. I just have that feeling that he's watching Harry and I, which makes me even more disgusted. I slowly begin to walk away, feeling scared for Harry's sake more than my own.

Harry POV

Once I see Eve is out of sight, I turn back around and see her ex boyfriend staring at me with crossed arms. His hair is a semi dark brown.

"How cute that you care." He overall looks drunk, which I wouldn't doubt. Or maybe he's high.

"What do you want from Eve?" I ask.

"I want her." John says with a greedy smile. "And that is my goal, which I will achieve now," He begins to walk the way Eve did.

I push him back a little and he stumbles on his feet. "You really want to assault a police officer?" His eyebrow raises at me.

"You really think I care?" I remark. He licks his pale lips and smirks.

"I think you will care if you have to spend the night in jail for shoving me."

"Not if it's to protect Eve from her crazy ex boyfriend." His head shakes.

"You know nothing about us." His hands push my chest back.

"Nothing besides you hit and raped her." I find myself saying. His brown eyes stare at me and his jaw turns tense.

"She said I raped her? And hit?" He seems offended.

"Yeah." I say.

"I never did. All the times I fucked her was when she wanted it." I cringe at what he just said.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, buddy." I push him back.

"You know, you should really get better locks. Or maybe you should just be with Eve rather then leave to go to work. She really did look all comfortable sleeping on your couch. A pillow was in her arms and Modern Family was on TV, right?" I bite down on my jaw and feel my heart pound against my chest. How the fuck did he manage to get into the apartment?

"Aren't you a little stalker." I mumble. "Why are you so obsessed with her?" I ask curiously.

"She's my girlfriend, that's why. I want to one day marry her, and have kids with her."