6

Harry POV

I sit in my office Thursday finishing up paperwork for upcoming books my publishing office is publishing this month. I hope they sell. I haven't had a chance to look over the manuscripts for them so I don't know if they're good or not.

A knock on my office door causes my eyes to peer up from the paper scattered across my desk. "Come in!" I call. Soon the door is pulled back with the familiar face of Eve behind it. "What do you need Ms. Collins?" I question. She already has given me my files for the morning and afternoon.

As she comes closer to me I notice she's changed from her outfit today into blue jeans that are rolled up at the bottom. They don't have holes which is surprising. Her shoes are the converse I despise and her shirt is an olive green sweater that is rolled at the forearm. She has no makeup on and her hair is down.

"I'm not going to be able to come in tomorrow, I was wondering if I could do my work for the internship at home and bring them in Saturday." My eyes look into her's. They're the same softness and innocent look she always has. The look changes when she starts being a sarcastic twit.

"What are you assigned by Mr. Payne?"

"Manuscripts." She replies.

"I suppose. Bring them in first thing in the morning though. I have meetings all morning."

"Will do Mr. Styles." She voice is mocking again.

Her attire isn't appropriate for work, and her mocking me isn't polite. I don't have to let her work at home for the day. I could be an ass like she's being one to me.

"Why do you like to mock me, Ms. Collins?" I ask curiously. My voice is low.

"You can call me Eve." She says with a gentle smile. "And what do you mean mock you? I'm saying what you're telling me to go by." Her voice is humorous which annoys me more.

"You say it in a mocking way." I say. She chuckles.

"You're crazy. I'd never do that Mr. Styles. It's rude." A light giggle escapes her lips a few moments later.

"Do you see me laughing?" She sits down at the chair on the opposite side of my desk. Oh god.

"You should laugh, or smile more." Eve says making me huff.

"I'm at work, why should I laugh? What am I doing that's making me laugh?"

"On Saturday night I'm going to a comedy club, you should go."

"With you?" She nods. "Why?"

"Because, it will be fun. They acts are always funny and I bet you'll laugh and enjoy yourself for once."

"I do enjoy myself, thank you."

"That's why you look depressed?" Her eyebrow raises. A perky smile goes on her lips. "Are you the type of person that considers doing emails fun?"

"Maybe." I murmur. Her head shakes. "Anything else Ms. Collins?"

"I like to make things not professional," I can tell. "Call me Eve, like I said before Mr. Styles." She grabs a pen that's in my holder and a sticky note. She jots something down and soon looks back up at me and gives me the sticky note. "That's my number. Text me so I can give you information on the comedy club. If you don't text me by Friday I'll bug you the whole morning Saturday." She says sweetly making bite down.

"Why do you want me to go with you so badly?" I ask curiously. "I am your boss after all. It's inappropriate."

"It's only inappropriate if you make it inappropriate." My intern hums. "Plus, it's good to get out every once and a while and not worry about work, which I assume is all you do. I'm also curious to know you." I ignore the last part of what Eve said.

"I'm a CEO, all I do is work."

"I don't think that comes with the job title." Eve stands. "CEO stands for chief executive officer, not, I have no social life and work twenty four-seven until I die." My eyes narrow at her. "Just saying Harry."

"Mr.-" She cuts me off.

"Yeah I know. Mr. Styles." Her pale blue eyes roll playfully. "See you Friday." Her voice is peppy. Eve soon leaves my office and I lean back in my chair. My eyes close in frustration.

When is this girl not fucking happy? Every time I see her she's happy.

Eve POV

The reason why I can't do my internship tomorrow is because I need to pick up an extra shift at the diner to be able to pay my rent.

It sounds terrible, but it's something I have to do. The comedy club my older brother Jonathan owns, so I get in for free. I also get food and drinks for free. Perks of being the youngest sibling, and only girl in the family. Oh, and having a brother that owns the place.

I get to my apartment a half an hour before my shift at the diner starts. Today and tomorrow should cover my rent plus a little pocket money. I'm looking for another job so I don't have to keep doing this.

I live in a small one bedroom apartment in Manhattan. It's probably not the best place to live considering my salary but my job and internship is close. I can also walk everywhere and not worry about gas for my car unless I visit my Dad out of the city.

I change into my uniform for the diner and pull my hair into a pony tail.

I was wearing work clothes today at the office but I spilt juice on myself and had to change into something less work appropriate. I always keep a pair of clothes with me in my purse because this shit always happens. I shove my clothes into my laundry machine and start a wash with some other dirty clothes of mine.

I walk back to my bedroom and hear my phone beep on my mattress. I look to it.

516-768-9087: this is my number

Me: thanks Harold

Me: sorry

Me: Mr. Styles

Harry: ...

Me: ;)

A://N

Hello

I hope you guys are liking this book so far :/

Comment goal: 20????

~lauren