41

Eve POV

It's our fifth day at the beach house. It's currently two o'clock and we're all at the beach.

Harry and I sit on a blanket on the sand playing uno while everyone is in the water. Well, not everyone, Robin and Anne are tanning.

"Stop fucking giving me draw fours." My boyfriend spits while getting four more cards. I grin to myself. I have three more draw fours.

"Are you excited to go back to the city?" I ask Harry.

"Yes." He says almost instantly. "I miss my own bed and working. What about you?"

"I miss Doug a lot, so I'm excited to see him. I don't know, I'll miss just not worrying about everything when we leave."

"What do you worry about?" I put down another draw four making his eyes scowl at me intensely.

"My internship, how I need to get a job, my rent, etc." I list briefly.

"I can't discuss who's getting the position." Harry informs me.

"I'm aware." I say. "I'm just saying those are the things I'm worried about." His eyes glance up at me then go back to the deck. "What?"

"Nothing." Harry says.

"Should I start looking for a new job?" I ask timidly. He shrugs his shoulders.

"I can't say." Harry repeats.

"I'll ask Liam." I mumble to myself. "Uno." Harry shrugs. I put down my last card which is a draw four and his head shakes.

"I hate this game." Harry spits.

"Is it because you can't win?" We've played five times and he's lost all five.

"No." His eyes narrow at me. I just smile and put the cards together.

We both look to Gemma who's in the shallow end of the water with her daughter. Her husband is a little more out in the ocean with Robbie since he's older.

"Did you want to go back to the house?" I hear Harry ask me.

"Do you want to go back?" My eyes look to him. He nods.

We both stand up and pack up our things. Gemma sees us leaving and she waves us goodbye.

I slip on my shorts I used for a cover up and walk back with Harry.

Once we get to the backyard of the house, Harry sits at the edge of the pool and puts his feet in.

I soon sit beside him and put my feet in as well. The water is warm, which I wasn't expecting.

I feel his hand rest on my lap and I look over at him. He just smiles gently. "I miss Doug too." I laugh causing him to smile. "Even though he snores loudly."

"Sometimes I don't know who's snoring. You both do." His eyes widen at me. I giggle,

"I do not snore that bad Eve."

"Eh, it depends. I mean, it's fine that you snore. I still sleep."

"Why haven't you told me?"

"Because I didn't want to offend you." I say while moving my feet around in the water.

"I am offended that you compared me to Doug." I laugh. His elbow nudges me a little and I grin.

His hand rests on top of mine and his fingertips stroke my skin. "So, how's life?" I hear him ask making me snicker.

"Okay? You?"

"Okay." He chuckles. My eyes look to Harry who's staring down at me. His head leans into mine and he kisses me.

It isn't a peck, which I'm expecting. When we kiss it's always peck and nothing more. Now, it's like a real kiss which I'm not used to.

Both of his hands end up cupping my cheeks and his lips move in sync with mine. I've never noticed how soft his lips are or how smooth they feel against mine.

"Get a room!" I hear a voice shout. Harry and I both break away and we look to see Gemma walking towards the house. His head shakes.

Harry's cheeks are heated by his sisters comment which makes me snicker.

***

I lay on the bed I've been sleeping on for the past few days and debate to either get up to get something to drink or just continue to lay down.

This is what my life has come to.

Harry lays down beside me wearing his pyjama pants. He has no shirt on.

I lay on my side and face Harry. "It's hot in here." I observe.

"You're wearing sweatpants a shirt, and a hoodie." He tells me. I like going to bed in layers.

"I used my last pair of shorts as a coverup. They're in the wash now but this is all I have for bed."

"Take off your hoodie, then you'll have a shirt. Take off your sweatpants and you'll have your underwear to sleep in."

"You don't want to see me in my underwear though." I murmur.

"It's like the bottoms of a bikini." Harry tells me. "I'll try not to stare at your ass, okay?"

"You stare at my ass?"

"What?" A twitching smile goes on his lips. I nudge him and soon slide of my sweatpants. I take off my hoodie and feel the cold air rush to my skin.

"I like the color." I hear Harry say. I look down and see the color of my boy shorts are red.

"Thanks." I yawn. "I like the color of your pants."

"They're plaid." Harry points out.

"I like the type of colors that are in the plaid." I correct myself.

"Thanks." Harry chuckles.

"I'm going to try to go to sleep." I say.

"Okay grandma." I roll my eyes playfully at his comment. I sit up. "Where are you going?"

"I want water." I say with a slight shrug. I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen. When I come back I see Harry turning off the lamp on his side of the bed.

I turn off my lamp and go under the covers. I lay down and face Harry who's staring at me.

"What?" I ask. His arms goes around my waist.

"You have a cute butt." I nudge him.

"No I don't. It's flat." His eyes narrow at me.

"I beg to differ." He kisses my cheek.

"Is it cute because it's flat?" I question. Harry laughs.

"No it's cute because it's cute."

"Nice logic." I murmur. He smiles at me. My head rests on his chest and our legs overlap. "Goodnight Harry." I yawn.

"Goodnight Eve." His fingertips brush the skin on my lower back.

I close my eyes and don't struggle to fall asleep.

A://N

I've been pre writing a lot of chapters today :]

Comment goal: 60????

Tysm for supporting this book!

~lauren