Brave // Harry Styles

By whatsup1D

She walked to the school, the cold wind whipping her hair around and making her pull her coat impossibly clos... More

Brave
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sorry!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 3

48 4 9
By whatsup1D

School is pointless. You hardly ever learn anything, and when you do, you have to learn something else and you just forget all the information you just leaned. It's a totally pointless process.

Pointless.

We were learning about equations that didn't even have numbers in them, just letters. What are they doing in math? Nothing good. Just creating a two part unsolvable problem.

Once my math tutoring before school was over, I swiftly got up and made my way to the door. Math was definitely not my best subject. Not at all. I made my way to my locker and put in the books I didn't need and replaced them with the books I did need. I heard a voice off in the distance call my name, so I turned my body and saw Chanel.

"Lacy, did you really buy Harry new shoes?" Chanel asked me.

"Yes - but only because I barfed on his old ones. I felt terrible!"

"He is an absolute jerk! A hot jerk, but you know what I mean," she blabbered.

"Look, it's done now. I bought them and it's over," I dismissed the subject and walked on to the first class of the day.

Science.

"Hi Lacy!" Mrs. Jenkins greeted as I walked in.

I flashed her a smile and waved over my shoulder and sat down in my seat in the middle.

"Hello Harry," I heard Mrs. Jenkins murmur so I looked up and saw Harry walking past me to his desk.

He didn't even respond to Mrs. Jenkins as he sat down behind me in his usual seat. I didn't bother to look at him because I didn't want any awkward confrontation. I also didn't want him to say anything to me. I don't think he will, I think he learned his lesson last time.

"You know, just because you bought me shoes or whatever doesn't mean we are friends," he whispered in my ear.

"I didn't think we were. Please, just stop talking to me," I practically begged.

"Awh, little miss perfect isn't up for a good argument today? What? Were they out of knee socks at the store?" He teased.

"No actually. You didn't see them? They were in the clearance aisle...I figured that's where you probably were the whole time since you're worth nothing," I spat back.

I don't know where that bravery came from, or what I was thinking when I said that so quickly, but I liked it. I actually felt dominant and I can tell he was surprised when I actually argued back. I usually would have whimpered and sunk down back in my seat as he continued to taunt and tamper with me.

"Oh Lacy, sweet...naive Lacy. I think you will come to know I am worth a lot more than I stand out for," he rubbed my shoulder with the palm of his hand and leaned back in his chair, signaling the argument was over. I honestly think I won this time. Better not get used to it, doesn't really happen often.

Class was over quicker than it started. I got up from my seat and watched the people in front of me walk. I looked down, and I saw something that caught my eye.

Harry wasn't wearing the shoes I bought him...he was wearing white converse.

_______________________

I got home from school and got a bottle of Sunny D from my fridge. My mother and father weren't home, so I had the whole house to myself. I went to the couch and turned on some TV. A news story about a town a couple hours away came on and apparently someone was murdered.

After hearing the story, I turned the channel to watch Zoey 101, my favorite show. I love the show. Zoey and Chase are definitely one of the cutest couples I have ever seen and I want a relationship like that. Sadly, I know if will probably never get a relationship like that, not with any of the boys in my school anyway. All the boys in my school are stuck-up, obnoxious jerks...like Harry.

Harry.

That boy irritates me, hurts me, and brings me down...but I can't help but be intrigued by him. Maybe it's his beauty, and how I can not pinpoint a single flaw about him, or maybe it's because he has so many flaws and that is what makes him flawless. Maybe it's his personality. He is a total jerk, yet I can't help but think he could be super nice and helpful when the time comes...if the time comes. Or maybe it's his consistency. A lot of people think his looks are amazing, but I think his consistency is amazing. He is mean, and he can hold up his image like it's his day job. I want to be the one who breaks down his walls, who brings out the best in him. I want to be the one he is good around. I want to be his friend.

I don't know how I could ever accomplish any of these things when I could hardly stand being near him. He is a jackass, a huge one. He makes me want to throw up in all different places. He hurts my feelings constantly. I don't know if I have what it takes to be around him enough to change him.

The thing is, I don't want to change him. I don't want him to put up a personality that wasn't him in the first place, I want him to act differently and cautiously, around me atleast. Don't get me wrong, I won't stop him from being nice to others, but I'm not gonna make him be someone he isn't. If he wants to change freely, he can. I'm not forcing him to, however.

After all this thinking, I had to pee. I got up and headed to the bathroom and did my business. Since I was already in there and everything, I went ahead and took a quick shower. I washed my hair and massager my scalp while thinking. Once I shaved my legs and all the other girly necessities that girls do, I hopped out.

I took the towel I hung up from me and roamed it around my whole body before wrapping it up in my hair. I slipped on my blue and black fuzzy socks, black soffee shorts, and an old school basketball shirt. I put on my glasses, as I wear contacts in the day. No one knows I wear glasses except Chanel. I'm not ashamed, I just don't really talk to anyone else except her. I don't have any sleepovers either.

I walked back downstairs and noticed a note on the ground that looked like it had been slid under the door. I picked it up and opened the paper folded into thirds. I unfolded it and my mouth curled into a smirk as I read it.

Thanks for the shoes, sweetheart.

P.S. We will never be friends.

-Harry

I was definitely surprised by his handwriting. It was a lot nicer than I ever thought it would have been. It's kind of odd however; it is like a mix between cursive and print. Unique is the word for it.

I put up the note and made me some tacos before sitting on the couch and watching re-runs of Pretty Little Liars.

About two hours later, my mom got home so I decided I was going to bed. I got into my room and curled up in a ball under the covers. It was nice and warm under my covers. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

*******************

I woke up and got ready for school by doing the casual. I put on a normal school spirit shirt and jeans and left my hair all natural. I decided to do light make up, and then I was out the door.

I thought about how my day was going to go compared to how I wanted it to go

today. I knew the day I wanted to happen was too good to be true.

As I pulled up into my usual parking spot, I noticed a truck next to mine, but not just anyone's truck. Harry's.

Harry was getting out of his truck at the same time I was getting out of my Chevy.

"Morning sunshine," Harry taunted as he walked over to me.

I couldn't help but crack a smile and I noticed he did too. It didn't look like a sarcastic smile or a fake one either, surprisingly.

"Let me go to class, Styles," I demanded with the best voice of authority I could manage.

"Never in a million years, Montgomery," he retaliated.

I mumbled a few curse words under my breath before just walking right past him, making sure to shoulder check him along the way. I was almost into the school but not before I heard him yell at me.

"Your butt looks incredible in those jeans,"

When I turned around, I saw the biggest smirk on his face. I flipped him off in return and walked into the school.

----------------------------------------

Authors note ;)

EARLY UPDATE WOOOOH

IM AN OVER ACHIEVER

NEXT UPDATE; AROUND SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. I HAVE A LOT PLANNED THIS WEEKEND

NO ONE KNOWS

A couple things;

I have come up with signs.

These mean.

Later in the day: ________

Next day: **********

End of chapter: -------------

It will help me to let you know the time of the story and stuff so I don't have to say (next day) or whatever.

Alrighty, next chapter I think I might try Harrys POV(; MAYBE! I don't really know yet; I will think about it lol

Alright I love you all ;)

Message me feedback or comment <3

-Ashley x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 8.4K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
238K 11K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
316K 9.5K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
215K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...