Leaving My Home

By MissPaigeLynn

17 year old, Aria is forced to take her little sister and run the night her pack was attacked by rogues. Now... More

Escaping
Meeting Cayden
The Pack House
Meeting the Alpha
Running the Perimeter
Getting Answers
Meeting the Luna
The Shopping Trip
The Rogue on the Perimeter
Cayden's Makeover
Anna's Mate
The Party
The Run
Horrifying Answers
Pack Dinner
Training and Preparations
Goodbyes
Plan in Action
Back Home
Recovering
Baby Time
Get Away
Big Surprise
The Hunters
New Arrival
title of your story

Arrival

5K 61 2
By MissPaigeLynn

Chapter Sixteen ( Aria's POV)

The last few days have been busy, preparing for the arrival of the other pack's fighters and taking care of the kids. Rosie needs a lot of attention, but I love her already and Cayden adores her.  Along with in the afternoon all the adults have to report to the clearing for training. The older females in the pack stay behind with the children.

Everyone seems on edge because they know whats going to happen, but hopefully with the three other packs helping and the element of surprise on our hands than we will be able to take town the Alpha of the Star lake pack. From everything that Chase has told us about the pack that a lot of the pack members won't be so willing to defend their alpha and they are there because the Alpha will not let them leave. See you have to ask an Alpha's permission to leave the pack or you are still under his comand when you leave. Thus making it easy for him to order you to come back and you have no choice, but to obey.  Me and Anna would have been able to leave without permission because we have alpha blood in us, but if we were ordered to stay we would have to obey. However our mother told us to leave and she was the Alpha female so we didn't have a problem leaving.

We meaning me, Susan, and some other of the pack females have finished preparing the rooms for our guest that will arrive later this afternoon. Next we have to start the feast for their arrival, but I have to go check on Rosie who is napping first. With that in mind I went to the nursery to find Rosie laying awake in her crib. I pick her up and bring her down stairs to put her in the pack an play with some of her new toys in the living room. See Cayden managed to find the time while we were preparing to have our visitors to take Rosie and Chase shopping to get stuff. He spoiled them with toys, but also got the necesities like clothes. His answer to why he got so many toys is whats the fun in having kids if you can't spoil them. He already treats Rosie and Chase like they are our real children. Sometimes he really surprises me.He really is going to make a great dad to our children  someday,but he needs to tone it down with the toys. I know werewolfs develop faster than humans, but Rosie is still to young for half the things he got her. 

I walked into the kitchen and started to help peel potatoes. There where atleast twenty females including me and Susan in the kitchen preparing the meal. WIth our pack being atleast one-hundred and fifty members and the other packs sending between twenty and thirty pack members we need all the help we can get.

Chase and Cayden walked into the kitchen. Chase has been stuck to him like glue since he got here. He seems to look up to Cayden like he is a god and its adorable.

" Hey Babe" Cayden said giving me a kiss.

" Hi Mom I mean Aria"

" Hi Chase I told you, you can call me mom or Aria whatever you want. Im not going to force you to call me mom."

" Ok Do you want help"

" Sure"

" I will to since Rosie is playing and I have nothing to do"

" Ok" I said handing them each a peeler so they could help.

" Aria" Chase said.

" Yes little man"

" Cayden was teaching me how to fight earlier. It was so cool. Hes really fast and I doubt anyone could take him. I bet hes invinicible like the incredible hulk. You know from the movie we watched last night"  Chase said sounding so proud of Cayden that it made my heart swell.  I looked over at Cayden and he was smilling, not his usual smirk, but a real genuine smile.

" Is that so?" I asked

" Yes Cayden's the best. I want  to be just like him when im older"

I looked back over at Cayden and his smile got even bigger if that was even possible. At that moment I was content with my little family even if the kids were adopted. The only thing that could make this better is if we were not preparing to battle.

~ three hours later~

Cars filled with the fighters coming to help started to arrive. Most of the fighters were men with a few women. There had to no more than ten women and they were all from one pack. None of the other packs sent women, but they wouldn't be here if they couldn't defend themselves.

Everything was set for the dinner prepared for there arrival. It took along time to prepare, but  there is more than enough to go around.

I waited with the rest of the pack holding Rosie and Anna and Chase next to me with Alex and Cayden. Alpha Suanders introduced himself and Susan first. Each pack was sent with the beta and instructed to follow are Alpha's command. Each of the betas introduced themselves however I was not paying much attention.

SInce there was so many weres we set up the food outside and the guests were served first then followed by the Alpha. We all sat and ate outside. I fed Rosie a bottle before eating any ot my own food. We ate and mingled with our guest.

I handed Rosie to Cayden so I could go in the house to use the bathroom.  I went used the one in mine and Cayden's room. When I was done I washed my hands before leaving the bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom and was pinned up against the wall. Instantly I knew it was not Cayden and began to panick. I may wear Cayden's mark but he won't be able to sense my feelings or mind link until we are fully mated.

" Hey beautiful I have been watching you all night"

" Get off of me"

" No I get what I want and honey I want you" He whispered in my ear trying to be seductive but it just  made me want to puke.

" Please I have a mate"

" but your not fully mated"

" No, but I bare his mark"

" so your still not fully mated."

" Cayden Help" I screamed at the top of my lungs but the guy covered my mouth with his hands. I bit down on his hand causing him to yelp.

" Stupid bitch" He said slapping me across the face. The sting from the slap hurt and I couln't help, but let the tears stream down my face. Where was Cayden?

The guy dragged me to the bed and got ontop of me . I thrashed out and tried to get him off of me but it didn't work. He pinned me down. I shut my eyes the tears still flowing through my closed eye lids. I just wanted him to stop. I felt him lift up my shirt. Then next thing I know he was off of me and on the floor with a bloody nose. Brayden was there beating him senseless. He didn't stop until he was unconscious.

Then Brayden came over to me and pulled me into a hug. He rubbed my back telling me everything was ok and Cayden was on his way up that everything was going to be ok.

Seconds later Cayden was in the room. He looked like he was contemplating whether to kill the man lying unconsious on our floor or come comfort me. He chose the latter. He came and picked me up to carry me downstairs. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sobbed into his chest. He was so close, if Brayden hadn't come into the room. I stopped that thought he came into the room and thats all that mattered now. I was in my mates arms and safe. My sobbs started to quiet down. I barely noticed that we were downstairs in the livingroom. Cayden was sitting on the couch holding me. Rubbing my back and whispered loving words to me trying to get me to calm down.

I pulled my head away from his chest and looked up at him. He was looking at me with a mixture of fear, concern and anger. Wait why would he be looking at me with fear, I understand the concern, but why fear. He looked like he was holding back his own tears, but one escaped and slid down his face. I brought my hand up and wiped it away. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

" I am so sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I failed you as a mate. I am so sorry. He could have.. If only I was there....." He began to ramble, but I put a finger to his lips and and shh'd him. He looked at me.

" Cayden you were out with the others. How could you have known someone would follow me into the house? I am safe. Brayden stopped him and your here thats all that matters. I love you and I swear if you blame yourself  I will make you suffer. It was not your fault you are an amazing mate and you have NOT failed me. Do you understand me mister."

" Yes"

" Good I love you."

" I love you too." He said looking like he wanted to kiss me, but was afraid to after what happened. I want my mates touch, but nobody elses. I captured his lips with mine. It took him a second to respond. He bit down on my bottom lip asking for entrance and I imediately granted it.

I heard someone clear there throat, so I pulled away and I looked around an noticed that we were not the only ones in the room. My face was no doubt bright red. I can't believe that everyone saw that. I barried my face in Cayden's chest and I heard him chuckle.

" I'm glad you fined this funny" I snarled and he immediately stopped laughing and gulped.

 " excuse me Cayden what should we do with him" someone asked. I looked up and saw the guy being held by to men from our pack, he looked like he had water spilled over his face to wake him up. Before Cayden could respond Chase walked over to the guy and punched him were it counts. The guy groaned in pain.

Chase looked at him all seriously and said " You touch her again and you have to deal with me and big man over here" he said the last part point to Cayden.

I stifled a laugh, however not everybody was that nice including Cayden watching a seven year old punch someone there and then tell him off was pretty funny, but sweet none the less.

" You tell him little man" Cayden Incouraged him giving him a thumbs up. Chase smiled and walked back over to near the couch and crossed his arms.

" Marc,  Derek please take him to a holding cell. His Alpha will deal with him after its all over, but im sure he will be punished we don't want to sever our alliance over a piece of.. "

" Cayden there are kids here" I reprimanded him.

" Fine like someone of the likes of him, better" He said looking at me.

" Much" I responded giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

" Do you want me to take you upstairs to bed?"

" Yes please, but I have to put Rosie to bed first"

" Aria I will put them to bed you go with Cayden" Susan said who was the one currently holding Rosie.

" thank you"

" Your welcome"

Cayden stood up, still holding me and carried me to our room. He offered for us to sleep in one of the guest rooms, but i told him it wasn't needed so we went to our room. i changed quickly and climbed into bed with him, just letting him hold me until  i fell asleep.

( Cayden's POV)

I laid holding Aria waiting for her to fall asleep, I know what she said that it isn't my fault, but I should have been there to protect her and I wasn't. The worst part about it is I can't even do anything to the bastard because it would hurt our alliance with this pack. I have to send him home and let his Alpha do it. I was so proud of Chase. My little man punching that guy in his nuts. I wanted to do worst but I held my mate letting her calm my wolf. If I wasn't holding her nothing would have stopped me from ripping him to shreds. So it gave my wolf a little satisfaction for what chase did, but it is still not enough. I owe Brayden my life for stopping the monster. He is the bestest friend anyone could have asked for.  I wouldn't no what do to do if he hadn't been in the house and was able to stop. What that monster could have done if he didn't stop it.

Starting tomorrow someone will always be with her except in the bathroom and once the battle is over she will learn how to protect herself. I know she won't like the body guards, but they are just there until the other pack fighters leave. I know that not everyone of them is like that monster, but what kind of mate would I be if I sat around and waited for the next asshole to do the same and have a chance at succeeding.

I looked over at Aria and she was asleep. I carefully unwrapped on of my arms and pulled the other out from under her. She whimpered in her sleep. I gave her my pillow to hold to replace me. with one more look at my sleeping mate I went to Alex's room and knocked. He answered the door.

" Hey"

" Hey can you do me a favor"

" sure"

" Can you stand outside Aria's door nobody gets in, but me."

" Ok"

" Thanks I owe you man"

" Your welcome and you owe me nothing. I still owe you from helping Aria calm down after I found out Anna was my mate"

" Ok ill be back shortly."

" Ok"

I walked downstairs to my fathers office. I heard talking, but knocked anyways instead of leaving like I should have.

" come in"

I walked in and all the betas along with my father were sitting around his desk in his office. 

" How is she?" he asked.

" She is asleep. She will be fine. I just think this ontop of everything else just isn't fair. The girl needs a break, but then again everytime something happens she suprises me how strong she is."

" that she is son. She will make a good Alpha Female."

" what is going to happen with him"

" I talked to his Alpha. He sends his apologies and said he will deal with him accordingly. He also said that he was appauld that someone from his pack would do such a thing and hopes that you two don't think badly of his pack."

" let him know that  I said thank you and both of us understand that what he did does not make us think badly of the whole pack just of the offender."

" Ok son is there something else."

" No father ill leave you to whatever you guys were discussing. My wolf is itching to come out so I am going to go for a quick run before heading back upstairs."

" Son I don't think thats a good idea with your wolf so angry. I know your strong and I don't doubt you, but it will be hard to control him and if the bloodlust kicks in your screwed, especially with Aria sleeping. So you should just go back to your mate. Please son."

" Ok goodnight"

" goodnight"

My father was right, if I shifted my wolf would want to kill the monster that hurt are mate. He was already pushing to take control, so listening to my father I went back upstairs.

" thank you Alex good night"

" No problem good night"

 I walked into the room to find Aria awake sitting on the bed.

" where did you go"

" I had to talk to my father"

" ok will you come back to bed and who was outside the door"

" Alex was I asked him to wait out there until I came back" I said slipping out of my shirt and jeans before climbing into bed and pulling my mate close to me with my arms wrapped around her.

" Oh ok, but please don't leave again"

" I won't go back to sleep"

Within minutes she was back to sleep in my arms and it didn't take me long to fall to sleep as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 7.7K 60
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...
1.4K 271 12
Complete! Raizia has already died twice and she's not planning on dying again anytime soon. The 20-year-old necromancer makes ends meet by offering h...
3K 131 48
Almost six years ago it had all changed for them. After a night of passion, Brooklyn Evans thought she would have a future with the sexy cowboy she h...
168K 5.8K 29
Autumn Lewis was the school's tattooed beauty and troublemaker. She could cause a lot of damage to a person's reputation once you screw her over. Wit...