New Arrival

Chapter Twenty-six ( Aria's POV)

Its been almost three months and we haven't seen anymore signs of the hunters since the attack near the tree house. Cayden has been over protective since the attack and I told him I was pregnant. Chase is no longer shaken up about the attack anymore and has been more determined for Cayden to teach him how to fight.

" Babe"

" Yeah"

" Here's the last of it" Cayden said bringing in the last of the baby's stuff.

" Thank you" I said giving him a quick kiss.

We decided that we were going to have the baby sleep in our room instead of the pack nursery. We decided to wait to find out the sex of the baby because its not like we have to wait the full nine months that humans would. Since we don't know the sex, we only bought stuff that could be for a boy our a girl. Cayden and I both decided to avoid yellow and pink. I think there is nothing wrong with a boy wearing a light shade of pink, not a bright one. However Cayden disagreed so we stay away from that along with purple. 

Cayden moved around some things to make room for the crib, changing table, and baby's dresser a few days ago. We basically waited until the last minute until to get everything ready because we both have been busy.  Cayden is going to be taking over the alpha position soon, so he has beenspending most of his time learning the role from his dad before the baby comes because he want to be able to spend some time with us before we take over as alphas of the pack.  Susan has been showing me the roles of the female alpha. As much as I hate to admit it, but the male alpha is way more impotant and gets the final say. All I can do is advise him and hope he listens, but knowing Cayden he will.

 i watched as Cayden finished putting together the crib. The only thing that we have left to do is put the clothes away and other stuff we bought yesterday.  I sat down infront of the baby's dresser and started to put away the baby clothes that I had washed last night. I put burping clothes and other stuff like that in the first draw, the newborn clothes we got in the second and the third was the clothes that weren't new born.

Just as I was about to get up I felt a rush of liquid between my legs. Oh shit! my water just broke.

" Cayden" I said trying not to panick.

" Yeah"

"I think my water just broke"

The next thing I know I am on the bed and Cayden is screaming through the pack mind link for the doctor to get his ass here and now. 

A contraction hit and I had to fit my wolf from shifting. She wanted to shift and protect us from the pain. It easier to deal with pain in wolf form, but vary dangerous for the baby to if I shift. With that in mind I held my ground and didn't let my wolf take over. It wasn't an easy task, but once the pain subsided she backed down. 

The doctor came in and checked me to see how far dilate I was. He said it would be a few hours to just lay back and try and get some sleep. Easier said than done.

( Cayden's Pov)

I watched as a contraction hit. She was blocking me so I couldn't feel her pain or read her mind. I could always use my alpha tone, but she would never forgive me and I have more respect for her than that. I could tell from her facial expressions that she was trying to keep her wolf from taking control. I didn't dare touch her afraid she would lash out or her wolf would take over while she is distracted. I would never forgive myself if I caused her to loose the battle against her wolf and her or the baby was hurt. I can't wait to meet our son or daughter. We decided to wait to find out, but it is killing me not knowing.