Escaping

Chapter One (Aria's POV)

I woke up to a loud crash coming from downstairs. I heard foot steps coming up the stairs and turned towards the door ready to shift into my wolf if needed. Seconds later my mom burst through the door my baby sister Anna in her arms.

" Mom What's going on"  I asked taking in my mothers panic stricken face.

" Aria i need you to take your sister and run. Don't look back no matter what you hear. You run and if you come across any other wolves, what ever  you do don't run or challenge them. Submit and keep you sister safe. Remember your father and i love you girls" she said in a shakey voice trying hard not to cry.

" Mom please come with us"

" i can't baby girl im Luna i have to fight for my pack. You have to be strong. I have to go and help the rest of the pack fight the rogues now. Be good and take care of your sister for me. i love you two"

" love you too mom tell daddy i love him and try to make it out of here and come find us"

" i will baby girl now you have to go" she said kissing my forehead and then pushing me towards the window. I climbed out of the window and onto one of the lims of the tree out side my window. Mom kissed Anna's head and handed her to me. I took her in my arms and began climbing down the tree carefully trying not to drop Anna or fall.

Once safely on the ground i ran towards the woods tears streaming down my face and hoping the rogues were too destracted to notice and follow us.  The screams and howls of pain from my pack caused me to cry harder, but i know that i have to be strong for Anna and keep her safe. The trees surrounding me were all but a blur as i ran as fast as i could, feeling the cool summer night air on my bare arms and legs trying to get my sister and i to safety. I could feel Annas tears soaking trough my tanktop and all i wanted to do was stop and comfort her knowing i couldn't i continued running.

All of a sudden i heard a deep menising growl behind me. I quickly put Anna down pushing her up against a tree and asuming a protective stance between her and the dangerous wolf. I could feel my heart beating so fast it might come out of my chest from the fear i felt not only for myself but my three year old baby sister i promised to protect.

A large brown wolf with a nasty scar from his forehead  through his right eye and down his cheek emerged from the covers of the trees barring his sharp canine teeth. I made a warning sound from deep in my throught knowing it wouldnt scare him  off but still hoping it would. The wolf made a sound  that sounded like laughter that sent chills throughout my body.

"Anna stay back" I instructed shifting into my white wolf and black wolf causing my clothes to be ripped to shredds.  I was smaller than the large brown wolf, but my speed makes up for the lack of height and build. I stayed between my sister and the wolf not willing to make the mistake of making the first move. This is my first actual fight but every pack member is required to attend weekly training after their first shift at sixteen. I watched the wolf waiting for him to make the first move.

Seeing that i was not making the first move, the wolf lunged at me. I met him mid air sinking my teeth into his fleshing and keeping him away from Anna. The wolf howled in pain and i could taste the metalic taste of blood in my mouth making me want to gag but i i kept my canine teeth in his flesh until i was thrown off. My attacker's teeth sunk into my shoulder causing me to yelp but i quickly regained the upper hand. we came dangerously close to Anna so i had to let go of my hold on the wolf and retreat to the other side hoping that he would follow. As i expected he came at me and i quickly moved causing him to hit the tree that was behind me. Using the moment of weakness to my advantage i lunged at him sinking my sharp teeth into his neck and killing him quickly just to get it over with.

 Ignoring the fact that the wolf was my fist kill, i walked over to Anna nudging and trying to get her to climb onto my back. After finally getting the hint she climbed up gripping my fur so i tight that it caused me to wince in pain and hold back a Whimper.  Once she was safely on my back i took off further into the woods, praying not to have another unexpected encounter. I decided to find somewhere for us to rest after this eventful night.

After a while of more running we came into a clearing with a stream that was surrounded by trees. Deciding it was safe and far enough i eased Anna off of my back and laid down on the grass. Anna snuggled up to me to keep warm. Minutes later i heard Anna's breathing get softer and knew she had fallen a sleep. Soon after i followed, drifting off into a peaceful rest.

A/N: Thanx for reading. Sorry if it didn't come out that great this is my first story. I will try to post again soon.