Big Surprise

Chapter twenty-four ( Aria's POV)

After Cayden hung up he went to the suitcase and threw me a set of clothes before grabbing his own. Once we were both dressed he put our clothes from last night that were scattered all over the bedroom in the suitcase. When they were all gathered up he slammed the suitcases shut and zipped them up. He grabbed them and motioned for me to follow him. He said nothing as he threw the suitcases in the back and climbed in the drivers side. I climbed in the passenger seat. I wanted to know what was going on and why we were leaving, but I didn't ask.

He pulled away from the cabin and I watched the cabin disappear in the background as we drove towards home. I kept waiting for him to say something, but he didn't. I looked over at him and saw that his face showed no emotion. The silence was nothing like last night. It wasn't comfortable or awkward, but it did leave me concerned. I wanted him to tell me that everything was going to be ok, but I didn't see that happening.

" Cayden"

" Yeah"

" Is everthing ok?"

" I don't know"

" well what did your dad say"

" He just said to come home and hung up"

" Oh"

" I am sorry our get away got cut short. I promise that we will come back here and hopefully next time we can stay away for the whole time with no interuptions."

" Cayden. I had a great time. Thank you for everything. Last night was amazing and it isn't your fault. I just hope that everything is ok back home"

" Me too" He said. I slowly put my hand on his thigh and gave it a reassuring squeeze before starting to run it up and down his thigh. This gesture seemed to relax him. His grip on the steering wheel losened and his whole body seemed to relax a little. 

The rest of sthe way back wasn't awkward just quiet. We didn't play music and neither of us said anything because we were at a loss of words. I watched the scenery as we rode home. I slept most of the way here so I didn't see it on the way there. Most of the drive there was surrounded by trees. I didn't really pay attention to signs on the road so I didn't know what towns we passed through and I didn't need to.

Three hours later we pulled up to the house. We both climbed out of the car not bothering to get the suitcases. They could wait until we made sure everything was ok.

We walked into the livingroom and nobody was there so I followed Cayden to his father's office. I didn't know what to expect behind the doors, but I have a feeling what ever it is isn't going to be good.

Cayden opened the door for me to go in first. I stepped through the doors and didn't know whether to cry or be happy. I stood their frozen. In the chairs infront of the Alphas desk, sat my parents. Anna was in my dad's lap. All these months of thinking I would never see them again and here they were right in front of me. I couldn't move. I didn't know what to do. Thankfully, Cayden came over and wrapped his arms around my waiste and gave me a reassuring squeeze, successfully pulling me out of my frozen state.

I pulled out of Cayden's grasps. I looked at him and offered him a small smile, so that he knew that I was ok. I walked over and gave my mom a hug.

" I thought--" I began to sob.

" I know sweety shhshh" she said as she rubbed my back soothingly.

" Why don't we give you guys a minute" Susan suggested shooing everybody other than my parents, Anna, and me out of the office.

Cayden was the only one to object. I pulled away from my mom and wiped the tears that had fallen down my face before looking up at him.

" Cayden I am ok. Please give us a few minutes" I pleaded. He nodded and left the room, even though I could tell he did not want to.

Once he was out of the office, I looked at my parents expectantly.

" Sweety I am so proud of you" my father began.

" Thank you. What happened and how did you find us?"

" well the night we were attacked we fought. We lost a good portion of the pack. Everyone left joined surrounding packs with family members because we could no longer protect ourselves. We went looking for you and caught your scent. When we followed it we caught an unfamiliar scent and found blood, alot of it. We knew some of it was yours. we thought you didn't make it, but we searched the surrounding packs. We hoped that someone had found you guys. We knew their was a good chance that Anna was still alive because non of the blood was hers, but we never lost hope that we would find both of you guys. This was the last pack we neighboring pack to check. We also had some run ins with rogues in other territories that's why it took so long getting here. Both your mother and I are happy you guys are both safe and well. More than well I can see. Both my girls have found their mates. congratulations."

" Thanks. We ran like you told us to. One of the rogues followed us and I fought him off. We spent the night in a clearing where Cayden and his friends found us. He is the future Alpha and my mate. Not that long after we found Liam. He has a mate too and they just had twins."

" Liam is here?" my mom asked her eyes lighting up. He was like their son because his parents died and they basically raised him.

" Yeah he saw the rogues come after us and followed us. When Cayden and the others found him he was in pretty bad shape, but he is fine now."

" Thank the moon goddess" my mom said.

Soon everyone else rejoined us and I figured it was time for my parents to properly meet Cayden. Cayden came in and immediately came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

" Mom, dad this is Cayden my mate"

" Hello son" My dad said shaking his hand.

" Nice to meet you honey and thank you for taking care of my babies" my mom gushed.

After introductions were done, Alpha suanders asked to speak with Cayden and my dad alone. Everyone else left as asked. I wondered what they were going to talk about, but didn't ask knowing it wasn't my place to do so. Cayden would explain later if it was important.

( Cayden's POV)

Everyone except for my father, Aria's father, and myself left the office. I wonder what is so important that my father needed to excuse everyone else. I am happy that Aria's parents are alive. She missed them so much. I could tell even though she didn't say anything. It broke my heart every time something would remind her of them and she looked like she was about to break down.

" Son"

" Yeah"

" It looks like we have another problem"

" OK"

" It seems as though the other packs are having trouble with hunters. Aria's parents had a run in with them a couple weeks ago. They didn't follow them here though. I think we should increase the perimeter runs like we did with the rogue problems. They haven't been a problem for us yet. I don't want to worry the pack, but we need to be prepared."

" Ok"

" i am going to call a meeting of the pack fighters to assign runs'

"Alright"

" Do you have any suggestions?" my father asked Aria's father.

" I would suggest to ban runs in the woods"

" Ok I will inform everyone."

With that my father dismissed us. Her father and  I went into the living room were Aria was with her mom and sister.  I gave her a quick kiss before saying," I am going to go upstairs. You spend time with your parents. I know how much you missed them."

" Thank you" she said before I turned and walked upstairs.