The Hunters

Chapter Twenty-five ( Aria's POV)

It has been a week since my parents got here. I can't believe they are actually alive after over three months of thinking that they were dead. They are staying at the pack house and have joined our pack. Most packs won't take former Alphas because they pose a threat to their position of leadership, but we were lucky that Cayden's parents decided to let them join the pack. They have also took over raising Chase and Rosie because they no longer have the pack responsiblities. It's not like we will never see them anymore they live in the same house and it lets them feel needed. Chase wasn't to thrilled about the idea, but once he got to know them and found out he would still live with us, he was all for it.

Cayden and I will be having our own soon enough. I still have to tell him. I only found out this morning when I went to the pack doctors. If it was anyone else I would be nervous to tell him, but I know he will be happy to have our own baby. He was great with Rosie and Chase, so he will be a great father to our own children.

" Aria" someone said snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked over to see who the voice belonged to. It was Chase.

" Hey little buddy" I said giving him a smile.

" Can you come outside and see what Cayden and I built."

" Sure" I said as he grabbed my hand and started pulling me from the living room to the front door. I tried to not to stumble over my own feet as he led me to what he wanted to show me. thankfully he had to slow down to open the door and I didn't have to worry about tripping anymore. He pulled open the door and once we were both out of the house he grabbed my hand to pull me towards our destination again.

We walked into the woods. We came to a stop at the clearing where Cayden and I first met. I looked around and didn't see anything or Cayden. Did Chase bring us to the wrong place?

" uh Chase"

" Yeah"

" I don't see anything"

" Up there" He said pointing to a tree. I looked up and immediately saw what he was pointing to. They had built a tree house. It was a little higher than most, but it looked safe. It had windows and a roof. They even put curtains on the windows. I watched as Cayden dropped the now finished rope ladder and began to climb down.

" what do you think" Chase asked as he tugged on the hand he was still holding.

" I think it is awesome"

" Thanks Cayden did most of the work"

" You still helped" I said just as I heard a shot. I instantly shifted to my wolf and stood over chase protectively. I looked over to see Cayden on the ground. Please don't be dead I thought. I watched as three hunters emerged from the woods surrounding Chase and I. Then I remembered the pack link. Since Cayden and I are fully mated I can now use the pack link.

"Hunters in the clearing" I screamed into the pack link.

" On our way"  a commanding voice rang in my ear. I instantly knew it was the alphas. Some how knowing him and the others were coming helped me calm down a little. A snap of a twig caused me to look up. Two of the hunters were coming closer to me with a net. Yeah like that would really work. I looked to were the third one was and he was getting closer to Cayden. I could see the faint rise and fall of his chest. I also knew that if the hunter saw he would no doubt kill him. I had to think of some way to destract them.

" ARIA"  The Alpha yelled in my head startling me.

" Sorry what"

 " I said is everyone okay?"