Back Home

Chapter Twenty ( Aria's POV)

The fighter started to arrive back, shifting and getting dressed before emerging from the woods. I looked around trying to spot Cayden, but didn't see him. This is one of those times not being fully mated is kicking me in the ass. If we were fully mated then I would be able to sense him and know that he is ok, but since we are not I have to settle for looking for him.

I spotted Brayden and he was with some girl. She was really skinny and covered in bruises. Her blonde hair was greasey and her clothes were worn out. She looked like she had been beaten and werewolfs heal quickly so it had to have been recently. I would say probably this morning.

Vans started to pull up and more people who looked sickly got out. Women and children looked like a they suffered quiet a bit. Only the people that were probably the alpha's beta and guards along with their families looked remotely healthy.  I honestly hope that the alpha didn't submit and had to be taken out by force for making these people suffer. 

" Brayden"

" Hey Aria I would like you to meet my mate Marnie"

" Hi marnie I am Aria, Cayden's mate nice to meet you"

" H-hi" She stuttered looking like she wanted to be anywheres, but here.

" Brayden where is Cayden" I asked still not being able to spot him.

He looked at me with a look of pity and I instantly knew something was wrong. " Aria im sorry he was injured and the doctor is with him"

" How bad?"

" I don't know the Alpha attacked him, but Cayden managed to kill him and then  he was attacked by someone else. Alex saved him and he passed out that is all I know"

" Thanks Brayden I am going to go find him"

I turned around and walked towards the vehicles. I saw Nathan the pack doctor get out of one of them and I walked over to him.

" Nathan where is Cayden"

" The boys just took him up to your room"

" Is he going to be ok"

" Honey I am going to go up and set up the Iv and monitors. I have bandaged him up and gave him some pain meds. The rest is up to him and his wolf. I will know more when he wakes up"

" Thank you" I said following him up to my room.

When we got to my room I was a little nervous to go see him. He was suppose to come back to me unharmed. The doctor opened the door and I followed him in shutting it behind me. HIs parents were already in the room.

I looked at Cayden and almost broke down. He looked helpless on the bed with his shirt off and side bandaged up along with his head.  I couldn't see how bad the injuries were because of the bandages covering them. He was still unconscious. He is so strong and powerful, but now he looked broken and the sight just made me want to cry.The doctor hanging up the iv that was in him to a stand by the bed and then started to work on hooking up to the monitors that someone had brought up before we arrived. Our room was turned into a hospital room i guress is the best way to describe it, but our stuff still here and doesn't smell bad.

I grabbed the desk chair and rolled it by the bed on the opposite side the machines were on and sat down. I took Cayden's pale hand in my and rubbed the back of it.

When the doctor was done he left and said he would be back to check on him tomorrow. The alphas didn't stay to much longer not wanting to see there son this way. Chase had come in, but left with the alphas.