connect.

بواسطة baddestbitchx

" same city, same friends if you're looking for me . " المزيد

prologue | characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33 - the recap
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46 - hey, please read
47
48 - i'm back
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

28

2.3K 116 11
بواسطة baddestbitchx

future - fresh air

chapter twenty eight

"this is so lit!" ayana shrieks as we walk inside the massive mansion-type home.

there was marble floors and the interior design was immaculate. everything was so perfect and glossy. I could tell we was in the suburbs of miami.

"I know right." I agree .

diallo was already whisked away by a group of very good-looking boys. i'm assuming they were his friends. they all dispersed through the living area and into the back garden where some people were.

the majority of the crowd was in the hallways and the living area, grinding and bumping to r-kelly.

ayana and I went straight to the kitchen to get hydrated. we both opted for cans of coke mixed with the hennessy.

we knocked that back and refill our cups before going into the large living space where people were.

"ain't nobody tell me the dress code was slutty." ayana grunts, staring at all the different girls outfits.

"word." I murmur.

there were girls in little tight ass skirts and basically wearing bras. I know what a bralette is but these weren't no damn bralettes.

there was a dj in the corner of the room, playing around with his devices.

the song changes to future - fresh air and everyone's spirits rise as the bass controls the ground.

"say touch your toes when you're cooking breakfaaa-ast!" ayana and I both sing in unison, holding hands.

she gets out her phone from her purse and snapchats us singing.

the beat drops and everyone dances whilst going along with the lyrics.

"let's go outside." I say, leading her through the patio doors to the massive backyard.

there was a pool at the far end but no one dared to get inside since no one was dressed appropriately for swimming.

"he is fine." ayana gushes, slyly pointing at one of the boys from diallo's group of friends.

"ayana." I hiss. "you got a man. don't be complimenting other niggas."

she pouts. "why does everyone have to be so scrumptious."

I cackle and hug her. she was way too cute sometimes.

my eyes meet diallo's as he's engulfed in conversation with his friends. he motions with his hands for us to come over.

we walk to their little male crowd which was not as awkward as I expected it to be.

instead of throwing grimy compliments and cat-calling us, they all greeted us with respect.

"nice to meet ya'll." the guys say, taking turns to hug us one by one.

"you too." me and ayana squeak.

they all state their names and we tell them our names.

the boy ayana thought was fine , we eventually found out his name is clark.

"your quan's girl, right?" clark asks ayana.

ayana sighs and nods her head. "yeah. that's me."

it was obvious she didn't want them to know. I mean, I can't lie, if I had a mumble rapper boyfriend and I was placed infront of these chocolate boys.. I would definitely consider lying about my relationship status.

"he does that rapping stuff?" clark asks.

"yup." she replies, popping the p.

I notice her feeling uncomfortable so I swiftly divert the conversation.

"enough about quan... what do ya'll do?" I ask.

"we're all currently studying law at university." diallo answers for them.

they all nod their heads coolly.

"that's so great." ayana says. "it's rare you know.. to see.."

"... black men... aspiring to do something more than basketball or rapping?" clark finishes for her.

"yeah." ayana grins.

we all indulge in a big conversation and surprisingly diallo's friends were actually really chill. I found out the majority of them were  single which made ayana's eyes light up.

she thought I didn't notice, but I did.

it was evident clark seemed to be interested in ayana.

our group conversation was rudely interrupted when quan, marquise and quan's friends entered the premises.

my stomach felt uneasy when I saw marquise.

he looked my way and I looked away, focusing on quan as he embraced ayana with a hug.

"wassup baby."

"hey." ayana smiles, hugging him tightly before letting go.

quan and his friends said wassup to diallo and his friends but the awkwardness was definitely present.

i'm certain that everyone else felt it too. except for quan and his friends.

the two groups were completely different. quan's group had sagging pants, chains around their neck and they stunk of weed.

as for diallo and his friends, their pants were sitting on their waist and smelt of strong , expensive colognes.

"can I speak to you?" marquise questions me.

I look at him up and down, before turning my back to him.

he stands infront of me. "look, ryan, you can't just run away from it. we need to atleast talk."

"I have nothing to say." I mutter.

he sighs and tugs my arm. "ryan."

diallo intervenes . "she said she has nothing to say."

marquise glares at diallo, squaring up to him. they were the exact same height  & diallo seemed to be completely unbothered .

"I don't think I was talking to you ." marquise says.

"yeah, but i'm talking to you though. the girl said she has nothing to say, so leave her alone." diallo responds.

marquise looks back at his friends and they all laugh.

ayana and quan were watching intently as tension coated the air.

"listen university boy, I ain't the one you want problems with." marquise threatens.

diallo chuckles. "I don't really care what problems come with you.. aslong as you leave ryan alone then i'm good."

"marquise cut it out. all you've done is create drama since you've arrived. " I add.

he glares at diallo before him and his friends head back inside the house.

"thanks for that." I hug diallo.

"it's no problem ." he shrugs. "please, next time you get a boyfriend, make sure he's atleast intimidating."

I chuckle. "leave me alone."

"quan, have you told marquise off for cheating on ryan yet?"

"why am I gonna tell him off? I ain't his momma. I just let him know he lost out on a bad bitch." quan shrugs.

"thanks quan." I grin.

"no problem sis."

ayana and quan walk over to the the chairs , leaving me with just diallo and his friends.

"do you like ayana?" I ask clark.

he raises both his eyebrows. "me?"

"don't play dumb. you know you got a crush on her." I smirk.

he rubs the back of his neck . "listen, we all see her and quan loved up.. she's fye but I know my limits. if they break up, let me know though so I can shoot my shot."

I dap him. "alright bro."

his friends laugh at him but I notice diallo was looking into the distance, clearly thinking about stuff.

••
part 2 will be in the next chapter
••

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1M 56.3K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
149K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
321K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc