Soft Pillows | โœ“

By __Dolly

Featured @WattpadIndia โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐, ๐š๐ง... More

Important Announcement
Author's Page
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 26

75.2K 5.2K 292
By __Dolly

"I never knew I could feel what I am feeling right now."

Four long months had flown already since Atharva had signed the contract for Bangalore mall and from its regular update, he knew the construction was going absolutely as planned and would be over by the end of May but that didn't stop him from booking his flight ticket to Banglore for a week.

Yes a week along with his PA, much to Aahana's dismay. She couldn't feel anymore angry at him than she already was. When she asked him why couldn't she go, he dismissed her with a wave of his hand as if her question was the silliest he'd ever heard.

Currently, they were sitting in their cabin and Aahana was shooting daggers at him. "I want to go with you." She whined for the hundredth time today.

He pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance and shook his head.

"Please?" She batted her eyelashes, giving the puppy eyes to him. It had worked the first time and she knew this time was no less.

But he didn't look at her purposely, fully aware of the persuasive force in the depth of those brown orbs of hers.

Pouting, she stood up from her chair and made her way in his direction. "I have never been to Bangalore. I heard it's beautiful, and I wish I could go with you." She feigned a sad look and sat in front of him on his desk.

He stiffened and backed away from the desk but she pulled the chair towards her and kept him in place.

"Now tell me I am going."

"You are not going," he sputtered out, looking anywhere but at her.

Aahana scowled. "Oh, now you won't look at your wife." She lifted his chin with her index finger and made him look straight into her eyes.

His sharp intake of breath was enough for both of them to know he was highly uncomfortable. Aahana immediately distanced herself from him.

He heaved a sigh of relief, his posture relaxing.

Aahana let out a breath and slumped on a chair opposite his. "Now tell me again why I am not going."

This time he looked at her. "One head has to be present in the absence of another."

"Bu-"

"Look Aahana, I know you want to go, but I can't leave the office with no supervision, so you have to stay. And about going Banglore, the mall will be ready in a few months and I'll take you for the inauguration. At that time you can visit any place you want. Okay?"

"Okay." She nodded quietly and bit her lower lip. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Now back to work please."

Aahana leaped out of the chair and walked to her desk but not before saying, "I'll miss you." Her voice a soft murmur.

His breath hitched and throat felt dry. "I'll be back before you know it."

Aahana felt hurt because she wanted to hear him say he'll miss her too, but, well, if this was what she was getting than she'd take it. At least he wasn't giving her silent treatment.

She smiled and nodded.

There wasn't much of work as it was a Monday morning and the few meetings Atharva had were rescheduled because of his trip.

He was to leave in an hour and a half. His bags were already packed and kept in his car, so was Pranav's.

"Atharva?" Aahana called after some time with a curious look. "Do you give your staff holidays?"

"Of course." Atharva rolled his eyes. "I am not that cruel."

"No, I mean from your side. Like trips to places or clubs for a day or two?"

"Uh, no?"

Aahana narrowed her eyes. "And here you tell me you are not cruel."

"I never thought about that."

"What a boss. You should be applauded." She muttered sarcastically with the roll of her eyes.

"Don't tell me you don't give them bonuses on occasions of Dussehra, Diwali, Holi and other festivals."

"Hey, I am not that bad! I do give them bonuses. Also, when they do a good job, they get a raise." Atharva gave her an icy glare, his arms crossed in defence.

"Oh, thank goodness!"

"So, what are you trying to say?"

"After you come back, we are giving holidays to our employees. 5 days trip to Goa."

"What? It's a huge loss." His eyebrows shot up in bewilderment.

"No, it is not. They are working 24/7, so they need to relax if you want fast productivity."

"Fine. But 3 days." Atharva considered and nodded.

"Okay, greedy boss." Aahana teased.

"I agreed." He huffed and glanced at his watch. He packed his important files and stood up from his chair. "Ok, I have to leave now."

Aahana nodded and followed after him as they exited the building.

"Click lots of pictures and send me."

"I am going to work Aahana."

"Please."

"We'll see."

They halted in front of his car and Pranav opened the door for him but before he could enter inside, Aahana grabbed his arm and made him turn towards her. He gave a questioning look but she smiled and took out her phone and before he could know what the real heck was happening, he heard a click sound.

"Did you just take my picture?"

She nodded gleefully. "Now I don't have to miss you."

"You are crazy."

"I am and now that you know it, let's take one together?"

He didn't get to utter any word of protest before Aahana was already standing beside him and grinning at the camera while he was glaring at her in irritation. The picture turned out to be really adorable.

Aahana smiled. "So cute, just like you." She pinched his cheeks and held out her hand.

"What now?" He scowled, rubbing his right cheek with the pad of his fingers.

"Your phone."

He arched a brow. "Why?"

"Just give."

He frowned and handed it to her reluctantly. There was no passcode and she immediately sent him their picture on WhatsApp and made it his screen saver.

"Woah. This looks so amazing," she said with a huge smile and waved it in front of Atharva's face.

"What th-"

"Shh." She threw her arms around his neck and embraced him tenderly. "Now you won't miss me."

Subconsciously he cocooned into her. "I wasn't going to miss you."

She snorted. "I hate liars."

"Maybe a little because there won't be anyone to irritate me."

She pulled away and grinned. "Don't you worry about that. I'll call you daily and irritate you for hours. Now we don't want you to get late, do we? Get in get in." She ushered him inside and closed his door.

The driver started the car and soon they disappeared out of her sight.

She swallowed and closed her eyes to stop the tears that were threatening to spill.

She felt someone squeeze her shoulder and she whirled around to face Maria. "Are you okay?"

Aahana nodded. "Yes, I am fine."

"Things between you and him are changing." She smiled with a knowing look.

Aahana blushed slightly and nodded. "Yeah, baby steps."

Sorry for the short update after a long time. I promise to post chapter 27 today. ☺ Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19M 646K 70
Love is Sacrifice. โ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else โž Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...
109K 14.3K 51
Too old. Too tall. Too rich. Too out of my league. That's Aryan Arora, the billionaire CEO for me. But apparently, he is the perfect marri...
3.8M 182K 73
" HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HURT MY SON??" he shouted at her, his eyes bloodshot. "DON'T SHOW ME THAT FAKE TEARS OF YOURS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST MASKING YOU...
988K 44.1K 38
Ishita Gupta is a Delhi based college going girl who is very shy and timid in nature. She is very much loved by her family and her best friend whom s...