GONE

By AlYahya25

When 4 detectives disappear in less than a year, the situation becomes critical. So when Rick Curt is forced... More

WELCOME TO COUNTYVILLE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
THE LAST CHAPTER (30)
I Need Your Help!!!!!!!

CHAPTER 22

116 9 0
By AlYahya25

It was 7:15. He was wearing his clothes, looking his best because he is going on a date with Serena today. They told him that she liked men with suits so he is going fancy tonight.

While buttoning his shirt his phone buzzed he put it on loudspeaker in order to listen while he is dressing.

"What do you want? I am busy"

"You are going on a date with her?"

"Yeah, man," he answered, "it took me long enough plus I figured out that I really like her"

"When did you find out your love for her?"

"I always knew that I loved her but after our fight, I couldn't hold it anymore"

"You always fight, why that time?"

He frowned, "I don't know, man. I don't control my feelings"

"Feelings, ha, I have a surprise for you, you don't have any"

"OK, listen to me, I know why you are angry, but I like her and we are going out. Deal with it"

He finished buttoning his shirt and he was now choosing a watch

"Choose the black one"

He frowned, "What? How did you know what I am doing?"

Then he heard someone whispering from behind him, "Goodbye, Sam"

He rolled Sam's head making his neck crack and Sam fell on the floor, dead.

"You made me do this," he paused "you caused your own death"

_______________________________

She was sitting at Bingo wishing death with every passing minute. She looked at her phone, it was 8:05 and prince charming hasn't come, yet.

Then she felt someone sitting on the seat "people say hello before sitting, you know" she looked up and frowned "Rick?!"

He sat frowning and gritting his teeth,

She cleared her throat, "I would love to sit with you but I am not quite free tonight"

"Yeah, you have a date with Sam"

She couldn't look at his​ eyes so she stared at the floor, "You know too"

"EVERYONE KNOWS," he leaned on the table "I just want to know what could make you want to go on a date with a gang leader?"

She looked at him, "a dare"

He raised an eyebrow, "what?"

She shrugged, "a dare. I was dared to go on a date with him"

He sat down again and started blinking, "why didn't you refuse?"

"I don't refuse dares, never did and never will. It's my rule"

"Sometimes rules should be broken"

She smiled, "not this one"

He stood up took her wrist and started walking while grabbing her behind him. She shouted but he didn't stop so she gained all of her strength to stand still and actually succeeded.

"What do you think yourself doing?" She shouted at his face.

"Stopping you from doing a stupid mistake"

"And who do you think yourself are?"

"Someone who loves you" he shouted.

The next few minutes were spent in silence. They were both trying to gain their breath while thinking about what was just said.

"Wh... What? Did you just say that you love me?"

He scratched the back of his head, "y... Yeah"

She was happy until she remembered that he is probably like the previous ones. That he only likes her cause of her look not because of who she was. He can't love her for who she was, he doesn't know her.

"Go home, Rick," was her reply "you must be tired"

He stood there speechless. He wasn't expecting that answer from her. His conscious was regained when he saw her going back to Bingo.

"Wait, wait, what does that suppose to mean?" He said standing in front of her.

"That means that I think that you are tired"

"Serena, I just told you that I love you so you either reject me or accept me"

"Do you, Rick? How do you love me? You only saw me for like 5 days, when did you love me? You are just like the others, you like me for my look, not for anything else"

She walked beside him but he held her wrist and grabbed her that they were almost touching, "if I only love you for your look, will I think about you all the time. If I only love you for your look, will I search for your innocence evidence? If I only love you for your look will I do this?"

He took her face and kissed her. He was the first one to do it after Johnny. It was magical. It was amazing. It was love.

When they broke off, many things were expected but not Serena crying.

She hugged him and started crying for a while and then she was silent. They broke off and he cupped her face

"Are you OK?"

She nodded.

"Why did you cry?"

"B... because I love you"

He wrinkled his nose, "why would that make you cry?"

"It has been a while since I ever loved someone"

He took her in another hug then they went and sat at Bingo.

"We still have a problem, you know?"

Rick wrinkled his nose "what would that be?"

"My date is half an hour late"

"Serena"

"Yeah"

"If you called him your date again, bad things will happen"

She smiled, "Alright tough man"

"Your date is so late, don't you think so?"

They looked at the source of the voice to find an angry Daniel staring at Serena.

"Yeah, I wonder where he is" Serena replied.

"Why Serena? Why? You could have refused," Daniel asked with hurt in his voice.

"What happened happened Daniel. Don't think too much about it"

He crouched next to her and said in desperation, "You refused me and accepted him. How could you, Serena?"

Rick was about to teach him a lesson if Serena hasn't pressed on his hand which she was holding for a while.

She looked at him with pity and said, "Listen to me Daniel, I like you a lot but as my brother and nothing more. I never thought of you as anything more than that and I never will. I always loved you because I know that there is good in you. I know that you are not like your brother, that's why I take you as a brother. But I am sorry I will never look at you differently"

After her speech, he left sad and disappointed leaving behind him a very jealous boyfriend.

"Listen to me," Rick told Serena between gritted teeth "if anyone else declared his love to you, I will kill him"

She smirked, "Are you jealous, detective?"

"VERY MUCH"

She looked at her watch, "I should go home, now"

"OK, let's go"

"Where are you going?"

"Taking you home"

She shrugged, "you don't have to"

"Yes, I do and it's not about what I have to do it's about what I should do and want to do"

She shrugged again, "OK"

He put his arm around her shoulder and walked her to her door.

"By the way, tomorrow people will talk about us just as they talked about the jinx thing. Doesn't that make you angry?"

"Actually, there is a difference"

She raised her eyebrow, "and what is that?"

He took her in his arms, "I don't mind people talking about how madly in love I am with you"

"Will you promise me?" She asked in a whisper.

"Anything"

"That you will never leave me alone"

"I promise"

They lived a moment which was one of the happiest that they ever lived.

He was going with her to the door, "where are you going?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I promised that I will never leave you alone, didn't I?"

"Go home, detective"

"But...."

She pointed to the street, "Home, now"

He smiled, gave her a kiss on the cheek and then left.

Serena entered with happiness in her heart but she had to wonder. Will it last?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673 270 32
Just when they thought about ending the case, I made my preparation of beginning the chase and that's where I always won, for I never stopped when th...
3.1K 613 19
ONC Ambassador's Pick & Shortlister! Rumors. Infidelity. Lies. Secrets. MURDER. And all before lunch time. Who knew being a socialite in 1951 could b...
480 47 14
Heather Marlow. . . She was one basic woman in her mid 30s. Nothing really fascinated her after moving from her hometown Houghton to the big city of...
4.2K 791 31
-MYSTERY- I'm dead. Deceased. Definitely not breathing. Laying in my favorite striped bikini, the one that fit the absolute best, and showed off m...