Darling

By demetria_ehxox

"How long?" Freddy stepped up. Everyone else was distraught. "Looking at the results, a couple of months. Thr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The tale
Chapter 2 - The manor
Chapter 3 - You only live once
Chapter 4 - This is just a dream
Chapter 5 - Frederick and Elizabeth
Chapter 6 - Will they hit me?
Chapter 7 - I will have a date
Chapter 8 - The Dance
Chapter 10 - They are
Chapter 11 - What does it mean?
Chapter 12 - My world stopped
Chapter 13- My world turned on its axis
Chapter 14 - Calming me
Chapter 15 - What's so good about being a vampire?
Chapter 16 - My decision
Chapter 17 - Daddy's little girl
Chapter 18 - Saving all my energy
Chapter 19 - You?
Chapter 20 - Full of hunger and need
Chapter 21 - You may kiss
Chapter 22 - Please don't leave
Chapter 23 - The fire that burns
Chapter 24 - The viking
Chapter 25 - Will Count Dracula join?
Chapter 26 - The same year
Chapter 27- I give it to you
Epilogue
Writers comment
sequel! - Angel

Chapter 9 - What attacked you?

2.5K 64 2
By demetria_ehxox

“What? What’s wrong? Oh my god.” Ryan was shouting, then his voice dropped to a mere whisper. I was too in shock to move.

I heard him speak to the ambulance crew, I didn't even hear him call them. Sitting beside Ali, I begged her to talk to me. The crew came over, and they were about to put her neck in a brace and then I saw it. Her neck was from where the blood was coming from. A vampire did this. Images flashed through my mind, who did this?

I was finding it hard to breath, but slowly I found my voice as the paramedics asked who will accompany Ali. Although Ryan wanted to go, he let me past. Climbing into the ambulance, someone grabbed my arm, turning Carlisle stood there, concern shone in his face. “Are you okay?” He pulled me in a hug. At first I was about to hug him back, but then I remembered; he is one.

Going stiff in his arms, he pulled back to gaze at me. “Leave me alone.” I ran from him and climbed in the ambulance. Holding my best friends hand, I watched as her heart stopped beating. I was pushed back as they brought the crash kit over and used the CPR apparatus to get her heart starting once more.

The doors were wide open, and Ryan was inside the vehicle once more. Police cars turned up and the officers were pushing the bystanders back. Ali’s heart started to beat again, but it was faint. The doors were slammed shut and we were off.

The journey passed quickly as all I could do was stare at her. Her left hand was being held by both of mine. Tears were falling from my eyes but I felt nothing.

She’s my best friend, and I couldn’t protect her. My phone kept vibrating, but I ignored it.

When we reached the hospital, it was like every film. She was being rushed inside, with me by her side. We were taken to a large room and they began to stitch up her neck wound. I was told to wait in the hall; I knew there was nothing I could do. Stepping towards the door, I looked at my best friend once again. They were sticking needles in her arms, tabs over her heart and started to hang the blood bag above her head.

Looking through the glass window Carlisle, Ryan, Freddy, Elizabeth and Ali’s parents were in the hall. I got an overwhelming wash of anger run over my body. Why are they here?

Wiping my flat hair of my head, I felt my head feel wet. Looking at my hands I saw Ali’s blood. Oh my god. I need to wash this off.

Pushing the doors open Ali’s mum ran to me first. I was surrounded by a ring of people. “What did they say? They won’t tell us anything!” I looked down at my hands. “She has a cut on her head, so they have to wait for her to wake up to see how bad the damage is. She is currently getting a blood transfusion for her high amount of lost blood and her neck is being stitched up.” A couple of gasps were heard.

“Neck? What? Who did this to her?” I looked up at Carlisle, my gaze hard. “They think its an animal. If you will excuse me.” Pushing out of the ring, I made my way to the toilets. Standing over the sink I looked at my gaunt less face in the mirror.

My makeup was smudged and was running down my face. A smear of blood was bright on my forehead. My hands were caked in it as well. My white skirt was stained as well. My tights were ripped, and my hair had lost its bulkiness. I looked a mess.

Going into one of the stalls I pulled some of the tissue out of the dispenser, wetting it I began to scrub of the blood. Next to go was the makeup. My skin was left a bright red from the scrubbing, with patches of grey from where the makeup was too strong. The door pushed open, and I didn't think much of it, that was until the lock clicked into place.

Looking in the mirror Carlisle stood there. “You do know this is a girls bathroom. Right?” He nodded, I didn't know the emotion on his face. “Baby, I know what you are thinking, but I-”

“You what? What am I thinking Carlisle because I have no clue! My best friend is in hospital with a possibility of dying all because of a stupid vampire, and now I have one standing in front of me.” I didn't meant to be so harsh- actually wait. I did. I am angry, and I am aloud to be.

“I was with you all night. I swear it wasn’t me, and I will help you find who it is. If there is another vampire here; they have to go. Baby, please believe me. I was with you, apart from when you said you were going to the toilet then you disappeared. You scared me, I was asking everyone where you were. It didn't help the music being so loud I couldn’t hear much. I thought you were indoors somewhere, I didn't open my hearing.”

I sighed and sagged against the row of sinks. I knew he was with me all night, but Freddy and Elizabeth weren’t. I wasn’t about to go accusing Carlisle’s best and most trustful friends when they most likely could hear me.

The day became too much, and I couldn’t hold myself up anymore. Falling to the ground, I was caught before officially collapsing. Carlisle’s arm came around me and gently placed me on his lap while sitting on the floor. Vampire speed.

Leaning against his chest, his hand came up to stroke the lower part of my back, calming me slightly. “Thank you for not letting me fall.” I mumbled. I felt him kiss the top of my head. “I will never let you fall baby.”

I remember drifting asleep.

-

“How is she?” A voice came out of the darkness, I think it was Carlisle’s. Who was he asking about? “She will be okay. She should wake today or tomorrow. She lost a lot of blood. Is she your girlfriend?” I sensed the jealous tone of what must have been a nurse.

A hand came up and stroked my hair. “Yes. She’s had a long day, she’s Ali’s best friend and was the one to find her.” His voice came out soft, sad maybe.

“I see. Well I will leave you.” He mumbled a thanks and I decided it was time to get up. My stomach did growl at me after all. Opening my eyes I realised I was curled up on Carlisle’s lap. My head rested on his chest under his head.

Lifting my head away from him, I looked around the room. Ali’s mother was asleep in the chair on the other side of the room and Ryan was still here; sleeping also. I was starting to like Ryan.

Ali was small in the large bed. A big white bandage was wrapped around her neck, a tube connecting from the inside of her elbow to a drip of blood. A double tube sat under her nose for oxygen. My poor Ali. Getting off Carlisle’s lap, I didn't even look at his face as went to sit on the edge of Ali’s bed.

Taking her hand in my own, I used my other hand to brush the blonde hair that felt in front of her face out of the way. I felt a tear fall from my eye and roll down my cheek.

“She’s going to be okay. The doctor said she is making great progress Darling. Come, you need to eat.” Carlisle’s hand lightly was placed on my shoulder. I was about to say no, I wanted to say that Ali needed me, but my stomach growled lightly causing a chuckle from Carlisle.

Spending so much time around a vampire, makes you forget to eat. Sighing, I promised Ali inside my mind that I will be back before she awakes. The clock read half eleven and surprisingly the canteen was shut. It was a low budget hospital after all.

“How about a drive thru?” Carlisle asked while looking at a McDonalds leaflet. Seeing as the canteen wasn’t always open, it had leaflets showing what places were.

Nodding we were on our way. We were out of the small town and into the town over. No surprise. Sitting silently in the seat, my legs were brought up and my head rested on my knees. How could I think about eating in a time like this?

We pulled into McDonalds and followed the drive thru. “What do you fancy?” He asked lightly, it was the first time we spoke since leaving the hospital. I shrugged. I didn't know.

My mind blocked out as I thought only of seeing Ali lying on the ground. Was there anything I missed? But then again there was so many places to hide. Right beside us was the beginning to the never ending woods. Giving anyone the perfect amount of time to run.

Time passed so quickly, in my trance. I noticed this when a large bag was placed on my lap. The engine cut off and Carlisle grabbed my hand.

“Baby, talk to me please.” Carlisle’s voice was light, pained maybe. Looking at him, I felt my eyes not focus fully. “You need to eat. Please.” I nodded, still not saying anything.

I realised Carlisle bought the food, I didn't question money. He bought most things. Two large bags were now on my lap. The cup holders held a large coke, a mcflurry and a bottle of water was on his lap. “I didn't know what you wanted so I er… got food.” Inside the bags, burgers, chips, and boxes of nuggets came into view. Even a salad.

Although I didn't want to eat; I knew I had to. Pulling out a big mac, I began eating it. My hunger took over and shortly it was all gone. I am attractive, demolishing a burger in thirty seconds. Eating some chips, I took a sip of coke.

“Thanks.” I mumbled once again. “The goddess does speak then.” I heard him laugh and it made me laugh. “Sorry for eating so fast. I couldn’t help it.”  Again I laughed.

“I don’t mind Darling. You are still beautiful, and still have to eat the rest.” My jaw dropped. “I am not eating all of this.”

“Yes you are Darling. You do not waste food. I never did.” I didn't know whether he meant from when he was human or being a vampire and killing after but I still shook my head. “There is so much food in here. I wouldn’t even eat this is over day.” A smile was plastered to his face.

“Well Darling, we have all night and all day. I have my necklace and this windows let in as little light as possible. I can sit here for hours never moving.” I tried to see if he was blushing, but I got nothing. He was being deadly serious. “Damn you.” He gave out a bark of laughter.

“I was damned for many years my love.” I shook my head and pulled the double cheeseburger from the bag. It took me a good half an hour and a lot of cursing and groaning and still I only got through one bag.

“Can I save the chicken nuggets for later? Or share them with someone. They are a twenty sharing box? And the salad for the morning?” He laughed but reluctantly nodded. The engine started, the purr was amazing. Sighing with relief, I put the rubbish in its bag and leant out of the open window to throw into the bin.

We left the car park as the clock struck twelve. Now today was Halloween. The party was not allowed to be on a Saturday due to ‘school rules’. More like they didn't want to spend a day of their own time doing up the hall and chaperoning us.

Deciding I needed some sugar, I picked up the nearly melted mcflurry. Carlisle laughed. “I thought you were full?” I laughed and popped the spoon into ice cream, chewing into the crunchie pieces. Laughing at him I shrugged. “I need sugar after this day.” He nodded in agreement.

We headed back to the hospital, it was half twelve upon our arrival.

Heading inside, Ali’s mother was up. She hugged me fiercely and told me she was going to make a call to the other family. They lived far away, meaning the time difference was the key to the call. Ryan was up, and calling his parents informing him where he was. Handing him a box of chicken nuggets he smiled at me.

We went into the room and Ali was alone. Carlisle’s phone rung and he finally learnt how to answer it. He excused his self to stand in the hall.

Walking closer to Ali, I saw her shift lightly. Her eye lids fluttered. Running to her side I took her hand. “Ali, Its baby. Open your eyes. Please.” Her blue eyes came into view.

“Whe-where am ?” Her eyes were wide, and she gazed around the room. “You are in the hospital sweetie. You were attacked. What attacked you? I need to know.”

Her hand lifted to the side of her neck,  feeling the bandages that sat over the punctured wounds.

“A vampire.”

So i thought i would update again. I started wiritng and couldnt stop ahaha. This is more of a filler but... Ali knows. Oh no! What will happen! 

Comment what you think! 

Comment, vote, follow. Thank you

Luna <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 3.2K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...
302K 3.3K 11
** Winner of The Watty's 2014: Collector's Dream Award ** ** This is a true story. Now FULLY edited ** I was diagnosed with Cancer a week...
2.3M 126K 36
I'd Like to think I was a good person, before it all began. I didn't cheat on tests, or steal. But throughout my entire life, I was treated if I wer...
19 0 14
Heatwave and Quickshadow are a happily married couple and they live in Fort Worth Texas. Heatwave is a firefighter and Quickshadow is a pediatric onc...