You, Me & Zombies || Book 1 (...

By CloudZephyr

Book cover by @hoshidos Highest rank: #38 16/7/2017 "Woah, woah! Is that what I get for saving your life?" He... More

Chapter 1: Bloodlings
Chapter 2: Zach
Chapter 3: Denville
Chapter 4: Shots Fired
Chapter 5: Life Has Changed
Chapter 6: Into The Water
Chapter 7: Ervy
Chapter 8: Ten
Chapter 9: Your Words
Chapter 10: Ready To Shoot
Chapter 11: Terry
Chapter 12: Get-To-Know Game
Chapter 13: The Carnival
Chapter 14: My Best Friend
Chapter 15: Red Caught My Attention
Chapter 16: Clowns
Chapter 17: Stitches
Chapter 18: Clinton
Chapter 19: I'm Clumsy
Chapter 20: She's My Sister!
Chapter 21: What Kind Of Favour?
Chapter 22: I'm Not Going
Chapter 23: Completely Easy
Chapter 24: You're Such A Bad Liar!
Chapter 26: The Jerk Is Back
Chapter 27: Shocked
Chapter 28: We Came Back
Chapter 29: I Like Him
Chapter 30: The Real Story
Chapter 31: That Time Of The Month or Periods
Chapter 32: I Can't Lose You Too
Chapter 33: I'll Always Be Here, For You
Chapter 34: I'm In
Author's Note
Sequel
You, Me & The Cure
Bonus Chapter: Interview With Arissa and Jethra

Chapter 25: Emerald and Blue Eyes

208 12 33
By CloudZephyr

KAYLA

"You guys wait here, I'll go get the walkie-talkies." Clarke said.

"Okay."

While Clarke took the walkie-talkies from Sabrina, Arissa explained some stuff to us.

Arissa cleared her throat. "Let's get some things out of the way here. So, I'm pretty sure you guys know Denville."

Zach nodded. "Yeah. They kidnapped us."

"Wow. Okay..." Arissa looked at Zach. "Denville tried to raid us last week. They tried to take over Clinton like all the other communities. But we didn't let that happen, of course."

Teresa sighed. "I don't know them but, you guys seem to really hate them. So I'm on your side."

Arissa nodded. "Good."

"Sometimes I wonder," Alice started. "Who actually runs that community?"

We all shrugged.

A couple minutes later, Clarke came out with five walkie-talkies. He handed us all one each. After leaving Sabrina's apartment, we all had lunch at the West Cafe since it was the nearest to her apartment. I sat next to Clarke with Zach in front of me.

"Kayla."

I stopped eating my porridge and turned to look at Clarke. "Yep?"

His eyes met mine and we stared at eachother for awhile. He had beautiful emerald eyes but not as beautiful as Z-

Zach coughed. "I need some water." He stood up and went to get a drink.

"Someone's jelly." Alice mumbled.

I broke my gaze at Clarke. "What?"

Alice continued eating her food. "Nothing."

Taylor flipped her ponytail. "I'm so happy you've found someone Kayla. Now I can have Zach all to myself." She smirked.

"Wait what?"

Taylor motioned her head to Clarke and I immediately blushed like a red tomato.

"Zach is s-"

Alice was cut off when Zach came back and spilled some water on her pants.

"Whoops. Sorry, didn't see you there." He sat down.

"Zach!" Alice glared at him. "Now people are gonna think I peed in my pants."

"Good."

Teresa elbowed him at the stomach.

He groaned. "Did I ever mention," he took a deep breath. "You have a sharp elbow?"

"I take that as a compliment." She smiled sarcastically.

"Someone, if you can hear me." He looked up. "Help me."

I choked on my water.

.
.
.

The rest of the day, Clarke and Arissa gave us a tour of Clinton. He held my hand most of the time when a place gets crowded. He showed us the garden, the store, where they get they're food and etc. Taylor walked with Zach the whole time. Sometimes I could hear Zach mumble something like 'help me' or 'go away' to Taylor. But she ignored them and continued hugging him. Then, we had our dinner and headed back to our apartments.

Arissa yawned. "Goodnight guys."

"Good night Arissa." I said.

Teresa and Taylor went in their apartments too.

Alice stretched her arms. "I'm going in first."

Me and Zach nodded.

Zach tapped on my shoulder. "How long are you gonna be out
here?"

"I'll come in soon just go first." I motioned my head to the door.

He did a sideways glance at Clarke before nodding at me, and went in.

Now it was just me and Clarke.

"So..." He said as he put his hands in his pocket.

I smiled and gave a kiss on his cheek. "Goodnight Clarke."

I heard something fall in my apartment but it wasn't glass or anything. I immediately went in, leaving a blushing Clarke outside.

What I didn't expect to see was Zach on the floor massaging his head.

"How on earth did you fall off the sofa?" I held back my laughter.

"Ow.." he stood up and sat back on the sofa. "I don't know. I just thought I saw you kiss Clarke on the cheek."

"I did."

He fell off the sofa again.

I helped him up this time. I took a seat next to him on the sofa and leaned on his shoulder.

"Thanks Zach." I said.

"For what?"

I shut my eyes. "For being my bestfriend."

.
.
.

1:46a.m.

Knock. Knock.

My eyes immediately shot open.

I was outside in the living room. My head was resting on Zach's lap. He was peacefully sleeping.

Knock. Knock.

Not wanting to wake Zach and Alice, I stood up and sprinted to the door.

I opened it to see Clarke, hands in his pocket. His hair was still messy.

"Hi." He leaned on the door frame.

I rubbed my eyes and put my hands on my hips and smirked. "Hello."

"I wanna show you something."

I blinked. "At, what? 1am?" I looked at the window.

He laughed at my reaction. "It  looks better at this time."

His laugh made the butterflies in my stomach go up.

"Fine."

He smiled. "C'mon. Follow me."

I followed him upstairs which led to the roof. I probably walked too slow since he grabbed my hand and walked faster.

Once we were on the roof the view of Clinton was breathtaking. Candles lit up around the whole community. I could even see the herd from here."Look up." He said and smiled.

I gasped as I looked up at the shining stars.

I covered my mouth as I smiled. "It's beautiful."

His smiled grew wider. "Yeah." But his eyes weren't looking at the stars.

Me and Clarke hanged out on the roof for awhile before I got tired and needed sleep. I nearly fell but Clarke caught me.

I yawned. "I'm tired."

"Can you walk?"

I tried but I felt dizzy and shook my head. "Nope."

Clarke suddenly lifted me on his back. "Then it's your lucky day!"

I wrapped my hands around his neck. "Am I not heavy?" I laughed.

"Kayla," he said. "You're as light as a feather."

Clarke carried me to my apartment door.

"Alright." He placed me down and smiled.  "Good night."

"Good night Clarke." I waved him goodbye before going in.

Once I was in, I had two choices. I stood there for awhile and thought.

Sleep in my room, or...

Sleep on the sofa next to Zach.

I was too lazy to walk to my room because I might just end up hitting something on the way since I was too sleepy. So I ended up sleeping next to Zach on the sofa. 

I slowly rested my head on his lap.

I was about to fall asleep when I felt a hand suddenly stroking my hair.

____________________________________
A/N: I loved writing this chapter 😂 and WOAH THAT FRIENDZONE THO

So which team are you guys on?

Team Claryla

Or

Team Zayla?

The ship that gets the most vote, I'll make a smol cute scene that'll include the ship. *Wink wink*

Okay byeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249 0 14
*NOTE*: This is a rewrite of "Loving the Undead" and no sequel. If you want to know why this book is being rewritten, check the corresponding announc...
45.6K 1.5K 45
"I hate everyone." "Except me, right?" "No, especially you." โŽปโŽปโŽปโŽปโŽปโŽปโŽปโŽปโŽปโŽป It's funny, isn't it? That when the whole world decides to become infected wi...
538K 12.5K 63
Mary is four, and running, running, running. Running from the monsters, the terror. Running for her life, in no real direction. Then she meets a man...
1.7K 292 24
*Editing* Sophia's life had been pretty normal up until this point, Of course she's went through the normal teenage drama, her own personal problems...