CEO

By jkharrystyles

Harry Edward Styles is a very wealthy, successful, young CEO of his own business Styles Inc. His life seems... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73*
74
75
76
77
78
79*
80
81
82
83
84*
85
86*
Sequel

26

49K 1.4K 1.3K
By jkharrystyles

Eve POV

I got "suspended" for two weeks.

I never gotten in trouble in my life and the first time I do is because I took a nap and didn't wake up.

My "suspension" starts tomorrow. Today is my last time being in the office for two weeks.

It's not like a need the money or anything. Harry told me it's "business" and not "personal", which I understand.

The beginning of the month is where i try to make as much money as I can for rent. I'm going to be picking up shifts at the diner like crazy these two weeks.

I'm at home getting ready for work when my phone goes off.

Harry: wanna go out tonight?

Me: can't I have to work

Harry: on a Thursday?

Me: yes

Harry: you never work at the diner on Thursdays

Me: I'm have tooooooo for 2 weeks

Harry: :/

Me: what's the :/ face for

Harry: because i suspended you

Me: "work" Harry did

Harry: still

Me: sTiLl

Harry: you're mad at me aren't you?

Me: I'm mad at work Harry

Harry: ...I've been letting you get away with lot Eve. The other interns are complaining im favouriting you

Me: ._.

Me: when have u favoured me?

Me: going to lunch with me once a week ???

Harry: letting you not come in on your days when you're only allowed to miss 12 days and you've missed 8, but I haven't taken the days off of your total

Me: wow

Me: thank you

Me: ...don't do me any favours

Harry: why are you getting pissy at me?

Harry: you asked and I told you

Me: that's your choice to "favour" me , I never asked you to not doc off my days

Me: but if the other interns want to bitch and moan about it then they can go a head. I doubt they have financial struggles that make them take off of work

Me: I have to go now

Harry: are you mad at me?

Me: depends

Harry: depends?

Me: goodbye

I lock my phone and put it in my purse. I say goodbye to Doug and leave my apartment. I lock the door behind me and walk down the hallway that leads to the elevator.

***

It's midnight now and I'm wrapping up my night shift. Kris is waiting for me and we're going to leave together since it's safer in the city to walk with a friend, at this time of night.

"So your boyfriend suspended you?" My friend asks as I clock out. We were chatting about "what's new".

"He's still not my boyfriend." I say.

"You guys have been going out and stuff for one month. You haven't made it official?"

"I doubt we are for a while." I say honestly.

"What do you mean?" Kris asks.

"I don't know if he see's me like that yet. I know he has something in his past that he won't tell me about. But I don't know, he calls me his friend still. I don't think that is a good thing."

"I mean." She pauses. "Have you asked?" My eyes narrow at my friend.

"No."

"Just ask him to be honest with you." I slip on my coat and Kris shrugs. "Please don't let another guy walk all over you or play mind games. There is nothing wrong with asking how he feels about you."

"I suppose." We exit the diner and walk to the parking lot where are cars are parked at.

"Do you guys hold hands?"

"Sometimes." I murmur.

"Kiss?"

"Eh." I say.

"Cuddle?" My friend asks. Her eyes look at me like I'm crazy.

"No." I say. She shrugs.

"Do you guys touch at all?" Kris asks.

"Our hands touch sometimes by accident." I say humorously making her chuckle. "We're taking things slow."

"No, you guys are like fucking nervous 2nd graders." My friend argues. "Taking it slow is like not shoving your tongue down the other person's throat on the third date. Or not having sex for a long time. If you guys are interested in one another, you should kiss at least."

"Slow can mean a lot to different people." I come up with.

"There she is again. Justifying the guy like he's right." I stop walking and stare at Kris.

"Why did you have to go low blow?"

"Because as your best friend I'm tired of seeing you think what guys do or say to you is okay. Have your own voice and say what's on your mind."

"I've only justified John, okay?"

"You shouldn't have in the first place, Eve."

"Don't give me a lecture." I say. Her head tilts.

"All I'm saying is that you should just ask Harry how he feels about you. If he doesn't like you then move on. Don't stay."

"Stop hinting everything to John." I spit. "You have no idea what it's like being abused by someone who claims they love you. You have no idea what it's like being afraid to go home after school or work. You have no idea what it's like falling asleep worried that in the middle of the night your boyfriend is fucking you without permission. Once that happens to you feel free to give me some advice." I growl to my friend. I walk away from her and go to up to my apartment .

***

I picked up a shift at the diner in the afternoon, close to evening.

I'm at the foster centre now helping out with then children.

Sophia and I are picking up toys in the play room that are all over the floor. Our other volunteer, Niki, is outside with the children. She's watching them as they play on the playground outside.

"Do you know Liam Payne?" Sophia asks me. Her brown hazel eyes look to me then back to the toys on the floor.

"I do. He's one of my bosses." I speak. "Why?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend last night." She grins. Over the course of me being here Sophia and I have grown close, I would say.

"Congratulations." I say with a smile.

"Thank you." She grins widely. "Liam told me you and Harry are a thing." She brings up. I chuckle.

"I don't know what we are." I say honestly. The automatic doors to the room open and we see two men walk in. My eyebrows furrow  at them.

"Your yearly appearance has already been made." I remark to Harry who rolls his eyes playfully at me.

"Good one." He stands beside me. "Every once and a while I stop by and help." My eyes narrow at him. "I'm being honest. You can ask Paul." Paul is a little five year old here who likes batman and coloring. He's the quietest here, and always cleans up after himself,

Liam and Sophia left the room to check on the teenagers who we tend to leave alone.

"Cool." I murmur. As I'm about to walk away he grabs my hand.

"Why are you still being like this? It's been almost a week." Harry asks.

"Being like what?" I ask while raising one of my eyebrows.

"I don't know, cold?"

"I'm not cold, I'm fairly warm." My hand breaks away from his. I kneel down and pick up the blocks I know no one else will pick up.

"Is it about you being suspended?" Harry asks while helping me.

"No." I say. I understand that he had to do what he had to do as my boss.

"Then what is it?" Harry asks.

"It's us." I say. His head tilts in confusion. "What exactly are we?"

"We go on dates." He says making my eyes roll. "Friends that go on dates? I don't know. Why do you want a label on us?"

"I'd like to know what you think of us." I say.

"We said we were going slow." He brings up.

"I know." I say. "But we've been seeing each other now a month, and I don't know how you view me. You said friend a lot so that's how I think you think of me as."

"I see you as more than a friend, okay?" That doesn't help.

"I know nothing about you." I mention. His green eyes look to me. "You know things about me, why can't I know about you?"

"Because I don't want to talk about it."

"And you think I wanted to talk about me?" I scoff.

"I-" He pauses. "It's different, Eve. You were having a panic attack at the diner."

"And? You could've left me be."

"Why do you always do that? God forbid I wanted to help you."

"I never asked for your help." I mumble.

"You're being petty." I roll my eyes at his comment.

"So me wanting to get to know you is petty?" I ask. "That's all I want Harry. I want it to be equal between us. Like you know something about me and I know something about you."

"I told you I don't have a Dad."

"Like that is equal to having an abusive ex boyfriend." I say making his eyes look into mine.

"I'm not ready to talk about it."

"Did you kill someone?"

"No."

"Were you in jail?"

"No."

"Then what is it? I," I pause. "Never mind."

"No, just say it." Harry says, his voice uneasy.

"I'm tired of always being the one that opens up." I say finally

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I always open up to people who I think care about me, but they never do the same back."

"I care about you, Eve. If I didn't I wouldn't have comforted you at the diner."

"Then tell me something besides your Dad left or that you have a sister." I say. "I ask why are you moving and you push me out, if I fucking wanted that I'd be with John right now." I spit harshly.

"I'm not ready for that right now Eve, I told you."

"Then why are we even going out?" I ask.

"Because I like you."

"And? But you don't want to be open and let me in. That's what relationships are based on." I say. I close my eyes and let out a deep breath.

"What are you thinking?"

"How we should've just stuck to being friends." I say bluntly. My eyes glance to Harry who is slowly picking up the rest of the colourful blocks on the floor.

"I just need more time, Eve."

"I would be more understanding if you told me what I'm waiting for. A boyfriend? Someone who I don't doubt? Someone who lets me in? What?"

"All of the above." Harry says. "Please don't give up on me yet."

"You're not giving me much to hold onto." I say.

"You're the only person who's brought me a form of happiness in six years. I used to wake up every morning already wanting the day to be over with. Now I wake up and I don't feel like that. That's mostly because I can see you during the week, either at work or our dates. I know I'm not being the best right now with my feelings, but I'm getting there, okay? Please just know that."

"Uhuh." His eyes turn soft. I look away from his stare and stand back up.

I put the bin of blocks away and put the coloring books away as well.

I look and see Harry staring at me. He walks over to me and and wraps his arms around my waist. His head rests on my shoulder.

"You only hug me when I'm upset or mad." I observe.

"I," He breaks away from me. "It's easier for me to hug someone when they're upset." He murmurs.

"Why?"

"Because I'd be open to someone otherwise." Harry tells me.

"Don't do me any favours, I don't need a pity hug." His green eyes meet mine. Harry leans into me and I move my head to the side. He sighs and kisses my cheek.

"That wasn't a pity kiss, it was a real one." He informs me.

"Cool." I murmur. His hands cup my cheeks and he presses his lips against mine. It's a slow, but quick kiss.

"I'm sorry." Harry says while rubbing my lower back with his thumb.

"Sure." I mutter. His head shakes and he hugs me again. "Pity hug part two?" I remark.

"Real hug part two." Harry mutters against me. I keep silent. "Thank you for talking to me about how you feel."

"Uhuh." He snickers against me.

"You're cute." I feel his lips kiss my cheek.

My doubts still runs through my mind making me get a headache.

A://N

Hello

Longer chapter because today's my last day of school

Comment goal: 60?????

~lauren

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725K 18.3K 41
Christy Jackson, a girl in desperate need for a job, living with her best friend and mooching off her brothers money, finally realizing that she need...
197K 4.3K 21
Harry: A successful multimillionaire CEO has a manner of perpetually being in control and on time. Despite his CEO reputation and demeanour, there ar...
2.8K 76 11
y/n doesn't have what many would consider a normal job, neither does harry. being the ceo of a well established company creates a wall between Harry...
24.3K 1.3K 11
From an intern running coffee while still in school, to second in command at one of the best realty companies in London - Lighthouse Real Estate had...