At Last---A Jassian Fanfiction

By 1luVbacon

We survived. Even after Scarif, we continue surviving. May the Force bless K-2SO for saving us. The others we... More

Greetings
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Epilogue

221 11 18
By 1luVbacon

Jyn and Cassian's life together was one of both tremendous joy and immense struggles.

After their marriage, they lived a life of bliss, ignorant to the growing strong of the soon-to-be First Order.

As planned, their base was moved to D'Qar which meant they would be leaving the Rogue One memorial plaque behind.

It was a rough parting but Jyn and Cassian knew that their friends were always watching after them from the starts.

Within the first 7 years of the married life, the First Order had finally become the threat Snoke had claimed to Jyn years before. Because of this, Jyn and Cassian decided it was best to not have children, not wanting their offspring to struggle if anything were to happen to them as they did when they were very young.

Still, they both stayed strong and happy for each other, just as in love as they were the day they were married.

Jyn and Cassian would age gracefully, along side others such as Han and Leia. Jyn's small amount of wrinkles would frame her beautiful, toothy smile and Cassian's gorgeous hair would become white as Hoth's snow and made him look more handsome than ever.

They witnessed a once tiny Ben grow into a young man, off the train as a Jedi with Luke, who would also grow to be the best of friends with Jyn. Luke's disappearance later on would forever leave a mark on her heart. She lead many campaigns aiming to find him.

Cassian became very close to Ben as he grow through his youth, up until his departure with Luke and the other padawans. "Next time I see you, you'll be a kick ass Jedi.", were the last words Cassian would ever speak to him. A scar would remain in his soul from Ben's atrocities committed to the padawans and his jointing of the First Order.

Through all these hardships, they remained confident and happy, supporting each other through it all.

One lucky day, about 10 years afterthought were married, a baby boy was found in the hangar, right next to Cassian's ship. Not knowing who it belonged to, Cassian took the baby to Leia. Leia proposed that Jyn and Cassian raise the baby as their own, knowing they had always wanted to have one.

Jyn and Cassian more than happily accepted the child, raising him to the best of their abilities.

Jyn taught him the values and strengths he would need to survive in their tough galaxy and Cassian taught him everything there is to know about combat and especially, piloting.

Their son would grow to be the Resistance's greatest pilot.

His name was Poe.

Upon the discovery of Rey, the new hope of the Resistance, Jyn and Cassian were overjoyed, knowing that there was an even greater chance at finding Luke and defeating the First Order.

Although, shortly afterwards, they would once again be left grief stricken, especially Jyn, after hearing of the brutal death of Han Solo, her ultimate partner in crime. Cassian, however, was even more stricken by the fact that it was his little Benny that killed his own father.

Sadly, because of the psychological affects of all they have endured, both Jyn and Cassian felt at times that it would have been better if they died along with their comrades in Scarif. It was a feeling that always left after realizing that they still had each other and it was the only thing they ever needed, not to mention people like Leia and their son.

K-2SO would stay by Cassian's side forever, always being his second in command. And of course, he and Jyn would always remain sassy asses to each other.

Cassian and Jyn rose through the ranks, becoming influential council to Leia during strategical meetings. Leia herself claims them to be her most trusted council, a claim which Jyn jokingly denies.

Now, Cassian and Jyn stand in front of the Rogue One memorial plaque on Yavin IV, almost 30 years after it was built. They had graciously been granted a leave of absence by Leia after asking to come back here to see the plaque after so long.

"Can you believe it?", says Jyn, her arm wrapped around Cassian's waist as they stood in awe of the plaque, "It looks like it was built yesterday!"

The plaque stood untouched by time or nature, looking brand new.

"I know, it's so weird.", replied Cassian in confusion.

Suddenly, as it did years before, the names of Bodhi, Chirrut, and Baze lit up brightly, signaling to the couple that after almost 30 years of both pleasures and struggles, they still watched over them.

"You know, they would have been proud.", says Cassian, reminding Jyn of his similar saying all those years ago, when their romance was only the bud of a rose.

"They are proud. They are still here. I can feel it.", said Jyn with a bright smile.

"You're right.", said Cassian, smiling  down at his lovely wife.

"I know. I'm always right.", joked Jyn, causing them both to laugh.

"You know, normally, I would have been so broken down by...at the bad news lately...unable to have any will to live but...I don't. And that's because you are here. You keep me alive, Cass.", said Jyn, looking up at her husband with adoration in her eyes.

"I'll always be here for you, Jyn.", he said, bringing his wife closer to his side.

"And you always have been.", she replied.

"If you told me I would have this life with you 30 years ago, I would have laughed in your face and told you to shut the fûck up.", he says, them laughing at the truth in his statement.

"You know, I'm gonna tell you my little secret.", said Jyn, Cassian raising an eyebrow," Even though I acted like I hated you at first, I'd been falling for you since I first laid eyes on you."

Cassian smirked with confidence.

"What can I say? I'm hard to resist.", he joked.

"Well I'm glad you are because I cant imagine myself being married to any other cocky bastard but you.", she said, kissing her dear husband.

"Jyn, we've dealt with so much shit. So much. And I thought I had it tough when I was young.", he said, shaking his head," Boy, was I wrong. But that's okay because I have you. I have K2. I have Poe. I have a lot."

"And you know what? We're gonna face a lot more in the future but that's okay because if there's one thing the First Order can't kill or take away, it's love. And we've got a shit ton of it.", said Jyn, holding Cassian close and leading him toward the ship to leave.

They walked off to the ship, the sun of Yavin IV going down behind them, leaving a sky of pinks and oranges.

They were right. They were going to see and face a lot more incredible occurrences and there were many more battles to be won but that was fine because after all...

They were rebels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:

I hope you guys liked it.

I only just realized while writing his just how hard Jyn and Cassian's life would have been, had they actually survived Scarif and how much shit they would have seen.

If you haven't noticed, I followed along with The Force Awakens and it's accurate, I think.

You like how I threw in Poe there?? I thought I would have been cute.

Anyways, I loved writing this story and I hope you guys enjoyed it.

The story officially ended with the lady chapter but the epilogue was just a little tidbit for you guys.

(P.S.- I will be starting a Reylo fanfic sometime soon so if it are interested in that, watch out for that on my account.)

May the Force be with you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1K 76
"I love you, and even if all this disaster happens all I need is you." He says caressing her cheek before the battle begins. (There are a little bit...
190K 5.3K 53
"He will protect her life. She will protect his heart." You were perfectly happy with your life. So what if you beat up people? So what if you were t...
107K 4.7K 26
❛ we all eat lies when our hearts are hungry ❜ [ star wars: rogue one ] [ highest rank: #374 in fanfiction ]
386 0 10
Story line: Cassian is a 17 year old high school student volunteering at the Foster center where he used to live before getting adopted. There he mee...