Chapter 23

"Hey.", is the first thing I hear on my wedding day, "Jyn, get up."

I turn around groggily and open one eye to see Leia looking down at me in her bed.

"What?", I say, still half asleep.

"Your getting married today, that's what.", she says and tries to shake me awake.

We both laugh and I jump out of bed with a sudden burst of energy.

"I'm getting married today!", I scream and hear all the girls groan and moan awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw. He looks so cute.", comments Shami, looking over Leia's shoulder at the handsomely clad little Ben.

I look around and see all the girls wearing their best for today and I couldn't ask for more. I don't give a shit that they aren't all dressed the same or that there aren't 3,000 people attending my wedding or that we aren't having a huge reception.

I only care about having my new family by my side as I am eternally tied to the love of my life. That's all I want.

Leia had just finished doing my hair when it is time to put on my dress.

"Ok, so we will meet you guys there.", says carrie as the girls begin to file out of Leia's quarters.

"Alright, I see you guys there.", I reply and hear a sea of replies from them.

Leia closes the door, puts Ben in his crib, and gets my dress from her closet.

"Shami did an amazing job with the dress. I can't wait to see it on you."

"I know. I'm so happen with how it came out.", I say, walking over to the bathroom and easily slipping on the white dress.

I look into the full length mirror in awe. I barely ever take a second glance at my appearance but then again, I never wear dresses.

The dress is floor length with a simple lace pattern. Its off-the-shoulder design shows off my collar bone and shoulders. It also has beautiful flowy sleeves that end around my elbow crease. My hair is in a simply half-up-half-down do and a sort of necklace adorns my body. It goes from around my neck to all the way around my hips. It is Leia's and she says she has had it since her days as a true reigning princess. It truly suits my dress and reminds me of something the famed Padmè Amidala would have worn, such a stylish women as I have heard from stories.

My lost gaze is broken by a bang on the door

"You done? I wanna see!", say Leia, her voice muffled by the door between us.

I open the door with a grin on my face.

"Oh, my Force.", whispers Leia, covering her mouth with her hands, tears in her eyes, "You look so beautiful."