Chapter 6

After the ceremony, I felt a little weird having this medal around my neck. It didn't feel right.

I am standing in front of the Rogue One memorial plague. This is where the medal belongs.

I gently place it in from of the plaque.

"You guys deserve this. Don't worry, Cassian will keep the other one for the both of us.", I say, having a casual conversation with dead people. You're a lunatic, Jyn.

"I see you are talking to them again.", says Cassian.

"How is it that you always find me?!", I say, astonished and slightly scared.

"Because I know you well. And because you come here a lot."

I smiled.

"I'm leaving my medal with them. They deserve it. All of them.", I say, tears in my eyes, "To tell you the truth Cassian...I don't know how I'm going to get past this-this tragedy. I don't think I'll be able to move on. That and...well, I don't want to."

"Why don't you want to get over, Stardust?", he questions while embracing me.

"I...I don't wanna forget...I don't want anyone to...to forget them.", I shamefully admit.

"Oh, Stardust. No One is going to forget them. Especially not you. I sure won't and look... I swear that...", he began.

He put a hand to his arm and said, "If you ever forget about Bodhi, Chirrut, Baze or anyone else on Rogue One, I will remind you. I swear."

Why must he be so perfect?

I grab his beautifully chiseled face and smash my lips against his. They feel like smooth chocolate on my lips.

"I love you, Cass. Without you...I don't know if I would have made it this far.", I say with emotion I didn't even know I was capable of.

He placed his lips on mine once again as they moved in sync with an enormous amount of passion.

"I love you, too Jyn. And don't worry, we are going to get through this together. One step at a time."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are meeting with Mon Mothma today and this time around, I have no clue as to why.

"Hello Jyn and Cassian. I know it has been about 3 months now since you returned...do you think you can start missions soon?", Mon hesitantly said.

"Well, we will have to train a bit. Haven't been in the game for a while.", Cassian said, looking at me for approval.

Am I ready to start missions? What if I have a bout of PTSD in the middle of an attack? Stop, Jyn!

I know what my promise was Bodhi, Chirrut, and Baze. I have to continue for them. I have to keep fighting for this cause to keep their memory alive. It is what they would've wanted.

"I'm willing.", I reply.

"Very well. We will give you a month to train, if that is enough...We wouldn't have asked you so soon if you weren't such skilled fights...", Mon says.

We both smile.

Finally we have something to occupy ourselves with. We have a goal. I know this is something that will help with our mental instability. Maybe this month of training will even get rid of my PTSD.

As we walk down the hallway to our rooms, Cassian stops me in the middle of the hallway.

"Are you sure that you are ready to start fighting again?", he starts, "To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm ready."

"I think that this will help us. This is part of the recovery process and I believe...that they would have wanted us to keep fighting.", I say.

"Yea. You're right.", he says with a small smile on his face.

"When is it that we start training?", I ask.

"Well, Mothma told me that we could start when ever we like. We can train by ourselves since we both have experience. It's more a matter of getting back into shape", Cassian says.

We both giggle. 'Getting back into shape'. Never though I would have to worry about that.

"How about we start the day after tomorrow.", I say.

"Sounds good to me", he replies.

We continue on our way to our rooms.

By some stroke of luck, they are right next to each other. We stop at our doors.

"Cass...I just want you to know that... if you ever have a nightmare or flashbacks...come to my room. You know my code. I don't want you to be alone for those and well...I don't want to be alone for them either.", I compassionately say.

"I will, Jyn. And you can do the same. In fact, you can come to my room whenever you want.", he charismatically said, flashing me one of his dashing smiles.

I let out a childish, feminine giggle. He just brings out the woman in me.

"Goodnight, Cass.", I calmly say, "I-I love you."

I'm still not used to saying it.

"I love you, too, Stardust. Goodnight.", he says in reply.

I give him a soft kiss and walk into my room, exhausted.

I had to rest up today and tomorrow because later, training starts. And I'm putting all my effort and time into it. It's time the hustle.

The rebellion needs us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:

Can you just imagine ?? Jyn and Cassian training with The Eye of the Tiger plays in the back ground. Too good.

We're gonna see a little (a lot) of Jassian action next chapter so get ready for that.

And it's the detailed kind of action. You know what I'm talking about.

Also, do you guys not love Mark Hamill??? What a genuine guy!

Peace