Chapter 8

"Jyn. Cassian. We have our first mission for you.", says Mon Mothma.

Cassian and I beam. To finally be back at it. With a cause that so many would die for. Including me.

"You are going to the planet of Gungan. We have been given intel that there is a militia group there, killing the planet's population in the name of the First Order.", explained General Leia, who was standing beside them the whole time, "Your team has been organized and you leave tomorrow...Good luck.", she ends with a smile.

We need to put a plan together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that day, we met with our team and put together a plan.

By some coincidence, I am the only girl on the team. I can tell my team is not to thrilled that I am one of their leaders after hearing about Scarif and how badly it went. Because of me. The guilt still eats me up inside.

After a couple of hours of deliberation and input from the whole team, we finally all agree on a plan.

Militia groups like the one we are dealing with are full of nasty humans and other creatures alike. Not only are they killer but they are also perverts. I of all people should know that from dealing with Saw's group.

These type of men are constantly bringing in women to their quarters, not thinking anything of it.

Because I am the only female, I will seduce one of the men that have been already been identified and he will, if all goes according to plan, take me to the militia's hide-out. I will then contact the rest of my team who, led by Cassian, will then make their way to the hide-out and attack, taking down the group.

May the Force be with us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I am sitting on my legs at the memorial plaque again. This is where I come when I need mediation or after an episode.

I see those three names shine on the plaque and know they are here with me. To guide me.

"I know we have a good, solid plan but...I'm scared. Scared of messing up. I don't wanna loses any of them...like you guys. Especially Cassian.", I say through tears," Please help me. Guide me along side the Force."

And all of a sudden, I do something I have never done before.

I lay my head down until my forehead touched the dirt ground softly. Listening for my dead friends. They are in the stars above me. They are in the earth beneath me. They are with me and knowing that, I feel confident with this mission.

You can do this, Jyn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in the cantina with some acquaintances I have made among the team.

"Jyn, I'm sorry I doubted you. I'm such a dick. You have been through so much and I just stepped all over it.", one of my team members says.

"No, don't apologize. I'm pissed at myself,too. For letting what happen, happen.", I say.

These boys are all young. Yet, they are so willing to do anything for the Resistance. And now, they are nervous and not confident. As their leader and a sisterly figure, it is my responsibility to ease their minds. And my own.

"I know the whole team isn't here but I still feel like I need to say this. No matter what happens on Gungan tomorrow, follow the plan. You must have hope and faith in each other and the plan. You are all highly skilled individuals and if you weren't, you wouldn't be on this mission. That's the truth.", I say earnestly, "Thank you following my lead, even though we all know what happened last time I led a mission."

I smile sincerely at all the boys at the table.

They all thank me and we continue a conversation full of nonsense that will be long forgotten by tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stop at my door and enter my code.

I take a deep breath in and then out. Relax, Jyn.

Tonight, I'm am going to calm down and go to bed early. We leave early in the morning tomorrow as it will take 1 hour to get the Gungan.

I run a bath of steaming water until it is to my liking.

I slip in and let my shoulders relax.

I let out an audible sign and sink deeper into the water.

Jyn, you will be fine. Just work those feminine skills on that disgusting guy and after that, the rest of the mission will be nice and smooth.

I step out of the bath after one hour of relaxation, put on some comfortable clothes and slip under the bed sheets.

I feel myself slipping into a deep sleep as I imagine the faces of Chirrut, Baze, and Bodhi appear in my head, beaming at what I am about to accomplish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:

I included that adorable picture of Carrie, may she rest with the Force, because it just makes me so happy and I hope you guys like it, too.

Next, Jyn will face her big mission as am I. Tomorrow, I will be taking my AP test for English Language guys. I am shitting myself but I also feel confident. Ironic.

May the Force be with me and you all.