Chapter 11

Our rush back to base was spend with me holding Cassian's hand tightly and one of my men tending to his arm as best he could.

Cassian groaned in pain as i had a permanent worried face.

"I'll be okay, Stardust.", he said, noticing my expression. He gave my hand a little squeeze.

I noticed his eyes slightly shutting.

"Please stay with me, Cassian. We're almost there.", I say through tears, softly putting my hand on his face.

"I love you, Jyn.", he said, eyes almost shut.

Hell no, you don't.

"No! Stay with me, damn it.", I say, lightly slapping his face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the time we get to the base on Yavin IV, there is an emergency team waiting for us as we called for one on the comm link.

We land and they rush into the ship and take Cassian.

I run behind them on their way to the hospital wing.

The tears in my eyes blur my vision.

I'm about to go into the emergency room before I am stopped by a nurse.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, but we cannot allow anyone in the emergency except medical personnel. After we attend to the patient, you may visit him.", she said calmly.

"Okay, thank you.", I say. I don't want to be in the way.

I need to go to the only place that gives me comfort other than Cassian's arms.

The memorial plaque.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can't lose him. He is all I have left.", I say through sobs toward the large slab of stone with engravements,"He can't die now. Not after he's been through so much."

It starts to rain. Pouring down on me and the plaque, making it's light shade of grey a darker one.

It rains somewhat often on Yavin IV and in times like these, it makes me feel more depressed.

It has been two hours before I realize it. I feel my stomach weigh down on my with nervousness.

Cassian had a 50-50 chance. They could have saved him on time and stopped the bleeding or they could have failed to save him due to too much blood loss.

I walk painfully slow back to the medical center.

The moment I find out what happened. That moment can change my life forever or it can continue on blissfully like it did before.

What if this is to happen again?

I can't die or let Cassian die without promising myself to him in this life and the next one.

This experience is a wake-up call. That is...if he survived.

Before I realize it, I am standing in front of the door to the medical center.

I walk in and up to the front desk, nurses and doctors passing by, rushing here and there.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Captain Cassian Andor. He just underwent an operation in the emergency room. Are you accepting visitations for him?", I ask, my voice shaky.

The nurse looked at me sympathetically, recognizing my worry and distress.

This is the moment. She might tell me to go to the autopsy room or a recovery room.

"Captain Andor just came out of the surgery room about 15 minutes ago. You can go see him in his room. Let me find you the room number.", she said as she looked through files," Alright, he is in room 2187."