The Unknown - ON HIATUS UNTIL...

By Chimmy_readz

Brooke Donovan has been living a normal life for all she can remember. She lives in Las Vegas, Nevada and is... More

Chapter One: High School
Chapter Two: First Day
Chapter Three: New Kid
Chapter Four: The Library
Chapter Five: Friendship
Chapter Six: "Girl Talk"
Chapter Seven: The Suspicious Phone Call
Chapter Eight: Spam
Chapter Nine: Indecisive
Chapter Ten: The Talk
Chapter Eleven: The Pressure is On
Chapter Twelve: Luke
Chapter Thirteen: Spying
Chapter Fourteen: The Storm
Chapter Fifteen: Confession Time
Chapter Seventeen: The Bathroom Talk
Chapter Eighteen: Memory Lane
Chapter Nineteen: 20 Questions
Chapter Twenty: Fake
Chapter Twenty-One: Vanilla
Chapter Twenty-Two: Hangin With The Girls

Chapter Sixteen: Lunch

18 2 2
By Chimmy_readz

  (Hope you enjoy the cheesy song above :) You can continue reading now)

 Brooke's POV-

      I awoke the next morning with a huge smile on my face. Though, it did take me a few moments to understand why, but once I got caught up with what happened the night before my smile got impossibly bigger. I have a boyfriend. I HAVE A FREAKING BOYFRIEND!!!!! I remember when I was spilling my guts out to Liam (my boyfriend!!!) that I was so nervous for his reaction. Thousands of what ifs kept running through my head as I was sobbing uncontrollably. Like what if he flat out rejected me and said we couldn't be friends any more. Or he gently broke it down to me and said he saw me only as a sister. But when I felt his arms embrace me, I really had no idea of what was to come. Then he came to the part of asking me if I wanted to date him and it was obvious now that he did indeed actually like me back. I was and still am so happy that he did. I mean things like this never happen to a girl like me. A plain, boring, average girl. Though, now it seems like a miracle happened for it actually did happen to me. 

    Then after all was said, Liam was back to being the goofball he normally is and made me actually help him with math. I didn't mind though. It felt nice getting to just be with him, without anyone else coming to barge in. We managed to actually get through most of his homework and to me at least, it seemed like he was getting it too. I hope he does good on his test today because if not, it would come out to seem like I was a bad at tutoring and trust me I am most certainly not.

      He ended up leaving shortly after, not a second too late too because my parents arrived home almost exactly as he got out of the driveway and left. They didn't see him, luckily. I know I have to tell them about him sooner or later, but I would prefer later. You know, after I get to know him a little more. For now, I just want to wait.

     Now back to today. Surprisingly I got ready without any trouble after I woke up which is super rare for me. But I couldn't help it, I was so excited to see Liam again. It wasn't until I was walking to school when I remembered that I haven't told any of my friends about him, or us. They're going to kill me for not telling them sooner and I just know it. Hopefully, they'll tone it down a bit since I was busy yesterday. I would just have to wait to see. 

    When I got closer to the school I felt my phone buzz from inside my jean pocket so I took it out and saw I had a message from Liam!!! It read, Hey Brooke I'll meet you by the front gates. I replied back with a 'I'm here' and waited for him to find me. I was staring towards the empty expanse filled with dirt and, I'm not joking, tumbleweeds when I felt two arms embrace me from behind. I made a little yelp because I wasn't expecting it, but as soon as I looked behind and saw Liam I instantly calmed down. But then I started blushing until I was tomato red.

"H-hey Liam," I stupidly stuttered. I wish I could just face plant myself right now.

"Hey Brooke or should I say girlfriend," he said as his smile grew bigger. "I still can't believe you said yes. You're so gonna regret that," he said as he gave me a smirk.

"I still can't believe you asked. And I'm well aware that I'm going to regret that later, but you're so cute I couldn't resist."

He pouted," Don't call me cute, you're gonna ruin my reputation here." 

I just laughed and hit his shoulder," Surrrrrre."

He smiled down at me and grabbed my hand. Then I started to smile as he walked me to class, but before we could make it someone stopped us. Or should I say someones. There in front of us were Nichole, Nicholete, and Raquel and they were all gawking at me and Liam's hands. I tried to pull mine away, but Liam held on. Then Nicholete started jumping/dancing around the hallway.

"Ha, I knew it I knew it," she sang. "Now pay up," she demanded and Nichole and Raquel sulkily took out $20 bills and handed them into Nicholete's waiting hands.

"Wait why are they paying you?," I asked her as a frown grew upon my face.

"Oh well we knew you guys would get together we just knew it would be a matter of time before that happened. So we decided to make things interesting and made a bet on when it would happen and I was the closest," she then proceeded to continue her earlier dancing. 

"I can't believe you guys betted on us. And how long have you guys known we liked each other?" I started in a deep range, but ended with a deep blush.

"Oh for like, ever. You guys are so obvious with your actions it's pretty hard to not tell. You'd have to be blind to not see," she said very confidently.

I looked over at Liam and was surprised to see a faint blush on him too. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one. I turned back to the girls.

"Why didn't you ever tell us or you know me, your best friend," I said in shock that they would hide such a big secret from me.

"Oh yeah, just like you told us you guys are dating huh," she raised an eyebrow.

"T-that's different...I-I..was busy and...,"I sighed."Fine a truce then?"

"Sure just make sure to tell us things like that sooner," then she jumped on me, giving me a huge hug. "My best friend has a boyfriend!!!" she kept on screaming. I could now see that others were giving us some weird looks. Especially, since that Raquel joined in too.

     And as for Nichole? Well she was harassing 'said boyfriend' saying things like,"If you ever hurt her, I'll find out where you live." Who needs a protective dad when you have a Nichole?

       It wasn't until first bell rang that everyone started to sober up and left for class. Not including Liam, fortunately so we walked into class together and found some seats nearby. The day went by decently fast, along with the every so often glances from Liam when we saw each other. The day seemed to be one of the greatest days I've had so far and I was loving every second of it. It wasn't until a text message I received when things seemed to change course.

    It was from Luke and I almost forgot all about what I told him yesterday because of what happened afterward. It said, I'll be waiting by the lunch doors for you :) . I responded back with a see you there. I decided to take my time getting there though because I was nervous for what everyone else would think of him since Liam got so jealous the day before. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. 

I met Luke by the doors just like he said and I walked him to our lunch spot. There we were met with 10 pairs of eyes. Two of them from a not-so-happy Liam.

"Hey guys, this is Luke and he's new to the school so I decided to let him sit with us," I began to introduce everyone to him. "That right there is Nichole and her boyfriend Damon. In front of them is Nicholete and her boyfriend Jagger. Next to them is Raquel and in front of her is Liam.. my boyfriend." I smiled at Liam and when he looked at me, his eyes began to soften from their once before glare and he too smiled back. I immediately forgot everyone else and went to sit next to him. I was about to say something to him when I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I looked towards the culprit and saw Luke staring at me.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" he asked in a super adorable voice.

"Of course," he smiled at me warmly and sat down.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and turned to see Liam glaring again at Luke. I just pushed his arm off and gave him a look. He then gave me a surprised look,"But-"

"No buts, be nice," I demanded, annoyed by his actions. I thought we went through this yesterday. I turned back to Luke and asked how his day went so far.

"Good, I think I'm sort of getting used to the school, but I still have a hard time finding my way around."

"Well if you ever need help next time, I'm always here if need me," I said.

He grabbed my hands and said," That would be great, thanks. You know you have been so nice to me. You're the only one who's talked to me since I arrived and you've been such a help."

"Oh, it's no problem. I wasn't about to let you struggle and besides, everyone needs a friend from time to time right?"

"Right," he said smiling at me.

I heard Liam get up from his seat and announce he was going to the bathroom. Damon, surprisingly got up after him. 

"Hey does your boyfriend not like me or something?" he said looking genuinely hurt.

"Liam's just having a hissy fit, don't worry about him he'll get over it," I said shaking my head. "Trust me it's not that he doesn't like you, I bet when he's feeling better you guys might even hit it off."

"Oh, well I hope we do," he said, but I thought I caught a hint of sarcasm in his tone. It was gone just as fast as it appeared though so I dismissed it. A few moments later both guys came back, but it seemed that Liam was in a much better mood.

"Hey Brooke, sorry for the way I was acting. Damon talked some sense into me and I've decided to stop acting so childish," I looked over at Damon and he just nodded his head.

"Well that's good to hear then," Liam smiled at me and took a hold of my hand. We ate in silence after until the bell rang. When we got up I said goodbye to Luke. I was amazed to see Liam say goodbye to him too.

"Damon what did you say to him?" I asked in shock.

"Just gave him a little bit of advice I guess."

"Wow, you work wonders then," he just shrugged.

Liam came back to me afterward and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for doing that."

He smiled and we walked to class. I must figure out Damon's ways, I thought.

**** 

Author's Note-

I may be updating on Saturdays too from now, but that's not a promise! Hope you liked the extra story for the week and don't judge the song choice because honestly I just found it sooooooo. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share. Bye!!!

Until then, Kaylee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 411 38
Scarlett violet Morgan is just a regular normal teenage girl well that what she thinks. Scarlett is currently a full time college student. She enjoys...
5.8K 932 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
4.4K 468 59
"I'm going to kill them." "Julian!" I gasped. "You can't -- that's murder!" "I'm well aware." "You'll be a criminal." His mouth twisted. "I prefer t...
7.7K 124 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...