Nothing More, Nothing Less (A...

By CharlotteLuvs1D

Maya Hartman was never into One Direction. The twenty-six year old girl, living alone in an apartment in New... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 *
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 *
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 *
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 *
Chapter 10 *
Chapter 11 *
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note :)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 *
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 *
Chapter 41 *
Chapter 42
Author's Note
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Author's Note
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Author's Note
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Author's Note :)
Chapter 85
Epilogue
Sequel!!

Chapter 50

51K 369 39
By CharlotteLuvs1D

hey guys!!! here's the next chapter ;) i hope you like itttt!!!!! tell me what you think in the comments :) sorry it's a bit long... :\ haha thanks so much you guys!!! ENJOY!!!! i love you all!!! <3

NIALL’S P.O.V.

            “Come on lads! I’m hungry,” I said running into the first burger and steak joint that I saw.

            “Niall, what are you hungry for? You just ate breakfast…”

            “I want a cheese steak!” I exclaimed and I got into line. Liam and Zayn went to find a table. They told me to get them a soda. It was finally my turn and I ordered myself two cheese steaks and a large fries with sodas for all of us. It was ready in five minutes. I brought the food back to our table and went to get our drinks.

            A girl who looked around my age was standing there getting herself a drink. I looked at her dark brown hair that fell to right beneath her shoulder blades. She had on a simple grey sweatshirt that fell off her shoulder slightly, showing the strap of her hot pink tank top. She didn’t notice me standing there, right behind her. She turned around and bumped into me, spilling her soda all over the front of my shirt.

            “Oh crap! I’m so sorry!” she exclaimed and she tried to wipe it with the sleeve of her shirt, however, not fixing the mess. She frowned and spun around to go get some napkins.

            I watched her take a bunch out and run back to where I was still standing with my three cups still in my hand. I wanted to do something, but all I could do was stare at the front of my shirt like an idiot and look at how frazzled she seemed to be. I would be too, if I spilled soda on a pretty girl.

            “I am so sorry,” she said again, wiping my shirt, “I didn’t see you standing there and…” her voice trailed off. She continued rubbing the front of my shirt. She was so focused on trying to clean it up that she didn’t realize what she was doing. I guess she didn’t realize it was me, Niall Horan. And she was rubbing the front of my shirt. Sure, she had a good reason to, but aren’t you both supposed to help clean up the mess? I wanted to do something, but I just stood there. This was all happening so fast. I wondered if she did realize it was me and just didn’t want to say anything. I watched her and smiled. She was cute.

            “I think you’re supposed to dab it,” I replied smiling at her. She looked up at me and we locked eyes. Oh wow, she had green eyes. The most amazing green eyes I’d ever seen. They had a bit of an amberish brown tint in the middle with gold flecks. For some reason I couldn’t stop looking into her eyes. She only nodded and continued dabbing at the large soda stain on the front of my white shirt.

            “I feel so bad,” she replied stepping back and looking at the mess she made.

            “It’s fine, really, don’t worry about it,” I said smiling at her.

            She nodded, “I’m Emilee, spelled E-M-I-L-E-E,” she smiled.

            “Niall,” I replied.

            She paused and looked me straight in the eyes, “… Oh wait, you’re from One Direction, right?”

            I nodded and smiled at her.

            “Oooh crap… I just spilled soda on Niall from One Direction…” she ran her hand through her hair, looking like she just committed the worst crime in the world.

            “Really Emilee, it’s fine, I can just change when I get home, its no big deal.”

            “Fine…” she replied turning around to refill her soda. I did the same with mine, but just guessed what Liam and Zayn wanted.

            “I um…” she said looking back at me, “I should probably get back to my table…”

            “Okay,” I replied. We said goodbye and walked in our separate directions. I got back to my table and Liam was watching me smiling.

            “Hey,” he said as I sat down, “Spill your drink?”

            “Collision with a girl,” I replied.

            “A pretty girl?” Liam pressed.

            “Yes, a very pretty girl,” I replied handing out their sodas.

            “Where is she?” he asked.

            I looked around and pointed to her at the other end of the restaurant.

            “Her? In the gray sweatshirt?” Liam asked.

            “Yeah,” I replied.

            “Wow, she really is pretty,” he said taking a sip of his soda.

            I nodded and started to eat my lunch. Zayn was still on his phone. Still. He took a sip of his soda and looked back at the tiny screen. Liam and I chose to ignore him and started our own conversation.

            “Hey, pretty girl is leaving,” Liam said after around twenty minutes. He pointed to the door.

            I jumped out of my seat, “Her name is Emilee!” I said and I ran to catch up with her. She was already halfway down the sidewalk when I caught her and her two friends.

            “Emilee!” I said and she turned around and turned pink when she saw me.

            “Oh hey Niall,” she said. I walked up to her. Her friends’ jaws dropped, but I didn’t look at them.

            “I um… I was thinking… maybe sometime we could hang out?”

            Her eyes widened, “Really?”

            “Yeah,” I replied smiling and taking out my phone, “here, you can add your number…” I handed my phone to her and she reached into her pocket to get hers. We exchanged numbers.

            “Tanks so much,” I said smiling and taking my phone back from her.

            “No problem,” she replied.

            I said goodbye and turned around to walk back into the restaurant. A smile spread across my face.

MAYA’S P.O.V.

            “Bye Monica!” I said as I walked out of my store and through the glass front doors.

            “Bye Maya,” she replied at the register.

            I walked back down the street and into my apartment building. I said a quick hello to David and hopped onto the elevator. Harry probably wasn’t home yet, but I wanted to look nice when he did. I took out my phone and saw he texted me.

            Love you, I’ll be home by 6:30

                I unlocked my apartment door and stepped inside. I shivered and went to close my window in the living room.

            I went to go get changed in my bedroom. I looked at my clock. I had around forty five minutes before Harry would get home. I pulled on a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt. I looked in my mirror and brushed out my hair.

            I saw my violin case on the floor next to my dresser. It was like it was calling out for me to play it. Maya! Play me! it called out in my head. I opened it and took my violin out. I tuned it quickly and took out something to play. I didn’t really know what it was, but I put it on my stand and started playing. I lost track of time and all the sudden I heard my front door open. I put my violin back in its case and looked at the clock. It was almost seven ‘o clock! Geez… Harry walked into my bedroom and I hugged him.

            “I heard you from down the hallway,” he whispered in my ear.

            “Oh… I was just bored…” I replied quietly and I nuzzled my head in his neck.

            “I missed you,” Harry whispered and he picked me up.

            “I missed you more,” I replied, “Work is so boring…”

            “We went to Philadelphia,” Harry said putting his forehead on mine.

            “How was it?”

            “Good, Lou and I had some time to ourselves and Niall met a girl, so we all had a good time…”

            “That is so good,” I replied moving my lips to his. He smiled and kissed me lightly which drove me crazy inside.

            “Did you eat dinner yet beautiful?” he asked, his lips still pressing against mine.

            “Nope,” I replied kissing him again.

            He set me down, but I was enjoying our time together. “I can make fajitas,” he said smiling.

            “Ooh, fancy,” I said smiling. He took my hand and we walked over to his apartment. I put my iPod in his speakers and we started listening to music as Harry started dinner.

            “I can cut something,” I said as he took some tomatoes out of a plastic bag on the counter. He handed one to me smiling and I took out a cutting board and started. His back was to me and we listened to the song that was playing on my iPod.

            I continued cutting the tomatoes into small pieces and put them into a bowl.

            “Ow!” I exclaimed as the knife cut me on my left palm. I dropped the knife on the counter and ran over to the sink to wash it off. It was bleeding pretty heavily though. Oh god…

            “Maya!” Harry said when he saw me. He got a paper towel and put it on my cut, but it didn’t help stop the bleeding.

            “Ow,” I said again. I bit my bottom lip and looked away from it. Harry got a dish towel and put pressure on my cut that was starting to sting. He looked at the cut and put the towel back on.

            “I’ll be right back, keep pressure on that,” Harry said and he walked quickly out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. I stood next to the counter, trying not to look at my palm because I would probably faint if I did. I can’t stand blood. It makes me nauseous and gives me this weird tingly type of feeling all around my body.

            Harry came back with a box of some heavy duty bandages or something and I looked away, trying to distract myself from my throbbing left hand. I felt like I was being overdramatic. It was probably just a little cut. I looked at it quickly and saw it went from the bottom of my palm and up to just below my pinky finger. I gasped quietly, but Harry didn’t look up at me. Luckily the bleeding had stopped and all that was left was a big (and thankfully not deep) cut.

            “You really did a job on this Maya,” Harry said as he put a large square bandage on my palm and wrapping an ace bandage around my hand and wrist.

            “Can I look back now?” I asked, my eyes still closed. Harry laughed a little and stood up. He rubbed my arms.

            “Yes baby,” he said and I looked at my left hand that was wrapped up nicely. I felt like a couple band-aids would have been fine instead, but I didn’t complain. Harry was such a sweetheart.

            “Thank you…” I said. He hugged me and I inhaled his slight aftershave that was beginning to wear off from this morning. “What would I do without my Harry?”

            “You would still have a bleeding left palm,” he replied smiling. I bit my lip, smiling also and he leaned down to kiss me. “Now, please let me make dinner without another injury, does that sound good?”

            I smiled and nodded. He walked back over to where he was cutting chicken and putting it in a pan on the tiny stove he had.

            I sighed and took the tomatoes that I managed to cut without cutting myself. I put the cutting board and the knife in the sink and wiped down the counter since there were little drops of blood from my hand.

            “Here’s about,” I looked at what I had in the bowl, “ten pieces of tomatoes,” I said and handed Harry the bowl.

            “Thank you,” Harry said putting it down in front of him.

            “Is there anything I can do that wouldn’t involve me injuring myself?”

            Harry stepped up to me and put his hands on my waist. He leaned down so that his lips were brushing mine, “Why don’t you go find something on TV?”

            I frowned, realizing that he was probably only this close to me so that he could convince me to get out of the kitchen and away from anything that was sharp or could potentially harm me. I quickly kissed him before he had the chance to pull away.

            “Fine,” I whispered stepping back and into the living room.

            “I’ll be there in a little bit,” Harry called after me.

            “Uh huh!” I called back smiling and plopping down on his unusually comfy couch. I could see him from where I was so I watched him until he looked over and saw me. I slightly waved and giggled as he only smiled and shook his head.

            “Hi Maya,” he called.

            “What’s up?” I called back still laughing.

            “Cutting your tomatoes,” he said.

            “Careful not to cut your hand!” I said grabbing for the remote, but realizing I couldn’t use my left hand. I took it with my right hand and flipped through the channels. I could never find anything I liked. I settled with a show called Ghost Adventures. The host’s name was Zak Bagans and he and two other guys were in some old hotel in Nevada somewhere. I tilted my head and listened as they played an EVP of a voice that they had supposedly caught in a room there. I couldn’t hear anything and I shook my head.

            I didn’t realize Harry had walked in and was standing right behind me next to the couch. I leaned my head back and his hovered over mine. He smiled at me and his lips placed themselves on top of mine. Our noses were pressed against each other’s chins. I felt him smile into a kiss and his lips moved with mine. It was like an upside down kiss. It was really cute and I couldn’t help but smile also.

            It was simple kisses like this that always brought me back to our first kiss together. How Harry was always so gentle as if I would break if he kissed me any harder.

            “Dinner’s just about ready,” he whispered pulling away.

            “Okay,” I replied turning off the TV and jumping up off the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 748 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...
819K 26.7K 29
Harry is gay. Louis is straight and has a girlfriend. Well. At least that's what Harry thought, until Liam blabs his mouth about Harry's sex life a...
141K 4.1K 41
You thought you knew One Direction. But everything you heard is just their cover story. These boys are hiding something. Something... Super ;) Harry...
17.2K 488 55
*COMPLETED * check the sequel YOU&ME! ///// Olivia is just back from a world tour with her best friend Niall and for the first time in 5 years, he's...