connect.

By baddestbitchx

" same city, same friends if you're looking for me . " More

prologue | characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 - the recap
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46 - hey, please read
47
48 - i'm back
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

13

3.1K 140 8
By baddestbitchx

jacquees - fuck a friendzone

chapter thirteen

I stood patiently beside marquise as he ordered food. 

"can I get a uhh.." he drags, looking at everything on display behind the woman.

whilst he done that I decided to take over and get my food.

"can I have a large butter popcorn, with  a large diet coke please?"

the woman nods her head cheerily and taps it into the system.

"aye what you doing?" marquise asks, looking down at me.

"i'm buying food?" I furrow my brows. I didn't understand what I was doing wrong.

"whatever she just said she wants - i'm paying for it. " he tells the woman.

"marquise I can pay myself it's fine".

"nah. I will never take a girl out and make her pay." he shakes his head.

"okay, thank you." I smile.

"yeah, can I get whatever she's getting." he says to the woman , referring to me.

"sure. just wait a minute . whilst you're waiting you can pay." she turns the card machine towards us.

marquise takes out his credit card and slides it in, then taps in his pin. the machine authorises it and he takes it out, placing it back into his wallet.

the food comes and we both take it. we had already got our ticket for the movie. it was fast and furious 8 which I absolutely did not like but it was better than watching some kids animation.

we went inside the dark theatre room. our seats were all the way at the back , at the very top in the corner.

they were few people in here, maybe around 40 people but mainly everyone was sitting in the middle and bottom.

the advertisements were playing so we would probably have to wait a couple minutes before the movie started.

" I don't want to be a debby downer, but I actually really dislike this whole movie franchise." I mention.

"why's that?" marquise asks, sipping on his soda.

"personally, it's boring and since paul walker died I don't see any point in them carrying it on. after they made his little tribute they should've just left it alone." I rant.

"yeah but that means everyones last memory of fast and furious would be paul's death. they don't wanna leave the fans with a bad memory." he explains.

I roll my eyes . "uh eitherway, it's still got a crappy storyline. it's basically about cars and guns and fighting, over what? I don't know but it seems to be some outdated beef that they're dragging on for so long. "

marquise chuckles . "you got quite an opinion ma. "

"I guess ." I shrug, throwing popcorn in my mouth .

the movie finally started and the lights in the theatre dimmed, setting the mood. everyone's murmurs started to quieten down.

after twenty minutes , I got bored . I gave the movie twenty minutes and already the same faces were coming up which irritated my eyes.

"just so you know, I had no intentions of watching this movie. I already watched it." he whispers.

"so why'd you bring us here?" I ask, facing him.

"I thought you might be into it, but clearly you ain't . "

"oh, well you wanna go?" I suggest.

"nah it's cool. we can stay, but that doesn't mean we have to watch it." he smirks.

I roll my eyes. "boy, shutup. "

he puts his arm around me, his hand purposefully falling onto my chest.

"loosen up kiesha."

I laugh quietly. "stop calling me that dumb name. it's ryan."

"aye, ryan, can you get that for me." he nods his head in the direction of the floor  beside him, where his phone had slid out of his pocket.

I get up and pick it up, handing it to him. just as I was about to sit down, he grabs me and places me on his lap.

"thanks ." he says.

"can I sit in my seat please?" I hiss, folding my arms.

"nah, I think you're better here." he unfolds my arms and puts one of them around him.

I couldn't deny he made me look dumb for picking up his phone. now I was asking my dumb ass why I even picked it up. he could've clearly got it himself.

"aight, so what you wanna do after this movie?" he asks.

"um, since neither one of us has finished that dry popcorn, why don't we go eat?"

"that sounds good. where do you wanna go? I want you to decide."

why was it when I was being offered to eat anywhere in miami, my mind wanted to go blank.

"I ain't even gonna lie, i'm craving a hotdog." I laugh.

"who's though?"

I raised an eyebrow." you are so nasty."

he chuckles and moves his hands up and down my lower back sending chills down my spine.

"a normal one from those little outdoor   restaurant van thingys." I reply.

"wanna go get that now or are you enjoying sitting on me?"

"oh don't make it seem like i'm the one who begged to sit on your lap. your fast ass pulled me here." I object.

"yeah but you wasn't trying to get up so don't act like it was forced."

I ignore him and stand up, grabbing only my soda. that popcorn was dry and bland.

there was no butter on that at all, just hope and struggle.

we left the theatre room and made our way out of the cinema. eventually our eyes were exposed the bright sun.

we walked to where the hotdog guy was . he was only across the road. everyone went to him. his sausages were always on point.

"can I get a hotdog , two please." marquise asks, taking out $10 and handing it to the guy.

"sure brotha'." the guy takes the cash and puts on his gloves.

"you wanna come back to mine?" marquise asks me.

"uh, no I don't trust you."

"and why's that?" he chuckles.

"because you're horny ass will probably end up stripping me down. I can see the lust in your eyes." I laugh.

he rolls his eyes, shaking his head. "you just really make me out to be mr bad guy."

"oh please, you do it to yourself."

the guy hands us our hotdogs. mine had ketchup on, but marquise had mustard.

marquise put his arm around me as we walked down the street, not really knowing where we were going.

"so tell me about your siblings." he says."you told me that you had two sisters but didn't tell me anything about them. "

"okay. well, lizzie is a makeup artist and a youtuber. she's like me, but way more girly. she's 23 . then, vanessa is the complete opposite to the both of us. she's 15 and she's like a little mini erykah badu. we all get along though."

"they sound cool. you got any pictures of them?"

I get my phone out of my purse and go to my photo gallery. it was a picture of all 3 of us.

"damn, you got a pretty ass family."

"thanks.  my mom and dad's genes worked together miraculously." I joke.

"I can tell." he says. "you told me a bit about ya mom , but not your pops. what's he like?"

"I would rather not talk about that. he's not really alive anymore and it's just a subject that's touchy." I frown, playing with the ends of my hair.

"oh my bad. i'm sorry." he says comfortingly .

it's not that the subject was touchy. I actually didn't think me and marquise were close enough yet for me to be telling him private things.

"it's fine. but what about your family?" I ask, changing the subject.

"well, my mom and dad have been married for just under 13 years . i'm an only child but I have a lotta aunts and uncles so I have cousins who are like my siblings." he explains.

"doesn't it get lonely though? I mean, if I didn't have lizzie and vanessa i'd be so bored."

he plays with his beard, shrugging. "nah, not really. i've always had my cousins so they fill that loneliness I guess.

"yeah, I get that."

we end up sitting on a bench in the shade. it was so hot I don't know why I chose to wear an all black outfit. everyone and their momma knows black absorbs the most heat. we both finished our hotdogs and threw our wrappers in the bin beside us

"what's your job?" I ask him.

"me? with a job?" he laughs. "nah, I don't have one. well atleast not a normal one. "

"so what do you do to earn money?" I inquire.

"the illegal stuff. there's other ways to make money than just a 9 to 5 job. "

"and what's that?"

he winks. "that's between me, myself and I."

I roll my eyes.

"what do you do though?"

"half of it is my mom's money, the other half is money I saved up from when I was younger. but I am going to get a normal job soon. " I reply.

"that's lame but girls always choose that route."

"uh, what's lame to you is also legal."

he chuckles."whatever you say ma."

I look up at him and touch his facial hair. "you would look so much more younger if you took this off."

"you say that now, but trust me the beard is better than nothing. I look 17 without it."

"oh please. you guys just wear that to look tough. "

"yeah and you girls wear makeup to look pretty."

I gasp. "oh hell no. you did not just go there , I swe-"

before I can finish my outburst his tongue is touching mine and we're kissing. I hated kissing in public but he had nice lips and I was enjoying it .

I pulled away once it started getting a bit too intense.

I giggle. "how long have you been waiting to do that?"

"uh, the whole damn day."

I laugh and stand up. "well now you got it, think you can drop me home?"

"of course ."

we walk back to his car and talk some more . once we get into the car we let the music play and ride in a comfortable silence.

when we arrive to my house, we both lean over in our seats till we meet halfway and have one last kiss.

"i'll see you around kiesha."

"okay, and stop calling me that boy." I laugh, playfully hitting him.

he laughs as I let myself out of the car. he winks and drives off.

I stand there feeling like a little high school kid , blushing and smiling from ear to ear.

I eventually regain my sense and go inside the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
457K 16.3K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...