She Was Always My Juliet

By anaveragewriter123

Where a guy, falls in love with a girl, who never noticed him. *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter One: 18 Years Old
Chapter Two: 18 Years Old
Chapter Three: 18 Years Old
Chapter Four: 18 Years Old
Chapter Six: 18 Years Old
Chapter Seven: 18 Years Old
Interlude
Chapter Eight: 21 Years Old
Chapter Nine: 21 Years Old
Chapter Ten - 21 Years Old
Interlude

Chapter Five: 18 Years Old

68 8 0
By anaveragewriter123

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

SEEING YOU WITH SOMEONE new makes me think love isn't real, it makes me want to stand on top of a cliff and scream to the world that I like you, but I'm sorry my darling you don't see me.

You've never seen me for me.

I'm not good enough for you.

- your unrequited lover, who just wants to be loved...

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

5. 18 YEARS OLD - APRIL

‒‒‒♜‒‒‒

Aaron's POV:

WHEN MY PARENTS DIVORCED I wasn't sad. I didn't cry begging them to get back together, I actually in some weird way felt so much happier now that they weren't together.

Yes, in the beginning, they were in love. The kind of beautiful, mad yet incredibly toxic love everyone dreams of in their lives. They were madly and deeply in love with each other.

You could see it shining in their eyes in their wedding photos, in photos taken on the day I was born. Their love shone through up until I was six. Then everything started falling apart when I was six years old and my little sister was four.

My dad started drinking and the financial problems just built up and up with no escape from all their debt. They were drowning in it.

Then it stopped. Everything was okay again. It was all working out without my dad, and the day we moved away from his grave was the day I met Wren.

She and her mother were playing in her front garden. Her hair was a beautiful shade of brownish red back then and her mother had flowing dark red hair. They were both gorgeous.

I had just moved in and was wandering around with Tessa, whose full name is Teressa Ophelia Amarellaz when Tessa shot across the road to play with Wren's puppy Ghost.

She giggled and scratched the puppy laughing and talking to Wren as she did. I remember initially thinking Wren was cute and sweet but I was too nervous to really speak to her properly.

We laughed and talked to Wren and her mother for hours and even more hours after that when we had dinner at their house with my mother.

That's my first perfect memory of Wren being the perfect girl.

When I first saw you across the street I knew you were perfect for me Wren and I wished we'd stayed friends after your mum died. I wish we still talked like we used too.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

"Whoop!"

"Go, Roe, Go Roe!"

I groaned placing my head in my hands and turning away from Ollie and Rose who had been my own personal cheerleaders in the play for the last five months.

Christmas had come and gone. I'd spent it with my mothers family. I don't see my dad anymore.

April was a cold month filled with late night rehearsals to make sure the play went smoothly if I rocked the play I would be able to get into the music and art school of my dreams on a scholarship.

Wren and I have spent more and more time together over the last five months, I've been pushed into the ultimate friend zone. I now know exactly how Jorah Mormont feels around Dany. Kept at bay in the friend zone.

She and Hunter are still going strong. Sadly he hasn't spontaneously combusted. On our Thursday movie nights, we normally spend lots of time talking about her problems with Hunter.

Ol said he knew a guy who knew a guy who could get me a guy to make Hunter 'disappear'. It worries me what my best friend gets up to in his spare time.

Oliver and Rose more commonly know as Roliver are quickly climbing the school social chart as the cutest couple in school, helps that they won King and Queen in the winter wonderland dance.

What was I doing during that dance? Drinking. Then drinking some more. I hate looking at Hunter and Wren. They look so beyond happy together and I can't even make myself happy sometimes.

I'm just keeping it all in and one day I'm going to explode.

"Roe. Roe. Roeroe!" Brittany snapped her fingers in front of my face smiling.

"Uhh... Hi?"

She giggled softly bouncing on the balls of her feet before leaning in and whispering in my ear. "Curtain in five."

I breathed in deeply kneeling my forehead.

I can do this, I can do this.

I kept repeating my mantra over and over again as Brittany rubbed my shoulders, hands, and forehead. She knows how stressed I get when performing in front of extra large quantities of people.

Brittany was lovely and had I not been head over heels with Wren we'd make a great couple, I think so anyway, students are always telling me that we'd make a cute couple.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll try and be with her.

One day.

"Your lucky to have such amazing friends like Oliver and Rose. They're adorable and have the coolest signs."

I groaned leaning my head on her shoulder. She smelt of that one Hollister perfume I love. I breathed in her scent deeply mindlessly snuggling into Brittany's shoulder.

I wish it was Wren.

She blushed slightly and stroked my cheek before whispering in my ear. "Curtain in, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, go!"

Then I jumped onto the battle field we earthlings call a stage.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

"My love, my sun, and my stars, how dare I leave you now?" I asked clutching Brittany's hand close trying very hard not to laugh at Oliver who was holding up a circle with his finger and inserting another finger in that hole while thrusting forward in his chair.

He looked like a complete and utter knob. But he was my knob and I loved him and all his sexual innuendos.

"You must go my love. For us both to be happy you must flee the country! We shall Skype from where ever you end up my darling." She spoke sweetly stroking my face.

I looked deep into her eyes trying desperately not to laugh at our awful lines. This modern day version of Romeo and Juliet is one of the weirdest plays I've ever performed.

Brittany quickly spewed out a few lines before walking away tears running down her face as I turned to face the stage, and began belting out a cover of Amber Run 'I found.'

I stared at Wren who sat next to Rose and Ol, looking bored out of her mind as she tapped away on her phone. Granted we'd become great friends over the last few months she's been ignoring me while Hunter was around. It made me feel unwanted.

I poured all my feelings into my song and forced myself to look anywhere other than the gorgeous girl in front of me.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

"Ahhh! Roe, you did absolutely fucking amazing!"

I smiled down at Brittany and slung my arm over her shoulder. We were hanging out by the drinks table at the after party.

"You were fantastic as well Britt."

She blushed slightly and stepped closer to me. Having her this close you could see every outline of her face. The way her lips curved up at the Cupid's bow and how her eyebrows were perfectly plucked.

"So Britt your still, uh single right?"

Subtle Aaron so subtle.

She brushed her hair over her shoulder and leaned into my neck, her breath tickling my skin.

"Been single for a while now Roe."

He voice was soft and seductive as I leaned down and my lips meet hers in a quiet kiss that quickly turned steamy as our hands roamed over each other's body.

Brittany was fantastic but all I could think was. I wish it had been Wren.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

"You and Britt were going at it like two rabbits in heat."

I smirked down at Wren not letting my frustration with her seep through into my expression. "She's a fantastic girl."

She smiled softly. "I'm glad you think so, she's liked you for a while."

"She has?"

Wren laughed clutching her cup. "For like three years. You kissing her has made her year!"

"It's made mine too."

Lies all lies.

"Oh." Her eyebrows creased slightly. "That's good. You two would make a great couple."

Not as good as you and I.

My eyes wandered over to Britt who was standing across the room. "Yeah, we would."

We lapsed into silence for a while and I felt her gaze boring into my head with a questionable look on her face.

She had no right to feel sad or down. Though we were really close she's ignored all my advances. She's made it very clear she doesn't like me, Wren had no right to feel anything for me even if I feel too much for her.

"Sooo," She drawled awkwardly trying to break us out of the awkward silence we've lapsed into. "Fancy getting a McDonalds with me? It's getting pretty dead in here."

I smiled awkwardly and placed my hand on the small of my back. Her eyes stared up into mine. Her beautiful shimmering eyes.

I leaned forward and spoke the words I've wanted to say for years.

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

Is what I would have said if I had enough courage to tell her, instead I said this. "I think I'm falling in love with McDonald's chicken strippers."

She laughed and we walked off into the night.

Looking back on it now my biggest life regret was never saying those eight words, the words that could have changed our future forever.

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

‒‒‒❁‒‒‒

ROE, you should have said those bloody words.

I hate this chapter but I wanted to post something. Also, thanks so freaking much for 230 reads! It means the world to me. I love each and every one of you!

- BELLE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 8.2K 40
( THIS IS THE ORIGINAL VERSION ) **VERY CRINGE WORTHY IM WARNING YOU**😖 **VERY CLICHE**😖 He's a bit on the edge She's the good girl. He's...
2.1K 56 11
Story about a broken girl and not so broken boy. ✴▫✴▫✴ Let's repair the broken.
44 0 10
Logan has been chasing her crush all summer, but just before she is about to confess her feelings, someone swoops in and asks him out. The worst part...
108K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...