Soft Pillows | โœ“

By __Dolly

Featured @WattpadIndia โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐, ๐š๐ง... More

Important Announcement
Author's Page
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 14

75.6K 5.1K 1.1K
By __Dolly

"You knew I was broken beyond repair, yet you love me. Why?"

After Nisha's Birthday party, Atharva was less difficult around Aahana. Before he wouldn't acknowledge her presence but now he was always drawing her into conversations.

And the change was noticeable.

Aahana had never been this joyous, and she felt like she would burst with happiness whenever Atharva stole glances at her, thinking she was unaware of it. But she'd seen him look at her and then look away because she had been looking at him too.

They had become quite comfortable around each other's presence and had fallen into a routine.

In the morning, Aahana would make breakfast and they both would eat before driving to work in their respective cars. They'd sit there in silence or exchange a few words regarding work, then head home. Aahana would cook dinner or more so, Atharva would cook for both of them. Finally, they'd retired to their rooms.

She pictured the first time, just a few days ago. She'd walked into the kitchen and stood motionless in the doorway, apparently awestruck. He looks so hot, was the first thing that registered in her mind. He had changed from his work clothes into faded blue jeans and a black T-shirt, with a grey apron covering his lean frame. The words "King of the kitchen" were printed over it, which made Aahana laugh. But as she got closer, she realized he was indeed preparing dinner for them and not a single thing was out of place. He cooked like a pro, with precision and focus. She never imagined he could make noodles, let alone cook a full meal.

When she had voiced her thoughts, he was more than offended. He glared at her while she smiled teasingly and moaned as the mouth-watering food hit her taste buds.

That day she knew, he was a man with many talents.

"Aahana?"

Like always, a shiver ran down her spine as he called her with his deep, velvety voice.

"Hmm?" Aahana hummed while finishing the paperwork.

"Wanna go home?" he asked, his fingers tapping on the desk.

She finally looked up at him with a shocked expression morphed on her face. No matter how many days passed, she still wasn't used to this new version of her husband.

"Uh, sure," she mumbled, piling her files inside her bag and getting up.

He nodded at her, and they both strolled down to the parking lot. Aahana headed to her car but halted when Atharva told her to get into his Aston Martin DB9.

Stupefied, she hopped inside. 

"I'll cook today," Atharva announced, and without another word, he strode into his room.

Aahana blinked and nodded to no one, as she walked into her own, hurrying to the bathroom for a quick shower. In no time, she came out, dressed in a pair of black leggings and a red checkered top.

She heard some shuffling and headed to the kitchen to find Atharva rummaging through the fridge, carelessly throwing vegetables on the counter which were falling on the floor.

Sighing, she walked up to him. And damn, did he have a nice ass? She mused, admiring his round and firm ass which was sticking out in the black sweatpants as he bent down to look inside the fridge. Did he have dimples as well? She cocked her head to one side and narrowed her eyes to get a better look and right at the moment, he turned around, only for him to collide with her, spilling more vegetables on the floor.

"Ow." She rubbed her head which hurt slightly as it hit his rock-hard chest.

He cursed and raised a brow at her questioningly. "What are you doing here?"

"Um...I-I came here to help you."

"Yeah, thank you so much for the help," he muttered sarcastically as he gestured to the veggies littered on the floor.

Aahana scowled and leaned down to pick them up. "Not my fault, but you see, I am very nice. So, I will help you."

He rolled his eyes and grabbed her shoulder, pushing her out of the kitchen."Thank you, but I am capable of doing everything on my own."

Pouting, she made her way to the drawing-room and decided to watch a movie while he cooked. But she was having a hard time containing her excitement. She couldn't wait to taste the food made by him.

"Dinner is ready," yelled Atharva from the dining room when she was halfway through the romantic scene of Yeh jawani hai deewani. She nodded and switched off the TV before jumping up and rushing towards the dining table.

She could already smell the delectable aroma of the Indian food he'd prepared and she felt her mouth salivate at the sight of rice, phulka, Dal, aalu bhaji, palak paneer and salad. They were so simple but the Indian spices always enhanced the taste.

Her stomach rumbled, and she took a seat, treating herself hurriedly.

Atharva was watching her with amusement dancing in his eyes. "Is it any good?"

Without hearing him, she nodded vigorously and continued eating.

Atharva shook his head and wolfed down his meal.

After dinner, they did the dishes, Aahana washing while Atharva dried.

When they were finished, Aahana took hold of Atharva's hand and pulled him to the drawing-room.

He tensed at her touch.

Breathing deeply, he tried to loosen himself a little as she settled on the couch with him beside her. He focused on the Bollywood movie playing to keep himself distracted. He'd never gotten time to watch anything, and he never liked all the drama, but now as he sat there, he was intrigued.

By the time the credits rolled, it was 1:00 am, but they didn't have work the next day as it was Sunday, so it wasn't a problem watching TV late at night.

"That was good." Aahana smiled as she stretched her arms.

Atharva nodded, his eyes trained on her movements. She was covered from head to toe but she looked so enticing. Her long raven hair flowed down to her waist, and he wanted to run his fingers through the silky thread, but he refrained and shook his head to clear his wayward thoughts.

He quickly stood up, causing her to look up at him.

"Uh... I better g-go and sleep," he stuttered, looking down at his feet.

"Okay?" Aahana was confused by the sudden change in his behavior.

He nodded and bolted inside like greased lightning, shutting the door behind him.

Aahana frowned, her eyes not leaving the closed-door before she shrugged and focused back on the TV. Another movie was about to start and she couldn't help but grin as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

She was so engrossed in the movie, she didn't hear the door creak open and Atharva stride towards her with a confused look. He rubbed his eyes and glanced at the clock hanging on the wall and back at her. He tapped her shoulder lightly to get her attention and she shrieked in horror, scaring Atharva as well who jumped back with wide eyes.

"You scared me," she whispered and shook her head.

"Me? You are the one who scared me!" Atharva retorted and plopped on the couch. "Who the hell watches a movie at 3:30 AM?"

"Everyone except you." Aahana shrugged. "Anyway, weren't you asleep?"

"Yeah, I woke up to drink water and heard the noises from this idiotic box. I thought you had forgotten to switch it off."

"Nah... I wasn't feeling sleepy."

"Which movie are you watching?" Atharva asked, letting out a small yawn. And he looked the most adorable as his mouth formed a small 'o'.

"Bhatakti Atma."

"What?" Atharva sputtered.

"Yep. It's a horror film, super scary."

Atharva gulped and nodded as he peeked at the screen for a second before looking at her. "Cool. I hate movies. I gotta go."

Aahana pulled him down and stifled a giggle seeing his pale face. "No, Atharva. Come on! Let's watch it together. I'll bring popcorn too."

"Uh, Aahana? It's 3:35 AM now. Popcorn, really?" he spoke slowly, thinking if she'd lost her mind.

Aahana shrugged and went to the kitchen. "Wait! I am coming. Wouldn't want you to get scared, y'know?" he muttered, scratching the back of his neck as he followed her.

Aww... he is so cute when he is scared. Aahana wanted to pinch his cheeks.

They walked back to the room and settled on the couch with the popcorn and drinks.

And that was when she had an epiphany.

Without trying, Atharva had allured her.

She didn't know if it was love, of course, it couldn't be, could it? What she felt for him was different. It was unnatural. A new feeling blossoming in the pit of her stomach.

She had never fallen for someone before this. She had never seen someone so perfect. Perfect in his own way.

Suddenly she found him occupying her mind and heart.

Do you all like the story so far? Is it any good? Please let me know through your votes and comments! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 51.5K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
394K 13.3K 40
๐™„๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š [๐—–๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ] ๐˜™๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
2.4M 91.3K 52
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...
22.1K 1.9K 21
Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aarush Rathore wasn't keen on getting married, b...