Broken [ ON HIATUS ]

By rxmantic

"But it turns out, the life I've always imagined might not compare to the future I've never dreamed of." - Ki... More

Information
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Lost & Found
Chapter 3: Who's 'we'?
Chapter 4: Mash Potatoes
Chapter 5: Popcorn please!
Chapter 6: I Hate the Beach
Chapter 7: Megan on Ice
Chapter 8: Hugs & Disses
Chapter 9: Ella Cruella
Chapter 10: Dress to Impress
Chapter 11: This Means War
Chapter 12: 123 - Part l
Chapter 12: Betrayal - Part ll
Chapter 13: Dear Diary aka Ava
Chapter 14: Tag you're it!
Chapter 15: Waterfalls... Onto my Dress
Chapter 16: He Chose Me
Chapter 17: Bad Memories
Chapter 18: Sparks Fly
Chapter 19: Hallways
Chapter 21: A Secret Revealed
Chapter 22: To Desire & To Regret
Chapter 23: Accidental Flirting
Chapter 24: Prom?
Chapter 25: A Night to Remember
Chapter 26: The Light that Took me Away
Author's Note
Chapter 27: Wake Up
Update
Chapter 28: She's gone
Chapter 29: Loved
Chapter 30: Scarves and Handcuffs
Chapter 31: Lies

Chapter 20: Goodbye

500 15 8
By rxmantic

Chapter 20 ❤️ Goodbye

Megan Green

I SMILE. HE SMILES. I laugh. He laughs. I flirt. He flirts.

I wonder if this is truly me liking West, or if this is all fake and I'm doing this for Asher. It's sad that I, myself, doesn't even know.

"French fry, my beauty?" He offers, wiggling a fry in my face.

"No thanks, my beast," I laugh.

We're in a relationship now, and it's funny how almost everyone knows already. Our status is now 'tweetable', I guess you could say. But part of me is doing this for Ash, and I will dread the moment West finds out this was all an act.

I look up at Kay, who blinks tears off her face. Her eyes are red, and so is her thin nose. The midnight black mascara drips down her cheekbone as she wipes another teardrop away, trying desperately to stop sobbing. I must have been so caught up with West that I forgot about Kay. I freeze, unable to say anything about this.

"Kay? Are you okay?" West speaks for me. He leans over to her, patting her on the back. "What happened?"

She stutters, "I-I... I can't say."

I pass her a napkin, even if I know that'll do no help. She wipes away the bleeding make up off her face, trying to find her words.

"I wanted to, to tell you guys, but... You were all so busy with your arguments and relationships and what not. You never had time for me."

I've never seen her cry like this before. In fact, I've never seen her cry. She would let out a little sigh every once in a while, but nothing ever got to her so much that she actually had to cry. I hate myself for not knowing that my best friend was experiencing so much pain. I'll hate myself even more if I found out that pain was from me.

"Kay, I don't understand. What's happening to you?" I purse my lips together as Jules and Asher walk into our conversation.

"Oh my God," Jules says, startled to see that Kay was actually is crying.

Asher said nothing. His immediate instinct was to comfort Kay as much as possible. "It's going to be alright."

I love how he didn't immediately ask what was happening and held his curiosity in. Unlike us, who instantly tried to figure out why she was crying.

He whispers, "do you want to tell us what's going on?"

She nods her head weakly. Before she can even talk, Ella starts laughing. Evilly.

"Awe, what's the matter, KayKay?" she laughs, talking in a mommy voice.

"It's none of your concern, Carmella," I spit, squinting my eyes at her.

"Shut up, daddy's girl. Is it so bad that I want to comfort Kayla-Wayla here?"

I steam up with anger. Usually, Kayla would slap the living kelp out of Ella right now, but she's too weak to even do anything. She knows her weaknesses, and when Kay is way too depressed to even talk.

"Just get the heck outta here, alright?" West shouts, pointing to the exit.

Okay, West is angry. This is officially something serious.

"I can do whatever I want with this bi-"

I hear a slap. I look at Ella, who's cupping her cheek in total shock. I glance at Jules, who's palm is red from slapping that devil.

Fortunately, the bell rings before Cruella could do anything to hurt her. She had no chance of hurting Jules anyway. Asher and West were there to defend her, but not me. I'm still furious with that girl.

Kay runs out of here faster than anyone else in the room. I'll find out what's going on.

I will.

* * *

"I can't do it guys. It's too painful for me." She lowers her head, looking away from us.

I hate to try to force this out of her, but I will not go home not knowing what's wrong with Kay.

I lay my hand on hers, hoping I could somehow communicate with her through touch. "It's going to be okay."

She nods, exhaling deeply. "Okay, okay. I'll say it."

We all let out a sigh of relief, glad we won't be going home worrying all day about what's wrong with her.

"I'm, I'm," We lean in closer to her, anxious to hear her voice. "moving."

I stop dead in my tracks, unable to move. Asher's face is sheet white while West is closing his eyes, trying to think optimistic thoughts. I don't bother to look at Jules.

"What do you mean your moving?" I question, holding in my tears.

She purses her lips together. "My parents are, are," She bursts into tears. "divorcing. Th-They want to separate, so my Mom is bringing me somewhere else."

I can't help questioning her. "Why don't you stay with your Dad? Why do you have to go with your Mom?"

"Don't you understand? My Dad's the one who started this all! He doesn't want anything to do with us anymore. He doesn't love us." She shakes her head. "He loves someone else."

"Kayla, I'm so sorry," Jules frowns, leaning into a hug.

"I already finished packing. We're leaving tomorrow morning, and heading for Italy. All my relatives are there, and they are gladly welcoming us to stay with them."

T-Tomorrow? Morning?!

My sympathetic self immediately leaves my system. How could she have never told me she's leaving?

"Why are you telling me now?! Kay, I'm your best friend! You're supposed to tell me everything!" I shout, startling her and everyone else.

"Calm down, Meg. Her Dad left her for God's sake!" Jules hisses.

"Stay out of this." I look at Kay, who's sobbing a river right now. "When were you planning on telling me this? Telling us this?"

"Soon, I just didn't know when. You were all so busy, and you basically just neglected me!"

My body tenses up with rage. She is trying to blame me for her own fault! My own best friend!

"That's not an excuse. I already have so many people taken away from me, and now you? You're sick, you're just plain-"

"Stop it, Megan. You're just making this worse! Maybe you're the reason why she didn't tell us! Maybe she probably knew better than to tell you!" Asher yells, fuming up with anger.

I blink a few times, trying to make sure this isn't some dream. He actually yelled at me. For the first time, he actually yelled at me.

I'm about to respond when I see West grab the collar of Asher's shirt. "Don't you ever talk to her like that!"

West's face is steaming up with furiousness, his nostrils flaring, chest pumping. Asher was quite startled, but he doesn't look frightened at all. He looks more belligerent.

"Please stop!" Kay begs, tugging at the bottom of Asher's shirt.

Fortunately, West lets go of him. His shirt is crumpled up now, but that's not what worries me. They've never fought before, especially not over me.

Hey, two boys are fighting over me! Check that off my bucket list.

Shut up, Meg. They're fighting about you, not over you! And only one of them is really on your side, anyway.

Ugh, I hate how I'm always right.

"Are you kidding me? Kay is leaving now, and all you guys want to do is fight! She's already went through so much." Jules shakes her head disapprovingly.

"You think she's the only one? Jules, my family is tearing apart, and I'm losing my friends," I say. "and it's all because of you."

And that's when the shouting begins.

Kay stands up. "Alright, if you guys are just going to fight like this, then I'm leaving!"

With that, she leaves and runs to her car. Asher and West attempt to follow, but I stop them. "I think it'd be better for us to stay like this."

Ash nods. "At least she'll remember us as complete buttholes, and won't bother to miss us."

What have I done? I just lost another person that I love.

Goodbye, Kay.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

It truly is sad that Kay is leaving 'Broken', but she'll always be in our hearts!

Okay, that's a little dramatic.

Anyway, next chapter reveals a HUMONGOUS secret! So stay with me, guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...