I Just Wanted the Remote...

By jennastromberg

Jenny Markings isn't a fool when it comes to love...that was until she discovered she had buried feelings for... More

Character's;
New Hot Neighbor...Didn't See That One Coming
Midnight Swim=Big Mistake
Aaron has a secret, What's new?
That Didn't Last Long
Tricked
Aaron, Rescue Me!
Aaron confesses
Stuck Between Two Rocks
This is Going Too Far
It's over. Period.
Teaser! :)
Don't let the past detour you away from your future
Part One
Part Two
Here we go again
Tug of War
He's the one I want
You're not my sister
Confessions Part l
Confessions Part ll
Game Over
No reason
7 years earlier
Stupid high school drama
Mixed feelings
Overwhelming news
Keep calm
Bringing Aaron home
Are you done avoiding me?
That's all I wanted
SEQUEL NEWS. (IMPORTANT.)
I think I always have
I want to leave
I'm glad we're friends
I can't do it anymore. I don't want to.
It's different this time
Don't scare me like that again
Goodbyes
Epilogue;
Sequel.

I invited him

16.7K 192 6
By jennastromberg

“Time to get up!”  Hayden’s voice carried in my room.  I opened my eyes, and he was kneeling on my bed, smiling from ear to ear.  I force myself to sit up, and rub the sleep from my eyes.  “What the hell?” I ask, glancing at the clock on my beside table.  “It’s Saturday, and you’re waking me up at nine.  This better be good.” I mumbled, and fell back on the pillow.  I took a glance at Aaron, who was lying on his belly.  He had his arms crossed under his face, resting halfway on the pillow.

Hayden stood, and threw up his arms.  “Well first, we have an appointment to go look at this apartment in the European Village.  And second, you know what happens when mom and dad aren’t home.”

I do, and I dread it every times.

                Hayden left the room, and I just stared at the ceiling.  “Aaron,” I turned over, and pushed his shoulder.  I shook him until he woke up.  It took quite awhile, him being a heavy sleeper.  He finally woke, turning over on his back with a long sigh.  “It’s too early for this” he groaned, turning on his side away from me.  I threw an arm over his waist, and rested my chin in the crook of his neck.  “You need to get up.  We have to leave soon.”

He shook his head.

I turned my head in, and opened my mouth a little.  I closed in slowly, biting his neck.

He chuckled, “You know that’s a turn on.”

I removed my mouth, and gave him a light shove.  “Get up.”  I kissed his cheek, and got out of the bed.  I walked to my dresser, pulling out clean clothes.  I took a look at Aaron before leaving the room to get ready.  He was still sleeping.

After I showered, I straitened my hair, and put it into a loose braid to the side.  I put on a light layer of makeup, and walked out of the bathroom.  As I passed by Hayden’s room, I heard Lea’s giggle.  The door was cracked, so I entered myself.  “I’m not going to lie, this is still weird.” I leaned against the wall, and crossed my arms over my chest.  Hayden had his arm wrapped around her waist, and her head rested on Hayden’s chest. 

They both looked at me, Lea still smiling.  “And you and Aaron aren’t weird?” Hayden said, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head, “It’s going to take some getting used to.”

Hayden shook his head, sneaking a kiss on Lea’s cheek.  “Speaking of Aaron, where is he?”

                “He never got up?”

Hayden shook his head slowly.  I groaned, walking out of the room.

                I walked into my room, and Aaron was still sleeping in the same position I left him in.  I walked over to where he was laying, and I pinched his shoulder.  “Ow!” he yelled, turning over to his other side.  “Get up!  We are leaving in five minutes.”

I pulled the blanket off of him, revealing him only in his boxers.  I at least put a t-shirt on last night.  He finally got up, dragging himself into the bathroom.  He gave me a funny face before he disappeared around the corner.

I was sitting in the living room with Hayden and Lea, waiting for Aaron’s appearance.  I’m pretty sure he’s out of the shower by now, the water shut off a few minutes ago.  “So,” Hayden started.  “Why are your and Aaron’s clothes by the pool?” he smirked.

I stared blankly at him.  “It doesn’t take a rocket scientist.” I remarked.

Lea was holding back laughter.  “Well, it looks like you two made up.”

I nodded, and just then Aaron came trudging down stairs.  He was mumbling about something. 

                He stopped in the middle of the living room, and gestured towards the door.  “Let’s go.  I need my beauty sleep.”  He pulled his hood over his head, and followed Hayden and Lea out the front door.  I locked the door behind me, and caught up to them as they were getting into the car.  I jumped in the backseat with Aaron, and closed the door as Hayden started the car.

                As soon as we pulled out, Aaron rested his head on my shoulder with a yawn.  I rested a hand on his upper thigh, stroking my thumb smoothly over the top.  Hayden and Lea were engaged in conversation, and Aaron was half asleep still.  My mind started wonder off, and got to think about last night’s conversation.  I really enjoyed our time last night, and the overall conversation.  I think Aaron and I have connected on a much deeper level than before.  I thought by me saying we should forget everything about Kale, would help me forget about Kale.  And what happened between us on the beach.  I wanted to tell Aaron the night it happened, but I couldn’t.  He raged just because I forgave him.  Imagine what will happen when I tell him.  But maybe Lea’s right.  Maybe he’ll look past it, because he does love me.  I have never once thought about leaving Aaron for Kale.  Kissing Kale that night, was more of an act of desperation.  I was alone.

                I didn’t have Aaron, Lea, or Hayden.  Cody was gone as well.  Lea and Hayden were always together, and I had Kale there to comfort me for the mistake he made.  I regret that night with Kale.  I would take it back if I could.  I know I led Kale on by doing that, and I shouldn’t have.  Now he won’t leave me alone about it.  He’s actually been pretty nice lately, which is kind of scary.  I’ve seen Nina a few times in the halls, but not too much.  She rolls her eyes at me usually, along with her group of friends.  I always get a laugh out of it.

We arrived at the European Village moments later.  It was just over the bridge, about ten-fifteen minutes away from where we reside.  I stepped out of the car, and walked around the other side.  Aaron was just stepping out, and he offered me his hand.  He laced our fingers, and followed Lea and Hayden.  We entered the building, and it reminded me of a hotel lobby.  Most likely a Hilton hotel, maybe.

                The guys at the front desk looked up with a smile; “You must be Hayden?” he smiled.  He was an older man.  There was a bit of grey in his chocolate brown hair.  He wasn’t muscular, and he was shorter than Hayden.  He was only maybe a few inches taller than I was.  We followed close behind him after he grabbed a set of keys from behind his desk.

                We walked the halls of the first floor, and we stopped in front of apartment 36A.  He opened it, and let us walk in before, and he followed close behind.  “If you have any questions, let me know.” Hayden nodded, and started looking around.  Aaron left me to follow Hayden, and Lea stayed with me.  This place actually reminded me of a hotel.  It was slightly bigger than any hotel I’ve been in, and it was completely furnished.  It was nice and clean, and then I imagine Hayden and Aaron attacking the place. 

                The walls were white, and had a few paintings along them.  Mainly sail boats, and beaches.  If they got this place, I know they would take those down.  Lea and I stood in the living room while they looked around.  I feel like I’ve been here before, but can’t exactly place my finger on it.

                The boys came back into the living room, not looking exactly satisfied.  That could just be the way the look, not sure.  “We’ll call.” Hayden smiled, and opened the door.  That was a nice way of saying; we don’t want it, but thank you for your time.  I know Hayden never intends to call.

Back in the car, Hayden talks about how he didn’t like it.  How there was really no connection.  We laughed when he talked about having a connection with an apartment.  “I don’t like that it’s furnished.” He stated.  “Someone could have died in the bed.  Or on the couch.  That bed could be crawling with, only god knows.” And he went on and on.  “But, we have another appointment tomorrow to look at a few condos on the beach.”

The beach is more their speed anyways.  “So, as you know, I’m hosting a party tonight.” Hayden started again.  “Lea’s brother had to get the drinks.  We have to stop by there before we hit home…” After he said home, I completely zoned out.  Hayden hasn’t had a party since…well since the night Aaron kissed me against my will for the second times.  I shuddered, memories.

The sun was no longer in the sky, and now replaced with the moon.  I have a feeling people will be arriving any minute.  Hayden and Lea were upstairs doing something I don’t want to know about, and Aaron should be back soon.  I was feeling uneasy about this party.  A part of me felt like something was going to go wrong, because I’m just a big black cloud of bad luck.  It has a tendency to follow me.  Oh fellow luck and I are never on the same page.  He’s always two paged ahead…

                The sound of the front door opening pulled me out of my inner babble.  I stood from the couch, and walked into the front room.  Aaron was standing there in a new set of clothes, and a smile he wore perfectly.  “It’s kind of sad it takes you over two hours to get ready.” I leaned against the railing of the stairs, and he took a few steps closer to me.  He leaned a little, giving me a small kiss.  “Hmmm, I haven’t had one of those all day.”

He smiled kissing me again.

Just then, Lea and Hayden came running down stairs, and into the kitchen.  I followed them, and just as I was about to reach the kitchen, the door bell rang, and there were several bangs on the door.  Let’s get this party started.

It’s been about an hour into the party, and the house already smells like perfume, alcohol, and sweat.  None of which mixed well together.  I lost Aaron a few moments ago, and I’ve yet to locate him.  Lea was attached to Hayden’s hip, and paying no mind to me.  I pushed my way out of the living room and up the stairs to see if Aaron wondered up here.  I checked my room, no Aaron.  I looked in Hayden’s room, knocked on all the bathroom doors, and still no Aaron.

                I made my way back downstairs and just as I reached the last step, Kale walked through the front door.  My eyes widened, and I quickly walked over to him.  “Are you crazy?  What the hell are you doing here?”

He opened his mouth to speak, but someone else’s voice interrupted.  “I invited him.”

I turned around, and this was surprising…

--------------------------------------------------

Boring ass chapter, I apologize yet again.  I'm making this a two parter, so the next part will either be up tonight, or tomorrow sometime.

Vote and comment? :3

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
258 15 22
After June's father died her family and friends became worried about her mental state, it's been two years and people still walk on eggshells around...
6.1M 65.2K 25
Madison's life has been one bad thing after the next,but things starts to change when she starts to attend a prestige school for the rich, she does w...
1.4K 195 44
Having a big fat crush on two of the best looking guys in school, at different times of course, no issues. After passing out no contact with them, no...