Grace(GirlxGirl)

By Cruz0814

Parker, a senior in high school, has just moved back to California after her dad passed away. She is excited... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NOTICE
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 6

7.3K 250 21
By Cruz0814

Grace: You alright?

I stared at the last text Grace had sent me three weeks ago. It was Friday and Summer break was going to end after the weekend. I'd been avoiding Grace the past three weeks by forcing myself with Charlie and/or Isabelle every day. We'd go watch movies or crash parties and shop in the mall. Anything to keep my mind off Grace. I hated not seeing her, but, I also hated being reminded of The Kiss.

I felt like I was ready, after three weeks, to finally have a normal conversation with Grace. I convinced myself that she was single and old enough to make decisions for herself. This included who she kissed.

Kara: Yes.

Kara: Sorry I haven't been replying.

Within a few minutes I got a reply from Grace.

Grace: That's alright, kids have kid's stuff to do.

Grace: Wanna get sushi?

I frowned at the first text, but I couldn't possibly deny a sushi date. I mean, sushi.

Kara: First of all, I'm not a kid. Second of all, yes, sushi sounds good.

Grace: Whatever you say. Okay, pick me up at Glen Ville High at 4. Thanks.

I wondered why she didn't want to drive, but went with it anyway.

I was sitting downstairs on the couch. I had a while to wait before leaving to pick up Grace so I decided to sit with my mom for a bit. I haven't properly spoken to her since dad died, mainly because I was trying my hardest to avoid it. The TV was on then, but I wasn't paying any attention to it. I wanted to ask my mom how she's been doing, but didn't know where to start.

After a while the news caught my attention. Some gay celebrity was getting married to his long time partner. I sat up, realizing I didn't know how my mother felt about gay people. I'd always assumed that she'd be super supportive because I hadn't really got the chance to spend time with her since middle school but she was always the most supportive person. I stared at my mom, trying to figure out what she was thinking. She let out a loud sigh and spoke, "Kara, do you know this singer?" she asked.

"Uh, no, not really," I said, not understanding why she asked.

"Oh, good," She said. My heart dropped to my stomach. She continued to speak, "Don't let those people be a bad influence to you, Kara."

I nodded as I checked the time. Still an hour until I should be leaving, but I couldn't handle being at home anymore. "Uh, mom, I should go now."

She looked up.

"I'm hanging out with Grace later." I explained.

"That's good." She just smiled. I didn't feel happy, obviously, even though I loved seeing my mother smile as a kid. I liked when she was happy for something I did.

I asked for the car keys and walked out towards the car. It reminded me of dad. I wondered what dad would think about my sexuality. I wondered why I didn't ask or know before today, but then I remembered I was never home long enough until this summer.

Kara: Are you busy?

I texted Grace after wandering around town, I didn't know the way to many places so I couldn't really go anywhere.

Grace: Are you here?

I smiled. She's probably the only person that replies to a question with another question.

Kara: I'll be there pretty soon, I'll wait outside if you're busy.

Grace: I'll be alone anyway, come in, my room is C205.

I replied with Ok and drove towards Glenn Ville High.

[GLEN VILLE HIGH SCHOOL - HOME OF THE FALCONS]

Glen Ville was a relatively bigger town than the one my boarding school was in, which meant that the high school had more students. There was one main building connecting to two smaller ones, a gymnasium, arts centre and a baseball field next to a soccer pitch that is surrounded by tracks. I'd been to Glen Ville before, for the transferring process and campus visit, I liked the school.

The buildings were labeled A, B and C, so I found my way pretty quickly. I walked up the stairs in building C and found Grace's room, C205. I looked through the small windows on the door and saw Grace in front of her desk. She had her hair up in a bun and wore glasses. Two of my biggest weaknesses. If she didn't know me since I was a baby and will be my teacher soon, I'd probably have a huge crush on her. As I observed her she was focused on typing into her laptop, I didn't even realise but I stared at her until she noticed someone out the door.

When I finally noticed that she noticed me, she opened the door for me and spoke, "Well, what are you waiting for, Parker?"

"I..uh..Okay," I nodded as I walked in the classroom, "Uhm..Hi?"

She chuckled at my greeting, "Yes, hello Parker."

"Uhh.." I scratched the back of my neck in response.

"Just take a seat, I'll be done soon, I need to talk to you after that" She looked up and gave me a weird look. I didn't know what she was going to talk about, but I was sure it was nothing good.

"Okay" I sat in a second row seat in front of Grace. I had gotten used to sitting in this position at my old school because I was close to blind without my glasses. I used to wear my thick glasses everywhere, after I discovered the great invention of contact lenses, I only wore glasses in school.

I observed the class room, it was bright and painted in white, there wasn't many decorations, I assumed it was because Grace took down ones the previous teacher had left.

After around ten minutes, Grace finally stopped typing and looked up. I noticed she was staring at me, so I turned and looked directly towards her. Knowing I wouldn't be able to escape The Talk.

"So, Parker, what have you been doing lately?" Grace said.

"Uh..," I had to choose my words very wisely, "Hanging out with Charlie and Isabelle mostly."

"Charlie?"

"A girl," I explained, "She's bells' friend who apparently is interested in me"

"Oh." She paused, as if she was thinking. The she opened her mouth to speak again. "So busy you couldn't take a minute to reply to my text?"

"Uh..ye...uh...yes" I guessed she wanted to ease into the night at the club and why I've been ignoring her, I wasn't wrong.

"What happened when you came to pick me up at Hunt?" She asked, then added, "Thanks for doing that, by the way."

"You're welcome, it's nothing, I was in Hunt before you called me anyway" I said.

"How did you get in there?" Grace asked.

"I think Bells knows the owner or guard or something" I said.

"I got off topic, keep going, what happened that night?" She stood and walked over to where I was sitting.

"Well...I was in the club saw you when you started making o-" The door opened without a knock and I immediately stopped. I froze.

"Hey Grace, oops, you have a guest." Ms.Wild(the one from The Kiss) said.

"McKenzie, what are you doing here?" Grace frowned and asked.

"I was just about to ask if you wanted to go grab dinner" Ms.Wild explained, she turned and looked at me, "This is?"

I took it as my cue to speak, "I'm Kara Parker, Grace's friend."

"Kara came to pick me up for dinner, we're actually leaving now" Grace said, I didn't question anything she said, I just followed her. I found it weird that Grace only called me by my last name when we were alone, though.

"Oh well, next time then," Ms.Wild smiled and said, "I'll walk you two out"

Grace packed all her things and made eye contact with me, telling me to leave with Ms.Wild.

"Kara, how old are you?" Ms.Wild asked.

"I'm 17" I said, although I wasn't quite sure if Grace wanted me to tell her that.

"Oh, how'd you know Grace?" Ms. Wild continued to ask.

"McKenzie, don't you think you're asking a little too much?" Grace said.

I was now stuck between two grown, intimidating, women, not knowing what to say. I chose to stay quite.

"Oh come on Grace, I was just getting to know Kara." Ms. Wild said.There were no facial expression on Grace, so I couldn't read her even if i wanted to.

Grace turned to me and said in a lower tone of voice, "Kara, can you go drive the car here?"

"Sure," I said to her and walked away as soon as I could. Before I left I heard Grace turn to Ms. Wild.

"McKenzie, we're grown-ups, it was one drunk kiss." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2.4K 17
Veronica is a senior in high school, a new English teacher arrives and they slowly become connected with each other. Except one is verging on the lin...
3.1M 94.2K 31
girlxgirl HIGHEST RANKING(S): #1 IN GIRLONGIRL #1 IN GIRLS #1 IN TEACHER #5 IN GXG An emotionally battered woman with a craving for a attention and a...
802K 27.2K 72
Alex GarcĂ­a is your typical badass lesbian starting her last year of highschool. She has a very complicated family situation not to mention her past...
16.6M 379K 74
~TeacherXStudent/ GirlXGirl~ Sam never had an easy life, and as she battles with the memories of her dysfunctional past she also has to battle the se...