The Monster [H.S.]

By cuddlinghxrry

They call themselves the Terrebit, but I just call them the Monsters. They invaded earth years ago, when I w... More

The Monster
Prologue
Chapter 1: Part 2
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Part 1
Chapter 24: Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Part 1
Chapter 52: Part 2
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: FINAL CHAPTER PART I
Chapter 67: FINAL CHAPTER PART II
THANK U

Chapter 1: Part 1

12K 348 23
By cuddlinghxrry

10 Years Later

"Tomorrow marks the 16th year of the invasion of Terrebit" I spoke nervously into the microphone, as I stood on the podium and spoke to over 2000 members of the Intrinsecus. I bit my lip nervously, looking to Daryl for support before continuing.
"That means the annual war will be upon us. To those of you who do not know, it will be like no other fight. It's every man for himself. No one will be there to shoot from behind when you turn your back for just a moment. If you see a pair of blue eyes, you shoot. Do you understand me?" I command, and heads nodded in almost a Mexican wave, as my voice reached the back of the crowd. Blue eyed people were banned from the camp, against my own will. Daryl insisted we could trust no one.
"May I remind you tomorrow also marks the 10th anniversary of Mark T Foster's death. My father." My stomach sank at the thought, but my new man made mentality pulled it back up.
"If you could keep this man, who devoted the remainder of his life to the Intrensicus in your thoughts, it would be much appreciated. Thank you." I finally breathed, as claps sounded from the ever-growing crowd.

"Good job, kiddo" Daryl applauded, placing a hand on my shoulder, as I descended the stairs of the podium to the ground below.

Daryl had been my father figure since my dad passed, and raised me and my brother like his own.

"Thanks Daryl."

As I walked back to base, a lot of the older members congratulated me, and I managed to suppress a smile, even though I'm not the type of person to show much emotion. Over the years of continuous fighting, the ongoing war has moulded me into somewhat of a stoic.

I could count on my fingers the number of times I've laughed in the last 10 years.

Everything is a bit darker when no one is there to show you the light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 5.4K 27
"Harry I'm scared." I whispered, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Don't be Maddie, I'm here." He whispered, gently kissing my forehead. Suddenly a do...
45.4K 3.2K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
1.3M 38.5K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...
111K 4.9K 99
Humans have been practically gone for over hundreds of years. Or so they thought This Story Is Completed