Surrounded by Bad Boys

By KellyWeb

I was pushed onto the side of the car roughly. I gasped at the impact. "Oh, you hate me?" He asked as we both... More

Surrounded by Bad Boys
You again...
Bring it Around town
The Escape
Idiots & a Trip to the mall
Guess Who!
"Well that was Interesting..."
A/N Story Trailer
New News vs. Old News
Unwanted vs. Wanted Moments
Truth of the 'Fox'
Cue the Meltdown
Lana's Words
Jealousy is Not a Good Color
A Night to Remember-HSM had it wrong-
We Can't Forget
Clean Slate
Commotion and Devotion
Speaking Up
I'm Jamie F*%#ing Jamison!
Disapointments and Broken Promises
Learning New Things
"It's Official Now"
Wrong Number
Day of Surprises
No More Secrets
Deal Making
Moving Clock
The Winter Ball
He's Not Here
"I think I'm on my Period"
The Day I Marked (Preview) Not an Update
Road Trip
It's Because I Care
A Quiet Day
Starting Winter Break
Don't Tell Eric
Playing With Your Head
Birthday Part 1
Birthday Part 2
It's Our Secret
New Paths
Happy?
Acceleration
Choo-Choo
Why Are You Here
Welcome Back
Caught
Open Your Eyes
Long Live the King
The Choice

Game On.

229K 5.6K 2.7K
By KellyWeb

Happy Saturday! Enjoy.

outfit on side --->

When someone leaves you always expect them to come back. At least that's what we hope for...what I hope for. Once upon a time there was a girl name Jamie. She was innocent and pure and fun. Then she met a guy...a good guy? She hoped so. She ended up falling in love with this guy and after showing that love she woke up to find the guy gone. She thought, maybe he had to do something! He'll be back! But she waited...and waited. Days passed...weeks...then months. After months passed she just gave up on his return. But the wound was still fresh, and it hurt...so bad.

So now, I'm sitting on my bed, hands trembling, anger and sadness fuming from me. I won't cry though. I will not cry. I bite the inside of my mouth to stop from showing any emotion.

"Jamie?" Rick grabbed my hand. I flinched a little but let him hold on. I continued to stare ahead not making contact with Rick. "Jamie." I slowly turned my head and looked at him. "Talk to me." He whispered.

"Why is he coming home?" My voice sounded so hoarse and low.

"He didn't give a lot of details...but he did ask about you. I didn't tell him you moved yet." He traced circles in my hand waiting for me to say something.

"When?" I looked at him. Why the hell would Sean be coming back after almost two years? Why would he just pop back up?

"In about two months..."

I nodded and sniffed my nose standing off the bed. I stretched out my body and let out a breath. I need a release. I don't want to be here right now. I need to be a rebel for the night. "Let's go somewhere." I forced a little smile. Rick looked uncertain and was eyeing me.

"Jamie, are you ok? I know you need to talk about this." He raised both his eyebrows. I shook my head and walked to my closet. I began flicking through clothes on the rack.

"I'm fine, Rick. Seriously. I just...need to clear my mind." I gave him a reassuring smile. Just then an idea popped into my head. I dashed to my phone and scrolled through my contact list. I found the number I wanted and called.

"Hey there, beautiful."

"Hey Steph." I chuckled, knowing he cringed at the nick name.

"What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you guys were doing anything tonight. Anything involving cars." I said slowly. The line was quiet for a moment, and I almost lost hope.

"Actually, yes. You should come through." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Someone will be happy to see you, and I'm not talking about me." He sang. I laughed and shook my head. "I'll text you the place and be there in about an hour and a half." I agreed and hung up.

"Get dressed Rick, we're going out!" I smiled. He looked hesitant but got up anyway.

I walked back into my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans that snug a little to me. I grabbed my black low dipped tank top and some sneakers. Once I changed I found my maroon beanie. I finished up and saw Rick standing ready by my bedroom door. He had on a pair of dark blue jeans, a long sleeve white shirt that fit him perfectly. His muscles really popped out. Yes I'm checking out my best friend.

"Do I look good?" He asked, striking poses.

"Yes you do." I nodded. He laughed and tugged my arm to lead me out the room. I closed my bedroom quietly. I'm not sure where Eric and his hooligans are. After I left earlier I heard them outside for a while but then after the news I just blocked everything out. The house was quiet so I assumed they left to go somewhere or maybe to Trevor's house.

I galloped down the stairs and into the garage. Stephen already sent me the address, he wanted me to meet him at this place by his garage. I turned on my car and pulled out the garage. It wasn't a long drive, Rick and I mostly belted out lyrics to songs.

When we did finally arrive, it was packed! I mean it was nothing compared to the Atlanta races, but still. For such a small town these are a lot of people. A couple stares followed my car as we pulled off to the side and parked. Rick and I stepped out the car like those cool people in the slow motion videos. You know when they look left and right and act all cool! Yeah! We did that.

I locked my car and met Rick half way to the front of the car. We continued to receive stares. I mean I understand. New people on new territory. We walked around looking at everyone's car and the people by them. All the drivers looked arrogant and cocky. I rolled my eyes I the thought. And yet...I see no girl racers. Interesting.

"Welcome! Welcome! New faces, and a pretty one at that. I'm talking to the girl buddy." The man in front of me babbled. I shot Rick an amused look and laughed silently. "What are you two doing in the area?"

"Well, we are new to town and I used to mess around with races back home-so here I am." I spoke. The guy nodded and continued on with his rant.

"I see. Well we're glad to have you. Do you need-,"

"Scram Tony. They're with us." A voice spoke behind us. Tony nodded with wide eyes and ran off. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around.

"You don't want his company. He's a crook." Stephen smiled. I nodded my head and walked to him. I gave a friendly nod to Matt and Sanders, which Matt returned. Sanders just looked around. The boy really hates me! "Hey beautiful." Stephan murmured and gave me a hug. "You look great." I patted his back awkwardly and waited for him to let go.

"Thanks, Steph." I laughed lightly. Stephan continued to rock us back and forth and I looked around awkwardly waiting for him to let go.

"Alright Stephen. You're freaking her out." Matt sighed. I laughed and shook my head in amusement. Stephen pulled away and grumbled some things to Matt. They bickered for a second until Sanders snapped them out of it. These boys were hilarious! "Hey Rick." They greeted him. Rick nodded at them and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Where's Damon?" I asked confused. I looked around seeing if could spot him but I didn't. Stephan looked at me with a creepy smirk and stepped closer.

"Why? You miss him?" He asked. My eyes widened at the accusations being made. I mean, yes I was attracted to him, and he made me feel nice inside. But after hearing today's news, I was reminded of the reason I built up a wall.

"W-what!? I just asked where he was!" I argued.

"Relax. I'm joking." Stephan patted my shoulder. "He's actually right there." He pointed behind me. I snapped my head in the direction. I heard a car vive to life and a door slam shut. But it was what was standing outside that door. Damon. In all his hot glory. He ruffled his hair fixed his leather jacket. I couldn't help but gawk at how good he looked.

"You're staring." Someone cleared their throat and nudged me. I shook my head and looked away.

"Sorry." I said a little embarrassed. "He's racing?" I asked.

"He's why everyone is here. Duh!" Stephan yelled. Was he that big of a deal? I mean that would explain why that Tony guy ran so fast. What's so scary about these boys though?

"Okay?" I dragged out. It's amazing how quick I forgot about all my problems being here, but this place is just as much a reminder of my past. I need a drink. "Is there like a bar or something here?" Rick gave me a knowing look but didn't say anything. I watched as giggling girls passed and waved and winked at the guys. They looked crazy in their too short dress and over used makeup.

"Yeah. There's this little shack over there. You can get a drink from there." Matt answered. I noted his directions and began to walk off.

"You want me to come with you?" Rick asked. I knew there was a hidden message but I decided to ignore it.

"No, it's fine. I'll find you afterwards. I'll call you to find you." I told him reassuringly.

"Jamie." He whined quietly. "Are you sure I should leave you alone, angry, sad, and drinking?" He whispered strictly. I darted my eyes to the others. They were watching our altercation curiously.

"Rick. I'm fine. I wasn't even thinking about that, thanks for bringing it up." I said sarcastically. Rick sighed and gave a defeated look. I grabbed his arm and gave him a pull. "Look, I'm sorry. But I really am fine. I...I just want to forget right now ok? Tomorrow. We will talk and play therapist tomorrow." I raised my eyebrow and gave him a small smile. He nodded and agreed.

I walked away and pushed through the people heading towards the shack. There were a few people lingering around the counter, but not that many. I walked up and stood waiting for a bartender. People passed and I could smell the alcohol radiating off of them. I hope none of them are driving.

"They aren't. We have people check for that." A voice grabbed my attention.

I looked up at the bartender and smiled a little. "Did I say that out loud?" He nodded and swung the small towel over his shoulder. "Yes you did." He laughed.

"Sorry. I just-, I guess I have a lot on my mind." I fumbled with my fingers.

"It's ok. I hear it a lot. Me being a bartender and all." He smirked. "What can I get you?" He asked.

"Something strong."

"Bad day?" He asked while he mixed and shook up a drink.

"You could say that." I grumbled. He chuckled and continued with my drink. He looked like he was in his twenties. He had brown hair and wore a navy blue long sleeve shirt. I couldn't see his eyes so I had to assume they were brown. He slid a drink and rested his arm in front of me crossed.

"I'm Zac." He spoke. "You I haven't seen before."

"I'm Jamie." I took a swig of my drink.

"You can put her drink under my tab." Someone said behind me. I strained my neck and looked to see Damon. He strolled up next to me and watched me.

"Hey Damon." I smiled. "Did you finish?" I asked, speaking about the race.

"Yea. I'm done for the night." He sounded relieved.

"Did you win?"

"He always does." Zac said. Damon just shrugged liked it was nothing. Zac shook his head and walked on to a new person to serve.

"What's wrong?" Damon asked. I looked at him for a moment and anticipated whether to answer or play it off.

"What do you mean?" I played it off.

"Your smile. It's not reaching your eyes." He leaned in a little closer. I was so lost in his eyes I didn't even notice our closed distance. I took a step back and laughed lightly.

"Just a little tired. Today's been crazy." I lied. He knew I was lying as well, but I'm happy he didn't push it. "So, tell me." I turned my body. "Why do Trevor and Danny hate you?"

"Well...that's a long history. One I don't think you'll be interested in." He waved off. He obviously didn't want to go into the story so I moved off the topic. Numerous girls passed by eyeing Damon and glaring at me.

"Looks like your fan club is starting to hate me." I laughed. I was taken back when a hand grazed my cheek. I looked at Damon who was staring intently at me. It was like he was memorizing every detail of my face. The bad thing about it was, I didn't move. I let him.

"You have soft skin." He mumbled. I busted into a fit of laughter not caring whose attention I gained.

"Thanks?" Our laughter was cut short by my cell phone. I followed the vibration to my back pocket and pulled out my phone. Danny. Damon read the screen and smirked.

"You mind if I answer?" He had a glint in his eyes. A mischievous glint. He was trying to start some trouble. And hell...I was going to let him. I handed him my phone and he gladly answered. "Hello? This is Jamie's phone." He smirked and threw in a quick wink in my direction. I couldn't hear anything they were saying on the other line so I have to wait for his reply.

"Oh, Jamie? She's right here. But she's a little busy at the moment." I held in my laughter to keep quiet. "Well, it's a little noisy. I can't really hear-uh Danny? Hello" And just like that he hung up.

"You know they are probably going to go crazy now. Especially since I'm with you." I grinned. He shrugged his shoulders and ruffle his hair. "I should go find Rick."

I finally found Rick sucking face with a girl next to a car. I didn't want to intrude so I stood a few feet away and watched with amusement.

"Beautiful!" A voice yelled, coming up to me slinging an arm over my shoulder. I watched Damon give Stephan an annoyed look. "Don't worry about him. He's just jealous of our bond." Stephan whispered to me. I laughed and gave him a shove. Damon's face turned even more irritated as Stephan whispered in my ear. I removed Stephan's arm and let out a sigh.

I wasn't paying much attention to Rick until I heard yelling coming from his direction. I instantly grew worried and watched as the guy shoved Rick back. I saw the girl he was just kissing standing behind the big, muscled guy, calling out his name I assumed. Shit. Damn you Rick! You had to find the girl with the scary boyfriend.

I took long strides walking over to the situation that was gaining a lot of attention. The guy was about to throw a punch but I grabbed his arm to stop him. "I'm sorry, but what's the problem here?" I asked. I want to make sure my scenario is correct.

"This fucker was kissing my girlfriend!" He yelled. His voice hurting my ears. I winced but nodded anyway.

"Look he didn't know. Can't you just let it slide? If he knew she had you as a boyfriend he wouldn't have been kissing her, isn't that right?" I shot Rick a tight smile. He nodded repeatedly.

"I don't care! I'm going to kick his ass." He yelled.

"Then stop yelling and do something!" Rick laughed. I shot Rick a scold and a look of disbelief.

"Rick. Shut up!" I hissed. I'm standing in the middle of these two guys and they both very well tower over me.

"Listen to your girl, bro. Or else you won't find yourself too lucky." He shouted. I pushed the guy back a few steps and turned to Rick.

"Are you ok?" I asked quietly. He nodded and rubbed his jaw. I guess I missed out when the guy did punch him.

"I'm fine." He rolled his eyes.

"Watch your friend next time." The guy snapped at me. I was getting tired of his attitude, and I'm really not in the mood.

"Or maybe you should watch your girlfriend next time. He wasn't the only one kissing, and I'm sure from the way I saw it, it wasn't forced." I growled back stepping up to the guy. I looked at his girlfriend who look both guilty and angry. I'm sure her anger was directed towards me, but I don't care.

"What did you say?" He took a step closer to me, but I put my palm up on his chest pushing him back.

"I'm not one for repeating myself, and I know you heard me." I sighed. He looked lost for words and I knew he didn't know what else to say. This made me want to laugh. I looked to my left and saw a dark green car model parked. The hood was up and I could easily see in. The engine was a year old, and was running on low nitrogen. Piece of junk.

"Is that your car?" I pointed to the green car.

"Yes. It is." He crossed his arms. I huffed out a laugh and shook my head. "Is there a problem?" He asked.

"No not at all!" I said sarcastically. I turned to Rick and waved him over. "Let's just go home." Rick took a step forward but we were stopped but this jackass.

"You can't just walk away like that." He said stepping in front of me.

"I think they can. Now move." Damon growled. I bit back my smile and stepped around the guy. But he gripped my arm.

"No I think she has something else she wants to say to me." This guy was really starting to tick me off. "Isn't that right?" He asked. Rick stepped forward as if he were about to swing but I stopped him.

"No he's right. I do have something to say." The guy looked confused and anticipated what I would say next. I leaned in closer towards his body so it seemed like a secret. "Your car...is shit." I jabbed him with my elbow and he quickly released.

"You stupid bitch!" He yelled.

"I've been called worse." I laughed. It's true I have. But I could care less on what people had to say about me.

"Oh yea? Why don't you just go home and leave these parts. You clearly don't know what you've got yourself into. You're not from around these parts princess." I slowly turned around and bit my tongue not to blow up on him.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked with a smile.

"Me challenge you? Ha! I'm sorry, but I don't want to waste my breath."

"You sound pretty certain of yourself. I want to change that." I now stood in front of them. "Unless, you're scared?" I watched him debate with himself while he fumed on the outside.

"Meet me at the starting line princess." He snapped. He turned around to his girlfriend and they whispered fiercely at each other. I turned away and headed towards my car. I'm going to race tonight. I smiled at the thought.

"What do you think you're doing?" Damon yanked my arm back.

"I'm going to my car." I said in a 'duh' tone. All the guys stood behind Damon.

"No you're not. You're not racing him." Damon laughed humorlessly.

"It's dangerous Jamie. I know you're good. But this is serious. This guy will play dirty." Matt added. I appreciated their concern, but I was going to do whatever I wanted. I have done plenty of races back home. And not to brag...but I win. I'm not scared of this guy.

"Thanks for the 'heads up', but I'm racing." I smiled sadly at them.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Damon asked Rick.

"She has made up her mind. After a while you learn to accept her instincts. Besides I know she can do this. And I want her to whoop this guy's ass." Rick winked. I laughed and gave him a pound.

"I'll make you proud, fox." I waved at the rest of the guys who all had worry etched on their face even Sanders! I hopped into the driver's seat and turned the ignition. I am so excited right now, I can feel energy surging through me. Damon tapped my window and I rolled it down.

"Be careful." He said. I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

"See you at the finish line." I pulled off as the sea of people parted and I road to the starting line. I looked out my window and saw the guy in his seat smirking happily, like he already won. He has no idea.

The girl stepped in between the two car and began a count down. She threw her hands up as she got to the number five. When she got to three I roared my engine. I took a quick glance to my right and saw all the guys waiting there, anxiously.

Two.

One.

"Game on." I mumbled and slammed my foot on the gas.

Question: Who's your favorite character so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 345 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
22.1K 776 21
"Oh I..I'm I'm..?" The words wouldnt form. I backed up slowly as he cocked his head to the side, confusion on his face. Then he did the last thing I...
674K 17.1K 46
"And what if I don't Parker?" He asked, Smirking. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "I can easily go and tell my dad about-" I was instantly...
856 154 29
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...