connect.

By baddestbitchx

" same city, same friends if you're looking for me . " More

prologue | characters
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33 - the recap
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46 - hey, please read
47
48 - i'm back
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

1

15.5K 312 26
By baddestbitchx

siir - sugar (her too)

chapter one

beep beep beep... beeeeeep.

I switch off the loud, irritating alarm and manage to drag myself out of my bed, that was, after I let out a huge yawn.

another day in the big world of fun.

I done my hygiene and got dressed. I chose to go casual and not hurt anyone's feelings today with my slay. I slicked my hair into a ponytail and put on concealer, lipgloss and mascara.

I went back to the bathroom and checked that I looked okay .

I put on my canvas converse and threw a PINK cardigan on. The weather was supposed to be quite warm this whole week. I knew this because I actually watched the weather forecast  yesterday.

As if I don't have the app on my phone.

I made my bed and grabbed my headphones, a pack of opened gum and put my lipgloss in my bag , just incase I had to smack my lips at a hoe.

I grabbed my car keys, went downstairs and left the house, shutting the door behind me. It was so early that even the birds weren't chirping yet. I got inside the mercedes and reversed out of the drive way. I turned down the radio which started up by itself, blasting lil uzi vert.

I changed the station to the r&b one. SWV- you're the one played. It was much better than uzi screaming out some random crap. not that i didn't like him, I just didn't think it was suitable for today.

I drove through the city , making my way to the surgery. once I arrived , I parked in the car park and made my way inside.

I went straight to the reception desk where a pretty white girl was sitting, playing with a pen in her mouth. her nose was straight like a ruler and her lips were similar to a blowfish.

it was clear she had gotten surgery. not that I discriminated or anything. everyone could live their life as they pleased.

I just hoped my best friend wasn't gonna mess up her face like that.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asks, looking up at me from behind the computer.

"Hey." I say. "Is a girl named ayana rodney here?"

"Um, I can't give out that personal information." she replies, laughing slightly. "I don't mean to sound rude but I don't know who you are. You could be some hitman or some axe murder you know?"

"a hitman? ." I raise an eyebrow. "trust me girl, I don't even know how to kill a fly, let alone kill a person. anyway, she's my best friend and she told me to meet her."

I unlock my phone and show the girl my lockscreen. It was a selfie of me and ayanna with a dog filter on our face. "Is this enough proof?"

"I didn't mean to come across rude . But yes, she is here. she should be out any minute now. while you're waiting you can take a seat." she gestures towards the plush seats .

I sink into a seat and grab a magazine from the table next to me. for the next 10 minutes I was reading about kylie jenner's coachella outfit. until, however, my best friend ayana finally comes out of the room she was in. she had a bandage around her nose and she looked tired. I'm guessing she was all drugged up to ease the pain.

"how weird do I look on a scale of 1 to 10?" she asks, slowly walking over to me.

"100." I say, not making her feel any better.

she sticks up a middle finger, showing off her bitten nails.

"yeah I know, my nails are ugly as hell. I'm getting them done this weekend and you better come with me." she says, as if she could read my mind.

I chuckle. "whatever. how's your nose?"

"it's getting there. it looks good though, but it will be slightly swollen for a day or two and then I will be able to take off this stupid bandage."

"oh okay. aslong as you're happy that's all that matters girl." i stand up and wait for her to put on her bomber jacket.

ayana got surgery performed on her nose as she has always been insecure about it. her parents didn't seem to mind and helped her pay for it. at first, I kept telling her it was a bad idea because sometimes surgery can make a person look even worse. but ayana was insistent on getting it done and who was I stop her? as a friend I decided to support her instead of judge.

"you wanna get something to eat? I haven't eaten since yesterday morning. this surgery procedure made me lose my appetite."

"okay. let's go to five guys. a burger sounds good for breakfast." I suggest.

"how are you feeling miss rodney?" the white girl at the reception asks ayana.

"tired." ayana mutters.

"thank you for attending today. we hope the results are what you expect."

"thank you." ayana tries to smile but she just couldn't force it. I could tell she was definitely exhausted.

she says goodbye to the girl and we make our way to my car. I drive in the direction of five guys.

"you think I should straighten my hair?" ayana questions, examining her curly locks in the small rearview mirror.

i shake my head abruptly. "hell to the no. your hair is beautiful and long and so full. "

"but it's always in the way." she whines.

"so what? if you get straight hair it will make your whole face shape look dodgy."

"you think so?"

"uh-huh. now, get that thought out of ya head."

we pull up outside of the restaurant and go inside. we both order a burger, fries and a milkshake. my greedy ass ate most of ayana's fries since she still didn't have much of an appetite.

"after i feel better and get this bandage of my nose, we are getting lit." ayana says.

"oh no ayana, the last time we got lit, I lost my heels. leave me out of it." i say.

she groans."you're my bestie. you gotta come to parties with me."

"I don't remember us ever making a pact that made it compulsory for me to attend parties with you ."

"well don't you want to celebrate your best friends new nose?" she pouts and makes her eyes really big.

why was this girl so adorable? i hated her.

"fine. but if I even lose an earring, I'm never going again." I warn her.

"You won't! stop stressing,party pooper."

"and if you call me a party pooper, I ain't going."

"my bad."

we both laugh until she realised her bandage was on. "ew I probably look ugly as hell laughing."

"don't worry we're both ugly." I lie.

"stop lying. we're fine as fuck."

| |

after dropping ayana home, I made my way back to my own house. it was now 1.25 pm and everyone was awake in the city.

I was full from eating so much but I was craving icecream right now. I remembered I had some leftover ben & jerry's in the freezer at home.

once I got home, I went straight to the kitchen were my sisters and my mom were .

"where were you?" mom asks.

"I went to go pick up ayana from the surgery." I reply,taking my icecream out the freezer.

"how did her nose look? was it nice?" mom questions, smiling.

my mom was always supportive of ayana's decision aswell. my mom wasn't judgemental and she liked seeing girls uplift one another. honestly, she was my role model.

"it was hidden. she has to keep this bandage on it for a couple days." I dig my spoon into the icecream and slurp it up.

"ayana's a pretty girl I don't see why she needs surgery." vanessa comments.

"maybe she wants to be prettier." lizzie suggests." damn I think I want surgery on my butt now."

"leave your gluteus maximus alone liz! it's perfectly fine. you've got a nice figure, don't ruin it by getting all that butt stuff .trust me, it makes your butt look really overgrown." mom argues.

"yeah I know. what if I get teeth whitening surgery then?" lizzie suggests.

"do what you want lizzie but you'll regret it when you start to look older than me." mom sighs.

lizzie rolls her eyes." I wish I could stay here and get roasted all day but I've got a client coming soon and I need to set up my makeup."

"what you doing now?" i ask.

"birthday makeup. " lizzie responds, getting off the stool she was sitting on. "you can come and watch if you want."

"nah, I'm good. I got work tomorrow. I think I'ma watch relax and watch movies all day."

"whatever suits you." lizzie says as she walks upstairs.

lizzie was a professional makeup artist. she had done many celebrities makeup and got invited to makeup conventions and events. mom didn't seem to mind as lizzie enjoys her job and gets paid for her hobby.

mom finishes the glass of orange juice she was sipping on and puts the glass in the sink. "okay I'm off to work. do something productive girls."

"I will mom. I'm starting to build my website for the project at school." vanessa grins, as she open up her laptop.

"good girl. if only ryan could build something instead of sleeping. " mom looks at me as she ruffles vanessa's curly mane.

I roll my eyes. "I am building something. I'm building my relationship with netflix. "

vanessa stifles a laugh.  all mom does is shake her head and kiss me on the cheek before leaving the house.

"that is also my cue to leave." i say. "deuces , lil sis."

"deuces." vanessa throws up the peace sign as i go upstairs to my room, leaving her alone to work in the kitchen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

888K 41K 175
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
180K 7.4K 53
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
287K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...