He Is Broken. // H.S.

By _toms4tommo_

We've tried cheering him up. He lays in bed all day. He's stopped eating. Something tragic happened to his fa... More

1~Harry
2~Everest
3~The Faze
4~Promise
5~The Box
6~Peace and Quiet
8~Contracts
9~Talk
10~Fun and Books
11~Nightmares
12~Sloppy Handwriting
~A/N~
13~Familiar Faces
14~Peppermint Breath
15~Around the Corner
16~One Secret Down
17~Meet the Fam
18~Beach Bums
19~Always
20~Three Missed Calls
21~Truth
22~Front Page
23~Nutella
24~Fireworks and Hyperventilations
25~Confessions
26~Wide Eyes
27~Real
28~Decisions and Deep Conversations
29~Cheesy Invitations and More News
~A/N~
30~Revelations
31~'Till Morning
32~Interview
33~Auditions and Fake Smiles
~NEW BOOKS~
34~Second Thoughts
35~Another Contract
~IMPORTANT~
36~Plan
37~Sign Here
38~A Few Drinks and Black Eyes
~A/N~
39~Headlines
40~Lessons Learned

7~Secrets and Scars

3.2K 65 12
By _toms4tommo_

7~Secrets and Scars

Everest's POV

The car ride home was quiet. The car being engulfed by complete and utter silence, other than the music that blares from the speakers.

When he finally spoke up, it was to guide me to his flat, just outside of LA. Hills grazed all around it, vineyards and barns were everywhere, and small animals wandered all over the grassy hills.

I pulled into a driveway of a large two-story house that sits on top of a small hill, looking over the city. Glass windows cover nearly every inch of the two-story house-not exactly every inch, but you know what I mean. It's much like a large wooden lodge, except a bit nicer in size and interior. The flat roofs are white as well as the small front porch.

It's absolutely gorgeous.

I shift the gear in Park, and we both sit in the car in the deafening silence, watching the sun slowly set. A full moon and some glittering stars begin to appear.

I breathe heavily from the thick air, flickering my eyes towards Harry who still stares at the setting sun.

I finally speak, "Can, can I ask you something?" I stutter, thinking about the crazy question I am about to ask.

"Sure," he croaks, his voice a bit raspy.

"It's a really random and stupid and crazy question," I warn him before asking.

He smirks at me, letting his elbow rest on the console, crossing one leg over the other. "Try me."

I snort. "Okay," I sigh, chewing on my lower lip nervously. "Will you ever talk to you step-dad again?"

His expression turns stunned, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion, tearing his gaze away. "Um..." He sighs heavily. "I dunno. I'm sure I'll talk to him again some day, but not soon." He says unsure.

I purse my lips, nodding my head understanding. "Do you hate him?" I ask without processing the question through my head.

He sighs again, "I guess, right now I do," he sighs, shaking his head. "Why all the questions?"

I shrug, "I dunno really. I was just wondering." I honestly didn't know why I was asking questions, specifically about his step-dad. I guess my curiosity got the best of me.

"Okay, I'll tell ya what," he said, smirking. "How 'bout we play 20 Questions." He suggested.

My eyebrows furrow, lips straightening. "Right here, right now?" I ask unsure and shocked from the suggestion.

He nods. "Okay, I'll start," he says before I could think or say anything. He pinches his lips deep in thought of what to ask. "Okay, what is your favorite color?"

I snort by his child-like question, but I play along with it. "Um... I guess green." I chuckle, realizing that his eyes are the perfect shade of green that I'm deeply in love with.

"Mine too," he smiles, staring deep into my eyes.

I feel my cheeks flare a light pink.

'Why am I blushing!?' I yell at myself in my head.

"'Kay, my turn!" I quickly say, thinking of what to ask. "What is the number one thing you couldn't live without?" He chuckles at the question, making me blush slightly.

"Probably, the lads," he says, looking away at his enormous flat. "I know you said 'thing', but their the ones I can't live without. Their my best mates. I couldn't imagine life without 'em." His grin widens and his emerald eyes sparkle.

I give out a giggle. For a minute, we just sit there in silence, our eyes wandering all over the place. I opened my mouth to say something, but he beat me to it.

"Do you have any tattoos?" he asks, filling the silence.

I pop my eyebrow, smirking,"Actually I do," I say proudly. I don't know how he could've not noticed, but I turn my wrist over and showed him a small leaf and a quote that's been permanently inked into my skin.

He smiles as he grabs my wrist, reading the quote aloud, "'She's like a leaf. She goes wherever the wind takes her'," he read, tracing over the small words on my wrist with his thumb. "That's lovely." He looks up at me, our eyes meeting.

The corner of my lips curve upward, as he re-traces over it. His hands are warm, and for some reason mine are cold. As he traces over and over my small tattoo, his touch sends electricity up my arm, causing me to twitch a little. But, he ignores it.

For a moment, I find myself getting lost in his beautiful green eyes, slowly drifting off into a daydream. His emerald eyes are so perfect and beautiful, it's hard not to look at them.

Eventually I look away, pulling my wrist away, his hands lingered on my wrist a little longer.

"Okay, my turn," I say, I half smile, regretting breaking the moment. "Umm, which tattoo do you regret getting?"

"Ooh, good one," he admits, smiling. As he thinks, he looks all over his body, which is covered with many tattoos. "Probably the one on my belly."

"The moth?"

He cuts his eyes at me, as if I just said something completely stupid. "It's a butterfly. But, yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I got this." He said, lifting his black shirt up slightly, showing only the huge moth that's marked in the center of his stomach. "It's truly horrible."

I part my lips slightly, awing at the beautiful art that's been tattooed on his toned stomach. I see now that the antennas of the moth aren't as fuzzy as I thought, and the wings are more longer and curvier than a moth's.

I've only seen pictures of his tattoos, either awing or screaming at them. But in real life, they're all absolutely beautiful. Sure most of them are really, really dumb, but some are amazingly drawn and have good meanings to them. Maybe I'll even get one of his tattooed on myself.

"It's actually very beautiful," I say, softly touching his bare skin. His stomach instantly igniting with goosebumps. I outlined the moth with my finger, then traced over the tiny details.

When I'm done tracing the whole thing, I pull my hand away, intertwining it with my other hand. He plops his shirt back over his inked stomach, then turning to face me. I can feel his emerald eyes pierce through me like a sword.

For a minute, I just stare out the windshield, my eyes focused on the large house. Then I slowly turn my head towards him, realizing that he's been staring at me this whole time.

Our eyes meet, "It's, um, your turn," I say, half smiling, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Oh right, sorry," he says, shaking his head. "Hmm, If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?" He asks with a smile.

"Definitely the beach," I immediately say. "I don't care where it is, just any beach."

"I still can't believe you've never been to the beach before," he says in a midway laugh.

"Hey! I'll go soon!" I defensively say, growing a grin on my face.

He laughs, "Okay, okay, I believe you," he slows down his laughter before he continues. "So, I guess I'm kind of clueless, but how old are you?"

I break into a fit of laughter, making him chuckle as well. "Sorry, sorry!" I slow down my laughter. Gotta love a Clueless Harry. "I'm twenty."

"Ironic, I am too," he smirks, his dimples barely piercing out.

'Come on dimples! Please come out!" I beg in my head.

I smile widely, sliding my tongue over my glossy lips. "What is one secret you have never told anyone?" I smirk evilly.

"Um, pass," he instantly says

"No passes!" I scold him, making him groan.

He huffs, "Fine!" He harshly says, still keeping it in a joking tone. He sighs once more. "I have a secret stash of M&M's stocked in my dresser." He admits, squinting his eyes shut.

I try stifling back a laugh, but before I knew it, I burst, laughing hysterically. He covers his face with one hand as a smile crosses
his face.

"You better not tell anyone, Everest Milestone!" He warns, his face flushed a rosy red, as he points his index finger at me.

I lift my hands up in defense, "Hey, your secrets safe with me!" I promise, laughing again. "Alright, your turn." I say, anxiously wanting to know what he'll ask.

"Hmmm...," he hums, thinking. "I'd like to ask you the same thing, Everest Milestone. What is one secret you have never told anyone?" He says very alluring, it's charming. He sets his left elbow on the console, the only thing that's separating us, and rests his head on the palm of his hand. He sits there with a smirk across his face, waiting for my response.

"Um, pass!" I quickly say, knowing that he'll reject that.

"Sorry, no passes," he says in a mocking tone. I huff, knowing he's right. "C'mon, you can trust me. I promise I won't tell anyone."

I've always been an open book about my life, but there was this one secret that I've always kept to myself. The secret that I've tried with every bone in my body to keep it hidden. I guess the time is now.

I heavily sigh, closing my eyes. I shift my body to where I'm facing the steering wheel, my eyes still closed. I shakily tug on my floral sweater, turning my bare shoulder to face Harry. I then open my eyes, Harry's features are stunned and his eyes widened, filled with concern. A jagged scar, in the shape of a line, crosses over my skin just below my right shoulder. God, I hate it. It's the one thing I couldn't leave behind back in Kansas. It follows me everywhere I go, haunting me with its story.

His hand then reaches over my shoulder, touching the jagged piece of skin. His thumb traces over it many times, his eyes still filled with concern.

"How'd this happen?" He asks more stern, his eyebrows furrowed.

I breathe through my nose. "My dad happened," I shakily say, remembering the horrible memories my dad gave me. "It's the one thing I couldn't leave behind when I left. It's a permanent freaking scar that will stay with me forever, reminding of my dad. When he tortured me and my mother, when he made it his mission to make my life a living hell, when he stayed out all night getting drunk, when he-"

"Everest, it's okay. You don't have to explain any further," he says softly, rubbing little circles over my back soothingly. My eyes become watery, as I burry my face in my hands. "Everest, do you know what I see?"

I look up at him, my eyes still watery, "What?" I ask, unsure of where he's going with this.

"I see a scar of bravery," he says, his tone filled with hope. "And I see a girl who survived through all the hell that her father gave her. I see a girl who fought for her freedom, and she won. I see a girl who let go, who stared in the face of fear and instead looked towards a hopeful future." He pauses. "That's you, Everest. You did all of that. Everest, I'll always be here when you need someone. I love you too much to let go."

My lips parted, my eyes dropped tears. That was the most beautiful thing anyone's ever said to me. I could never pour out my feelings to anyone like him. His been in my shoes before. He's been depressed and hurt before.

Before I know it, I feel a hand grab my folded hand, and intertwines it with his. I meet his gaze, his eyes are soft and filled with life. A smile crosses his face, and a smile finally appears on mine.

Then I wonder, maybe I wasn't sent here to help Harry. Maybe he was sent here to help me.

~A/N~

Finally updated!! Your welcome! So how is your day today, my lovelies?

First I would like to make one thing clear. No, in real life Merritt Patterson does not have any tattoos, or so I think. But the one on her wrist is the one I came up with. But, do you guys like her tattoo? Just wondering.

Okay, time for Harry's and Everest's ship name!!!!!

And the ship name is...

Drum role please...

*drum role*

EVERRY!!!

Hope you guys like, 'cause I LOVE it!

Thanks for all the comments and votes! Y'all are the reason my book has gotten this far! I would also love some feedback if you LOVE what's happening so far. What do you guys like about it so far?

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!: So I may be publishing a new book soon. If I did, would you guys read it? Comment below!

Thanks my lovelies!!!xxxxxxx

Love you all, loves!

~Lindsey B:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 315 30
"How can you fix something that's not only broken, but completely shattered?", she asked. "I don't know. But I'll try.", he promised. DISCLAIMER: the...
16.9K 696 23
Her face no longer bares a smile. Her cheeks stay tear stained, and her eyes are often puffy. The joyful girl I once knew is gone. I know I could ma...
12.5K 156 20
(แดษด สœแดสŸแด…) ๊œฑษชแด„แด‹๊œฐษชแด„๊œฑ/สœแดœส€แด›๊œฐษชแด„๊œฑ แด€ส™แดแดœแด› สœแด€ส€ส€ส :) โ€–โ€–โ€– **ษช แด…แด ษดแดแด› แด€แด„แด„แด‡แด˜แด› ส€แด‡Qแดœแด‡๊œฑแด›๊œฑ แด›สœแด€แด› ษชษดแด„สŸแดœแด…แด‡ ส/ษด แดส€ ๊œฑแดแดœแด›!
2.1K 219 39
i am that broken lonely girl, who had enough with her life because of a day, but there he is changing me completely. (COMPLETED) ALL RIGHTS RESEVED.