Someone's Forever

بواسطة NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... المزيد

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

26. Do Not Speak

6.3K 270 38
بواسطة NeelamMenghani

For the memories of this memorable year...

***

"You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun."

Shaun Hick

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Conflicting Deception]

Niera's POV

{Previous Night}

As I made my way out from the humiliating gaze of the family whose kid was safe and back with my effort, I felt low spirited and upset.

It wasn't miraculous that they were the neighbor of the same old car washing man who caught me gawking at him in the morning.

Well I wasn't gawking at him just staring at his home. I whispered.

Yes. But the way you ran like there was fire on your coat gave a very negative image. My conscience reasoned.

Okay! Fine. Leave it. You returned their kid safely. Matter closed. No more dwelling. Sanity consoled in a stern tone.

Agreeing with my intelligence, I made my way back to the motel as fast as my two working legs could take me. The wind was cold and I already regretted my impulsive steps for forgetting any coat or shawl to protect me from this freezing climate.

Only darkness surrounding me with the company of soft scented wind coming from forest, the only sound I heard and felt was my steps ascending to my destination.

Don't go outside at night. It's dangerous!

You broke the very stringent law of this place.

Different warning swirling inside my mind, making me sweat not with fear but the consequences people will face because of me. I could only stop Mr. Valentine and Jerry from taking strict actions from against poor Mr. Albert and his wife. But I'm sure this time if this matter reaches their ears, they won't hesitate to take strict actions against us.

Against you? The strictest actions they can take against you is parceling you and deport you back to your home but think about them, they will be jobless. With the amount of strict aura Mr. Valentine carries around him. He'll kick them out the same second the news reaches his sculpted ears.

Ah! Right and we don't want that. Are we? So just pick up the speed and keep a watchful gaze around.

For what? My conscience dared to ask.

For any company, idiot. See if you find any two leg creature around you.

What about four leg creature?

Alas! We are near jungle. Brilliant observation. Then run for your life. I retorted with a steely stern gaze.

As I quickened my speed, a thick layer of fog started to cover the place. Almost making it impossible to look after a distance.

What the fog? From where did it come? It's already freezing here and this fog is decreasing the temperature to another level.

As the fog deepened, I felt an unknown fear creeping inside me. Strangely, where I should have run hearing the whimpering warning of my conscience under the honor of that unsettling fear.

My steps halted, I sweep my gaze around, only to meet with white fog surrounding me in the deserted road in the lonely night, like a cover.

I stood rooted in my place, letting the fog to surround me completely whilst my rational mind and instincts were at battle ground.

I won't lie if I describe it as those old yet original horror movies where the heroine finds herself in the somewhat same situation, alone, surrounded by thick blanket of fog, middle of a deadly deserted road near woods, bathed in sweat while limps shivering with an unknown crawling chilling feeling.

But the only different I felt was this wasn't a vintage super hit Oscar winning movie but a real life situation where my life and security are at stack.

Taking a shaking deep breath, I recalled the warning which people as well as almighty gave me on times but I snub them all in my ignorance.

Blind in the zeal of adventure and helping other, I let my impulsive instincts to lead conniving me in doing terrible wrong as well as drastic.

I didn't feel like stepping forward but instead my feet took a step backward, then another.

Thump!

Thump!

I felt each beat with my each step; the fog was steady unwavering like fulfilling its duty shielding me.

I took another step; turning briskly I took steps forward going back to the direction of the Colony.

Why back crazy woman? My conscience screeched but I was too occupied to answer. Taking long strides, I went where my instincts took me.

The fog was everywhere; ever present following me like a shadow, ahead me leading the way. Scaring me at the same time guiding me.

This is insane Niera!

In a blizzard situation in which I'm running, a sane one should have cried, frightened for his or her life or at least heard their blustering mind but I closed all the Doors to rationality but let my body control me.

Like a glass breaking, my implausible daze broke when my left feet caught in something, resulting me to stumble over something hard.

I was about to fall over the sharp iron gate which apparently would have pierced on my neck or head.

But with a jerk gate moved, stepping out of my way and I did a free fall on the welcoming ground.

It took me entire two minutes to raise my head from the dry mud and rotate my head around to come back in reality.

And the moment I came out, my vocal cords choke and my breath hitched.

G—gho—ghost?

No! Gravity.

I would have given a sarcastic response on the sense of humor of my mind if I would at any place other than this scary haunting scenario but right now I'm too engrossed to fathom—, oh wait leave it.

Without checking my frantic heart and its wailing, I stood up. The fog around me is lighter, much lighter as I am at least able to see my surrounding.

I revolve on my axis twice and then the place registered in the farthest corer of my mind.

The gate and wrought iron fence around me are much familiar to me to be scared.

I'm standing in the entrance of the park.....

The weird feeling crawling inside me is in tacked but a strange apprehension is added to it.

I was left in dilemma for my further step.

How I'm here?

How the heck is this fog not dense here?

Why I stopped her only and not everywhere else?

Why I behaved so reckless to run like a lunatic?

Different questions rose in the pit of my sanity but I found the answers of none. Taking an over look of the surrounding I touched the metal gate.

I felt the coldness of the metal gate, with hesitant fingers; I inspected the old rusted gate in my palm.

It's ordinary.

Then how it moved? Because no one is around...

Maybe wind? But then it is heavy in no possible way it can move with wind. It needs a harder push from at least two to three people—

Then how?

Or maybe I'm played. Played by my own brain.

Just a played up trick of brain. It must have been like this and in fog I felt it like it was in my way.

Maybe!!! My rationality agreed.

Okay what now...

I tilted my head to the slight open gate before glancing inside.

I think I know what...

Caressing my cheeks with my cold palms I slid through the gate to enter the enticing eternal beauty of nature.

Even the darkness of night can't darken the glow of this heaven. The same elements of nature shimmering at night making the night glow with them.

Like sparks are erupting around with a thin layer of fog guarding the place, increasing its beauty to the next level.

I sighed heavily, drinking the beauty in front of me with my thirsty eyes.

If the decision of taking that kid to his family was wrong and absurd but the result was witnessing heaven like this then I'm ready to take that decision every time and even suffer the humiliation.

"Seems like heaven is gracing me for my good deed." I murmured.

"Not always the beauty is heaven; sometimes it's the darkest deception to lure the nescient." I got a soft reply. I nearly shriek, jerked, trampling over the brick beside me.

With frantic mayhem-ic gaze, I ran my eyes all around. Gone and lost the greed for the enticing beauty, only the deepest fear in this eccentric place crawl and ruled me.

My berserk gaze found something lurking in the dark. Blinking, controlled my breaths rising on my knees.

A slim figure with wavy layers of curly hair somewhat standing at the distance.

I squinted my eyes a little more to grasp the clarity of the image but my efforts went in vain. But at least I was clear the figure belong to a human.

But my point is who?

In this hour of the night how a human is sauntering when it is breaking the absolute law....

But I was about to know...

***

GIDEON'S POV

Care!!

Such a small word.

Can it's meaning bring difference in one's life?

For me it was just an Illusion. An illusion which only ruins person who falls in its trap.

But yesterday, a few words whispered and I was left to reconsider the sense of this word.

Or perhaps it's not the word but the person which made difference. Royce mused, lost in his thoughts.

Perhaps... I agreed, giving a thoughtful gaze to the word.

But Royce, this care, this worry and gesture of kind. Are we different or one among the others? I ask but the next moment, I regretted as the meaning of my own words rang inside my brain.

They felt...

Insecure... Royce stated with a dead face.

She has a big heart King. A great one with kindness in it. It would be a matter of question if she won't. He simply said while I found myself lost in his words.

What does that mean? I asked and felt Royce pacing inside with a flint face.

My eyes went to the Old painting hanging on the wall in front of me, shining proudly since ages.

She cares for everyone around her. Royce placidly stated.

For instance, she accepted this risk by saying yes to our deal completely aware of the consequences she has to face in condition of her failure. But she bravely accepted.

Not because she was confident rather over confident over her skills but—

But she felt this whole mess was her delinquency and cleaning this is also her responsibility.

Certainly. He affirmed.

We all were very well aware of the turmoil rising inside her with each passing moment went she realized the absence of those legal credentials and a strong wave of panic and distress when I put that deal in front of her.

For a moment, we felt she'll deny the deal as the distraught and worry was clear on her face and her demeanor but then our Miracle had to surprise us all.

And if she would I wouldn't be surprised.

She came back and accepted the deal, her eyes sparked with a new rush of energy. Adrenaline was rushing through her veins just like confidence and self trust were sparking on her face.

At that time, I admired her brave yet risky step. She was ready to sacrifice everything, even herself for the people of her company whom she hardly knows.

Not only this, but she trusted what story Jerry fed her for her night adventure that night.

I highly doubt that Royce. Thou she has no memory of that night. I can bet she is fidgeting to find her answers.

I agree. We all are very much familiar of her curious nature. Royce agreed.

Rising from my chair, I made my way to the Aquarium, giving my complete attention to the curious big eyes flipping in their world, the other side of the glass wall.

Some of them seem bothered by my presence as they turned to their tail, flipping once again, they went fluttering their wings. I got attention from some as they came closer to the glass wall, following my trail whereas some ignored me completely, continuing with their journey. Every eye wide with curiosity.

I smiled witnessing their etiquettes. It's a true joy to see these innocent beautiful creatures and their gesture of cordiality.

Taking my eyes away from the alluring site, I spurn around briskly as I have to endure another hour of brainstorm for this hopeless project.

I took my seat back, regaining my lost concentration and composure, I went back to work.

As I was trying to regain my focus on the file in front of me. A frown appeared on my forehead awakening my distressed senses. Taking the file in one hand, I called Theodore only to find him reachable.

My temper was rising with each passing moment accompanying with a wavy of melancholy rising around me.

I briskly averted my mind to the lurking thoughts, trying hard to concentration while my deviant mind wandering creating chaos.

A commotion on the door broke my trail of thoughts. I threw a glance at the opening door. There Gerard was coming inside in his all confident stance accompanying with his all knowing smile.

A gave him a brief glance before returning my gaze back to the frustrating file.

He briskly made his way to the desk; bowing silently he sat on the chair opposite mine.

I felt his steady gaze on him somewhat scrutinizing but didn't raised mine from the file.

For a moment, I tempted over the thought to share last night's incidents and Miracle but then I felt Royce growling softly inside and decided otherwise.

Seizing the file and placing it back on the desk, I faced him completely, providing him my sharp focus.

I gave him time to reveal the cause of his arrival but met with silence in return.

"What brought you here Gerard?" I asked, monotonous, leaning backward on the chair allowing myself some much needed rest.

My gaze met his shrewd one which held an inscrutable glint in them.

He sat there, quite and calculating as ever.

"Madainn Mhath Majesty." He greeted in Scottish.

I raised my brow at his greetings as his eyes have mirth dangling in them.

Seems like Gerard has something in mind. Royce mused, accessing Gerard and his glistering features.

Or more precise, he has something in mind regarding us.

The faint realization creased my frown as I waited for him to speak.

But I guess, I have an idea where this conversation will lead.

"Good Morning Gerard. Now will you kindly reveal the reason for your gracious visit to my office." I muttered.

In reply, he just nodded, smiling faintly.

"Oh! Nothing. Can't I just come and pay a visit to my Majesty?" He replied in his think Scottish accent, leaning back further in his chair, crossing his leg over other leisurely.

I raised my brow at him.

Surely he won't reveal his reasons so easily. I agreed with Royce.

Sighing, I resigned the thought to ask him again.

Thou I caught a vague idea of where he wants me to be.

"Had breakfast?" he asked, earning a questionable look from me.

"Gerard if you're done with your games. Just spill what is in your calculative brain?" I asked, exasperated.

"Majesty, I have already divulged. I thought to visit you. Also give my sincere gratitude for your kindness." He replied nonchalantly, trying hard to conceal his smile through his lips.

My temperature was already flaring up and his words were nothing but raising fuel in it.

I silently sat maintaining eye contact with him to which he dared to reveal his smile.

"Gratitude. Care to explain your puzzle here Gerard." I sighed, too tired for his puzzles.

"Yes Majesty. After all you were so concerned about me and my health after I suffered the Cardiac Arrest. It is my duty to at least thank you by paying a personal visit for your kindness." He disclosed, resting his palms on desk while his gaze scrutinizing me, trying to find any change in my demeanor but for what I witnessed distinctly, his mirth intensified.

As his words registered, his puzzles took different turns solving on their own with just one snip of his words.

I sat in daze admiring the charm of his tongue and wits.

Miracle must have told him.

Perhaps...

Now, the reason of his visit was lucid, I sat in indifference.

My detachment met with his chuckle which increased my irritation to another level.

"Come to the point Gerard." I seethed, giving him my steely gaze.

"Oh King! It was a sight to see you speechless." He continued his chuckle, with a new wave of energy rushed past him.

I gritted my teeth in irritation at his vexatious laughter.

"I said come to the point or you know where the door is." I snapped.

Clearing his throat, he ceased his laugh before composing himself, the mirth still gracing his face. "Apologies My Majesty. Okay, I shall come straight to the point." He took a momentarily pause, "Where were you last night?" he asked, the faint stains of smile left his face as he uttered the words.

"It's my property. Can't I wander around in my own land?"

"Of course you can Majesty. You can freely. But—"

"But my concern isn't your wandering since I know someone who can bring you back from the darkest corners but my concern is your increasing security around princess is." He stated in his firm tone.

"Why suddenly you had to increase her security at tenfold when we know no one and nothing can touch her. Even her shadow." He continued, the stern tone coming from his words was like a dagger piercing my calm demeanor.

"I didn't want to take risk when it comes to my Alicia. I did it as a security precaution." I replied calmly, but inside I was anything but.

Gerard too sensed my internal turmoil but his gaze remain transfixed on me seeking answers anyway.

We continued to match our gaze in eerie silence when he sighed heavily lowering his gaze from mine.

"I hope My Majesty will share with me someday." He breathed dejected.

"I will Gerard." I nodded.

We sat in comfortable silence as I was regaining my demeanor while Gerard's mind calculating things in its accord. We didn't need to utter speeches and orders to communicate but then there wasn't anything to confess.

"Okay let's talk business." He announced, straightening. His cool composure melted in his strict shrewd demeanor. Breaking the icy silence around us.

I witnessed calm before the storm in them. And I was yet to find out if the storm will pass me or ruin my mental peace.

He smoothed the crease of his coat before intertwining his palms and then proceeding.

"I wanted to inform you that, Banerjee casted a spell over the whole building yesterday, once Theodore completed his investigation." He proceeded.

I listened intently, nodding.

"I would be surprised if you wouldn't." I waved off.

"Besides, did his investigation have any results?" I asked, although, the answers were already known to us.

"No."

"Thought so." I gave a glance at the aquarium wall, staring at the little innocent creatures gazing us with their curious eyes.

"No clues or leads?" I persisted.

"Nothing."

"So we are standing from where we started." I arched my brow, asking.

"Apparently not, Majesty." He sighed.

I raised my brow at his words, desperate to find a lead to solve this maze.

"I have a confession, Majesty." He announced, shifting in his chair a little.

I tilted my head slightly to left, accessing his face which gave away no signs of wavering, but void for any emotion breach, just plain ever present smile with his confident demeanor.

"A confession Gerard?" I asked joining my fingers, staring him intently.

In response, his smile broadened, giving away nothing.

"Yes, My Majesty." He nodded curtly.

"Go ahead. You have my complete attention." I permitted him, leaning backward on my chair a little.

"Before that I have to ask you, did you enter the rudimentary layer of shield in Royal Vault?" he asked firmly. His eyes transfixed on my features, calculating me under his experienced gaze. Scrutinizing...

I sat there silent while Royce fidgeting to snap.

"Why would you ask Gerard?" I countered.

"My duty of Royal Guardian, Majesty." He responded nonchalantly but we both knew it was anything but.

The atmosphere around us turned chill as Arctic iceberg.

I really wanted to know the reason of his query but the same time I knew he won't provide me the information until unless he gets satisfied with his answers.

Sighing, I took the pen in my hand before answering, "Yes." My answer was monosyllable but it resulted with a brief change in Gerard's face.

He sat numb, blank. I gave him much needed time which he needed concocting his next strategy.

"As Alpha Royc—" he murmured, blinking out of his lost trail of thoughts.

"No. He gave away control." I muttered, averting my eyes to the file in front of me.

It seems like I lost interest in the matter but we both knew I was just avoiding something.

"Are you—"

"I'm fine Gerard. Back in control. No need to worry." I provided before he could utter another round of query.

"Good to know Majesty." He nodded, lost in thoughts but present in conversation.

"Now, why did you asked?" I pressed again, my gaze fixed on the file but my concentration solely on him and his demeanor.

"When I entered the Royal Shield, I felt a strong aura around which was undoubtedly yours." He provided.

"So?"

"The Royal shield knows and permits only the aura of whom it knows. Apart from the Royal Guardian and the Queen no one can enter it without Princess Alicia's Presence." He announced with a bow, repeating the same old Royal spell which was casted to protect the heritage of Kingdom.

Simple, precise but dense and twisted in its own way.

"I know and remember it very well Gerard. No need to repeat the past." I answered, a raw emotion flickered inside me but I controlled my outburst.

"Perhaps you're right. Well may I ask you how are you?" he threw another query at me.

My shallow interest on the file died at that moment as I seized it before meeting his smiling gaze.

"What does it looks like Gerard?" I rather asked, a smile crept over my face but I concealed it below my impassive mask.

Miracle's words from last night rushed back to me and her serene concerned face with different questions swirling on it.

"Happy then you can ever be, my Child." He responded with a broader smile which held delight and mirth in it.

"I hope this Miracle of yours' stay and rise with you forever." He blessed and I relinquished my efforts to conceal my smile as I smiled broadly at his words making him chuckle.

Clearing his throat, he brought back seriousness in the atmosphere.

"Did you found anything there?" he asked again, my smile vanished in thin air replacing vexation.

"You too went inside. Why asking me when we both can see and sense the same?" I enquired, irritated as well as exasperated for stretching this matter.

"There will be difference My King." He paused stretching the anticipating silence, "Because I only crossed the tunnel of Golden Walls reaching the Maze of Mirrors." He sighed, casting his eyes downward, falling in the puzzle of reminisce.

"And why?"

"I was distracted." He grimaced.

Flabbergasted won't define the situation that is in front of me. I was completely astonished at his revelation.

Sir Gerard Warner, the Royal Guardian of the Supernatural World is not just a guardian but he is a foundation pillar of your kingdom where we rely.

"What happened?" I asked gently. His dilemma and melancholy was lucid on his face as water. But the job has to be done.

"Nothing but something."

"Care to explain, Gerard." My patience was wearing thick.

Rising on my feet, I strode straight to the Royal Old Painting, marveling the art and past with my dread brimming eyes.

The atmosphere went chilly silent with absence of any words, moments passed in void numbness.

I felt him drifting away, his feet making their way to the wide open window. I turned around to see him. His eyes staring out at the skyline, admiring the beauty outside but somehow I felt myself reconsider, his gaze was on the out sky but his mind was lost somewhere else.

Confined in deep valley of his thoughts and worry. I took a moment at myself, silently sifting the profile of my Guardian.

Taking a deep breath, like drawing courage to utter the next words, he said his next words.

"As the Royal server and your Guardian, it is my prime duty to inform you that Guardian Raymond Quinn is here with us. He must be here by 11'o clock to—"

He couldn't complete his sentence as his further words were halted but breaking of the wooden glass desk followed by an angry growl resonating around us.

Banging my hand to the wall, I turned to his direction, shooting glares at him for uttering his words.

"Are you serious Gerard? Why in hell he is here?" I growled furiously, the thin line of patience I saved for Miracle's sake snitched with his words.

The glass in the hall broke one by one with my raging breaths. Gerard's eyes remained firm so does his features.

Taking a step forward, he crossed his hands behind his back.

"He is being called your Majesty." He simply stated.

"And may I ask you WHY?!"

"Precisely Majesty." He nodded naturally; apparently he was prepared for my outburst.

"Enlighten me then!!" I roared, shaking the things around me.

Gerard gave a brief glance around, his eyes sweep, accessing in grimace.

Then he nodded.

"When Niera found you—"

"I don't want to talk about my Miracle. Answer me why you called Guardian Raymond Quinn." I snapped, putting another hole in the wall.

His grim steely gaze broke widening his eyes, he stilled. In another moment, his trance broke; his face broke into a gleeful smile.

"What did you just said?" he asked incredulously.

"Answer me why—"

"Your Miracle?"

"Yes."

"Is that mean?

"Why he is here?" I asked sternly, shooting him a dead glare.

Nodding, he regained his composure. Perhaps, the gravity of situation reminded him.

"Guardian Raymond is here to perform his duty Your Majesty." He answered firmly, with his unwavering stone sharp face.

"Is it about the intrusion in Royal Vault?" I asked incredulously.

"Partially. Or perhaps not."

"I'm very much aware you can handle this situation then why the hell he is here?"

"Indeed. In context of this matter, I have another situation which needs your attention." I stated, by the look of his eyes, I knew indeed it is a storm lying to spin up for me.

The gravity of his words was overwhelming whereas the revelation left in utter distress.

"You should meet him once before he commences his work." He suggested glancing at the painting in front of us.

I was lost for speech once he shown me the depth of matter.

"When will he arrive?" I snapped, barely containing my fury. The volcano inside me erupting with raw rage and only one sane thought was keeping it under control.

"Where is Revin?"

"He must be here anytime with Miss. William." He informed eyeing me somewhat proving me an indirect imperative answer.

"She will be fine. Trust me." I tried to provide assurance through his words but he better knew he was far away from the edged definition.

***

Niera's POV

The ride to the A V Inc. was strangely unsettling. My nerves were twisting in a knot like a dreading feeling creeping inside me. Even after my mammoth efforts to keep my sanity straight I felt uneasy.

Jerry was driving at ease, lost in his own words. His eyes were transfixed on the concrete road ahead but I'm sure his mind was lost somewhere else.

Different questions were erupting inside my mind, for a curious mind like me it was routine but what shook me was an internal feeling which was dreading to find the answers.

The car halted shaking me off from my reverie. Turning my head to the window I saw we are in front of the grand entrance of the premises of A V Inc.

Frowning, I turned at Jerry whose palms were tightly clutching the steering wheel. His knuckles were turning white with the force he put on the wheel.

For a moment, I felt the wheel will break under his vice grip but dreaded the thought of what is eating my friend to the next level of riled up anger.

Once, I felt to ask him the reason. With unsure shaking steps, I loosen my grip on my folder, raising my sweaty palm to offer comfort him but then a sudden stiffing thought crossed my mind and I withdrew my hand from mid air.

I'm one hundred and thirty four percent sure it is related to that person who is coming with Grey sky. He is the reason for my friend's cold and worried stance. My conscience drew out the reason.

I mentally nodded agreeing.

But what and who it could be? Grey Sky, I mean seriously. How can someone come with sky? Isn't the sky stay above us all the time?

It does then why did he put those words in his description?

For once, I appraise Jerry's poetic qualities.

Grey sky!! And that to his puzzling skills. Marvelous. I gave a rough thought to my own uttered rubbish but then again I found needle from hay.

Jerry never twist the words, he don't know how to play with them. He is too straight and naïve to be diplomatic with speech.

If he wants or apparently needs to do alteration in his speech he loses command by going silent and speaks only after composing himself.

But what he said and described about the guest about to arrive was plain part of the speech, no hesitation, no blunder he did while speaking which cross only one meaning that he was stating the blunt truth in front of me.

Seems like this guest is going to be an interesting personality.

But then again, why I am getting this feeling this won't be an interesting experience for me.

You worry too much. Even if he won't be a charming sophisticated personality, you don't have to deal with him. Let the people of this company deal with him and his Grey Sky. Why you're sweating like he is going to imprison you. Let it be and relax. You have other matters of concern to dwell into. Sanity chided at my baseless chagrin on baseless matters.

Nodding instinctively, I wiped the baseless insane anxiety over the matter from my mind to build space for the upcoming day and his load.

Oh! Don't forget you have to meet Mr. Valentine in context of your plan and implementation. Only he can help and save you from suffering your remaining life here.

Suffering?! Conscience shrieked in surprise.

You're standing in private heaven of Mr. I Rule People with his subjects are at your beck and call. Providing food, shelter and transport so as you please and you call it suffering?! How could you be ungrateful? Conscience seethed for insulting the honor and hospitality of this place and people.

But the point here is I'm a guest. I don't belong here. Even if I settle here permanently, this place won't be mine nor the people. They are helping and honoring me because I'm their guest or to be precise I'm in deal with their Big Boss. Once I'll complete my task or more clearly once I'll fail this task, they'll kick this unwelcomed guest out the next moment they get the chance. I blurted the bleak brutal reality.

And instantly I felt an unwelcoming feeling rising in the pit of my stomach, a thick bile rose in my throat, the reason I was unaware and unsure of.

With mammoth effort, I gulp down the unnerving feel as my eyes sting to pour out this strange distress of mine.

What the heck? What was that?

Why my eyes are so much desperate to showcase their brilliant water work? Is this the aftermath of my brutal truth? Sanity concerned for my stinging eyes.

Perhaps! But the truth is truth. We can't change.

They why this creepy duffer annoying yet saddening feeling for leaving this place? Sanity gritted through its jaws.

Perhaps, leaving this place as well as the people? Conscience hit the bull's eye. No! My eye. No! Target's eye. Yes! Target's eye.

Done with the drama? Now how much do you expect from getting out of this Car? A sane cell took the command and taunted with a sarcastic arched brow.

As the sarcasm registered I blinked out of my dazzling internal battle. Shaking my head more like pendulum, I stare out of the window. The mighty sun is shining above in the sky in all its glory, shoving its bright almost glaring heated rays to the world. The morning birds are lost as they must be resting at home or near water creek, finding solace in this glaring sun light.

Strange! Last night this place was representing the chilling city of Penguin land and now it feels like we're dragging our feet in Sahara desert.

Such a strong intellectual comparison. Sanity praised with standing ovation.

If you're done then let's get out or better talk to Jerry.

Jerry?

"I thought you completely forget about my presence beside you." His monotonous yet gentle voice resonated inside the silent car.

"Glad you came back." I bit my tongue in utter embarrassment.

"Did I—I babbled aloud."

"Quite so." My ears heated all of a sudden.

Before I could utter a sensible explanation quite scratching my mind, he opened the door of his side.

Shutting my mouth as well as mind, I followed the lead but a question rose.

"All the other entrances are shut and locked since last night so we are entering from Main Entrance." Jerry answered by unvoiced question, praising his expertise in reading faces, I got out of the car.

The giant metal gates meeting me in all its magnificent glory, shining proud guarding the dominating stunning vintage art of the building.

The one fact which always enticed me around A V Inc. is how this building emits the vibes of prestige and honor in its dominating yet alluring beauty.

Jerry passed the keys of his car to the awaiting big built beefy man in all black suit standing stiff and hands crossed behind his back. I gave him a brief look as he reminds me of our last trip under their stern secured gaze.

He was looking starting as Jerry gave him the key without sparing him a gaze but flickered his black orbs at me for a micro second.

And only that gaze was sufficient for me dive in deep valley of fear. They were strict, flint, horrifying, frightening and all the adjectives in the English language regarding this subject.

Gulping at the haunting frightening man, I back off.

Dear Mr. Valentine, your one gaze is more than sufficient and appropriate to melt the glaciers of Himalayas. Why wasting your blood sweat earning on these giant reincarnations of Godzilla's? A part of me mused, deep in thoughts.

Well! Well! A few clarifications before you bolt further:

a) What do you care if he employee Godzilla or baboons from his hard earned money?

b) Important query from the most concerned part of your mind, when did he became 'your dear' Mr. Valentine? It asked fluttering its eyes.

Cringing mentally, I gave another look over to the giant man who stood blank, stiff beside Jerry like a snake is sniffing him, crawling around him. While my dear friend was discussing God knows what with him. Basically it was a one side conversation born and carried over only by my friend.

Have last night did troll at you? Mentioning all about wild dangerous creatures in your every dialogue.

"Let's go Niera." Jerry called coming to my side. Shaking off the burden of mental pressure, I silently followed him, stealing a glance of Mr. Haunting security who was very efficiently bolting inside Jerry's car.

The security desk let us without any stoppage, just a glimpse they threw at us before buzzing the controls.

The other work was done through the huge scanner machine which can accommodate six people of my size at one go.

Everything is going fine till now. Sub conscience commented once the main entrance of the building can in view. I gave a thirsty glance around; at the wide spread greenery which was pure and serene, blissful.

Wide, open and spacious area was dedicated to the lawn area, unlike other office premises I have visited, where there is no concern is given to lawn and to be honest they don't have space. But here, this whole place belongs to Mr. Majesty. He can do as he please.

"Hello Niera!" a loud shrilling feminine voice lurked around and a strange figure came into view the next second with a huge smile.

And here comes the thrilling dreading part. I got a reply soon.

Beside me Jerry stiffed, apparently mirroring my steps as I too am stiffened with different emotions.

The smiling bouncing figure made her way toward us or more like jogged toward us in his three inch pointed heels.

I mentally gape as well as admired her staggering yet balanced jogging heels which took all the pressure on them.

My eyes were constant on her heels so being a high functioning solo tasking genius I'm, I focused all my concern only on the suffering heels and didn't noticed her standing in front of us. More like hovering at me.

Before she could reduce her widened grin and form a word, my friend growled beside me and she flinched as a repulsive action taking a staggering step back.

My eyes snapped to my side to my side as I witnessed him breathing in rage. Rage would be an understatement, he was furious to be precise.

I quickly gave him a frowned look but he was too busy shooting smoldering gaze at our visitor.

Pushing the corners of my memory department, I recalled her name but then I remember she is No-I-don't-know-how-to-pronounce-her-name.

Not wasting time on his smoldering, fire spitting face, I turned to meet a frightened mouse who was shivering under his blazing gaze.

Mouse?! Seriously??

But she is quite frightened. Isn't she?

So call her a mouse. What happened to your intelligence?

Okay! Get back to the situation. Hearing the order from my god knows what part, I dazed out and focus back on reality.

So, the frightened sweet lady in front of me was shivering under Jerry's heaven knows why heated gaze.

I took an initiative by taking a hesitant step toward her.

The flashbacks of our last meeting crashing down at me, making my resolves to sooth her fear more difficult. I was left with risk, if she attacks back again then what will I do?

Run!

Jerry is here. He'll help.

I wish like last time my Gorgeous Saviour could come and—

Uhm uhm... go help her... sanity ordered sternly.

Taking a leap of faith, I raised my palm and placed it on her shivering shoulder causing to jerk. Startled, I retrieved my palm back with the speed of thunder bolt. I gave her a questionable look.

She fluttered her eye lashes at me before her frightened sweating face broke into a toothy grin.

That was fast.

I returned her smile with my unsure one.

"What are doing here? Jerry asked, more like growled. I felt he was controlling himself from pounding at her.

"I—I have talked to Sir Gerard. He permitted me." She croaked, bearing retaining her demeanor.

"Hi Niera. How are you sweetie?" she asked breathlessly, shoving her hand out in air while grinning like a— Argh! No comparison.

For an entire moment, I felt numb at her over cordial greeting before realization snapped back at me that she still is offering her hand with seventy mm smile.

Don't her jaws and cheeks hurt from smiling this much.

"H—hello. I'm fine. Thank you." I replied, placing my palm in hers.

"Do you remember me? Haha! Of course you must. But then, let me introduce myself again. Oh! this is for you." She rushed in one breath while shoving two orchids in my hand. One purple and other pink.

I gave the beautiful orchids an amazed glance, both of them were laying over my arm like resting after a marathon. Their soft stem was bending over 168 degrees, apparently surviving her energetic run.

Where she hid them, I didn't saw them with her?

Perhaps because you were too busy worrying about her heels. A reply came, shutting me up.

"I'm Mahriyah. Remember sweetie?" she squealed.

Of course how can someone forget you, no one can forget you if you make them pronounce your name.

Aww! Sweetheart...

"Of course I remember. Miss—?" I chose my words wisely.

Yay! I'll call her with her last name. Problem solved!! Such smart brain I got.

"Oh Ho! Sweetie, like last time I said. You can call me Mahriyah. Come on! Come on! Say Mahriyah. Come on!" she urged and I feel like strangling someone.

No! No! No! Dear god when I said special talent why heard me by sending her. What will I do now?

Simple! Repeat after her. A part retorted smugly and I felt like shooting it.

Baring my teeth mentally, I clenched my folder with an extra harsh grip.

"Miss. Mahriyaa, how are you doing?" I took a leap of courage but inside I knew she'll make me pronounce her word till she is satisfied.

"Ah! No dear, not Mahriyaa. Sweetie, it's Mahriyah. Come on spell it like I do. With feelings." She breathed, like smelling heaven.

Face palming myself mentally I gave a pleading look to Jerry who was busy lost in his trance.

He is always with me but when I want him in need, he is taking nap.

Throwing a blank glimpse around for any help, which I found none. I dragged my lips to stretch across my cheek to give her an exasperated smile. To my luck or bad luck I can't concede, she didn't notice.

Perhaps, she is too eager for me to spell her name right to even notice my forced smile. Conscience gave a thought.

Resigning at her smiling excited face, I gave in the thought of escape and muster the courage to bear her verbal torture.

Sighing, I called, "Marriyah." I felt unsure, squinting my eyes; I waited for her volcano eruption.

And alas! I was proven so right.

"No! Sweetie, its Mahriyah. Come on say with me."

"Miss. Mahriya I think we are getting late for our work. We shou—" I gave a last try to escape this torture but was brutally defeated by her exuberant babble.

"Oh dear, we can squeeze it between. The faster you call the sooner we can enter. After all the start of our friendship can't be done without hugging squealing each other's name."

I guarantee, if was drinking coffee or even water, it would have spilled out by now at ground.

What is she? Squealing names while hugging?

And was that a hidden threat? The sooner the faster? Like really.

Now I'm scared. Terrified.

Blinking my eyes, I gave her another pale smile, since I felt I must be turning pale with her in company or maybe tan, under the sun. I don't know.

With a sincere prayer, I shot my eyes at Jerry who was still taking his standing nap. This made my anger flare, with angry air flaring from my nostrils, I took a small step toward him.

What I did next, could only define my intellect of a single digit old kid.

"Miss Mahriyaa, I think someone is calling you." I announce, squeezing my brows above her, concentrating on someone. She frown and was about to correct me but decided otherwise and turned quizzically.

At that moment, I nonverbally apologized Jerry before a fabric covered elbow met his liver with a severe force.

The result you might guess, my friend yelped in pain, rubbing his injured liver while shooting daggers at me and me smirking at him while raising my helpless eyes at Miss. Mahriyaa or Marriiya or whatsoever.

May your cliché guessing power rest in peace.

The reality was, a loud yelp resonated around us, and the fabric covered elbow which brutally punched my friend was throbbing in pain while the other three palms were caressing it to reduce the effect of shock and pain. In spite of a damaged liver we have got an injured elbow which was in-mistakably mine.

About the eyes, mine were stinging as a pool of tears were ready at my command to spill out but I vacuumed them inside while shooting daggers at the culprit liver who was standing beside me unaffected inside my friend's body, as for Jerry he had a genuine concerned look plastered on his face while his arms hesitantly caressing my elbow.

What the heck? Does he wear an iron amour on his body? Or he takes nails in dinner?

How come his body is steel pillar? Oh! My poor elbow, I think it is fractured.

Shut up and focus.

"What happened dear?" I felt and heard Miss. Mariyaaa coming near us.

Biting my inner cheek, I replied "No—nothing just—"

Tell! Come on! Tell her... what you tried to plan, did and happened...

Tell her every detail. Go on.

Mortified at the thought, I shut my tongue with my thirty two soldiers.

"Mahriyah let her breath; don't hover over the little soul." Jerry muttered firmly or more like commanded.

The next instant she jumped out two steps backward.

I didn't have the time and energy to concentrate at her so I just shook away everything, rubbing my elbow with extra care.

"I'm fine Jerry. You can release me." I murmured leaving my elbow. He gave a questioning gaze to which I nodded and he released me.

Heaving a breath, I gave a last glance to my elbow before straightening it. The pain is subsiding, I mentally chanted Mom's name to provide me the strength to endeavor the calm.

"Sweetie, you—you should sit down for a moment. It—" Miss. Mariya's concerned voiced reached my eardrums. Much to my relief, it wasn't her regular enthusiastic squeal.

"Mahriyah she'll be fine. Go get her some water." Jerry efficiently cut her off abruptly sending her off.

She squeaks then staggering backward, she ran to fetch water for me.

"It wasn't necessary Jerry. I'm fi—" I tried to reason but again was abruptly cut off.

"Shall I call Dr. Baron? I know you're badly hurt." He softly whispered, concern was what I saw and felt in him.

Smiling at his kindness and concern, I shook my head, "I'm fine, trust me. There is no need. And beside do you wear silver or metal armor to protect your stomach and liver?" I asked, lightening his mood.

My trick worked as his worried, terrified face broke; he chuckled, shaking his head. "You really are crazy."

"We already discussed my talent. No need to exaggerate." I shrugged while rising my head showcasing my pride.

We both chuckled but then Jerry's phone vibrated, fishing out the device, he gave me a look and went away to answer.

Phew! I'm alone again... finally some relief.

God this day is proving itself as another desperate complicated beginning.

Giving a frustrated comb to my lose hair through my hand, I wander my eyes around.

Soft clean grass did wonders to my eyes as without giving another thought, I took a step toward it.

The area around me was deserted, mostly deserted with only the security desk was visible but the workers were busy in their task. Other than them I was alone with Jerry vanished to pick his call.

My mind pacing inside me wandering at different corners of my memory.

I let the soft grass touch my feet, caressing my skin through the soft tender leaves.

Sighing, I gave a brief glance ahead. There was some woman in red or maroon clothes, head covered with a scarf, sweeping the ground with a broom.

Perhaps a worker or gardener.

Nodding absent mindedly, I went ahead, giving regular glances to the pavement for Jerry.

Soft wind swaying around as I strolled through the grass. It must be five to six steps that I took a heard something.

Strange but as I was heading further, I felt an unnerving feeling swirling inside my stomach.

Shaking it off, I took another step but it continued.

"You need not to fear. They are protecting you."

I shrieked as the soft whisper breathed near my neck. Startled to the core, I took two steps back from the source, utterly flabbergasted. A shadow hovered at me when I gave a sharp glance there.

The gardener lady was standing at a two step distance from me, her broom in her hand, and her grip firm on the stick.

With heavy breathing, I raised my gaze see her face, all I could see her mouth which was grinning, showcasing her hollow or yellow teeth. The wrinkles around her mouth told me that she is an old aged but her eyes were covered under her scarf, like she was shielding it from sharp sunrays.

Gulping down the bile of fear, I tried to make my vocal cords work desperately.

"Shh!! I know you're afraid but do not. Time will come." She whispered again. All I could hear her whisper while her mouth made movements thought her wrinkled lips.

It was soft but sent straight chills to my spine.

The shivers of flummox rose in the pit of my stomach staring at the enigmatic lady while my mind endeavoring the meaning of her words.

"Wh—" I croaked but

"Shh! Do not say. Words will cause you. Do not say." She harshly whispered.

Great lord! What is she saying?

I don't think she is sane one. I am getting strange creepy vibes from her.

What should I do now?

Different questions were swirling in the basement of my mind but none took the courage to slip from my tongue which was strangely strange.

She was shaking her head negative from the time she utter her last words like restraining me from talking.

I wander why?

Taking a leap of confidence, I cleared my throat. This made her stiff, provocative; she shook her head decisively while her grip only tightened on her broom.

"What are yo—" I croaked but her gasp melted my words inside my mouth.

"You done a mistake, now bear consequences." She whispered almost spit the words in sheer anger.

I scowl at her but my scowl broke when I felt something behind me. Startled at the presence, I turned sharply but my eyes caught a glimpse of her heavy necklace.

It was strange but alluring and eccentric.

It was in a friction of second, I turned but found no one. Gasping for air, I revolved on my axis only to find I'm alone.

Where did she went?

I didn't get time to think another question as I felt a wave of energy rushed past me with severe force, staggering me backward.

Blinking, I averted my gaze to prevent the dust to go inside my eyes.

Someone shriek yelling my name,

"Niera!!!"

I knew Jerry was calling me I didn't get the chance to answer....

***

March 31, 2017

**Madainn Mhath – Good Morning {Scottish}**

Another chapter.

I know you all must be hating me to leave you on another cliffhanger and not solving the last one but trust me you'll get the answers.

To all of your suspense.

*Another thing I want to share,*

March 29, 2016

The day when I published this book. Someone's Forever...

This book taught me so much in life, in a way I learnt about life a lot through this book.

One year of learning for me.

Thank you so much to all of you for this year of memories and teaching.

God bless.

My family and friends love you all.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Feel free to share your murder plans, you have planned for me. I would love to give my opinion.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

Thank you,

Neelam

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

79.1K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
266K 15.7K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...
5.7M 154K 38
-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...