What Makes You Beautiful (A S...

By ZAYNIARRYLOUIAM

A story of a girl, a sporty kind of girl who never ever had a boyfriend since the start of her existence. Aft... More

Intro - Prologue
You're Insecure, Don't Know What For
You're Turning Heads, When You Walk Through The Door
Don't Need Make-Up, To Cover Up
Being The Way That You Are Is Enough
Everyone Else In The Room Can See It
Everyone Else But You
Baby, You Light Up My World Like Nobody Else
The Way That You Flip Your Hair Gets Me Overwhelmed
You Don't Know, Oh Oh
You Don't Know You're Beautiful
If Only You Saw What I Can See
You'll Understand Why I Want You So Desperately
Right Now I'm Looking At You And I Can't Believe
You Don't Know You're Beautiful, Oh-oh
That's What Makes You Beautiful
So Co-come On, You've Got It Wrong
To Prove I'm Right, I Put It in A Song
Facts in Fictions (Character Information)

But When You Smile At The Ground It Ain't Hard To Tell

654 5 2
By ZAYNIARRYLOUIAM

“Riing!” my alarm clock invited me to another day, another morning. I opened my weary eyes. Sunlight already filtered my window which I sometimes hate.

“Bang! Bang!” Two straight bashes were heard from that scrawny door of mine.

“Wake up Sam! Your bus is already here.” said the voice of a little angel, Niall but made my head redder than ever.

I checked out the clock. 7:30 A.M. “Oh my gosh! This cannot be happening.”

I could hear the beeps of the bus from the outdoors. I was so stupid to wake up late in the morning.

“Sam! Get down here. Have your breakfast.” called mom from the kitchen which I recognizably heard.

“Alright mom. Give me a minute or two.”

I rushed into my bathroom. Took the toothbrush and toothpaste. Stuck it in my mouth. Grabbed my outfit which I never bother choosing. Went downstairs as same as how I went downstairs the last day.

“What’s happened, honey?” asked mom. “Take your breakfast with you.”

I grabbed my lunch box and zipped out. “I’m late mom. See ya.”

I hastily closed the door. I haven’t even tied my shoes yet but still I hurried up.

“Sam, your ball!” called a voice from our house. It was Niall. Holding my ball with his arms, he automatically threw the ball at me which I perfectly caught.

“Bye, Niall!” I shouted. “Mom!”

The bus couldn’t wait. It kept beeping and honking and all sorts of sounds it could make, it already gave it a go.

“Alright, I’m coming.” I told the bus.

The yellow school bus opened its door by itself operated by the angry driver.

“What took you so long?” the bus driver complained.

“Sorry.” I sarcastically smiled. “Just woke up, actually. Won’t happen again.”

“You better don’t or you’ll be walking two kilometers from your house to your school.”

I slightly nodded at the bus driver and went to find a descent seat for the first passenger to ride the bus this morning.

I found a seat right where Cody sat the last time I saw him. I felt it was comfy, though it never really was. I took a deep breath and viewed the outdoors as a wonderful scenery.

Time by time, the bus stopped to take more students as its passengers. I was waiting for Cody. My head was ready to apologize while my heart always had been ready to meet the guy.

Half the seats were occupied but still, no Cody Schmuckz can be spotted. I was starting to get disappointed. It was my one and only chance, I supposed.

Another thing was, Rose wasn’t there so I felt a bit lonely or probably, totally lonely. I don’t actually have many friends, yet I know, they are just falling in a que day by day.

The bus was still running while I unnoticeably fell asleep. It was getting hot and I could smell the nauseous stench of the bus air. I didn’t mind the feeling. I just kept myself sleeping until we reach the school.

Unaware of what was going on, I felt a strange feeling. The vibration that was supposed to explain the driving of the bus had just stop. I could finally breathe fresh air. The hot breeze of the bus was already cooling down and I could sleep well.

I didn’t plan to get off the bus but someone interrupted me. Somebody, probably a student dared to wake me up and ruin my beautiful dream.

I opened my weary, blurry eyes. I could see the colors, yellow, blue, white and black. I closed my eyes again but this someone here was really eager to wake me up. I didn’t have any choice. It wasn’t my bedroom nor my house. I yawned as if it was my last yawn. My jaw almost got stiff but I managed to close it. I stretched both my arms and exercised my shoulders. I could feel someone assisting me getting up. I took a deep breath and made a huge sigh. I cleared my eyes. I didn’t need glasses but I was just wondering who this person was.

 I faced this person and as I took a closer look, I was totally shocked. 

“Had a good dream?” said the guy.

 I was speechless but I couldn’t stand not talking.

“Oh my gosh, Cody. I’m so sorry.” I apologized. I was so shy. I didn’t know what to do. How to react or how to make a move. I was completely numb.

“No it’s okay and actually, I was expecting you to slap my face or kick my butt. Well, does that mean we’re friends now?” he asked. I can see it in his eyes, he was eager to make friends with me but it’s up to my mouth, I don’t actually think before I speak but I’m working on it, how I will decide.

“Oh!” I silenced myself but now I was browsing my mind for the proper words. Swallowing my pride wasn’t just chicken, it was like swallowing an ostrich or a large dodo bird.

“I was actually going to apologize for what had happened yesterday.” I stood before myself.

I saw how Cody reacted. I saw it on his face. It had a bit of anger, a half a hundred percent of relief, and the rest was happiness. Everything froze. Something was bugging me, probably this they say, the imaginary mini-devil on the left and the imaginary mini-angel on the right.

 I could hear out their suggestions.

“Get out of the bus, you nitwit. He doesn’t deserve a girl like you. Probably, he always fancies girls that he sees every other day. You’ll just end up heart-broken without a doubt, I assure you.” Said this mini-devil on my right shoulder.

“No, don’t let your pride stand against you. Face your fears. He’s not actually to be scared of. He’s a good guy and yes, you should give it a go. Apologize and make friends and besides, he’s cute, don’t you think?”

I totally agreed with the mini-angel one. She had the convincing statement while the other was no good.

Everything got back to normal. I thought Cody was waiting for me to say anything but he was the one to speak instead.

“That’s good news, you know. And I’ve heard that you and Zweig had a great broadcast last night.” Cody’s smile was indescribable. It was charming and at the same time, irresistible.

“Uhm, yes. It was actually fun. Bad for you, you didn’t get to join us.”

“It’s okay. I was actually doing something and yeah, if you’re still wondering, I gave Zweig your number and your name, as well.”

Our conversation was stopped by the bus driver yelling us to get out of the bus because it was already school time. We rushed out of the bus and headed towards the school entrance.

“Oh my gosh, what time is it now?” I asked nervously and was surprised.

 “9:30? Probably?” Cody guessed.”

 I remembered. It was time for soccer practice.

 “Oh no!” I couldn’t believe it. “ I am so late for soccer practice.”

 “Well, isn’t it 10:00 A.M. or anything?”

 I glanced at the skies. I took a peek on the grass lawns. All I could think of is a soccer ball.

 “I’m sorry but, I really need to go now. Catch me there.” I said, then I started walking away and I ran and rushed into the school soccer field which was a couple of hallways away. I could see Cody’s wave so I replied him a wave and a smile.

On my way to the soccer field, I saw a girl. A soccer player and if I’m right, her name was Romane.

“Hey!” I greeted.

Romane was in a rush to but it didn’t stop her from greeting me a good morning.

“What’s up? Looks like both of us have punctuality issues.” She greeted.

“I couldn’t agree you more.” I never thought a good morning starts with a good acquaintance party.

Finally, we passed the door of the indoors and out to the huge grass lawns. The soccer field. I couldn’t understand how I liked soccer but maybe, it was in my blood. Genetics has to do with it.

“Peet!” I heard the angry whistle of the coach.

I was panting as well as Romane. Both of us were exhausted of chasing time.

“Explain yourselves.” First two words I heard from our soccer coach.

I was totally tensed but I noticed Romane was in good shape.

The coach made a scary stare at me while I hoped I could make a valid excuse.

Romane stood out. She made a funny yet realistic excuse that made my day.

“We were robbed by three armed guys and guess what, we both lost our phone and we don’t have lunch money anymore.”

I stopped myself from laughing out loud. Instead, I secretly inserted my hand to press the silent button of my phone in case of what happens.

That excuse of Romane was the most epic thing I heard. She’s the legend of all legends. I adore her for that.

As I read the coach’s eyes, I had the feeling, his buying it already especially, when Romane made a slight drama that made our co-players cry a lot.

“Okay! Stop this commotion. Let’s start the day.” I heard the coach sniff slightly. His nose was getting redder and his eyes glossier. He turned against us and I knew he wiped his eyes.

“Are you crying, sir?” I asked.

The coach suddenly turned his way to me. Probably, angry, sad, mad. I don’t know. He had a slight frowning on his face. A stare that could kill a fly.

I felt nervous. I wished I didn’t asked that question. I could see our coach getting angry. Well, I had no idea actually.

He stared at me. He paused for a second and asked.

“Is there something on my eye?”

I sighed. I felt a huge relief. I then replied, “No, sir. Nothing unnecessary.”

 He smiled at me and went back to his business.

“Alright, everybody. Today is the start of our soccer practice. Congratulations to all those who made it from the tryouts.”

It followed a round of applause by all soccer players.

After the introduction of the coach for the first training, we went to our places. Not actually the permanent places but to any spot we are comfortable.

“Alright now.” Yelled the coach. “Let’s start the game.”

 [4/13/2013]

[Hey guys, so I kinda made slight changes as always. But everything seemed fine. Believe me, even if I was  the writer, I was so totally astonished of the twists I made. The vocabulary I used. I even laughed at myself reading this. If you think like it, you can always comment and don't forget to vote. If you can, Please vote every chapter. Thanks.] 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709K 6.9K 28
Bᴏᴏᴋ Oɴᴇ Iɴ Tʜᴇ Tᴏ Bᴇ Fᴀᴍᴏᴜs Sᴇʀɪᴇs(: A stuck up, rich girl named Maya-Ryan gets kicked out of her house and told she has an interview her father set...
790K 18.6K 49
If I told you this story begins with a contract to be one of the members of One Direction's girlfriend, you probably wouldn't even press the 'Read' b...
21.9K 398 33
When Emma goes on the One Direction summer tour with her best friend Lucy ,she never expected to be attacked. But when someone saves her and gives h...
211 5 38
One girl who loves a band except she doesn't know how to make them notice her! She wants to try a lot of things but knows other girls have tried alre...