GONE

By AlYahya25

When 4 detectives disappear in less than a year, the situation becomes critical. So when Rick Curt is forced... More

WELCOME TO COUNTYVILLE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
THE LAST CHAPTER (30)
I Need Your Help!!!!!!!

CHAPTER 6

224 13 31
By AlYahya25

Bingo Café was the place where everyone hangout. People meet, talk, dance and sometimes even sing.

At one of the tables, three sad looking girls were sitting when a girl with dark brown hair and hazel eyes approached them.

"Hey girls," the girl said sitting on a chair "why the grumpy faces?"

"Serena is still not found, Nessa" shouted a blond girl her blue eyes were almost red because of crying "we are worried sick"

Nessa rolled her eyes "yeah right, her" she murmured to herself.

The four girls were Serena's best friends outside of work. The girl that was shouting is Christy a sweet girl who cares about everyone, the other two who were sitting with her are Jo and Andy, their real names are Juliette and Cassandra but they hated their names and no one dared to call them by their real names. There was also Nessa.

Nessa is Serena's rival but she tried never to show it which failed most of the times, Nessa is always jealous of her as she always steals the lights from her. Unfortunately, they have common friends so Nessa has to act friendly with Serena but pray every night that she will disappear.

"Don't worry guys" Nessa said with a smile "she will be back"

"When she sleeps outside the house, she sleeps at one of our houses but none of us knows where she is" Andy said. Andy was Asian so she had black hair and black eyes.

"Well, she decided to sleep somewhere else for a change"

"She will never do such a thing," Jo said, she never showed it but Jo and Serena were always close because their personalities were alike. Jo was that crazy girl who used to have a weird sense of fashion and who dyed her hair weekly, this week she dyed it pink.

"Why so sure?" Nessa said

"Because it's Serena we are talking about, she would never do such a thing"

"What if the jinx jinxed herself?" Nessa said with a smile

"What?" Christy said

"She means that Serena is a jinx," Andy said frowning at Nessa "and that she jinxed herself"

"What jinx? What are you talking about?" Christy said looking between the three girls

"You know about the 4 detectives that disappeared in less than a year," Jo said, "people say that Serena is a jinx and that she is the one who caused their disappearances"

"Well let's hope that she stay away from the new one" Nessa continued "he is so cute, have you guys seen him?"

"No," Andy said "but there is a lot of people talking about how handsome he is"

Suddenly, a girl rushed to them "Guys, guys, have you heard the news about Serena?"

"No, what's wrong?" Christy said with anxiety.

"She is arrested for killing Carlos Schwann"

"What?" Christy screamed while the other gasped and covered their mouths with their hands.

"Yeah, people say that she is in prison now," the girl said moving up and down "I am going to the police station now, will you guys come with me?"

"Yes" the girls screamed running after the girl except for Nessa who after the girls left removed her hand from her mouth and smiled.

"Now that she is out of the way, I could do whatever I want," she said to herself and then stood up and walked lazily after the girls.

_______________________________

The room was almost empty except for the table that was in the middle of the room surrounded by 2 chairs. One of the walls was made of glass so that the people in the next room can see you but you can't see them, there were also microphones so that the people in the next room can hear what you are saying.

Serena was sitting in the room, her handcuffed hands under the table, resting her head on the table. She never sat like that before. She used to question people, not vice versa.

The door was slammed, she looked up to find Rick starring at her with anger, he went to her and slammed his hands on the table "A murderer, seriously?"

She narrowed her eyes "You left all the truths and held on to the lie, great job detective"

"You tricked me," he said with betraying in his eyes "why did you kill him?"

She rested her head on the table with no answer. That made him so angry that he slammed his hand on the table harder than before which made her shriek and sit properly.

He came closer to her "Listen to me, I will ask questions and you will answer them and I dare you to lie"

She smiled "I don't know why I thought you will be different if my father and Martin believed it why won't you?"

His eyes became kinder, he sat on the chair opposite to her "did you kill him?"

"No"

"And your alibi?"

"None"

He sighed and shook his head "Why would I believe you?"

"I have no reasons"

"But you didn't do it"

"No"

"Why does Gonzalez Schwann say that you killed his brother?"

"He saw me near the body"

He stared at her "What were you doing in the forest?"

She sighed "At around 5 o'clock I was walking in the forest. While I was walking, I found the body"

Rick was writing her words as she continued "As any normal human being, I freaked out and Gonzalez saw me and thought that I was the one who killed his brother and started shouting which made me panic more so I ran and he followed me. Thankfully, I lost him and then I found your house" she said the last sentence while looking at him and smiling.

He sighed "So that's why you told me to act like I don't know you the next time I see you"

"That and because I didn't want people to know that I slept at your house" she smiled.

In the other room, Martin was listening to every word. A tear fell from his eyes, he was the one who chose Rick to question Serena because he couldn't do it himself. It was too much for him.

"I believe you," Rick said suddenly.

Serena stared at him "What?"

"I believe you" Rick repeated "I believe you didn't kill him, but I don't know how to prove it"

Tears began to gather in her eyes "Call the officers to get me if you finished questioning me"

They stared at each other in silence for a while then Rick went to the door and told the officers to take her away.

While the officers were moving Serena stopped them "I don't care if you prove my innocence or not" she said looking into Rick's eyes "I wanted someone to believe me and you do, true I would have preferred that Martin or dad would be the ones to believe me but I am just glad that someone does"

"I will prove your innocence, you won't stay in custody for long"

She blinked once to show her gratitude and then they took her away.

Rick ran next door and found Martin still staring at the glass "So, how will we prove her innocence?"

Martin didn't answer so Rick continued "Why don't I interview Schwann and you search the forest for some kind of evidence"

"Interviewing witnesses is the commissioner's job here in Countyville"

"Why?"

"Commissioner Walker is the smartest here and he knows how to get the information that he wants from them"

"So how will we prove her innocence?"

"We won't," Martin said still staring at the chair that Serena was sitting at "As you can see, all the evidence are against her so she has to be the..." he couldn't complete the sentence.

"Say it" Rick exclaimed "If you really believe that stupidity say that she is a murderer"

"My thoughts are not evidence, detective" he shouted looking at him now "if it was, Serena wouldn't be here in the first place" he stared at the chair again "I was taught, detective to only believe evidence, searching for her innocence is not our job but her lawyer's" he said that and then left the whole station to have some fresh air.

Author's Note: I Have Updated Chapter 3 And 4. Nothing Major, I Just Added A Description To The Twins And The Walker Men. Go Check It Out If You Want To Know How They Look.

Now Tell Me, Who Do You Imagine Doing The Roles Of The Characters When You Read The Story? Comment And Give Me Your Thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 14.2K 30
|Book 1 of The Betrayal Trilogy - Now Discontinued| [READ AT YOUR OWN RISK-STORY WROTE AT AGE OF 13] *** "N--No! Leave her alone! Please, leave her a...
9.1K 1.4K 66
***NOW A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY*** [Book One of the Arabella Academy Series] Four teenagers, one dead girl and a whole lot of secrets surrounding a s...
4.2K 791 31
-MYSTERY- I'm dead. Deceased. Definitely not breathing. Laying in my favorite striped bikini, the one that fit the absolute best, and showed off m...
91K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...